Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Got a couple SWEET pickups today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’ll forever love this picture. It’s like a two team fantasy league going at it.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar

MrSargent posted:

Got my copy of Demon Days today, I know what I am going to be listening to all day while doing house work.

Does it have the gaps between songs like the previous VMP Demon Days? I love that album so much, but I'm so used to the crossfades on the cd that the vinyl version is a bit jarring to me.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

I was in a thrift store a couple weeks ago and I saw a middle aged man berating his wife how properly to identify the "rare" Beanie Babies by the serial numbers on the tags or something. He kept getting very upset with her for not paying attention as he was going back and forth between his phone and the Beanie Babies. It was sad and awful and I felt really bad for her. I was also wondering what year he thought it was.

Did you see the photo gallery this guy posted of his house because Jesus Christ.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

what does this mean

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Toe Rag posted:

what does this mean

It's those little figurines with the big heads and tiny bodies that all look the same and are based on just about every pop culture property in existence. They're basically the current Beanie Babies.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

We get it, dude. You don't think video game soundtracks should be on vinyl at all. You haven't posted in this thread in months other than to make super sweet one-liner burns whenever someone posts about them. :rolleyes: BLARGH why do video game pic discs take up 30% of pressers' time

There are a ton of G.M.O. records from the 80s so you've had decades to get pissy about it. Sorry that a niche genre has brought more people into a hobby you also enjoy and it's no longer cool.

I went to a local record fair recently and managed to pick up some more Tangerine Dream and The Crusaders ( :v: ). Picked up a first pressing of Deep Purple's The Book of Taliseyn too.

Anyone know if Empire of Signs has more Hiroshi Yoshimira albums coming out soon? LITA sold Music for Nine Post Cards and Pier & Loft (which is from 17853 and not EoS), but I really want a copy of Soundscape 1: Surround eventually. Used to collect his cassettes and it's nice to be able to get them on vinyl.

e: I forgot to mention that the Bioware Store still has some copies left of the Mass Effect Trilogy box set at $50 down from a ridiculous $100. The fourth LP has some pretty bangin tracks that weren't included in any of the three original games. They dropped Andromeda's set down to $25 but I think the original trilogy box set is gonna stay at $50 until it sells out completely.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Apr 8, 2018

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Since we're talking video game music I didn't realize that Daughter was doing a vinyl release of the music they composed for the Life Is Strange sequel and now I hate myself because it's enough to get me to go out on record store day at some ungodly hour to make sure I get it.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

CPL593H posted:

It's those little figurines with the big heads and tiny bodies that all look the same and are based on just about every pop culture property in existence. They're basically the current Beanie Babies.

I see! That seems somehow even worse than collecting shoes.

Here I bought some records, AMA

Toe Rag fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Apr 8, 2018

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

no broccoli please posted:

Does it have the gaps between songs like the previous VMP Demon Days? I love that album so much, but I'm so used to the crossfades on the cd that the vinyl version is a bit jarring to me.

From what I understand it's exactly the same as the VMP pressing, including the potential locked groove on the c side.

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded

Toe Rag posted:

Here I bought some records, AMA

what's the patch on your butt flap?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Ebola Dog posted:

From what I understand it's exactly the same as the VMP pressing, including the potential locked groove on the c side.

My copy does not appear to have the locked groove issue on the C Side, so maybe I got lucky?

no broccoli please posted:

I can't compare to the original, but I felt the gaps between songs were short, it never felt like I was waiting for the next song.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

What’s us with the lock on Gorillaz? Is it in the middle of a song?

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Asnorban posted:

What’s us with the lock on Gorillaz? Is it in the middle of a song?

It's in the middle of All Alone on the c side, there's a video on reddit here.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Ebola Dog posted:

It's in the middle of All Alone on the c side, there's a video on reddit here.

Checked again, mine definitely doesn't have this issue on All Alone.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Humans are garbage.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Peas and Rice posted:

Humans are garbage.

Having seen the picture of this guy's collection I really hope his wife divorces him while you can still make money off that poo poo and she gets a fortune on ebay.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I bought my wife one of those stupid Funko Pop things because it was literally a kids version of a rapist and even though the purchase was ironic, I regret it to this day.

Video game soundtracks are much the same.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

I bought a bootleg Zelda record for $40 in Portland and sold it a couple years later for $300

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

MrSargent posted:

Checked again, mine definitely doesn't have this issue on All Alone.

Thankfully it doesn't affect every pressing, it took me four copies of the VMP pressing before I got one free of the defect (and one lost in shipping...).

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

caligulamprey posted:

The Residents' cover of Fur Elise. My friend was kind enough to pick this up for me at the Merch table last night. 1,000 pressed in 1987, they only had one copy to sell. :dance:

How in the hell is that even possible? They kept a copy around for 30 years? :psyduck:

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Ebola Dog posted:

Thankfully it doesn't affect every pressing, it took me four copies of the VMP pressing before I got one free of the defect (and one lost in shipping...).

That is some awful luck man, sorry to hear that it was such a pain.

Lungs
Dec 20, 2005
Some poorly displayed and photographed recent purchases.

Unsane - Total Destruction
Huerco S - For Those Of You Who Have Never (And Also Those Who Have)
Paul Newman - Frames Per Second
Noxagt - Brutage
Paul Newman - Machine is not Broken
DAF - Die Kleinen Und Die Bösen
Swans - Young God EP
DAF - Gold Und Liebe
Paul Newman - Only Love Can Break Your Heart
Squirrel Bait - Skag Heaven
Blank Dogs - Under and Under
Pegboy - Three Card Monte
Lean Year - Lean Year
Pendant - Make Me Know You Sweet
Golden Oriole - Golden Oriole
Future Virgins - Doomsday Raga
Gore - Mean Man's Dream
Tragic Mulatto - Chartreuse Toulouse
Future Virgins - Dirty Smiles 7" Comp
Enablers - Blown Realms and Stalled Explosions
Killdozer - Burl
Rudimentary Peni - Death Church
Red Dons - Fake Meets Failure
Barn Owl - Lost In The Glare
Altered Hours - On My Tongue
Altered Hours - In Heat Not Sorry
Broadcast - Tender Buttons
Savage Republic - Tragic Figures
Cheer Accident - Introducing Lemon
Total Abuse - Prison Sweat
Perspex Flesh - Ona
Snob - Snob
Teengenerate - I Don't Mind
Men's Recovery Project - Emergency Record
His Hero is Gone - Fool's Gold
New Bomb Turks - Bottle Island

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Looks like a comfy sofa.

Lungs
Dec 20, 2005
Good for sittin, good for sleepin

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Cross-posting from the metal thread, here's a limited (only 1500 copies) red 2LP version of Megadeth's new deluxe remaster of Killing is my Business. There were even rarer variants, like signed silver, but those were gone before I learned about this.

If you are/were into them, I think $30's not bad for a 2LP set that includes some additional swag.

http://centurymedia.merchnow.com/products/v2/269257/killing-is-my-businessand-business-is-good-the-final-kill-red

edit: also, I listened to the Demon Days release from Parlophone just last night and while the pauses between tracks are indeed "short" they are very jarring if you're used to the CD sequencing. Dirty Harry is supposed to flow right into Feel Good Inc., and Don't Get Lost in Heaven is supposed to flow right into Demon Days. What the hell dudes :mad:

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Apr 10, 2018

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

So after all these years and demand, they botched Demon Days, huh? Guess I can live with my CD copy.

In other news if you like your chip tunes having that warm vinyl sound like God intended...

https://twitter.com/stsphonoco/status/983747756991942656?s=21

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

CPL593H posted:

Having seen the picture of this guy's collection I really hope his wife divorces him while you can still make money off that poo poo and she gets a fortune on ebay.

That's a normal thought to have

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

A human heart posted:

This but unironically

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

A human heart posted:

You really need to see the photos he’s talking about.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

EL BROMANCE posted:

You really need to see the photos he’s talking about.

https://m.imgur.com/a/RdTiF

iluvpr0n
Oct 21, 2000

At first I thought, "OK, that's a lot. But I feel like I've seen worse collectors out there." But then I noticed this button:

:vince:

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Skynet did nothing wrong.

edit: also apparently the wife is full onboard with this so her divorcing him would just mean there are two houses like this.

quote:

Most of the coverage after that viral tweet assumed that Amanda wrote the contract as some kind of nagging wife nerdom trope. But she also collects Funko Pops, mostly Disney and animals. “When I see them I just can’t pass them up,” she told me. “I also enjoy the hunt of finding the ones that we need, especially when I find them before James can!”

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 11, 2018

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Nail Rat posted:

Skynet did nothing wrong.

edit: also apparently the wife is full onboard with this so her divorcing him would just mean there are two houses like this.

Oh, well I guess that makes it uhh better? At least they're awful together.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Here's my $1 thrift score of the week.

Stanley Clarke - Modern Man

Anyone have a nastier looking cover in thier collection than this? I couldn't pass it up though, the record is in perfect condition.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Ballz posted:

So after all these years and demand, they botched Demon Days, huh? Guess I can live with my CD copy.

In other news if you like your chip tunes having that warm vinyl sound like God intended...

Kinda want...

Also them botching this Demon Days reissue just means my original pressing just shot back up in price!
and I'll never sell it.

:grin:

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Ballz posted:

You own Ship to Shore right? One of these days I'm gonna run rough shod over your store...

Not related to vinyl, but I don't think there's a pretentious rear end in a top hat thread for tape decks, I picked up this at a thrift store the other day: https://www.amazon.com/Technics-RS-TR373-Cassette-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B00000K0JC

It actually works and hasn't shredded the few cassettes I have around here. Hurray.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

No that’s another goon in this thread. I just post their stuff semi regularly because they are extremely my poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Just installed an Ortofon Red stylus on my LP-120 and am loving it so far. Was able to get one on sale at my local record store.