Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

eeenmachine posted:

We have a new game in beta that we could use some Android testing on! Any word game fans in here?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3853610

Downloading. Always happy to try a new numblebit joint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Tagichatn posted:

The game you linked is rogue hearts?

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Holy shiiiiiiitttttt another nimblebit game.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

From 15 minutes playing it's the most boring thing possible. A Diablo-like with only two classes and gatcha-type grinding.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

That Pako game posted here earlier isn't bad. I ramped off a cliff and died as all the cops did too. :v:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
It's fun but seems too hard to stay alive

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
It takes forever to earn money to buy the first upgraded cars but it is fun driving around.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Any gacha games that can be played without an internet connection? Need something to poke at during dead times at work but the wifi is hot garbage.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 6, 2018

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So I'm basically not expected to use these dungeon keys in Tap Wizard for like a month right? Every time I've tried it can barely get a third of the way in.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

RBA Starblade posted:

So I'm basically not expected to use these dungeon keys in Tap Wizard for like a month right? Every time I've tried it can barely get a third of the way in.
They will take a few runs to build power and get through. You also need to look at the effects for each wave and set up your spell pages appropriately. It'll automatically toggle through the spell pages for each wave. Some enemy groups are harder than others though.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
It seems like a lot of effort for what generally turns into "+50% burn duration" which is... fine?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Yeah I blew every rune and won for +15% frost damage for two hours, so that wasn't worth it.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
the dungeon rewards only take place during active time. So if you are idle and have the app closed, the timer on them doesn't lose anything.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
They can also be incredible for farming.

I ended up getting into a group of wizards that would clone themselves. I couldn't do enough damage to kill them fast enough, but they did no damage to me.

In the end I farmed up +4 Enchants just letting it idle.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
In Tap Wizard, how long are the Doom Realms? I'd like to get to my second meditation, but the second Realm seems to go on forever.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

Yeah I blew every rune and won for +15% frost damage for two hours, so that wasn't worth it.

They're much more useful for power farming. The enemy levels (which are unfortunately no longer visible in this new version) ramp up faster in dungeons, so you can throw on some +power +gold runes and get a faster return on your time spent killing monsters. The charm rewards are usually pretty unremarkable. Sometimes you'll get one for '+hp on kill' or 'cast random spell on kill' which are pretty neat and help you grind better for the next couple hours. But usually it's just tiny bonus damage or research speed or something, which, meh.

hooah posted:

In Tap Wizard, how long are the Doom Realms? I'd like to get to my second meditation, but the second Realm seems to go on forever.

In IMA they varied between 15 and 25 zones. I think it's still the same? Generally you want to look at where you picked up the key, grind forwards by around 20 zones, and then give the doom realm a shot. I tend to forget and try to jump in too early, which at least isn't much time wasted before you know if you're hitting a wall or not, or leave it too late and end up plowing through it without ever slowing down.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I use the Crumbling Keys whenever I get them because they're unique and you can only ever carry one at a time, but the regular ones are just hanging out in my pack until I feel like hammering out a bunch of grinding.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

hooah posted:

They're about 22~23 zones worth, so basically if you can beat the unlock zone + 23, you can beat the doom realm.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
This one's evidently 23 zones long and ends with a loving troll. I guess I'll wait a week cause even with a poo poo-ton of runes going and the -75% regen effect, I was doing no damage to that rear end in a top hat.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Attention Egg Inc people

So, a new contract has shown up with a duration of 30 minutes. Max Tomorrow (Sunday) at 18:00 UTC I will start it. Co-op name goon1 (or goon2 if full, etc., though I doubt it will happen).

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
The answer is probably negative, but there's no way to fix Dungeon Raid's broken animations, right? The game has been abandoned for years, and I've yet to find a game that scratches the same itch

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Really enjoying Rogue Hearts. I was a little turned off by the rubies ptw aspect but it doesn't affect much. You can basically open more special chests but that's basically it. Definitely recommend saving/buying rubies for the utility item that breaks poo poo for you. Big change in qol.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

So I'm playing a dumb tapper because I'm stupid like that and I see this ad that uses footage from some Pokemon anime to advertise what turns out to be clearly a knockoff game if you paid any attention to art style differences. Is this legal? It feels like it shouldn't be, but I have no idea how to go about raising red flags on this kind of thing. Even if that's not super actionable there was another ad at one point that clearly used Clash of Clans unit icons for something completely different I believe I still have a screenshot of.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
There's a game out there that straight up uses game footage from Diablo 3 and Path of Exile in the ads and it's still around so who knows, it's a lawless world out there

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
You can report apps for being a "copycat or impersonation" in the Play Store but I'm not sure what or if any action is taken.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

^^^ - I did that for the game with CoC unit graphics... the ad looked like it might have been pulled for a while, but I later saw it again so I have no idea if that had any effect or I just happened to not get served it.

