Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

LINK ME JERRY

Searching for "moomin paper towels" does nothing. I must have them.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

friendly 2 da void posted:

LINK ME JERRY

Seems to be a limited-time domestic product; sorry.

mystes
May 31, 2006

friendly 2 da void posted:

LINK ME JERRY

Probably not very useful, but it looks like there's info in Finnish here: https://www.moomin.com/fi/blog/lotus-emilia-design-fun-muumi/

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oh yeah and I just noticed the one I posted (obviously not my own kitchen) was 2016's pattern and the current one is actually kind of lame anyway :( (I didn't really notice it even had Moomins on it until I got home.)

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Aramek posted:

A hundred pack of Feathers, and a box of cheap extendo lanyards. I seem to burn through lanyards at work pretty fast.

I have to keep my ID visible and occasionally crawl around inside of vehicles and mechanical rooms. I broke two of the string lanyards before I got tired of it. I got one of these to replace the second one. I've since gone through a couple ID holders, but the lanyard keeps on trucking. Looks nice enough for business casual too.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Rolo posted:

1987 sucka. I like the gold and rose gold, but this new one is sort of in the middle and I just didn’t like the way it looked with any cover.

When I upgrade to a pro (turns out I really like the pencil) I’m going gold with a midnight blue cover. Mmm.

Okay, one of us, yadda yadda. I was a stalwart gold iPhone guy until the X, now it’s white and lame. Gold and blue cover was amazing before the dress meme.

As for purchasing: had a freaking fantastic day at Disneyland with Mango Jr. today. Have passes but Purchased food so it counts, right?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Swap meet stuff

A humidor, to store my coins, because it was cheap.

And a book that a few people like

Won't watch the movie before I read it.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Two of these boys because the drive in my NAS failed and I have learned the importance of redundancy:

This case to make me feel better because my laptop dying and my NAS failing within 100 hours of each other sucks and I deserve to feel a little better even if I can't replace my laptop right now:

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

ChocNitty posted:

And a book that a few people like

Won't watch the movie before I read it.

From what I've heard, the movie improves on the book in every conceivable way.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
That movie was proof that Steven Spielberg can polish a turd. That book is worse than junior high fanfic.

https://twitter.com/etdragonpunch/status/939927831869407232?s=21

Bottom Liner has a new favorite as of 06:12 on Apr 9, 2018

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
New Vaping gun part

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

Bottom Liner posted:

That movie was proof that Steven Spielberg can polish a turd. That book is worse than junior high fanfic.

poo poo, I added the book to my wishlist years ago and just recwntly bought it because of movie pricedrops. Might have been a mistake.

E: Good news, amazon has refunded my order and I get to keep the book.

SEKCobra has a new favorite as of 07:41 on Apr 9, 2018

crowtribe
Apr 2, 2013

I'm noice, therefore I am.
Grimey Drawer
Finally upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy 5S to a Google Pixel 2XL.

I was paying $50 for a SIM only plan with 12gb of data and I'm now paying $60 for a 15gb plan and the phone with an optional upgrade in 12 months for a newer phone for $129 and on a provider with a better network.

Came with a free Google Home Mini which has been great but the novelty has started to wear off.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

SEKCobra posted:

poo poo, I added the book to my wishlist years ago and just recwntly bought it because of movie pricedrops. Might have been a mistake.

The audio book is read by Wil Wheaton. It can be charming at times.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SEKCobra posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3851602&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Preview as much as you'd like. It gets worse.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Bottom Liner posted:

ew.

He’s just shoveling old content into a furnace as fast as he can.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rolo posted:

ew.

He’s just shoveling old content into a furnace as fast as he can.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
“You could say I covered all the bases.”

He’s obviously 35 but he writes like he’s 13.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rolo posted:

I described Cline's writing as "an autistic person describing his favorite video games." Other people have said similar things. It's just lists of things and events devoid of any emotion. At one point Wade is crying, and the only reason you know is because his internal monologue says he's crying. None of his dialogue actually comes off as sad, and he never describes his feelings in a way that would suggest he's crying without him telling you. Almost all of the action scenes except the final battle are incredibly short because Cline has no clue how to write action, so a gunfight against 50 NPC enemies is covered in two paragraphs and forgotten about. The characters and their depictions also fall full bore into homophobia, transphobia, and racism.

