Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
As I play Slime Rancher I'm starting to think this isn't as casual and chill a game as Thorn might be portraying it, especially after you unlock the refinery. I spend 90% of my game time running around in a mild panic making sure all my idiot innmates are happy and fed, scoopin the poop, gettin poop rich, and totally ignoring the Exchange. I think my favorite slime combo is sabre/crystal ye gods those guys make some spendy poops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
I kept my quantum slimes in the grotto. I figure even if they escaped they'd still be stuck in the cave where they have limited room to cause trouble and potential tarr outbreaks. as for the phase lemon, I never found a ripe one on a tree when I had a fruit, so I had to collect mine from a box in the ruins.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

ANGER HAS NEVER BEEN MORE MANLY THAN THIS
Monomi Park is preparing another update for us, having to do with Silos. Triple the storage space, and being able to hold echoes and ornaments.

Man, getting that 'stuff a silo full' achievement is going to be quite a bit harder in the future, huh?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Dreadwroth posted:

As I play Slime Rancher I'm starting to think this isn't as casual and chill a game as Thorn might be portraying it, especially after you unlock the refinery. I spend 90% of my game time running around in a mild panic making sure all my idiot innmates are happy and fed, scoopin the poop, gettin poop rich, and totally ignoring the Exchange. I think my favorite slime combo is sabre/crystal ye gods those guys make some spendy poops.
Yeah just earlier I was running around trying to do general upkeep on the ranch while being down a vac slot cuz I was carrying some slimes I was undecided on how to handle.
Started off the upkeep by harvesting some plants.
Said plants had grown back before I was 2/3 of the way done.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

ousire posted:

I kept my quantum slimes in the grotto. I figure even if they escaped they'd still be stuck in the cave where they have limited room to cause trouble and potential tarr outbreaks. as for the phase lemon, I never found a ripe one on a tree when I had a fruit, so I had to collect mine from a box in the ruins.

One way I saw was to just turn the entire Grotto into a Phosphor/Quantum Largo fun house, let them eat fruit straight off the trees and run wild with the Phosphor light sensitivity preventing them from doing anything else. You can even put a few veggie farms down since neither phosphors nor quantum slimes eat anything but fruit.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Fish Noise posted:

Yeah just earlier I was running around trying to do general upkeep on the ranch while being down a vac slot cuz I was carrying some slimes I was undecided on how to handle.
Started off the upkeep by harvesting some plants.
Said plants had grown back before I was 2/3 of the way done.

I think someone mentioned that the game only really actively manages your captured slimes when you are actually in the Ranch area, maybe the food consumption drops to a standby mode when you are not there?

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Stardew Valley

Nothing says Stardew Valley like an update with dancing, acid dreams, and alcoholic tragedy.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

And now the game has truly taken off. You've gotten a fair few bundles done and are working on others, then the seasons change. If you don't get Spring done now, then you have to wait a whole year to finish it off.

Glad to see you planted the Ancient seeds. Now all you need is seed extraction technology to get an infinite supply of them.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Did you know you can put chests/drum blocks/etc anywhere you want? As in, they don't have to be on the farm?

In most cases it's kind of useless(especially since if something's built in the path of a villager, they'll destroy it forever. Including whatever's inside a chest.), but it's handy for the mines because you can safely keep a chest on the entry floor and use it to go back and store stuff whenever you hit an elevator floor.

It hurts seeing you throw out so much stuff because your backpack's full. :saddowns:

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.

Haifisch posted:

Did you know you can put chests/drum blocks/etc anywhere you want? As in, they don't have to be on the farm?

In most cases it's kind of useless(especially since if something's built in the path of a villager, they'll destroy it forever. Including whatever's inside a chest.), but it's handy for the mines because you can safely keep a chest on the entry floor and use it to go back and store stuff whenever you hit an elevator floor.

It hurts seeing you throw out so much stuff because your backpack's full. :saddowns:

This is very much a useful thing, dropping a chest or two in the mines is drat near a requirement for actually taking out a decent amount of things in a single trip. Granted, I bee-lined for getting the bags first thing, so I had three lines of storage, but having the ability to have a decent stock of food you could go back to every 5 levels was very useful.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Alternative answer for Emily's 'Why are you here?'

'I ate some magic cake made purely out of leftovers.'

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
8357 can just enter dreams. For her people, it's a totally natural ability, like breathing.

Wait, you mean humans can't do that? WHOOPSY.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
What are you spring-locked for, bundle-wise? Forage, crops... any fish?

