Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chopstix
Nov 20, 2002

AdmiralNeltharion posted:

The way I see is that American cops are ridiculously trigger-happy with their guns. In my home country (the stinkhole of Vietnam), people trying to brawl and threaten police officers and even motherfucking SWATs with knifes (all armed from head to toe) aren't that uncommon. I never see any officer have to draw their weapon, instead just subjugate the stupid poo poo with his fists and trusty baton

Never fight a war in Asia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
Sometimes they simply don't give a gently caress

https://i.imgur.com/Ec1zGGi.mp4

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I laughed

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
The settlement of the union complaint against Ray Tensing in Cincinnati was announced today. The arbitration board ruled that the University had violated the union contract in firing him and was obligated to reinstate him with back pay. The University settled by covering his back pay and paying his 6-figure legal fees in exchange for his resignation.

In talking with some of my old coworkers over there this was pretty much expected from day 1 if he wasn't convicted, as the University President at the time ordered the Director of Public Safety to fire him immediately, without any of the due process required through the union contract. Local news is in an uproar.

CommanderApaul fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 22, 2018

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Here's hoping Tensing has an accident while cleaning his gun

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
Let me just check in and see if this thread is still complete and utter poo poo, and welp yeah it is cya.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The Shep posted:

Let me just check in and see if this thread is still complete and utter poo poo, and welp yeah it is cya.

let me just check in and see if cops in the us are still complete and utter poo poo, and welp yeah they are cya

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

let me just check in and see if cops in the us are still complete and utter poo poo, and welp yeah they are cya

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

you're getting mad that the population of the country you're living in doesn't like getting murdered by cops lol

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

The Shep posted:

hey Shep my pension still rules

ok back to playing X-Com on my phone

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Smiling Jack posted:

hey Shep my pension still rules

ok back to playing X-Com on my phone

how does one play xcom on phone pray tell

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

Believe in ur dreams and anything is possible

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

X-com enemy within is on Android

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Smiling Jack posted:

X-com enemy within is on Android

Thanks my dude

Best thing to come out of this thread, full stop

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Yeah I just found it last week and it owns

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Fire Emblem Heroes 4 Life

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I like how Shep is the o.con seeping in. Tell me about the good guy Tensing, plz.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fQcjmt2Q_o

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Jesus christ could this guy sound any more terrified to be on a vehicle takedown

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

beanieson posted:

Jesus christ could this guy sound any more terrified to be on a vehicle takedown

It sounds like he's in full panic before he even makes the gun call. Oooof.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
It made no sense to me why that could happen until I heard "lieutenant".

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

GunForumMeme posted:

It made no sense to me why that could happen until I heard "lieutenant".

I just don't understand why he was out from behind his desk. :confused:

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Chichevache posted:

I just don't understand why he was out from behind his desk. :confused:

"Look at me, I'm leading from the front..."

"Look at me, I'm one of the guys..."

"This felony takedown experience will help me make captain..."

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

https://www.abqjournal.com/706353/d...tm_campaign=amp

“According to the lawsuit, Brachle should not have been involved in the undercover drug buy – $60 for meth – because he missed the required briefing beforehand. Brachle, the lawsuit contends, failed to follow APD protocol and training by rushing the car and opening the door on the driver’s side where undercover detectives always sit rather than slowly approaching the passenger’s side. He failed to distinguish the two undercover detectives, both of whom are white, from the suspects, both of whom are black.

He failed to recognize Grant, sitting in the back seat behind the driver, despite knowing Grant would be sitting there, despite having worked with Grant for two years, despite Grant not wearing a facial disguise, despite Grant wearing the same recognizable clothing he always wore on operations, despite it being broad daylight and clear weather. “

Shoulda stayed at the desk

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

why TF are they doing the takedown with the uncles still in the car?

Did someone give a distress signal?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

why TF are they doing the takedown with the uncles still in the car?

Did someone give a distress signal?

That’s what I was thinking. It would explain why the UC had his gun out

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

beanieson posted:

That’s what I was thinking. It would explain why the UC had his gun out

only thing that makes sense

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
“My fellow officers at my level are good, hardworking people who are good at heart and have good intentions,” he said.

"gently caress the brass".

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Question is will he get paid?

GunForumMeme fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 9, 2018

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

GunForumMeme posted:

Question is will he get paid?

$6.5 million settlement.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

mlmp08 posted:

$6.5 million settlement.

Plus medical expenses, if I remember correctly.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Someone remake this sketch except with cops doing bad shoots, choking people out, and forgetting to feed prisoners:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWEnqC1uPu0

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

beanieson posted:

This happened at the McDonalds half a block away from me. APD doesn't have the best reputation locally because of things like that and their upside down use of force pyramid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tpAZObNZfI&t=54s :nws:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Apr 9, 2018

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I've said it before but New Mexico, and APD in particular are NOTORIOUS for their use of lethal force

Like five times more per capita than NY

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

:holymoley:

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Smiling Jack posted:

I've said it before but New Mexico, and APD in particular are NOTORIOUS for their use of lethal force

:trumppop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

The NYPD shoots fewer suspects than basically any other department in the US, usually by a huge margin.

https://news.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/j5vm7d/nypd-officers-shot-the-fewest-people-ever-this-year

I'm phoneposting so I don't have the patience to track down relevant analysis pieces, but there are a bunch of factors which led to this, not least of which are training, accountability, and local gun control measures.