His knowledge of the Internet also ended around 2003, so characters still use slang like "Suxorzs" or "L33t". The most recent game he mentions is from 1992.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Someone do the math on how long it would take to consume all that media. It’s approaching Groundhog Day levels of time. “My grades suffered”

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

from the way people are reacting, that's real? I assumed it was satire lmao

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Rolo posted:

"You could say I covered all the bases - which, of course, are belong to us"

Missed opportunity imo

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jeza posted:

from the way people are reacting, that's real? I assumed it was satire lmao

This is absolutely real. So are these:

TheManWithNoName posted:

Someone do the math on how long it would take to consume all that media. It’s approaching Groundhog Day levels of time. “My grades suffered”

My friend is actually working on that. She counted 113 references to something that Wade definitely says he watched, played, read, or listened to. She took the most charitable interpretation possible (if he says "over a dozen", she put down 13 watches, and she didn't include anything that was just a minor reference that he could have gotten from Wikipedia or pop culture osmosis).

He says it was 12 hours a day, 7 days a week and he's been a gunter for 5 years. That gives 22,000 hours that he would have had for research.

She's not even up to the 40th item on the list and is already at around 13,000 hours.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Why are you wasting so much time cutting up and analyzing a lovely dumb book

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Have you ever hate-watched a movie? It's like that.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

chitoryu12 posted:

This is absolutely real. So are these:

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
Because it's entertaining.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

This is insane.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Why are you wasting so much time cutting up and analyzing a lovely dumb book

It’s fun.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

Have you ever hate-watched a movie? It's like that.

Hate watching a movie only wastes two hours of ones life, obsessing over a loser makes you kind of a loser to.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

bongwizzard posted:

Hate watching a movie only wastes two hours of ones life, obsessing over a loser makes you kind of a loser to.

OK.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

bongwizzard posted:

What about laughing at bad posters?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Tell me that Wade watts wouldn't fit in just fine with ADTRW or TVIV

he's a goon. That's why everyone hates him.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Boy am I glad that I'm just one of these idiot rubes who just read the book in an afternoon instead, and vaguely enjoyed the warm bath of nostalgia that washed over me - an act, by the way, that certainly justified the $8 I paid for it on Amazon
- instead of literally obsessing about every minute detail of it, letting it get stuck in my craw for years, now, and refusing to move on to anything else that I enjoyed, having to show everyone how clever and bright I am by pulling quotes of less than stellar writing any time it came up.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Boy am I glad that I'm just one of these idiot rubes who just read the book in an afternoon instead, and vaguely enjoyed the warm bath of nostalgia that washed over me - an act, by the way, that certainly justified the $8 I paid for it on Amazon
- instead of literally obsessing about every minute detail of it, letting it get stuck in my craw for years, now, and refusing to move on to anything else that I enjoyed, having to show everyone how clever and bright I am by pulling quotes of less than stellar writing any time it came up.

I think admitting that you enjoyed the book where the author inserts his personal thoughts on masturbation for no reason says more about you than you're saying about us.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I enjoyed it and didn't get hung up on the heavy handed pop culture references. It wasn't amazing but a solid C+ or B- book.

Will see the movie.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I love RPO the book because it makes people so mad.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

bongwizzard posted:

You’re exaggerating. 10 people making 2 short posts about it isn’t one person making 20 posts about it.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Bottom Liner posted:

What about laughing at bad posters?

I mean, most every “let’s hate on.....” thread ends up being more pathetic then the original target of mockery, but feel free to spend your time obsessing over a thing you don’t even like if it makes you feel better about yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

bongwizzard posted:

I mean, most every “let’s hate on.....” thread ends up being more pathetic then the original target of mockery, but feel free to spend your time obsessing over a thing you don’t even like if it makes you feel better about yourself.

Apparently reading a tweeted excerpt from a book in 10 seconds and laughing about how bad something is is obsessing. :gary: