Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orange sky
May 7, 2007

lol Benfica is going to the segundona dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Benfica winning the championship and then getting relegated would be the most hilarious outcome,but it would forever break the status quo so it will never happen.

Im actualy serious,if one of the big 3 gets relegated judicially we will see large scale riots.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
none of the big three will ever drop are you crazy, even if they went down through points the league would probably come up with some Argentina style bullshit to keep them up.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
football sucks

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Im irl laughing out loud.this week is going to be insane.

For context, benfica won and is now first,sporting and porto lost.6 games to go.also sporting,pay your bills.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Bruno has got to be admitted to a Mental Health facility, he's going super crazy super fast. Come in Benedito call for a vote

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

What's going on with Sporting? I'm hearing about suspended players and the president throwing a tantrum

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Sporting,as is their wont,played like never before,but lost as always, 0-2 to atletico madrid.president big brains imediatly went on facebook and criticized specific players,coates and mathieu for "dumb mistakes",coentrao and bas dost for getting yellow cards that will prevent them from playing in the home game claiming that " they just decided not to play the return game" and montero for missing a clear chance. Now , this kind of atack on specific players by the president of the club is already pretty lol, but then team captain rui patricio and one of the very few sporting players to have actually won some trophies posted on instagram a text defending the squad that was imediatly subscribed by every heavyweight in the squad.
Chairman double down then did what he does best and suspended every player that subscribed or comented on the post,and now sporting is claiming their b team will play the next league game (some clubs in portugal have b teams that usually play in the lower divisions,one of the few ideas that actually improved the quality of football in portugal).here is a nice summary,run it through google translate should come out pretty clean.

In sumary,bruno de carvalho hosed around,managed to alienate the entire professional squad of sporting. Everyone kind of saw this comming.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

lmao nice meltdown

Thanks for the link, I understand Portuguese so I was able to fully enjoy the president’s tantrum

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Portuguese football loving rules.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Also Sporting is basically a team of players I forgot about 3 years ago. Wow.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

The press here is melting down because how dare Sporting suspend our captain, and hell, I agree #FreeBryan

orange sky
May 7, 2007

He's gotta quit, he's obviously having some sort of psychotic break or some poo poo

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Yeah,all of his other tantrums seemed to be his insane ego but also smokescreens for other stuff,but this is more insane and rabid,theres got to be something else going on.either he had a legit breakdown or theres some stuff coming down the pipes judicially or financially that he cant avoid.

I mean,its bad seing someone have a public meltdown, and portuguese football will be better off if he leaves, but a lot of fans from other clubs wished their presidents were as passionate as bruno de carvalho.i think the 2015/2016 season broke his brain, which is sad because it was the best season this podunk league ever had.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

So looks like the suspension thing was just a tantrum and bruno de carvalho didn't go through with it

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

You would think so,buuut

So on saturday there was a meeting between,staff ,players and the president,at 18h00 there was the normal press conference from the coach,players are not actualy suspended,sporting will field a normal team,the president of the general assembly (kind of a overseer of elections in the club and that general assemblies run their course) says everything is fine,this is fine.

Then reports start coming out. Like the major investors preassured bruno de carvalho to tone it down,that bruno de carvalho called on the ultras to threaten players,and the worst of all,that he apologised to the players.

Cue to today,just before the game a new facebook post by the Green Juche! Saying that the players are not suspended but they will all have disciplinary processes against them, that the president does what the hell he wants, and that there is a conspiracy and moles in the locker room, and its several of the more established players, though he doesnt name who it is.(hint : its probably rui patricio and william carvalho, ya know, the two captains, european champions,and two of the most valuable assets sporting has). Meanwhile fabio coentrao has been shipped back to real madrid, probably tanking his chances to go the world cup, news starting coming out of sporting players going out at night,and bruno de carvalho was actually boed in the stadium.so,ya know.this is fine.everything is fine.

Oh and benfica,porto and sporting won and there is a title decision derby next week,whatever.

