Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

roboshit posted:

makes me mad drinkin makes u fat

Just don't eat anymore get all your calories from booze. Drink wheat beer it has a bunch of vitamins and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
plus u get that orange slice

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I stopped drinking alcohol at the suggestion of my dr and I have also been losing weight

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

ive been drinking more lately and my arrhythmia came back :thumbsup:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

spankmeister posted:

Just don't eat anymore get all your calories from booze. Drink wheat beer it has a bunch of vitamins and stuff.

i know a gal like that

:smith:

i mean shes balancing it out more, but being around a heavy drinker got rough when the nights got long

Chris Knight posted:

plus u get that orange slice

okay now its a meal nm

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

spankmeister posted:

I try but after my 8th SoyBoy triple IPA Taco Bell sounds really good

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

drinking malt liquor to the tune of blue velvet

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

prefect posted:

i believe guinness is actually different between bottle/can/tap. or there's a gas canister in the cans to make you think they're cool :shrug:

you hit on the only example where it is wildly, wildly loving different

• tap guinness is "guinness draught"

it's made in canada, with a certain amount of "magic liquor" from st james. it's low-alcohol and tapped with nitrogen.

it sucks.

• can guinness is something like "guinness draught"

it's made in either the EU, the UK, or Canada, depending on luck. it's low alcohol, and it's more or less standard guinness, and it's pressurized with a co2/n2 mix that has a little rattly thing on the bottom to catalyze bubbles.

needless to say, it sucks

• bottle guinness is an actual loving beer

bottle guinness is "guinness extra stout." it's a proper stout beer that has proper carbonation, from actual co2. it tastes like beer and is actually a good product. this is the only decent guinness-branded product in america

tl;dr: buy guinness extra stout export blah blah blah. it tastes like beer.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Some Guinness has the widget to emulate the holes of a tapped keg

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The widget contains some nitrogen to simulate a nitro tap. It's a neat idea and sort of works.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

guinness sucks in any format there's about a billion other better stouts out there, deal with it

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

SO DEMANDING posted:

guinness sucks in any format there's about a billion other better stouts out there, deal with it

anybody who likes guinness should definitely try other stouts as well, because they're excellent

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

guiness is a great choice for when you want a nice light beer but also want a stout

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I like old rasputin

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Captain Foo posted:

guiness is a great choice for when you want a nice light beer but also want a stout

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
not sure if this is how it works in the US, but in Europe there is *three* bottled guinness varieties:

Guinness Foreign Extra:
https://www.guinness.com/en-gb/beers-around-the-world/guinness-foreign-extra-stout/

Special Export:
https://www.guinness.com/en/our-beers/guinness-special-export/

And regular Guinness which I guess is labeled draft I guess? The Foreign Extra is what Guinness was like a hundred years ago. The colonies never changed the recipe while the baby palettes in Europe ended up converging on the creamy bland bullshit that is draft. Foreign extra is all chocolate and coffee, and the head is less creamy, more dark and bubbly. It's a really nice, respectable stout. Special Export is somewhere between that and Draft. It's as strong if not stronger than foreign extra but with less of the chocolate/coffee notes. Draft is meh, similar to what is on tap, much less strong in flavor and much more like an ale due to the nitrogen.

If you've not had Foreign Extra, seek it out, it's one of my favorite stouts and it is loving amazing in a chilli (though overpowering in a stew). You can usually get it in places with a big Caribbean community.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I've seen these in the us I dunno if the foreign extra is the same as extra stout but I think it may be given the url

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Blue Train posted:

I like old rasputin

that's a tasty beer that will also kick ur rear end

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

while i like guinness fine i sure wouldn't bother buying it bottled, it is one of those tap mainstays, and i can do without it when that isn't available

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Blue Train posted:

I like old rasputin

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
founder's breakfast stout it also good

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

while i like guinness fine i sure wouldn't bother buying it bottled, it is one of those tap mainstays, and i can do without it when that isn't available

the bottled version is a completely different beer from the tap/can version

it's a much better beer all around

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

StarkingBarfish posted:

not sure if this is how it works in the US, but in Europe there is *three* bottled guinness varieties:

Guinness Foreign Extra:
https://www.guinness.com/en-gb/beers-around-the-world/guinness-foreign-extra-stout/

Special Export:
https://www.guinness.com/en/our-beers/guinness-special-export/

And regular Guinness which I guess is labeled draft I guess? The Foreign Extra is what Guinness was like a hundred years ago. The colonies never changed the recipe while the baby palettes in Europe ended up converging on the creamy bland bullshit that is draft. Foreign extra is all chocolate and coffee, and the head is less creamy, more dark and bubbly. It's a really nice, respectable stout. Special Export is somewhere between that and Draft. It's as strong if not stronger than foreign extra but with less of the chocolate/coffee notes. Draft is meh, similar to what is on tap, much less strong in flavor and much more like an ale due to the nitrogen.

If you've not had Foreign Extra, seek it out, it's one of my favorite stouts and it is loving amazing in a chilli (though overpowering in a stew). You can usually get it in places with a big Caribbean community.

bottle guinness in the u.s. market is the "foreign extra" product for continental europe

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
In my opinion there is no stout finer than Founder's Imperial stout.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

last week my buddy gave me one of the two bottles of kbs managed to grab

just gave it to me

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

guinness used to sell this black ale i think that had a blue label and its the only good guinness product to ever exist

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cat Face Joe posted:

guinness used to sell this black ale i think that had a blue label and its the only good guinness product to ever exist

i loved the book of world records when i was a kid. would spend hours going through it

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Cat Face Joe posted:

i have a guinness blonde ale hat lmfao

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

prefect posted:

i loved the book of world records when i was a kid. would spend hours going through it

Captain Foo posted:

i have a guinness blonde ale hat lmfao

that stuff was trash

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Cat Face Joe posted:

last week my buddy gave me one of the two bottles of kbs managed to grab

just gave it to me

a goode catte

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Cat Face Joe posted:

that stuff was trash

hat was free

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
i've been drinking a lot of founders' azacca ipa lately; good poo poo

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Founders makes good stuff all around, but their Breakfast Stout is definitely my favorite. Also got some KBS recently and that stuff is great.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
firestone walker makes some good stouts, especially Merlin and the variants.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

having a pedro ximenez sherry and its like a bunch of raisins are having a party in my mouth

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

had a going away happy hour and drank several nice locals while enjoying warm weather and being out of work early

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

im not leaving the company though so ill keep drinking these good local brews

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
I bought a bottle of Aberlour A'bunadh and I'm really digging it. One of the only single malt scotch I've ever had where I felt that I HAD to cut it with water a bit, or at least some melted ice in my case.

Really intense and the sweetness of the sherry barrels is pronounced. Definitely worth the price.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i should probably post here as i drink like a fish. mostly beer (150 lashes), garbage cider (been drinking this poo poo called "newtons" or something, it comes in 6-packs held together with this plastic bottle holder thing, like how cans used to be sold) and vodka+tonic (i buy stolichnaya because idk).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
stoli is a vodka for not giving a gently caress but still having self-respect, good on you