Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

where the red fern gropes posted:

what if blast is blast

I'm willing to believe that Blast is just some really strong guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

but what if he's OUR strong guy

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I just noticed that the robots from the "organization" are named G4, G5 and uh...

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Symbolic Butt posted:

I just noticed that the robots from the "organization" are named G4, G5 and uh...

...GNos?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I don't think Nos is a number

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
My pet theory now is that Genos is one of the G-series robots (G1?) and Dr Kuseno disabled and modified him to turn him into a force for good.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
also saitama is blast with no hair

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Sweet. I never saw the Onepunchman anime, but our local Netflix just added it. I know what I'm watching this Easter.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Darth TNT posted:

Sweet. I never saw the Onepunchman anime, but our local Netflix just added it. I know what I'm watching this Easter.
You're in for a treat! :dance:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

AtheistMantis posted:

So I just finished reading the DBxSaitama crossover. It was fun throughout, but I thought the first couple chapters were the best. Things just got too drawn out and serious once Genos got introduced, the gags were less inventive by the third volume.

Dragon Garou Lee is amazing at recreating Toriyama's art style from the Saiyan saga, and flat ONE Saitama is still a funny gag that can't be that hard to draw. It just felt like something was off with the Serious Saitama panels. Like, he's a better artist than ONE, but maybe he's not as good as ONE at storyboarding to make doofy drawings feel epic. Maybe nobody can compare to Ultra Instinct Yusuke Murata.

Where would one find this?

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008

Kild posted:

What if it stands for G number zero?

pinarello dogman
Jun 17, 2013

Kild posted:

Enos (biblical figure) - Wikipedia posted:

... in the Book of Genesis of the Hebrew Bible, is the first son of Seth who figures in the Generations of Adam...

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Why not https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enos_(chimpanzee)

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

RC Cola posted:

Where would one find this?

I second this motion.

pinarello dogman
Jun 17, 2013

That was just the first thing that came up when I googled 'enos'. Seems kind of fitting though?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm wondering why G5 and Engine Knight have the same single glowy eyeball.
Could G5 just be Engine Knight going undercover?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

I didn’t read any of the pages outside of saitama’s apartment lol

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Reminder that Genos is short for Genocide.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

GimmickMan posted:

Reminder that Genos is short for Genocide.
Or it's the greek Genos meaning lineage, especially one that's noble.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Suspicious Lump posted:

Or it's the greek Genos meaning lineage, especially one that's noble.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
9gag....

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it's a cool tank top tbf.

genos should apprentice with tank top master

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Looks like a short sleeve shirt with the sleeves pushed up.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
even more reason why. Show genos the power of tank tops

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Wark Say posted:

You're in for a treat! :dance:

I was indeed. I finished watching it yesterday. It's glorious. They did seem to struggle a bit in making Saitama look drab, but they went all out on the Boros fight. The animation in general is top notch. No wonder people are worried about the next season.

It's pretty fun seeing this stuff from the beginning and looking at where we are now. There's been some definite character development, even for the depressed Saitama.

I do wonder when we're going to circle back to Genos' backstory and how machine knight factors into that.

I'm also eternally amazed at how they can continue to make Genos look awesome despite always losing. It never quite feels like he's getting Worfed.

I also need more Mumen Rider in my life again, truly an awesome hero. We haven't seen him in a long time.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Generally speaking Genos only loses to really really powerful monsters. Often we don't even know how strong those monsters truly are (like Asura Rhino or the mosquito lady) because Saitama stepped in and oneshot them

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
Raw's out if you like pretty pictures or speak Japanese.

https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/10834108156629681384

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Those are some extremely pretty pictures!

I’m so hype for this arc finally getting redrawn, it’s so drat good

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
pig god, superalloy darkshine and flashy flash hype!!!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Darth TNT posted:

I'm also eternally amazed at how they can continue to make Genos look awesome despite always losing. It never quite feels like he's getting Worfed.
While he very much is the Worf, I do agree with you. And it's because unless it's for a comedy bit, they animate the gently caress out of whatever Genos is doing.

Gifsets of him versus the Mosquito Lady and the Sea King were what got me to watch the show, he always feels powerful in a specific way Saitama doesn't, just by doing more intricate moves with more focus on mobility, even if he's all going to do is lose anyway.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

another release already? but the last one was really recent!

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

It's a lot of set-up mixed with some extremely hype poo poo.

But even the set-up is pretty hype.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Remember, Murata isn't a human, he's a manga-drawing robot disguised as a human.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
IMO the main reason Genos doesn't feel like Worf is because he's rarely clowned by a monster. He gets in good hits, stops the monster from harming civilians, forces it to change forms and reveal a new power etc.

So, even though he loses, he doesn't utterly fail.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Elfface posted:

IMO the main reason Genos doesn't feel like Worf is because he's rarely clowned by a monster. He gets in good hits, stops the monster from harming civilians, forces it to change forms and reveal a new power etc.

So, even though he loses, he doesn't utterly fail.

Often he loses because he is heroic. If he had let those people die to the sea-kings spit he would have likely been able to beat him to death.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Garou don't eat the monster arm :ohdear:

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Jerkface posted:

Garou don't eat the monster arm :ohdear:

Saitama eats monsters, clearly it's OK.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
After proper cooking of course.

Just like Speed of Sound Sonic.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I mean, what kind of idiot would eat raw mystery meat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

EponymousMrYar posted:

After proper cooking of course.

Just like Speed of Sound Sonic.

He has eaten some raw. It is apparently only raw monster king cells that do anything to your monsterizing wise, eating the flesh of already existing monsters at most just makes you stronger.