Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Holy poo poo, this buffs the storm raptor/una 1 combo hahahahaha. Can’t e-leap her to death!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
But its a big nerf to the raptor itself :(

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Snipe+Nemo 3 means bad times. They really need to change his feat to enemies in his control area.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I mean honestly it's fine. It's a good change and he's still strong.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
As a filthy casual I've never played against Nemo3, but sounds like a good change that was overdue.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

If you need be I’ll be alone on my mountain top divining the rest of humanity’s future.

It goes very poorly for most of you.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
A very welcome change, Nemo3 was just absurd - and I'm saying that as primarily a Cygnar player. I did play against him with Legion during the CID and he shot my army off the board with no fear of repercussions.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I finished a thing.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
You sir win.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

gently caress. Got a link to the imgur gallery?

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

S.J. posted:

gently caress. Got a link to the imgur gallery?

I do actually- https://imgur.com/a/RvwZl

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Thanks. That paint job is loving outstanding.

Zalabar
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, he would like fries with that, thank you.

S.J. posted:

Thanks. That paint job is loving outstanding.

I concur; it's hard to recognize as a miniature. How'd you do the faded paint for the trollkin logo? I'm guessing some manner of blood sacrifice?

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Zalabar posted:

I concur; it's hard to recognize as a miniature. How'd you do the faded paint for the trollkin logo? I'm guessing some manner of blood sacrifice?

Honestly, it's just dead simple drybrushing. I went back over the logo with the base color for the wood. The effect is actually more pronounced in person- something with the lighting brings out the blue more in photos I guess.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Jfc that hooch hauler is gorgeous

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
Beautiful work, as usual!

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Thanks dudes! I'm painting the smallest, simplest solo I have sitting around after that thing, haha.

But soon I need to paint some Raiders to accompany the hauler. :negative:

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Fyrbrand posted:

Thanks dudes! I'm painting the smallest, simplest solo I have sitting around after that thing, haha.

But soon I need to paint some Raiders to accompany the hauler. :negative:

Speaking of, thoughts appreciated:

https://conflictchamber.com/#c7201b_-0G590r9Djq6G4kj20li-j5iTbKj3

Trollbloods Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Storm of the North

(Grim 1) Grim Angus [+29]
- Dire Troll Bomber [19]
- Dire Troll Mauler [15]
- Trollkin Runebearer [0(5)]
Fell Caller Hero [0(5)]
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress [4]
Valka Curseborn, Chieftain of the North [0(6)]
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes (max) [9]
- Northkin Elder [3]
Northkin Raiders (max) [15]
Trollkin Champions (max) [16]
- Skaldi Bonehammer [5]
Hearthgut Hooch Hauler [18]

I'm not sure about Lanyssa, but she pairs nicely with Bait the Line. There's not many options for a 4pt solo. Mist Speaker is one, but seems less important when Grim has True Sight and a magic gun.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Do you need max krielstones in that list? Champions love to have sorcerers on them for the extras boxes to sanguine bond around.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Jimmy Hats posted:

Do you need max krielstones in that list? Champions love to have sorcerers on them for the extras boxes to sanguine bond around.

That's like, the classic debate for Mk3 Trolls. I'm usually firmly in the max stone camp. I like the ability to spread out the army a bit more, and the extra bodies are surprisingly useful late game. That being said, if I were to drop to min stone, I'd probably also drop Lanyssa. With the 7 points I'd grab Eilish and Swamp Gobbers. The upkeep/spell hate is nice, and Puppet Master is really nice when you really want Grim to be hitting each turn with his 13/17" range gun. The sorceror attachment is definitely nice on Champs, but I'd take the extra utility and another cheap scoring unit over that.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Character jacks can now be added to 0s and other character Jrs outside of theme!

https://cid.privateerpress.com/forum/rules/model-rules-reference/79091-crucible-guard-cid-update-6

Can’t wait to pay 22 points for Sorcha 0 and Beast.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Have any of you gotten your totem huntress yet? It's the first month I did mini crate so I am wondering when the minis arrive.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Character jacks can now be added to 0s and other character Jrs outside of theme!

https://cid.privateerpress.com/forum/rules/model-rules-reference/79091-crucible-guard-cid-update-6

Can’t wait to pay 22 points for Sorcha 0 and Beast.

