Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/04/09/idoneth-deepkin-the-first-wavegw-homepage-post-1/

Unit preview for the Idoneth, with no rules preview for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

New paints seem neat

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Yay! Clear dice! Those won't be difficult to read on a table that's not pure white.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Ionrach Skin is gonna be great for painting anything white at least.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Another set of paints for me to try and fail to paint white/off-white/very light grey with!

This poo poo looks rad for serious tho.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I am really excited for these fish mens.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I just want that god drat ship wreck

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Fishelf pricing:

http://natfka.blogspot.ca/2018/04/idoneth-deepkin-pre-orders-first-wave.html

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Seems normal for GW.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Eidolon seems very expensive for the size of the model.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, that's going to come out to $110 when the US prices are revealed. He small for that and means that the line is going to have two centerpiece priced units. Both with alternate builds.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah, that's going to come out to $110 when the US prices are revealed. He small for that and means that the line is going to have two centerpiece priced units. Both with alternate builds.

The Turtlebastard is going to be $160 I'd bet.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Yeah he's $110

I'm not a fan of all these super expensive character models. They look cool but yeesh.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
He does not look small. The guy himself is like three times of one the normal elves. And that is ignoring the Wave Cloak and everything else about him.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

TKIY posted:

The Turtlebastard is going to be $160 I'd bet.

Forgot about the turtle, so three centerpiece models with 2 builds apiece.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Honestly If I was gonna do a tabletop army with that many centerpiece models I'd just get together an Imperial Knight army for 40k

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Path to Glory Round 2 Report:

Doubles format, 6 objectives, 1 VP per objective held at the end of a team's turn. Partnered with a Cool Dude with Sylvaneth.

Game 1 (Loss): Against a team comprising High Elves (the guy I lost to last month) and another Seraphon army. Game was long and close near the end but some sure-thing attacks didn't do what they needed to do. Disagreement with Elves player about how many attacks could explode out of a Ripperdactyl beak - we're playing open so I was under the impression it's infinite? If we're not playing open then his Phoenix can't revive for free so this is a disagreement that has to be resolved next month. In retrospect I'm worried that conceding that point and sticking with Rule of One for my Rippers to avoid conflict may have cost us the game.

Game 2 (Win): Against Greenskins and Stormcast. The Stormcast fellow was one of my most feared opponents leading up to this but thanks to some decent teamwork and rolling on our part and a somewhat lacking partner on his this one was kind of a curbstomp. I castled up with my Slann granting my army rerollable saves versus shooting for turn one which let me weather the storm and destroy his deepstrikers. His Retributers were too slow to make it down the field without getting shot to death by my Bastiladon and my partner had the Greenskins on lock.

Another good day. Got a champion trait and a follower trait, no follower sadly, but it was fun.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Glad you had a good time.

Made any choices on your traits?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

MonsterEnvy posted:

Glad you had a good time.

Made any choices on your traits?

Rolled traits so it's random, but I got some decent ones. Slann gets to nominate a unit in the hero phase to lose it's move and gain +1 to its save (no brainer for bastiladon), Rippedactyls get +1 melee weapon attacks for each weapon once per battle which is especially nasty. Stuff like claws and beaks still count as weapons in AoS for the purposes of this bonus right?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Deified Data posted:

Rolled traits so it's random, but I got some decent ones. Slann gets to nominate a unit in the hero phase to lose it's move and gain +1 to its save (no brainer for bastiladon), Rippedactyls get +1 melee weapon attacks for each weapon once per battle which is especially nasty. Stuff like claws and beaks still count as weapons in AoS for the purposes of this bonus right?

Yes though some things have been stated as only applying to the rider.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
We're doing a skirmish campaign at my FLGS - I love it because my five year old and I play it at home. I was all set to use the Fungoid as my warband leader until I played a game and took a battleshock test at - 2 and realized he has four bravery. Dang

So I used my Weirdknob, he's cool and a sweet model, and then I realized if he rolls a double on his casting roll then one friendly unit within ten inches takes D3 mortal wounds. Just dang

Anyhoo I'm including some Savage orruks (shieldwolf minis) for some range and they're really sweet

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

He does not look small. The guy himself is like three times of one the normal elves. And that is ignoring the Wave Cloak and everything else about him.

he looks to be on par sizewise with the mortarch kit, which is already absurdly priced at 80 bucks. slapping an extra 30 bucks ontop of that price doesnt seem justified outside of horrible impulsive nerds will pay it

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Deified Data posted:

Path to Glory Round 2 Report:

Doubles format, 6 objectives, 1 VP per objective held at the end of a team's turn. Partnered with a Cool Dude with Sylvaneth.