Antifa Poltergeist fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Apr 9, 2018

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
these news came out at the perfect time for the portuguese media because it means not many people will notice if they don't report on the fact that, once again, Benfica won their match with a nonexistent penalty near the end of the game

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Yes,its like your president is really loving stupid/insane or something.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Trying to watch the match but watching anything where Mexican players are involved, with Mexican narrator/commentator is insufferable.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

A Mexican scored so maybe they're onto something! Heh

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

The narrator pretty much orgasmed on air, I should have muted the TV

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Ah,benfica making GBS threads the bed at home against porto,the classics never die.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Lol Benfica lost and still have to play Sporting away. here's the table:

seems good

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Hello,

I am a former plastic who does not follow the football. However I am on an Iberian trip, currently Madrid headed to Barcelona later today, then Lisbon. Should I get a Benfica jersey to reclaim my plasticness? I do not know anything about Portugal. but their jersey seems cool and I'm a fashionable person. Also I want to bring something back besides postcards. tyia friends

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Apr 16, 2018

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I suppose I should be a Benfica plastic because my grandfather was a Madeiran Benfica plastic but I don't really care. If I went to Lisbon I would get a Sporting shirt with the name and number of cool guy Bryan Ruiz.

e: While you're in Madrid try and get a Rayo Vallecano shirt, it's the coolest Madrid club from a working class neighborhood with anti-fascist ultras and a sash kit, what more could you want?

Simone Poodoin fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Apr 16, 2018

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

poo poo, I am leaving Madrid in one hour for Barca. Sad! Though I shouldn't be spending so much money anyways...

I'll check out the Benfica store at the airport. Are they the ones fixing matches?

If anyone has cool Lisbon tips please let me know, thanks! I will be there Friday to Monday staying next to the Alameda station.

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 16, 2018

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

actionjackson posted:

Hello,

I am a former plastic who does not follow the football. However I am on an Iberian trip, currently Madrid headed to Barcelona later today, then Lisbon. Should I get a Benfica jersey to reclaim my plasticness? I do not know anything about Portugal. but their jersey seems cool and I'm a fashionable person. Also I want to bring something back besides postcards. tyia friends

Get whatever jersey your heart desires, dear plastic.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

actionjackson posted:

Hello,

Check this thread

Also,buy a academica de coimbra shirt,you can look like a connaiser of very old,prestigious clubs and it also doubles as a funeral atire.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Benfailca

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Bruno Fernandes will go for 100M

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Yes.benfica boards are :munch: right now.

orange sky posted:

Bruno Fernandes will go for 100M

Lol,no.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I hope Porto gently caress up and my boy Bryan lifts the trophy

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Benfica are so bad without Jonas lol. now its up to Sporting next week to put the last nail in their coffin before they all go to jail

Simone Poodoin posted:

I hope Porto gently caress up and my boy Bryan lifts the trophy

he's already lifted one this season (league cup) and we're in the final of the portuguese cup against loving Aves, so he's probably lifting another. drat thats that feels good

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
After Sporting and Benfica's draw, Porto are champions. Now it's just a question of who finishes 2nd and gets to go to the CL.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
:eyepop: those goal differences

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Welcome to the primeira liga,where all teams are poo poo but 4 teams are usually less poo poo,only because 14 other teams are raging tire fires.and the tires are made of poo poo. Im now pulling for braga to get the cl spot.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

trem_two posted:

:eyepop: those goal differences

lmao I hadn't even noticed that

ChainsawCharlie posted:

Im now pulling for braga to get the cl spot.

What's the tie breaker if they end up equal in points? This would certainly be the funniest outcome.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Simone Poodoin posted:

What's the tie breaker if they end up equal in points? This would certainly be the funniest outcome.

Braga would go through, as they won one of the two matches between braga and sporting, and they have more goals. I think this is how it works, but this is still the PT league so the rules are all made up.

Also this season was really bad and I'm glad I didn't pay any attention to it.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Lol sporting, you joke of a club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
football sucks anyway

• Locked thread