Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ben should be a Jewish New Yorker.

So obviously Woody Allen. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Armie Hammer for ___________

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

BrianWilly posted:

nicates with Timothée Chalomet in the Oscar-nominated Call Me By Your Name.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

BrianWilly posted:

*Googles*

Um... he could be an extra? Forgettable bland white dudes are always needed for a restaurant scene or something.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Koalas March posted:

If that trailers to be considered, Marvel knows Black Panther is the future.

‘Black Panther’ to Break Saudi Arabia’s 35-Year Cinema Ban
Yeah it seems like they have been playing up the Wakanda stuff significantly in the trailers

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jamesman posted:

Also I know I've campaigned for Freddie Prinze Jr and Sarah Michelle Gellar to play Reed and Sue, but that's not gonna happen so I'll change my casting to Oscar Isaac and Evan Rachel Wood.

Warren Beatty and Annette Bening.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007
Saw Black Panther for the second time. Realized that the storytelling at the beginning is N'Jobu to Erik not T'chaka to T'Challa like I thought/assumed the first time. Movie is so good.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
While watching the new Superstore I figured Ben Feldman and Colton Dunn would make a great Reed and Ben.

And if we're going weird with it: Nick Wiger and Mike Mitchell. The Dough Boys as Reed and Ben. I'd also accept Jon Gabrus as Grimm.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
It's a goddamn phenomenon at this point.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
all the heroes are dead and dying,all hope is lost,deadpool runs in from offscreen with a bottle of lube in one hand and a picture of hugh jackman in the other.

"hey guys i'm here to save the d-".......

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There’s a rumour going around that Woody Harrelson is Carnage in the Venom movie. It’s probably BS but I love it anyways

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Jamesman posted:

Since Mads got used in Doctor Strange, my backup actor is Javier Bardem. Or they could just use Mads again, it's not like people will go "Hey! That's Kaecilius!"

Also I know I've campaigned for Freddie Prinze Jr and Sarah Michelle Gellar to play Reed and Sue, but that's not gonna happen so I'll change my casting to Oscar Isaac and Evan Rachel Wood.

Cole Sprouse can be Johnny. I can't think of anyone sufficiently New York enough to play Thing though, so help me out.

Paul Giamatti

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

cast a Romani actor as Doctor Doom

Doom is Romani

cast him thus

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Nodosaur posted:

Doom is Romani

cast him thus

Sasa Barbul

He's got great Doom eyes.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

Nodosaur posted:

Doom is Romani

cast him thus

Sebastian Stan

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Dr Dooms backstory reads more like a superhero

quote:

Victor Von Doom was born decades ago to a tribe of Latverian Romani people under the rule of an unnamed nobleman called the Baron. Victor's mother was witch Cynthia Von Doom who died by Mephisto's hand while Von Doom was young. His father, Werner, was the leader of the tribe and a renowned medicine man who kept his wife's sorceress life quiet in order to protect Victor from a similar fate. Soon after Cynthia's death, the Baron's wife grew incurably ill from cancer and Werner was called to the capitol to heal her. When she succumbed to illness, the Baron labeled Werner a murderer and called for his death. Werner escaped with young Victor, having realized the night before the woman would die. He goes on to die of exposure on the mountainside, cradling the boy in a final embrace and giving him his garments to keep him warm. Victor survived and, on return to the Romani camp, discovered his mother's occult instruments and swore revenge on the Baron. Victor grew into a headstrong and brilliant man, combining sorcery and technology to create fantastic devices which would keep the Baron's men at bay and protect the Roma people.

:allears:

I just personally want to see him do a bunch of techno-magic poo poo. I love it when you combine hard science/engineering with the loving occult

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Yeah but I just can't see them ever introducing the concept of magic into a comic book movie. Just seems too farfetched. Much better to go with something more grounded like turning him into metal every time.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Fartbox posted:

Dr Dooms backstory reads more like a superhero

:allears:

I just personally want to see him do a bunch of techno-magic poo poo. I love it when you combine hard science/engineering with the loving occult

it reads like it was written by Doom

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Samuringa posted:

it reads like it was written by Doom

You just know Doom has a Doombot solely dedicated to making sure his Wikipedia page describes him in only the most glowing terms. And vandalising Reed's.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yvonmukluk posted:

You just know Doom has a Doombot solely dedicated to making sure his Wikipedia page describes him in only the most glowing terms. And vandalising Reed's.

Doom got banned from Wiki editing years ago and has since established DOOMipedia.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Doom got banned from Wiki editing years ago and has since established DOOMipedia.

I would totally love a DOOMpedia, that's basically a Marvel wikia except from the perspective of Dr Doom.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Koalas March posted:

I would totally love a DOOMpedia, that's basically a Marvel wikia except from the perspective of Dr Doom.

Sounds like a good fan project to get moving on.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Not only was there a DOOMipedia, there was a DOOM programming language.

And that is why Unbeatable Squirrel Girl is the best.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Sounds like a good fan project to get moving on.

I'll start the Wik- wait

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

‘Nah, that origin is too good, we need to make him a melted trash bag man.’

-The producers of Fan4stic

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

FlamingLiberal posted:

‘Nah, that origin is too good, we need to make him a melted trash bag man.’

-The producers of Fan4stic

Remember when he was supposed to be a computer hacker who used DOOM as his online handle?

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Yvonmukluk posted:

He could've just written code that did that but he built an entire robot that looks like him to type at his laptop

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Well yeah his castle has a built-in factory for producing Doombots. It is staffed entirely by Doombots too.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

David D. Davidson posted:

Well yeah his castle has a built-in factory for producing Doombots. It is staffed entirely by Doombots too.

The real Doom retired fifteen years ago and is living like a king in Patagonia.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Bruceski posted:

The real Doom retired fifteen years ago and is living like a king in Patagonia.

That's his Doombot programmed to relax. He's actually at Epcot because he needed a vacation from his vacation.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
My friends and I were discussing this. In the movies, there have been two elders, The Collector and The Grandmaster, and certainly could be more of them. They also have some sort of theatrics and cheesiness about them.

The question is this: Who would you cast as one?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

CommaToes posted:

My friends and I were discussing this. In the movies, there have been two elders, The Collector and The Grandmaster, and certainly could be more of them. They also have some sort of theatrics and cheesiness about them.

William Shatner.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
John Lithgow.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Nick Cage.

Honestly I just want him in the MCU.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Norm MacDonald was my fave suggestion.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Phylodox posted:

John Lithgow.

Have him hiding out on Earth as a college professor and I’m in.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I would very much like to see Mary Elizabeth Winstead cast to replace Natalie Portman as Jane Foster.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

CommaToes posted:

Keagan Michael Key, Taraji P Henson, Dave Chappelle or Tyler Perry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Weirdly, of those four I honestly think Perry would be the best fit. The others come off as too young, imo (also holy poo poo Dave Chapelle is only 44).

Henson's not a terrible choice either.

e: jesus christ, I'm eating crow, they're all under 50

• Locked thread