Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Endorph posted:

couldn't you just go into the game files and replace every skin's files with the files for their base skin

i mean you don't get banned for skin mods that turn gangplank into k. rool or whatever so that should be fine

doesnt seem like an easy process from a cursory google

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Yeah, you'd run into problems trying to replace the more complicated skins, most skin mods are simplistic because they replace the primary skin and it's particles. Whereas a lot of the more expensive skins have additional effects/particles that you wouldn't have anything from the base skin to replace with.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

kingcobweb posted:

I think it was the adventure time moba that for every hero had a skin that was the same but gender-swapped. League should do that.

They'd make so much loving money

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

What about ezreal, the cutest girl in league of legends.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

kingcobweb posted:

I think it was the adventure time moba that for every hero had a skin that was the same but gender-swapped. League should do that.

the adventure time moba

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Make everyone a yordle.

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi

strong bird posted:

the adventure time moba

Yeah you can’t just casually drop this and run. Please explain.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Please don't.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
League has released 19 non sexy female champs in a row btw. Kai'say isn't even sexy she's just wearing a speed skating outfit for some reason. Before that it's nothing but cripples, giant noses, and muscle ladies going back like 3 years now.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Sorry five years. The last sexy champ was Jinx.

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

or a fucking nazi

Matt Lindland posted:

Sorry five years. The last sexy champ was Jinx.

No pro-Ana trolling.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

Most HoN champs had a sexy female version, too. I think the main issue's a combination of model rigging (and, subsequently, silhouette), voiceover work, and, perhaps most importantly, character identity. They've shown some leeway in making the occasional "goofy" skin like Pizza Delivery Sivir or Moo Cow Alistar, but you run the risk of a champion's aesthetic identity getting wiped away if a certain version of them ends up becoming too popular. I mean, at this point, I actually do a double take in competitive LoL if someone's playing Kog'Maw without the Pug'Maw skin because of how melded the two are in my mind.

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

or a fucking nazi

Vermain posted:

Most HoN champs had a sexy female version, too. I think the main issue's a combination of model rigging (and, subsequently, silhouette), voiceover work, and, perhaps most importantly, character identity. They've shown some leeway in making the occasional "goofy" skin like Pizza Delivery Sivir or Moo Cow Alistar, but you run the risk of a champion's aesthetic identity getting wiped away if a certain version of them ends up becoming too popular. I mean, at this point, I actually do a double take in competitive LoL if someone's playing Kog'Maw without the Pug'Maw skin because of how melded the two are in my mind.

PERSONALLY I think skins shouldn’t be allowed in professional events. If the character’s original model doesn’t stand out on its own, then it should be visually updated and modernized into something distinctive. Skins are a big reason I stopped watching DOTA 2 after the first couple Internationals, and it’s why I don’t watch the League World Championships - even though I’m more familiar with the game now. It’s just too much work to figure out who is who.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Lion Dance Kog remains my favorite

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Nightgull posted:

https://www.cartoonnetwork.com/games/adventuretime/adventure-time-battle-party/profile/index.html

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Matt Lindland posted:

The last sexy champ was Rek'Sai.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Nightgull posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7WW3SSHb9s

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I'm pretty sure I heard about that moba from this thread a long time ago. I haven't watched more than a handful of episodes of the show but the moba was really fun and played surprisingly well for a free browser-based real-time multiplayer game. It was basically twisted treeline. Some of the champs had league abilities almost exactly but combined in different ways, like there's one who basically had Shaco Q and Fiddlesticks R.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

But have any of you guys played the Chinese knock-off LoL clone with Shrek?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The Shortest Path posted:

But have any of you guys played the Chinese knock-off LoL clone with Shrek?

Why would I play that when I can play Tencent's Definitely Not League Of Legends on my mobile phone? It even has Batman and Wonder Woman!

And Wukong, because you can't make a MOBA without him showing up.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Mierenneuker posted:

Why would I play that when I can play Tencent's Definitely Not League Of Legends on my mobile phone? It even has Batman and Wonder Woman!

And Wukong, because you can't make a MOBA without him showing up.

I got to plat in the lol junior on my iPhone X, it’s good

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013
Adventure Time Battle Party was dope as gently caress.

Also yeah gender swap universe is A Thing in Adventure Time so everyone got their skins for that (except Finn because Fionna is a separate character).

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Gender swap skins isnt what you want if you want less sexy lady skins

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

what does taking a character seriously even mean in this context lol like do u solemnly acknowledge that you are the souls of two gay archers in one body in the game that just released giant chicken and pizza delivery driver skins

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I want more sexy skins for everyone.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

The splash screen art is where all the worst titty pictures are, no skin in-game is actually bad or "sexual" imo.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Elephunk posted:

The splash screen art is where all the worst titty pictures are, no skin in-game is actually bad or "sexual" imo.

Pink Taric respectfully disagrees

strong bird
May 12, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9AbN5dySl4 but hes saying how many gay archers is this guy?

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Wangsbig posted:

what does taking a character seriously even mean in this context lol like do u solemnly acknowledge that you are the souls of two gay archers in one body in the game that just released giant chicken and pizza delivery driver skins

It's just projection of uncomfortable feelings with a dash of neuroticism

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

my favorite crap moba was Fates Forever, until the devs realized they had a decent ad hoc voip solution but had it stapled to an iOS game that no one played, discontinued the MOBA, and now we have Discord.

Boxman fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Apr 9, 2018

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Clash beta is up on NA! Who wants to put together a Good Team?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

Clash beta is up on NA! Who wants to put together a Good Team?

this weekend i will be at a concert. ive been waiting for clash for a while and now gonna miss it, lol

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

this weekend i will be at a concert. ive been waiting for clash for a while and now gonna miss it, lol

Same, rip :( hope they run another soon~

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Wangsbig posted:

what does taking a character seriously even mean in this context lol

That their aesthetics mesh with their given personality and characterization to create a cohesive whole. I don't think this is a particularly weird concept; costuming and character design is an artform all on its own in Hollywood. It's something we unconsciously evaluate, and what makes a character more or less difficult to buy varies depending on the setting and context. Pizza Delivery Sivir is a goofy joke skin, but if that was her base model with no changes to the storyline or voiceovers, she suddenly appears as a weird anomaly that fails to fit in with the rest of the cast.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I too hate cool things op

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

busb posted:

I too hate cool things op

i can not believe you would just say you hate me. you know i read this thread.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Yep. I'll be gone for a five day trip out in the mountains and will be nowhere near League. Shame.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

foutre posted:

Same, rip :( hope they run another soon~

same as in a concert? are you in atlanta

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Ya, not Atlanta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
its okay mikujin i will play this dumb game mode for you and tell you how bad it is when you get back