Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

Shugojin posted:

Double posting but is this real urek or a data urek or what the gently caress is happening suddenly

Maybe Urek's sworn enemy was also himself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs

Shugojin posted:

Double posting but is this real urek or a data urek or what the gently caress is happening suddenly

What if he is Jahad's sworn enemy?

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Awww, Baam faced his true self and can now summon persona? :v:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I fell behind a long time ago and need some help catching up: Can anyone recall a rough chapter number for the entire arc on the helltrain where they find a dude who's been split into multiple component selves and various groups are trying to put him back together? The last thing I remember was a challenge/game/test involving moving through pipes.

Edit: I think I found it roughly. Hell yes just dozens of chapters to consume.

Edit2: God drat I forgot how loving brutal Khun was towards Rachel in the first test.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Apr 23, 2018

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-299/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=380

The fight with (Data) Zahard finally begins. :allears:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Who's the angry blue guy inside Baam?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Sindai posted:

Who's the angry blue guy inside Baam?

Some angry blue guy, we first met him inside the rice pot in the train

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs
Yeah, the angry blue guy waa never expained, but possibly could be some power-hungry version persona that everyone has buried deep inside. Possibly Jahad gave into his and turned into a bad guy. But for all we know it could be something FUG implanted or a literal demon, nothing would surprise me at this point.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Isn't Baam a dead child revived by putting a god inside him? So the blue guy might be that god?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Bernardo Orel posted:

Isn't Baam a dead child revived by putting a god inside him? So the blue guy might be that god?

Blue guy might be the dead child, 'grown up' and out for vengeance.

Useless Name
May 3, 2005

nimby posted:

Blue guy might be the dead child, 'grown up' and out for vengeance.

Red Thryssa mentioned something about administrator powers when first noticing the blue guy in Bam, and with FUG conducting research into separating beings like the Red Thryssa from a human, I would bet that blue guy is whatever FUG put into Bam back on the second floor.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i think the blue guy is just something inside every irregular since all of them bar Urek have done the revolution. Jahad in particular accepted the power his offered so he could be king which is when he changed

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
We don't have more to go off of, but I think the changing of Jahad is more subtle than friendship ended with tower crew, best friends with blue demon now.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-301/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=382

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

So instead of just copying other people Baam is making his own moves now. That's the spirit!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Cool horns bro

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
That was actually really neat.

And visually amazing. I also appreciate that Baam now has something hovering over each shoulder.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

TheDemon posted:

That was actually really neat.

And visually amazing. I also appreciate that Baam now has something hovering over each shoulder.

He's the katamari damacii of powers, it fits that he keeps collecting junk that sticks to him.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

nimby posted:

He's the katamari damacii of powers, it fits that he keeps collecting junk that sticks to him.

How many things does Baam have lodged inside himself now?

This is everything I know of right now.
:orb: which was there from the beginning
Blue Guy who says he was there from the beginning
The Thorn fragment he uses
Literally a Billion lost souls (Blue guy ate)
A chunk of a slain administrator which is hungry for revenge. (Blue guy refers to this as a red guy)
Another Thorn Fragment (Not active yet)
His own negative feelings about things (Now Chilling out with Blue Guy)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

that was a cool chapter

AtomikKrab posted:

A chunk of a slain administrator which is hungry for revenge. (Blue guy refers to this as a red guy)

He's got that lobster too. he's got a second thorn fragment already? i thought that was dependent on him getting the thing from the hidden floor? Isn't that laso the thing Urek wants to break or am i mistaken?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Twenty-Fifth Night Style made me unreasonably hyped for whatever's coming next. :allears:

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

AtomikKrab posted:

+ The "bowl" for the first thorn/fake thorn that he got just before the workshop battle

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is the blue demon an actual power though or just kind of the desire/lure of it that the Road of Revolution personifies so they can chat with it?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Hirethor posted:

+ The "bowl" for the first thorn/fake thorn that he got just before the workshop battle

I rolled the bowl into the thorn since it is literally just the container for that to interface with bam.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Pierson posted:

Is the blue demon an actual power though or just kind of the desire/lure of it that the Road of Revolution personifies so they can chat with it?

He has blue and red horns, which I assume represented those demons inside of him.

Dragonatrix posted:

Twenty-Fifth Night Style made me unreasonably hyped for whatever's coming next. :allears:

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Baam doing a cool thing is something I'm on board with. The blue mage schtick was old anyhow.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Dragonatrix posted:

Now I'm going to fight like me is a pretty great line. Exactly understated enough to fit Baam while still being a statement in itself.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

why is it a butterfly though

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Jose posted:

Why not?
This was a great spot to catch up on the chapters i was behind. these next chapters are going to be great.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Jose posted:

Caterpillar analogy? I would say Baam entered the tower as an insignificant bug, the train and floor of death was the cocoon stage, and now he's a beautiful shinsu butterfly

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

Jose posted:

For me the wings immediately evoked a discarding sabot, so maybe they're something of an "outer layer" peeling back and help with controlling or focusing the attack?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0giK-zqrAKI

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

Jose posted:

It's a new version of the Ha Jinsung Style: Extreme Floral Butterfly Piercing Technique.

These attack names are so much fun :allears:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I like that Baam's representation of himself seems to have been a chalk marking on a wall, counting the days

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Started this last night and I'm in the middle of season two now or maybe near the end. Casano(?) and the Teddy bear just met up and are tussling with Ran and Nobic. Bam needs to cut that pony tail off

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
He's just going through a phase.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

EmmyOk posted:

Started this last night and I'm in the middle of season two now or maybe near the end...

One of us, one of us.

Season 2 actually goes on forever but with a whole bunch of arcs.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'm on the ~Workshop Battle now, the plug game. It's super good and the early going reminded me of Hunter X Hunter except they have stayed in the hunter exam forever but it's insanely dope. I'm on chapter 152 so I'll be caught up way sooner than I'd like :(

I am tentatively beliveing in the dream that Rak, Mr. Khun, and Bam will be reunited forevaaaaaaaa after this arc. Also throw Rachel in the bin

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

EmmyOk posted:

I'm on the ~Workshop Battle now, the plug game. It's super good and the early going reminded me of Hunter X Hunter except they have stayed in the hunter exam forever but it's insanely dope. I'm on chapter 152 so I'll be caught up way sooner than I'd like :(

I am tentatively beliveing in the dream that Rak, Mr. Khun, and Bam will be reunited forevaaaaaaaa after this arc. Also throw Rachel in the bin

Team Rakhunbam is strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Hodgepodge posted:

Team Rak is strong.

There ya go. We all know who is carrying this team.