Tristan Durant's character jack and its abilities were alluded to in his book, so if he can get that in his Junior form that could be neat.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Malakov jack with sucker and backstab when?!?!

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Still waiting for Ragnor's Earthborn with Impervious Flesh, PP. :colbert:

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
After realizing that my meta is about 80% Hordes I finally picked up Venethrax. I was going to pick up some more jacks and run him in Black Industries for a hilarious amount of counter-charge, but then he did this to a Barnabas2 list with Dark Host:

This is top of 3 when the store closed and we had to leave.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

That's that good poo poo. Speaking of lists, I think I finally found the Orion list that I actually like, and I now have the models to play it.

https://conflictchamber.com/#cc201b_-0ijBdmdmdndBdadadddCdfdfdgdgdF

Convergence Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Destruction Initiative

(Orion 1) Eminent Configurator Orion [+28]
- Assimilator [16]
- Assimilator [16]
- Conservator [12]
- Corollary [6]
- Monitor [16]
- Monitor [16]
Accretion Servitors [0(2)]
Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex [2]
Elimination Servitors [0(3)]
Elimination Servitors [0(3)]
Reflex Servitors [0(4)]
Reflex Servitors [0(4)]
Transfinite Emergence Projector [19]

Squeaked out a win against The Wanderer with it tonight. Ended up being much close than I thought it would have been at first - Grymkin's shield guards are insanely efficient, and Star Crossed legit kept my TEP from doing nearly as much work as it should have. Trampling a Conservator up and then using Orion's gun + Induction to murder a shitload of neigh slayers and hollow men was loving awesome though.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Only 2 monitors... Needs more ellipsaw...

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
For Champion style tournaments, are you required to physically bring all the models for both lists or can you have a dummy one?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

For Champion style tournaments, are you required to physically bring all the models for both lists or can you have a dummy one?

you have to go as far as fully painting and basing your models in Champions, I don't think you can proxy them

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
No, sorry. I mean, I have one list all done but I literally don’t bring the models in the second list.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Ah never mind I found it. It’s D&C 1.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

Only 2 monitors... Needs more ellipsaw...

I know! I know. But I'm not buying that many. I'm so sorry.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Cygnar continues to show that even getting ‘nerfed’ they come out with bags full of cash with this latest CiD change.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I mean I would kind of consider Deneghra to be a buff, DEF fixing is more generally important than ARM fixing for Cryx. But yeah, FfE on Caine 0 is just stupid hilarious.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I picked the wrong faction to start playing this game, i swear

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

mp5 posted:

I picked the wrong faction to start playing this game, i swear

Which one

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000

S.J. posted:

I mean I would kind of consider Deneghra to be a buff, DEF fixing is more generally important than ARM fixing for Cryx. But yeah, FfE on Caine 0 is just stupid hilarious.

Def fixing with a Foc 4 stat is just increfibly meh. She can boost for 3 dice, and even then only debuffs def14 on a 10+ (50/50 chance). I think she's the worst by far right now. Then again, I really didn't want to see parasite in every BI list.

FFE is indeed very good, for example guaranteeing a stormstrider fully boosted shots every turn or easing the focus burden on a colossal. Snipe would've been both stupid, and made the trencher junior (who I haven't seen once) completely obsolete.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

You can run arc nodes into the back for another +2, and you can puppet master when appropriate depending on the list. It's probably a buff, comparatively. Venom certainly is. Plus, you can either cast it with boosting and not spend her whole stack automatically, or you can attempt to cast it twice.

The only time you'll probably ever see the Trencher Junior is in a GD list where he's got 2-3 Grenadiers on him, but it isn't necessarily better than putting them on jack marshal's for the +2 and not having to worry about losing him and the jacks.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Apr 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
My main problem with the trencher jr is that the jacks on him don't count towards free points, so in a GD list, taking him and one or two jacks will most likely cost you a free solo. In HM he might fare better, but not with grenadiers as he can only give them a single shot. Chargers perhaps. Haven't played him yet either way, I find him pretty underwhelming.