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Glazius posted:

What are you spring-locked for, bundle-wise? Forage, crops... any fish?

Just the forage and crops. Every Spring fish in the bundles can be caught in other seasons, and nothing else seems to be Spring-specific, at least that can't easily be filled by something else.

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 3, 2018

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Shei-kun posted:

8357 can just enter dreams. For her people, it's a totally natural ability, like breathing.

Wait, you mean humans can't do that? WHOOPSY.
Wasn't Psychonauts about a guy who could do that?

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Yeah, but he needed to stick a tiny door on people's heads.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Shei-kun posted:

Yeah, but he needed to stick a tiny door on people's heads.

Amateur.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:

Well, he was only, like, 12.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Will any of the chickens be named Henhen?

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I vote for Cardinal Bok.

Lulti
Nov 28, 2016
I believe I called dibs on naming of the eventual ducks after me.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh good god yes, they just made the storage useful with the new update.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.

White Coke posted:

Will any of the chickens be named Henhen?

Please, this must happen. Briar Hen would be acceptable.
Too bad there isn't an incinerator you can throw old chickens into in Stardew Valley.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Zebrin posted:

Briar Hen

Friar Cluck :v:

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Leal posted:

Friar Cluck :v:

I like this one.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Slime Rancher

This week, we choose a door.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

Welp, good luck scrounging the desert for that one plant you need for the Slimepedia, Thorn!

It took me two in game days to find mine.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Thadius posted:

Welp, good luck scrounging the desert for that one plant you need for the Slimepedia, Thorn!

It took me two in game days to find mine.

I found it by accident on my first visit to the desert.
Its really not that rare.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

If you know all of the 74 locations it can appear in, no, not that rare!

The guide I was using at the start of the hunt was flawed. Which is why it took multiple days.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

The desert is good, reminds me of several trips I went on as a kid in Arizona. Kinda made me nostalgic even, which is a little amazing since that wasn't a favorite part of my life in general.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The instrument you're thinking of is a glass armonica. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQemvyyJ--g

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

given how it works ingame it is explicitly rare

only one a day spawns and only in one of 70+ spots across the entire zone

on an unrelated note i dunno if i'd say beatrix is meant to be the exact opposite of hobson. in regards to how the game plays out we don't actually know what she'll ultimately 'choose' and it leaves it kind of open-ended. hobson and beatrix start out in the same position, what with being on the ranch, so it's neat that things are left up to however the player wants to interpret it.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Johnny Joestar posted:

on an unrelated note i dunno if i'd say beatrix is meant to be the exact opposite of hobson. in regards to how the game plays out we don't actually know what she'll ultimately 'choose' and it leaves it kind of open-ended. hobson and beatrix start out in the same position, what with being on the ranch, so it's neat that things are left up to however the player wants to interpret it.
Thorn is saying that Hobson chose love over adventure in that last journal. He abandoned the idea of going through the portal and instead moved in with Thora. Beatrix has already done the opposite, in coming to the Far, Far Range to ranch slimes; she chose adventure over love. Would she do it again if the chance came up? Who knows. So I suppose it's "up in the air" in that sense, but she has already made the choice in the past, so there is validity to Thorn's argument.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Stardew Valley

The Summer heat is upon us, but luckily I can cool down in the snowy mines. And in all of the loving STORMS.

Last Transmission
Aug 10, 2011

I haven't seen you do it in the videos yet, but you can touch the mature weed trees (cause they sure are as prolific as weeds) and occasionaly get an extra seed or cone out of it.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I think I actually have gotten a fiddlehead fern on the forest farm. It's a pretty uncommon spawn, though, I might have found one or two the whole season vs. the handful in the Secret Woods I got later in the summer. Morels definitely spawn on the forest farm and they're normally only Secret Woods forage too.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Yeah, the forest farm occasionally gives you forage you can normally find in the secret woods.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I think I actually have gotten a fiddlehead fern on the forest farm. It's a pretty uncommon spawn, though, I might have found one or two the whole season vs. the handful in the Secret Woods I got later in the summer. Morels definitely spawn on the forest farm and they're normally only Secret Woods forage too.

All I know is it's the only thing I never found playing two in-game years with a forest farm. Perhaps it was made possible with a later patch?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's not only required but ethical to install a mod that removes harvey's awful mustache

also forest farm is absolutely best farm in terms of utility and aesthetics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015
So earthquakes happen whenever Lewis drops his weighted training shorts?