Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Kevyn posted:

Butch and Rover in the Morning! *laser sounds*

"Comin' up after the break, YOUR chance for front-row Foreigner tickets!" *three minutes of airhorns*

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

The Lord Bude posted:

Clever kid. Saying cheese is dumb.

Well yeah, all the cool kids say "Fuzzy Pickles"

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
Our cat Teddy recently died.

Eowyn (5): "Mommy where is Teddy?"

Me: "Remember honey, he died and went into the clouds?"

Eowyn: "Because he's a superhero! He's fighting the bugs in the sky!"

(She really really hates bugs.)

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
Another thing is we teach her that when a pet dies they go up into the sky and turn into clouds. So we like to look up and find all the animal shaped clouds. One day we were at the store and in the parking lot and said:

"Mommy look that looks like a DICK. Look at that DICK cloud!"

After some prodding and many disgusted stares from old ladies shopping, I determined she meant stick insect.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Stairs posted:

Our cat Teddy recently died.

Eowyn (5): "Mommy where is Teddy?"

Me: "Remember honey, he died and went into the clouds?"

Eowyn: "Because he's a superhero! He's fighting the bugs in the sky!"

(She really really hates bugs.)

He's doing His part!

I would like to know more.

Something something meowbile infantry.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Beachcomber posted:

He's doing His part!

I would like to know more.

Something something meowbile infantry.

Starship Troopurrs

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.
I'm from Buenos Aires and I say pet them all.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Doubtful Guest posted:

I'm from Buenos Aires and I say pet them all.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

Choco1980 posted:

Well yeah, all the cool kids say "Fuzzy Pickles"

This did not go unappreciated, thank you.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
*desire to pet more intensifies*

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
My oldest niece made most of my WoW characters... this means I have a small army of female blood elves and a "moo-cow!" :3:

My last visit over, I was playing to kill some time, then my brother gets home with the girls from school. Said niece rushes to me at the computer all "hey, uncle Fenrir! are you playing warcraft?"

Me: "Yep, was just waiting for you guys. There's a roast beast in the oven!"
Her: "Yay!" *hugs me, then immediately eyeballs the computer screen* "Ooo, who are you playing?" *sees Troll shaman, makes frumply face* "He's ugly."
Me: "That's one my first characters - I made it back before you were even born." (she's 9)
Her: "It's a good thing I came along then, your characters suck."

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Fenrir posted:

My oldest niece made most of my WoW characters... this means I have a small army of female blood elves and a "moo-cow!" :3:

My last visit over, I was playing to kill some time, then my brother gets home with the girls from school. Said niece rushes to me at the computer all "hey, uncle Fenrir! are you playing warcraft?"

Me: "Yep, was just waiting for you guys. There's a roast beast in the oven!"
Her: "Yay!" *hugs me, then immediately eyeballs the computer screen* "Ooo, who are you playing?" *sees Troll shaman, makes frumply face* "He's ugly."
Me: "That's one my first characters - I made it back before you were even born." (she's 9)
Her: "It's a good thing I came along then, your characters suck."

She needs to learn a proper appreciation for trolls :colbert:

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I play Minecraft with my niece sometimes on our iPads and she loves filling every house I build with mooshrooms because they creep me the gently caress out.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

My girlfriend has a 5-year-old whose current thing is admonishing adults "don't say bad words in front of me!"

The other day, the 3 of us were hanging out and my girlfriend slipped up and said "poo poo". I forget the context, but in any case, little dude immediately piped up with "don't say poo poo in front of me!"

We both just about pissed ourselves laughing and reassured him he wasn't in trouble for saying that by accident.

This kid is hilarious. When he was like 2 he told his dad's idiot dog to gently caress off, and one time he asked his mom, "Mom, are you a badass?"

So now he's allowed to say badass, in appropriate company.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

https://twitter.com/craigcalcaterra/status/980049317863022594

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
12 year olds are too old to be cute-funny, and too young to be actual-funny. They’re just stupid-unfunny

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Kevyn posted:

12 year olds are too old to be cute-funny, and too young to be actual-funny. They’re just stupid-unfunny

That was kinda funny though.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kevyn posted:

what do you want for your 13th birthday?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Twelve-year-olds are actually pretty funny. They're walking a fine line between childhood and adulthood (relatively) and it can lead to some amusing incidents. A decent amount of the funny stuff I've written here has been from that age group.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Here's something my daughter drew in school. She apparently really likes drawing dinosaurs loving up her school

One Allosaurus came.
And ate 1 person.
The person's name was Nancy.

Nancy is a classmate

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I just remembered another one from the girlfriend's kiddo. It was his bedtime and he called out to me, "Sweet dreams!"