AnonSpore posted:

There's a game out there that straight up uses game footage from Diablo 3 and Path of Exile in the ads and it's still around so who knows, it's a lawless world out there

Mm. I guess the free-to-play model saps the lawsuit incentive pretty hard in spite of this type of thing being a slam dunk anywhere else.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Apr 8, 2018

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

gmq posted:

I have been playing Cartoon Network Match Land and it's fun but progress is very slow. I have been playing it for a week or two and I still only have the starting characters because you can only unlock them by getting 10 figurines each and getting those figurines is very random with a couple of exceptions.

This is fun so far but man I keep fat fingering diagonal matches. :mad:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

mrkillboy posted:

You can report apps for being a "copycat or impersonation" in the Play Store but I'm not sure what or if any action is taken.

Funny you should say that because PUBG Corp is suing NetEase for this exact thing.

Article on Arstechnica.

the lawsuit posted:

"The use of cookware as a weapon or armor in a shooter game, the use of certain vehicles and landscapes and combinations thereof, the use of distinctive supply boxes, and the celebratory reference to chicken are elements of ornamental flair that are not functional but have acquired secondary meaning, as shown by their use by players in memes, parodies, skits and other contexts to refer to the Battlegrounds game and to its developer, i.e., PUBG."

Meme based litigation in TYOOL 2018.

:911:

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

Xtanstic posted:

This is fun so far but man I keep fat fingering diagonal matches. :mad:

You might prefer regular Match Land. It doesn't have diagonal moves.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

You might prefer regular Match Land. It doesn't have diagonal moves.

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a shot. I've been wanting a match game with progression ever since I quit PAD and started getting the itch again. There's only so many times I can play YMBAB.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Any suggestions for spell builds in Tap Wizard? I can't seem to put out any single target damage whatsoever. I can blow through a zone with shocks nets and poo poo, but I'll stall at the boss (usually trolls), seeming to not even move their health bar.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Any suggestions for spell builds in Tap Wizard? I can't seem to put out any single target damage whatsoever. I can blow through a zone with shocks nets and poo poo, but I'll stall at the boss (usually trolls), seeming to not even move their health bar.

I think this means you just have to recall and get a little bit more powerful until you can beat the thing. I actually haven't found any builds, I think because there's so many factors in what would be best to use at any given time. I usually pick the first spell that I really want to level up, then read the bonuses it gives and try to pick ones that benefit from those bonuses. If there are none, move onto spell 2 and do the same thing.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

explosivo posted:

I think this means you just have to recall and get a little bit more powerful until you can beat the thing. I actually haven't found any builds, I think because there's so many factors in what would be best to use at any given time. I usually pick the first spell that I really want to level up, then read the bonuses it gives and try to pick ones that benefit from those bonuses. If there are none, move onto spell 2 and do the same thing.

Yeah, I end up needing to just recall until I can brute force it, but I feel like I could be using better spells to optimize single target. Frankly, NO spells seem to be good for that.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
It seems to me that voltaic orb and inferno are above average for single target damage but yeah it's mostly a power game.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Android Gaming: gently caress Kings Raid, this is the incremental games thread.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Yeah, I end up needing to just recall until I can brute force it, but I feel like I could be using better spells to optimize single target. Frankly, NO spells seem to be good for that.
I found the Lightning Elemental is pretty good for burst but you can't predict when it'll actually be up. All then spells have basically the same DPS but the elementals have periods of doing zero damage so when they appear they do above average.

The other thing is to drop an armour pot or two on the bosses that have massive blue bars.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
If a build that includes single meteor doesn't put out enough damage for a boss then I just grind a bit more and come back. Honestly it seems to me that your spell build isn't as important as you'd think, most of the skills are balanced pretty well. I just randomly swap spells in and out as I want to level them and it doesn't change all that much. I just make sure I have some general mix of AoE and single target. Plus, keep in mind that most "single target" is still AoE, just a little less than other skills.

Trolls are real jerks though because they have an insane amount of HP regen.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I have found some nice synergies in there. Inferno will trigger any frozen targets for an additional 200% damage, and static Cloud will do the same.

I'm slowly leveling static cloud up to see what else unlocks on it. I'll probably run inferno, Ice Elemental, Static Cloud as my prime and then who knows for the other two.

crack mayor
Dec 22, 2008
Any tips for Reigns: Her Majesty? Most of my games seem like I'm trying not to die, rather than achieving any goals. I started playing with responses a bit more, but is there anything else I should be trying or paying attention to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I'm currently relying on voltaic sword, chain lightning, and bouncing flame (flame sets poo poo on fire, sword procs it), rounding it out with static leap and shock net for defense and big aoe burst.