Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
I'm not big on his two croutons presentation, but now I want soup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Liquid Communism posted:

I'm not big on his two croutons presentation, but now I want soup.

I agree. That’s a big old soggy lump of wet toast.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

mindphlux posted:

in other news lol which one of y'all got interviewed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuHVUNISceA

Lol probably more appropriate for the industry thread so
The Restaurant Industry Thread>Hired and Fired Rhyme

al-azad
May 28, 2009

My favorite youtube channel right now is this old Indian man who cooks big meals for his little farming village. They're really easy to replicate because they're all basically one pot recipes, season to taste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pePFKZdlSJ0&t=430s

Made this for breakfast, brought some in for lunch and my co-workers are like "Oh, did you go to the place up the street" and I'm like :smug:

Hauki
May 11, 2010

that looks delicious and grandpa owns

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I was trying to find a youtube video of someone making nachos the way I do (get perfect, unbroken chips(or make them from tortillas if you have the time), put a layer of beans, layer of meat(with bell peppers, onion, jalapenos), layer of cheese, bake in the oven on a cookie sheet) and I found this video instead. I just had to post it somewhere because I'm just amazed at how unbelievably loving lovely these nachos look. I'm offended for nachos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycbatC75vBA

al-azad
May 28, 2009

empty whippet box posted:

I was trying to find a youtube video of someone making nachos the way I do (get perfect, unbroken chips(or make them from tortillas if you have the time), put a layer of beans, layer of meat(with bell peppers, onion, jalapenos), layer of cheese, bake in the oven on a cookie sheet) and I found this video instead. I just had to post it somewhere because I'm just amazed at how unbelievably loving lovely these nachos look. I'm offended for nachos.

This is so bad you'd think it was satire or something.

I'm of the opinion that nachos should be treated as a dip. If whatever scooping device I have is insufficient without breaking in half or gets all soggy under layers of juicy meat, beans, and melted cheese then it's worthless garbage.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

That's pretty much how nachos were originally made I believe.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

al-azad posted:

I'm of the opinion that nachos should be treated as a dip. If whatever scooping device I have is insufficient without breaking in half or gets all soggy under layers of juicy meat, beans, and melted cheese then it's worthless garbage.

I respect my body so I think nachos are worthless garbage anyway

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I don’t. I ate a whole pizza just now.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Statutory Ape posted:

I respect my body so I think nachos are worthless garbage anyway

"my body is a temple"

"im trying to make a sort of meat donut"

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

al-azad posted:

Nachos should be made like Chachos makes them. Stupidly big and taking 10 people to finish with enough poo poo through every layer that each chip has at least beans on them.

If you ever have the privilege of being in South Texas eat this

6 flavors of nachos, chicken and beef. Different meat, beans and cheese in each sixth. God I miss this poo poo.
Also yes that's a bowl of queso in the middle if you need it.

Errant Gin Monks fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Apr 8, 2018

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Nachos should be made like Chachos makes them. Stupidly big and taking 10 people to finish with enough poo poo through every layer that each chip has at least beans on them.

6 flavors of nachos, chicken and beef. Different meat, beans and cheese in each sixth. God I miss this poo poo.

But you have maybe 5 minutes to eat this before the chips fuse with everything else in soggy lump and I'm just eating it like a casserole at that point.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

al-azad posted:

But you have maybe 5 minutes to eat this before the chips fuse with everything else in soggy lump and I'm just eating it like a casserole at that point.

To be fair, enchilada casserole is pretty rad. I'm sure you could convince people to eat wet nacho casserole.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
It's not nachos until you're eating a loose casserole of delicious flavor. If you don't need a spoon by the end of the plate, you've failed at nachos.

I call all of the pickled jalapenos. Also a margarita or three supplemented with the flask in my purse. gently caress drat I love Chachos. Everyone go to one immediately.

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Everybody's gotta learn sometime

fizzymercy posted:

It's not nachos until you're eating a loose casserole of delicious flavor. If you don't need a spoon by the end of the plate, you've failed at nachos.