A moment later, and a little quieter: "If you don't have sweet dreams... I don't know what to tell you."

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

U-DO Burger posted:

Here's something my daughter drew in school. She apparently really likes drawing dinosaurs loving up her school

One Allosaurus came.
And ate 1 person.
The person's name was Nancy.

Nancy is a classmate

i'm the kid taking a pic

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Sis: "What did you do with Auntie Cat today?"
3 year old Nephew: "Eat."
Sis: "And?"
Nephew: "We had cheesy noodles."
Sis: "And what else did you do?"
Nephew: "And bacon."

(Kid loves to eat. We did do other stuff.)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

My mom was trying to do an aprils fool on my nephews/her grandsons (A/B = older/younger)

Mom: Your dad got you a new cat!
A: *ignores her*
B: No.
Mom: It's very big, and stripey and cute!
A: *rolls eyes*
B: *glance at brother* Noooo....
Mom: Also it's blue!! Hahaha!!!
A: *sigh*
B: *angry face*

guess they're too old now! :shrug:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

"I just farted a big man fart. I farted like Dad."

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
Not something a kid "said," as there was no dialogue during this exchange. But sometimes I give kids scrap paper to practice a concept during a lesson. Sometimes extra doodles get made but I don't mind as long as the kids are getting the actual lesson. Sometimes I let them keep it, sometimes i collect them.
Today I collected them. One boy's paper had the correct instructions followed but then also had what looked on first glance like a bouquet of dicks springing from a shared, hairy ballsack.

I immediately looked back at him but he was calmly walking away. I looked again and the dicks actually all form a strange humanoid figure. I don't think the dicks were intentional and he's not a kid that would try to pull something like that anyway but god drat I about sprained my neck from that double take. I placed the dick bouquet into the middle of the pile and didn't address it.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

sweeperbravo posted:

Not something a kid "said," as there was no dialogue during this exchange. But sometimes I give kids scrap paper to practice a concept during a lesson. Sometimes extra doodles get made but I don't mind as long as the kids are getting the actual lesson. Sometimes I let them keep it, sometimes i collect them.
Today I collected them. One boy's paper had the correct instructions followed but then also had what looked on first glance like a bouquet of dicks springing from a shared, hairy ballsack.

I immediately looked back at him but he was calmly walking away. I looked again and the dicks actually all form a strange humanoid figure. I don't think the dicks were intentional and he's not a kid that would try to pull something like that anyway but god drat I about sprained my neck from that double take. I placed the dick bouquet into the middle of the pile and didn't address it.

Do we need to beg you to post the image?

If so, Pleeeeeaaaaaassssseee?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Linked because maybe your boss will think it's a dick, too. This is the angle I saw it as it was handed to me. I caught the right side first.

The captions say "Carrot man" and "parallel parking fail."

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

That is absolutely 100% a four-headed dick monster.

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008
Fun Shoe

sweeperbravo posted:

Linked because maybe your boss will think it's a dick, too. This is the angle I saw it as it was handed to me. I caught the right side first.

I totally see the Carrot man, but also the dicks. This kid is a genius.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

sweeperbravo posted:

I don't ever want to stop looking at this picture.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Behotti posted:

I totally see the Carrot man, but also the dicks. This kid is a genius.

:stare: Holy poo poo, same.

EDIT: Mods please change my name to Bouquet of Carrot Man Dicks ty

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

The specks beyond the business end of the carrot man also add to the concern

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

The fifth graders were being ridiculous today, so I sat down to read them a picture book sarcastically (they love it). This book was a particularly uninteresting bit of pablum about a busy squirrel.

ME: *reading* "Squirrel couldn't join the others because he was too..." (Waiting for "busy")
KID 1: "...dead."
KID 2: "...stupid."
KID 3: "... pregnant!"

E:
THIRD GRADE GIRL: "What's this blob?" *Pokes my quadraboob*
ME: "Just my gross body."
OTHER GIRL: "No! You are gross AND BEAUTIFUL!"

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 12:44 on Apr 16, 2018

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Was trying to order something for a customer at work the other day, and the device we use kept glitching on me, resulting in several trips back and forth to get it working. When I finally went back to the customer to place his order, his little boy notices I'm back and goes, 'And there you are again!'

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

This is from a few weeks ago. I had the old Cat in the Hat cartoon on and in one of the songs the hat is like stretching around into all different kinds of weird shapes and poo poo and one of my little boys goes "It looks like one of those big flapping balloon man things they have at the car dealerships."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

OTHER GIRL: "No! You are gross AND BEAUTIFUL!"

This kid's already figured out The Human Condition in 3rd Grade.