Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

thats not redkahina talking, that lf poster discipline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

oh poo poo nvm she does talk in that. i could never get through how cringy that poo poo was

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

https://twitter.com/RedKahina/status/973699182950219776

definitely what i came away thinking from that show

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Keyboard warriors can mock away, but Red Kahina's out there appropriating all of Johnny Depp's scarves in a bold act of class warfare

Have to respect that

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Bryter posted:

Keyboard warriors can mock away, but Red Kahina's out there appropriating all of Johnny Depp's scarves in a bold act of class warfare

Have to respect that

i thought she was the one talking on the mic in the beginning

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

so redkahina is the one holding the mic at the beginning? i'm confused

i don't really give a poo poo though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eONSeWzvHGw

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Good song

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
also jeffrey tambor looked ridiculous as malenkov in death of stalin so i had to look up the real georgy malenkov

welp

definitely the gooniest soviet general secretary

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

malenkov and molotov were far more savvy irl than their fictional counterparts but w/e, it's a movie

personally i was onboard to enjoy the movie but didn't find most of it very funny

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
there's nothing funny about the death of the greatest humanitarian ever

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

can someone explain to me the redkahina/discipline feud

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

First you gotta explain to me who discipline is.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

one of the lf posters who converted to islam

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Is discipline a psedonym for Baby Finland or were there several LF Islamic converts?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Is discipline a psedonym for Baby Finland or were there several LF Islamic converts?

bf was a different poster, so yes

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

my kind of leftist :getin:

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

but unironically.

not to get too tanky here, but the picture they paint of the purges is really exaggerated. for example, the film portrays the purge of the doctors as if stalin had killed every single doctor in moscow. in reality, only hundreds of the ~1m doctors in the soviet union were arrested, as it was really about arresting jewish doctors.

also, i felt like there was too much murder and rape and not enough jokes to make it a good comedy.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

From what I can remember while lurking on Rhizzone she went to work in a refugee camp in Iraq, during which she spent her r and r in Lebanon smoking hash with Weev of all people.

Beard Dandruff fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Apr 10, 2018

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

discipline did have one of the better lf moments.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3381187#post386851644

(it was a picture of mubarak)

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

if Stalin hadn’t personally been such a piece of poo poo he’d probably be hailed as one of the greatest leaders in history

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GoluboiOgon posted:

also, i felt like there was too much murder and rape and not enough jokes to make it a good comedy.

Well Beria was a serial rapist.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

fivek

morally adept posted:

From what I can remember while lurking on Rhizzone she went to work in a refugee camp in Iraq, during which she spent her r and r in Lebanon smoking hash with Weev of all people.

she was in jordan and the weev thing 100 percent did not happen.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

lol. i only did the usual iannucci guffaws when jason isaacs was onscreen — he totally got it and made every scene. if anything the other actors weren't playing it broadly enough

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

GoluboiOgon posted:

but unironically.

not to get too tanky here, but the picture they paint of the purges is really exaggerated. for example, the film portrays the purge of the doctors as if stalin had killed every single doctor in moscow. in reality, only hundreds of the ~1m doctors in the soviet union were arrested, as it was really about arresting jewish doctors.

the ussr was dismantled by the very people the purging was supposed to get rid of

makes u think

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Stephen Gowans posted:

Everywhere fifth columnists facilitated the Nazi invasions, except in the Soviet Union where there was no fifth column. Stalin had eliminated it. He may have uniquely accomplished this feat by accepting a high false positive rate as the cost of extirpating the disease, catching the innocent and harmless in his net as well as the dangerous and guilty. But when it’s unclear whether the tissue is diseased or healthy, the surgeon who saves the patient cuts out both the clearly diseased and the surrounding suspicious (though possibly healthy) tissue.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet, right fellas. kirov deserved it

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Chechens must have been force migrated for no reason then.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

"accepting a high false positive rate" lmao

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
your liberal tolerance of potential fifth columnists is noted

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

this quote but it's about white noise posters in the LF thread and it's home ex instead of stalin

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Everywhere fifth columnists facilitated the Nazi invasions, except in the LF Thread where there was no fifth column. Homework Explainer had eliminated it. He may have uniquely accomplished this feat by accepting a high false positive rate as the cost of extirpating the disease, catching the innocent and harmless in his net as well as the dangerous and guilty. But when it’s unclear whether the tissue is diseased or healthy, the surgeon who saves the patient cuts out both the clearly diseased and the surrounding suspicious (though possibly healthy) tissue.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

the cia really did read rhizzone

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Zhuk > Zucc

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

large adult son posted:

"accepting a high false positive rate" lmao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

This

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Discipline is speaking at the beginning in a sweater & with a book bag, RK is the one with 15 scarves and a cake on her head.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation

papa_november posted:

can someone explain to me the redkahina/discipline feud

They did stuff together in NYC (as part of, uh, WWP I think? Which Discipline is still very active in) and RK splintered from everyone b/c she's probably literally a crazy person & among other things doxxed discipline.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psuz8pVguwk

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

a streetwise woman using her marxist-leninist education to outwit the foot soldiers of the capitalist state. five stars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

Every trip i take through Old LF and the rap sheets of the posters from there (4/5th of which are permaed, banned, perma-probated, abandoned, etc) 100% justifies the money i spent on archives. I would highly, highly recommend it.