Game 1 (Loss): Against a team comprising High Elves (the guy I lost to last month) and another Seraphon army. Game was long and close near the end but some sure-thing attacks didn't do what they needed to do. Disagreement with Elves player about how many attacks could explode out of a Ripperdactyl beak - we're playing open so I was under the impression it's infinite? If we're not playing open then his Phoenix can't revive for free so this is a disagreement that has to be resolved next month. In retrospect I'm worried that conceding that point and sticking with Rule of One for my Rippers to avoid conflict may have cost us the game.

Game 2 (Win): Against Greenskins and Stormcast. The Stormcast fellow was one of my most feared opponents leading up to this but thanks to some decent teamwork and rolling on our part and a somewhat lacking partner on his this one was kind of a curbstomp. I castled up with my Slann granting my army rerollable saves versus shooting for turn one which let me weather the storm and destroy his deepstrikers. His Retributers were too slow to make it down the field without getting shot to death by my Bastiladon and my partner had the Greenskins on lock.

Another good day. Got a champion trait and a follower trait, no follower sadly, but it was fun.

Yeah gently caress that, either play with all the matched play rules or none, he doesn't get to pick and choose which rules help him

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

he looks to be on par sizewise with the mortarch kit, which is already absurdly priced at 80 bucks. slapping an extra 30 bucks ontop of that price doesnt seem justified outside of horrible impulsive nerds will pay it

At least with the Mortarchs you can get them in a start collecting set for their entire price and a bunch of other guys too.

All the new stuff is always more expensive for some stupid reason. Like the basic units for Fish Elves 30 pounds.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Apr 10, 2018

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Yeah, GW tend not to raise prices on existing kits, they just make newer kits absurdly more expensive than previous ones, particularly characters and monsters.

Lupercalcalcal
Jan 28, 2016

Suck a dick, dumb shits

Zark the Damned posted:

Yeah, GW tend not to raise prices on existing kits, they just make newer kits absurdly more expensive than previous ones, particularly characters and monsters.

Yeah, and remember that prices in the UK have gone up harshly recently, as costs are going up for almost everyone due to Brexit. The price jump between existing and new kits is going to look more shocking if you're not taking into account how everything is rising in price in the UK.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Oddly these guys are $10 cheaper than the Witch Elves box for your generic 10-man battleline unit.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

TKIY posted:

Oddly these guys are $10 cheaper than the Witch Elves box for your generic 10-man battleline unit.

Yeah but Witch Elves were originally released as an elite unit during the dark days of Goldswords. GW was hardly likely to drop their price now they're a mainstay unit for a new army.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
They hit like a ton of bricks for battleline: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/04/10/who-are-the-namarti-apr-10gw-homepage-post-1/

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
That's a decent weapon on them, and depending on how many you get in a unit that's a pretty scary amount of attacks with Rend -1 for someone to face. Their bravery isn't so great, so if you can force Battleshock on them early they'll probably not be serving as arrow catchers for long.

I also appreciate the women sculpts in that promo shot. Looks like two or three to a box which is pretty okay for mixing and matching.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Zark the Damned posted:

Yeah but Witch Elves were originally released as an elite unit during the dark days of Goldswords. GW was hardly likely to drop their price now they're a mainstay unit for a new army.

They were troops in the army book they were released alongside. They had an alternate elite build, so you were effectively paying a $15 tax for the build option hardly anyone ever took.

I picked up a box of Khinerai and the models are more fragile than I thought from the pictures. I'm not even sure the models would last long just sitting on a display shelf, the tails look to thin to support the long term stress of supporting the bulk of the model. The models are great though and have a cool sense of motion when gathered together. I have some Khorne thralls lying around I might make victims of to add an extra point of contact and some stability.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Apr 10, 2018

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

:staredog:

Edit: Swim Elves are getting allocated so I guess make sure to preorder of you want them anytime soon

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 10, 2018

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Next preview: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/04/11/who-are-the-akhelians-apr-11gw-homepage-post-1/

Eel riders have an effective 3+ invul when they charge, and can be battleline.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They were troops in the army book they were released alongside. They had an alternate elite build, so you were effectively paying a $15 tax for the build option hardly anyone ever took.

That's what I mean, the Sisters of Slaughter (or whatever the alternate build was) were Elite troops, so you got to pay the Elite tax.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

TKIY posted:

Next preview: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/04/11/who-are-the-akhelians-apr-11gw-homepage-post-1/

Eel riders have an effective 3+ invul when they charge, and can be battleline.

And are unaffected by rend!

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Will there be a start collecting box with the new fish elves?

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Probably not till after all the early-adopters pay full price.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, I'd expect one for Christmas at the earliest. Either that or a big $170 deal box.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Zuul the Cat posted:

Will there be a start collecting box with the new fish elves?

There still isn't one for Thousand sons for 40k or Bonesplitters in AoS so its gonna be a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Turtle stats from the stream look nasty. 16 wounds, 3+ save, 12" move, provides cover to units within 12"

• Locked thread