Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

LuiCypher posted:

Those same developers also had a habit of pissing John Carmack off because he wanted them to program engines a certain way. But the developers stuck to their guns - while the Saturn is a wonky piece of hardware, those devs actually understood it.

From reading the Masters of Doom book John Carmack seems like the kind of guy who would get pissed off if something wasn't done exactly the way he envisioned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

From reading the Masters of Doom book John Carmack seems like the kind of guy who would get pissed off if something wasn't done exactly the way he envisioned

He totally is, which is why he did so much of it himself.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It was hosed up when he killed his own cat.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

In Training posted:

I can't really imagine playing Quake with a controller so it's probably for the better

If you tried playing at like 1080p or 4k agreed, but if you played at software rendered 320x200, the way God intended, it would probably work well.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

It works great but it makes me wish I could play UT2k4 on vita.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Liver Disaster posted:

It works great but it makes me wish I could play UT2k4 on vita.

Same, but TimeSplitters Future Perfect.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Sakurazuka posted:

Honestly I was less bothered about that than the apparent actual blood related sister romance route.
Still the only game I've ever refunded on Steam.

She's not your blood-related sister. The truth is much dumber. She used her psychic powers to alter your entire family's memories so you all believe she's the MC's sister.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Thuryl posted:

She's not your blood-related sister. The truth is much dumber. She used her psychic powers to alter your entire family's memories so you all believe she's the MC's sister.

lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Thuryl posted:

That's some Metal Gear poo poo.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
Yeah, the second half of Nurse Love Addiction's plot basically turns into a deranged paranormal soap opera on three of the game's four routes.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
There's some big ticket sales items, like Disgaea 1-4, Helldivers, Caligula that the store is currently not showing in any of the sales list, but will happily sell you for a lot off:

https://psprices.com/region-us/discounts/?sort=name&platform=PSVita&page=1&platform_hide=PSP

https://psprices.com/region-us/discounts/?sort=name&platform=PSP&page=1

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Mar 17, 2018

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Yeah

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

In Training posted:

John Carmack has slain more pussy than most of us ever will.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Thuryl posted:

Haha :wtc:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

This weekend Son of Scoregasm went on sale. Not exactly my thing, but maybe one of you'll like it:

https://psprices.com/region-us/game/1780122/son-of-scoregasm?utm_source=RSS&date=2018-03-22

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Anyone know if Tomb Raider Anniversary is playable on the PSTV in the UK? It doesn't say it is in the store, but then I don't think it always does...

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

:ohdear:

EDIT: Oh and turns out what was creating issues to connect my Vita via USB was that I had registered it Via Lan with the PC previously so both were conflicting with each other. I erased the Vita from the lan connections in the MCA and voila!

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Mar 24, 2018

general chaos
May 20, 2001
Any recommendations for a case and screen protector for my Vita? I'll be traveling with it in a few months and will need to keep it safe in a crowded backpack.

Wouldn't mind saving a few bucks ordering from China.

I'm used to my 3ds rubber grip case that makes it more comfortable to hold (and less compact).

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

https://www.amazon.com/PSVITA-Game-Traveler-PlayStation-System-Accessories/dp/B006URYAKI
This is the best case I've ever found for any handheld, it's a little harder to get a hold of these days and won't fit the charge cable though if that's an issue for you.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

general chaos posted:

Any recommendations for a case and screen protector for my Vita?
Can't recommend a specific one, but if you're gonna put plastic on your screen, try to get matte. It's really nice to not have the screen reflect anymore.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Well it's not Unreal Tournament but Counter-Strike works pretty great on vita as long as you have someone hosting on android.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.
Is MGS HD any good on Vita or should I just steer clear since I already own 2 and 3 on PS2?

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Beelerzebub posted:

Is MGS HD any good on Vita or should I just steer clear since I already own 2 and 3 on PS2?

The games themselves run really well. A portable version of 2 of the best games in the series is no bad thing.

However, keep in mind that L2/R2 are mapped to the back touchpad. For some this is a non issue but for my oversized hands it was almost a dealbreaker until I got used to it.

If you can get over the rear touchpad then the game is a must buy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's also missing some features (the ape escape game, snake's dream, secret theatre, the skateboarding from 2 and MGO) but they're otherwise portable versions of some of the best games ever so if that sounds appealing to you go for it

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

It's also missing some features (the ape escape game, snake's dream, secret theatre, the skateboarding from 2 and MGO) but they're otherwise portable versions of some of the best games ever so if that sounds appealing to you go for it
To be clear these are not just left out of the Vita version, they're not in any versions of the HD collection.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I got a new memory card and I just finished uploading it my security backup. Thing is, when I go the Trophy app I get error NP-2125-0. Any help?

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Akuma posted:

To be clear these are not just left out of the Vita version, they're not in any versions of the HD collection.

MGS3 does include the 2 MSX games which are a cool bonus.

I just finished Metal Gear 2 for the first time and it's genuinely an excellent game. It really does feel like like if someone took MGS from 1998 and stuffed it into an 8-bit game. Several set pieces are blatantly recycled in MGS1 which is kinda funny to see. :krad: music too.

On another note, does anyone have any recommendations for vita games that have been PS+ games? I have this huge catalogue of them but don't really know what's worth a shot. I've played some of the more obvious stuff (Killzone, Uncharted) but wondering if there's any gems I've overlooked?

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

I'd pay a pretty stupid amount of money for this to happen

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

Same. Atlus doesn't even have an excuse, no one is asking for her to appear in story mode, who gives a poo poo.

We probably need to wait like 15 years when feminism becomes relevant in Japan and then another 5 for when they remake the dance games

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meallan posted:

We probably need to wait like 15 years when feminism becomes relevant in Japan and then another 5 for when they remake the dance games
good news: feminism is relevant in japan.

bad news: it isn't relevant to atlus

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
Then edit to: when feminism in Japan is relevant enough to bring intense criticism and monetary consequences to video game companies

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I don't think Atlus not caring about a character is actually a feminism hot button issue.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I don't think Atlus not caring about a character is actually a feminism hot button issue.

I meant my post mostly as a joke; but there is a correlation between sexism and atlus consistently dropping the ball to have any female protagonists I mean

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

That is definitely true.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there is a correlation between those two things, but the onus is on atlus. furthermore, it's an issue complicated by the fact that a large portion of the persona fanbase is women who like the hot guys in it, including the male protagonists. they might see a female protagonist as unnecessary because they have a female fanbase that is mostly there for the men. obviously, a female protagonist might bring in more women besides thirsty nerds, but it's more complicated than 'atlus doing a sexism'

otoh their constant refusal to acknowledge the female p3p protagonist in any way whatsoever is weird. I don't even care about her not being in any of the spinoffs but she even skips out on random promotional art for the franchise.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish they all had a protagonist option just for making replays more interesting so you could pick the opposite gender and get different social links.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
Yeah the femc thing is really weird because even if you go by atlus obsession with the canon routes... the dancing dlc s include characters that couldn't be in canon routes either, like Adachi or goro .

About the sexism thing, I do get that there's a lot going on; but even in that case above sexism can play into things. Girls who viciously attack female characters because they get in the way of the mens are part of that. So I don't even mean that atlus doesn't care about their female customers.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meallan posted:

About the sexism thing, I do get that there's a lot going on; but even in that case above sexism can play into things. Girls who viciously attack female characters because they get in the way of the mens are part of that.
I mean, I don't think anyone's actually done that and I don't think any of that fanbase would care if there was a female protagonist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I clicked on the video. I don't understand the problem. It looks like a girl dancing in a rhythm game. Is there something I am not seeing?