Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

al-azad posted:

What are the outfits? Japanese school uniforms?

Lmao yes, he's clueless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Isn't is the Iconic Tracksuit and stuff. Also there's an insane irony in how litigious PUBG is when their game owes so much to that manga/Film

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Just wait until this E3 when Nintendo rolls out Splat Royale

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

Just wait until this E3 when Nintendo rolls out Splat Royale

See that would actually be legit awesome though because it would be able to have an original take on the genre.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So on the vanishingly small off chance that RDR2 will come to PC day and date, is there anything I need to know about the first game?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
We call them Battle Quarter Pounders in America

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Mordja posted:

So on the vanishingly small off chance that RDR2 will come to PC day and date, is there anything I need to know about the first game?
Considering that 2 is going to be a prequel, no.

Though you really if you can get a PS3/360 for cheap its totally worth playing. RDR1 is a fantastic game and is Rockstar's best game by leaps and bounds.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Accordion Man posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. It should probably be called something else then.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Y'know the sad thing about this new CliffyB game is he probably knows its poo poo. He just needs to make a quick cash grab to make up for the complete failure of Lawbreakers.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Mordja posted:

the name's marston

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Accordion Man posted:

Though you really if you can get a PS3/360 for cheap its totally worth playing. RDR1 is a fantastic game and is Rockstar's best game by leaps and bounds.
I don't even own a television (:smug:) and besides which, controllers are like the spicy keychain in my hands.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

My PS4 is plugged into the HDMI port of my computer monitor, next level gaming realized.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Cliffy is not into anime characters though. He said the characters in Lawbreakers were designed to appeal to him; to inspire him a la Tarantino.

Cliffy wants to be an auteur. An auteur a la Tarantino.

Including the wierd foot fetish of Tarantino?

Accordion Man posted:

RDR is supposed to play and look really good on the PS3 emulator. Haven't tried it myself tho:

https://www.pcgamer.com/red-dead-redemption-shines-on-pc-after-ps3-emulator-rendering-upgrade/

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

rdr1: you and your wife and son go to live on the prairie. you used to be in a gang. the gang comes back or is coming back and john does some stuff with a snake oil salesman and a hillbilly. then he goes to mexico and i think there's some revolution plot and a general or something. anyway john kills the gang in the rockies which are very pretty. john also dies and you play as the son

there's a side mission where a man builds a plane and rolls it off a cliff and dies. john also meets the maybe devil

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

In Training posted:

Isn't is the Iconic Tracksuit and stuff. Also there's an insane irony in how litigious PUBG is when their game owes so much to that manga/Film

They owe everything to Hunger Games ripping off Battle Royale.

Only nerds know what BR even is. Sad but true. poo poo is more popular than art.

Seriously nobody gives a gently caress about BR but us.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Mordja posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. It should probably be called something else then.

Red Dead 0

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Red Lives!!!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Snooze Cruise posted:

Do any of the Battle Royale style games have the actual system of "you get a random weapon at the start and it can be kinda lovely like a pot lid" because that is one of the best bits.
none of the current crop, but the very good half life mod jaykin bacon source had a battle Royale mode that did that and added a bunch of awful joke weapons

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

oh i forgot about the flowers for the dead lady quest

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I have literally no idea what the anime/manga/whatever Battle Royale is. I know more about the Hunger Games just through cultural osmosis.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

oddium posted:

john also meets the maybe devil
It was Death, dude was too impartial about John's morality to be The Devil.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Internet Kraken posted:

I have literally no idea what the anime/manga/whatever Battle Royale is. I know more about the Hunger Games just through cultural osmosis.

Its the original form of anime, a novel.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Internet Kraken posted:

It's a pretty good movie, a pretty overlong book and a pretty gross manga.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Cliffy is not into anime characters though. He said the characters in Lawbreakers were designed to appeal to him; to inspire him a la Tarantino.

Cliffy wants to be an auteur. An auteur a la Tarantino.

My favorite aspect of being live in 2018 is that outside of Kojima and Yoko Taro, every single loving “auteur” in games has absolutely eaten poo poo, from the Romeros to Molyneux to Spector to CliffyB to Roberts to goddamn Lord British. They were all one hit wonders and without a solid team they were never able to reach those same heights. It’s honestly astounding.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Apparently Grand Theft Auto V has sold 90 million copies as of today. Between that and the ability buy in-game currency with real money, GTAV is the most profitable piece of entertainment ever released.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

oh i forgot about the flowers for the dead lady quest

And the zombies

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

its a Japanese novel that was adapted into a very good live action movie and a not great manga. the movies on netflix you should watch it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My favorite movie adaptation of a Japanese novel is Edge of Tomorrow

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

That's what I'm saying. 99.99 percent of the population is the same as you.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Accordion Man posted:

It was Death, dude was too impartial about John's morality to be The Devil.

it's been like 10 years i just remember he had a top hat and maybe was impervious to bullets

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

My favorite aspect of being live in 2018 is that outside of Kojima and Yoko Taro, every single loving “auteur” in games has absolutely eaten poo poo, from the Romeros to Molyneux to Spector to CliffyB to Roberts to goddamn Lord British. They were all one hit wonders and without a solid team they were never able to reach those same heights. It’s honestly astounding.

Games take like 50-200 people or more to make but people are dumb so we ascribe all the quality to one person.

Kojima is seriously garbage.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

cheetah7071 posted:

My favorite movie adaptation of a Japanese novel is Edge of Tomorrow

Ah yes, the subtitle of LIVE DIE REPEAT

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Taintrunner posted:

I wouldn't be so quick to count your chickens before they hatch when it comes to Kojima and Death Stranding.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Zaphod42 posted:

That's what I'm saying. 99.99 percent of the population is the same as you.

Please, its more like 95.99 percent of the population
Its 99.99 percent of the population that doesn't know about Series 7: the Contenders

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
If you got Netflix and haven't seen Battle Royale then take the 2 hours to sit down and watch it, it is dope as heck.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Apparently Grand Theft Auto V has sold 90 million copies as of today. Between that and the ability buy in-game currency with real money, GTAV is the most profitable piece of entertainment ever released.

Which means Rockstar is never making another single player game again, like Valve.

I'd been saying they should make gta online since gta 3. Course gta 5 online is in shambles, but makes lots of money anyways. Hope the next is better.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Sony wrote Kojima a blank check to make Death Stranding, so every time he runs out of the number he wrote in on the check last time he makes a new incomprehensible trailer to tell Sony he's still working on it and it's gonna be great he swears, so they'll give him a new check

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The thing with the Battle Royale book and movie is both are very political, and you don't get that sense from most of the stuff that spawn off it.

But yeah, the movie is legitimately one of my favorites and the book is pretty good too (despite the Bruce Springsteen references)

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

I said come in! posted:

This is what worries me about the new Read Dead Redemption

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

If you got Netflix and haven't seen Battle Royale then take the 2 hours to sit down and watch it, it is dope as heck.

Got excited after this post, but it's apparently not on Netflix UK. God drat.

• Locked thread