Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

RandomPauI posted:

The automation thread closed before I found and could post this, but it feels too good to sit on.

Pretty ironic that the first thing this reminds me of is MOLOCH!

E: Ironic for the image, but extremely appropriate for this thread.

Doctor Bishop fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Apr 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

oohhboy posted:

They didn't even get a chance to take the nuts off

Sounds like he got away lucky with only a broken leg.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
https://i.imgur.com/o5YPY9x.mp4

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope. :randno:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
There has to be a better way.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Had a visceral reaction to that alright

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

At least the hydraulics didn't explode?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Some days you dump the truck, other days the truck dumps you.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
https://gfycat.com/BogusCandidGrizzlybear

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

All I know is that to me he looks like he's having fun

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

So is riding on pallet jacks but it'll still get your rear end fired

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

New Meatspin website looking good.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

oohhboy posted:

If his counterpart on the other side means anything he was in the correct position to do what he was doing. Seems like a case of GOGOGO. They didn't even get a chance to take the nuts off let alone change it or to say there was an issue.
I'd be interested how common that position is with other teams then. Basic safety theory would say don't stand in front of the car. Extending this practically you could argue it's more like don't stand in front of the car unless you need to. Standing in the wing with a tire would seem like a poor reason to be in a line of fire but hey it's a race pit stop and the managers are going to chase those hundredths of a second

E. Gonna start the safety nerd league where you need to properly LOTO the car during pit stops.

zedprime fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Apr 9, 2018

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

boothisman.gif

:golfclap:

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

https://i.imgur.com/M7IILH0.mp4

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
a boss who fart on he own employee

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

zedprime posted:

I'd be interested how common that position is with other teams then. Basic safety theory would say don't stand in front of the car. Extending this practically you could argue it's more like don't stand in front of the car unless you need to. Standing in the wing with a tire would seem like a poor reason to be in a line of fire but hey it's a race pit stop and the managers are going to chase those hundredths of a second

E. Gonna start the safety nerd league where you need to properly LOTO the car during pit stops.

I don't think there's any way to avoid having lots of people in a dangerous position during a stop.

I am guessing it's the jackman's responsibility to spot when things don't go right and the choreographed timing doesn't work out?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

He might have ridden that out if he hadn't raised the bed and his CG along with it.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Phanatic posted:

He might have ridden that out if he hadn't raised the bed and his CG along with it.

Pretty sure gravity raised that bed.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

glynnenstein posted:

I don't think there's any way to avoid having lots of people in a dangerous position during a stop.

I am guessing it's the jackman's responsibility to spot when things don't go right and the choreographed timing doesn't work out?

I mean, the way to avoid it would be to just say "don't have lots of people in dangerous positions" with some sort of regulation

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Or just make everyone have to hit a button well out of the way of the car once their task is done, and the light doesn’t go green till they’re all pressed at the same time.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spime Wrangler posted:

Or just make everyone have to hit a button well out of the way of the car once their task is done, and the light doesn’t go green till they’re all pressed at the same time.

adds to pit time. will never happen

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Thankfully in the age of smartphones, showing them poo poo like this and reinforcing "just take the next exit, find a place to pull over and google maps your way from there" tends (generally) to solve the issue.

haha "pull over"

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

The animation ends too soon, maybe the truck landed back on its wheels and drove off?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Phanatic posted:

I doubt there was anyone in the cab- if you apply the "why were they filming?" logic the likely answer is that the situation had been deteriorating for a few minutes before someone got their phone out from a safe still not very safe distance.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Here it is with sound, the onlookers don't seem too excited which supports the "Driver already got out" theory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js03kXlYeh0

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eusgXEa22oE

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Memento posted:

Ferrari mechanic suffers broken leg

The tyre didn't "hit" the leg as much as "roll over it and then do a burnout on it". The mechanic was insanely out of position, he literally had his leg leaning against the grip face of the tyre.

https://i.imgur.com/WZ8vM9V.gifv

Putting up an :nms: tag, don't click unless you want to see his left shin go all floppy.

As someone who has enjoyed five knee surgeries, and will get to enjoy a corrective osteotomy in the next three months, and then yet another surgery to get a little bit of dead yank implanted into it next year, I feel confident in saying that his shin may be broken, but his knee is hosed

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

*casually drops flaming torch on dirt*

*shoves torch to actually be on the grass instead*

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

glynnenstein posted:

That's why I cut the compromise with you might as well be doing something if you're in the danger zone. If your job results in you waiting around in front of the car with a finger up your rear end in case of someone else being slow you might reconsider why you are waiting inside the lines at all (it's because your boss makes you because it's an inch closer compared with other positions you might fit in)

Blast of Confetti posted:

adds to pit time. will never happen
At a certain point they're just going to start switching cars because even with the gasup gone they can't keep their mechanics from violent keystone kop situations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

revolther
May 27, 2008
That rear car is definitely more of a human colored paint tray now. Hopefully it got pushed off frame to the right, but it's not looking good.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

I've only been watching F1 for like 3 years, but that's the first pit crew injury I remember seeing in that time. Usually an unsafe release just means the car goes out missing a tire or something.

Not like the golden days of motorsport when refueling was still a thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku7TdLeEGsQ

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

glynnenstein posted:

IndyCar manages with one guy per corner, plus a few extras:

I was thinking the other day, I like the IndyCar pit lane way more than the F1 pit lane, at least from when I used to watch it 10-20 years ago. It's nice and open but there are less people in the line of fire. It's more crowded in some ways due to there being one pit per car instead of one pit per team, but overall there are probably still less people "over the wall" in IndyCar than there are outside of the garages in F1?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's like out of a cartoon

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I'm surprised the bridge isn't more hosed up.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I'm surprised the bridge isn't more hosed up.
It's pretty ganked

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
For sure, but that hit made it look like the bridge would've been cleaved in twain.

In twain.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

And it seems to me, you lived your life........

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/fj9Ik3x.mp4