Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

'A human reptile'.

Yes, that statement makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

The MSJ posted:

Well he sure does suck at fighting without another hero to distract the enemy.

What are you talking about? Iron Jonah is right there!

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Wait, doesn't the The Lizard KNOW he's actually Curt Conners, and not give a single gently caress? I thought he was like "CONNERS IS WEAK, I, THE THE LIZARD, SHALL TAKE OVER THE EARTH WITH MY ARMY OF REPTILES".

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

It would honestly be pretty hilarious if the solution was Spider-Man methodically remember who you are-ing both the transforming monster men and then they all just go home.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

NSM Gold Star if he forgets to pick up JJJ on the way out.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Android Blues posted:

It would honestly be pretty hilarious if the solution was Spider-Man methodically remember who you are-ing both the transforming monster men and then they all just go home.

Once he's done with Conners, it's time to try this new technique on JJJ

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Once he's done with Conners, it's time to try this new technique on JJJ

In a surprising twist, this causes JJJ to transform into a giant monster.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The MSJ posted:

In a surprising twist, this causes JJJ to transform into a giant monster.

No. It just makes him insecure about appearing in public, and he attacks Peter remotely via that spider slayer with his face on its stomach.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

The real question: will Spider-Man be prepared to take on Curt Connors once the lizard is gone?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Connors' could take him with one arm tied behind his back.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Spiderman, Spiderman
Does whatever a man can
Takes the bus, donates some blood
Talks to villains, then gets beat up
Look out
Here comes... a man :geno:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

SilverSupernova posted:

The real question: will Spider-Man be prepared to take on Curt Connors once the lizard is gone?

he'll perch on connors' chest and give him a speech about how he isn't a strung out meth head scientist, he's a murderous man-lizard.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
jonah will flee in the remaining boat leaving beter to walk out of the swamp

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Pete reminds Jonah of who he really is while they're riding out of the swamp. Jonah dumps them all overboard and cruises along cackling with a cigar in his mouth.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he'll perch on connors' chest and give him a speech about how he isn't a strung out meth head scientist, he's a murderous man-lizard.

To be fair there are moments where it is possible to be both.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats it Spidey, bore em to death!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I'm Bruce's rapidly decaying Achilles' heel

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm the weekday colorist going 'That's where Spiderman's eyes go right?'

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Watch JJJ cock this up by shouting something along the lines of "Yeah Spidey, get that The Lizard!"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Spider-man's spiel and Reptillian Rage...

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

I thought they copy-pasted a panel, but no, they actually redrew it(and did an ultra-:effort: job of Spidey's head the second time).

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

jyrque posted:

Spiderman, Spiderman
Does whatever a man can
Takes the bus, donates some blood
Talks to villains, then gets beat up
Look out
Here comes... a man :geno:

It is to show us that as a regular human, Peter can do so much. He can be... a hero.

As Spider-Man, he can just get knocked out frequently. But on the other hand, he can get a cool raccoon son.

It is a true dilemma.

(I guess the moral of this story is that you should just take it when people beat you up, when they are related to you by... blood? )

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

evilmiera posted:

It is to show us that as a regular human, Peter can do so much. He can be... a hero.

As Spider-Man, he can just get knocked out frequently. But on the other hand, he can get a cool raccoon son.

It is a true dilemma.

(I guess the moral of this story is that you should just take it when people beat you up, when they are related to you by... blood? )

The real heroes are each and every one of us striving for a better world. Thanks, Commonman!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Spider-man-man, Spider-man-man, does whatever a Spider-man can

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

banner sure rolls around a lot in his sleep. he's gone from belly to back to side and to back again.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

go Dr Connor's ghost!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
This leaves me very unsatisfied with the supposed intents of The Lizard's plans.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
i just realized i've been subconsciously rooting for the Lizard this whole time. does this make me a bad person?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It makes you an NSM reader.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The last panel is the Lizard taking a selfie with a totally horrified Connors.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
So to recap, we could have skipped a month or two of this plot if Spidey had just tried this from the start. :downsbravo:

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
The colorist made it look like Connors developed a whole bunch of neck folds while he's been transformed

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

In some nutty way I guess he's winning.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
spider-man: crisis negotiator?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Synthbuttrange posted:

go Dr Connor's ghost!

This exchange reminds me of Spidey and Sauron

"You can rewrite DNA to turn people into dinosaurs? With technology like that you could cure cancer!"
"I don't WANT to cure cancer, I want to turn people into dinosaurs!"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I would love it if Connors wanders out from behind bushes and it turns out this is an entirely different The Lizard.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

The Lizard in the first panel is so goofy-looking.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Haifisch posted:

So to recap, we could have skipped a month or two of this plot if Spidey had just tried this from the start. :downsbravo:

Listen man, killing half of the gator and python population in the Everglades was vital to the plan

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Prediction: Spidey will turn Lizzie back into Connors, but then they'll realize that JJJ is being strangled by a giant snake. The only way to save him is by having either Banner or Connors transform back into a big strong monster! Afterwards, JJJ will need a blood transfusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Maxwell Adams posted:

Prediction: Spidey will turn Lizzie back into Connors, but then they'll realize that JJJ is being strangled by a giant snake. The only way to save him is by having either Banner or Connors transform back into a big strong monster! Afterwards, JJJ will need a blood transfusion.

And the only possible doner is the snake!