This. Ideally it winds up like chilaquiles. Actually just make chilaquiles.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

fizzymercy posted:

I call all of the pickled jalapenos. Also a margarita or three supplemented with the flask in my purse. gently caress drat I love Chachos. Everyone go to one immediately.

This man knows!

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Hauki posted:

"my body is a temple"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_of_Bacchus

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Hell yeah King Kong Nachos. Get a 32oz marg to go with it, and fully debase yourself. :)

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I like pile-nachos as much as the next guy but I really prefer to get perfect, unbroken chips from a bag of restaurant-style tortilla chips(I'm too lazy to make my own ok) and put a layer of beans, meat, and cheese and then bake them at 300 degrees for 5-10 minutes. And then add guac/sour cream/salsa. Each nacho is basically a little mexican pizza, its own little event. It takes a whole bunch of effort compared to pile nachos, especially adding bell peppers, onion, and jalapenos and whatever else to the ground beef, but it's worth it.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
God I hate all of you

CHIPS FRIED WITHIN THE HOUR

BEANS MADE WITH A WEIRD AMOUNT OF LARD

a single, delicate, slice of pickled jalapeño

THE MOST IMPORTANT PART NOW LIKE FOURTEEN SHAKES OF KOSHER SALT

then like a bunch of Oaxaca cheese or cheddar or whatever.

Mortonsrecipes.txt

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Jay Carney posted:

God I hate all of you

CHIPS FRIED WITHIN THE HOUR

BEANS MADE WITH A WEIRD AMOUNT OF LARD

a single, delicate, slice of pickled jalapeño

THE MOST IMPORTANT PART NOW LIKE FOURTEEN SHAKES OF KOSHER SALT

then like a bunch of Oaxaca cheese or cheddar or whatever.

Mortonsrecipes.txt

Congratulations on your impending heart attack.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/mindblowingtips/status/983427424703594496

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

I’ve seen this before but it always makes me laugh.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

It does remind me of the frozen, pre-buttered toast at Costco though

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Hauki posted:

It does remind me of the frozen, pre-buttered toast at Costco though

well, that just makes sense to have around. lol if im gonna keep both bread AND butter in the glove box of my truck.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

heres my nachos recipe

its the best possible nachos recipe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKxhI4I5kq8&t=16s

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I’m making a Mississippi pot roast and I want to do tacos with them. I was thinking a red cabbage slaw on top.

There seem to be two schools of thought on slaw. White wine or apple cider vinegar. Any of you fine goons have a preference?

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I’m making a Mississippi pot roast and I want to do tacos with them. I was thinking a red cabbage slaw on top.

There seem to be two schools of thought on slaw. White wine or apple cider vinegar. Any of you fine goons have a preference?

Apple cider vinegar

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Apple cider vinegar is the Southern way. Leave the white vinegar with the Germans.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I didn't even know weirdos used white vinager for any good meat. We use Bragg raw unfiltered ACV for anything redneck-taco related. Find that brand if you can, totally worth it.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
if your slaw is sweet / has mayo, I think white vinegar goes better. if more of a vinegary pickle slaw, cider

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Take a mayo slaw recipe and replace the mayo with pureed avocado

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

pile of brown posted:

Take a mayo slaw recipe and replace the mayo with pureed avocado

so thatttttt's where your forums name comes from

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

mindphlux posted:

:chanpop:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

mindphlux posted:

:golfclap:

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
it''s actually from food I posted in gws two years before I got my first job cooking... now I'm a cheffy chef

Edit: the avocado thing is legit good though and idk what you put in slaw dressing that would turn light green into brown

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

pile of brown posted:

Edit: the avocado thing is legit good though and idk what you put in slaw dressing that would turn light green into brown

Oxygen?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Arrgytehpirate posted:

four schools. Like 'greek style' yogurt for #3, or lemon, olive oil and honey for #4. TBH last time I had to make do I used apple cider vinegar as the white wine vinegar I had was so strong it was only good for making mayo.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Apr 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
that avacado slaw sounds good you should add some lime and cilantro to it also though