Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Throh boyband/idol group is canon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Do they throw each other into the audience?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I haven't really paid attention to Pokemon in years, do they not do the log in online and get a free Torchic type things anymore? I wasn't expecting the 'check for stuff' button that gets its own spot on the title screen to just be a sad ringing search tone of emptiness.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Anyone got a spare Tangela with Regenerator they could trade away? I got a couple of hours before work and wanna make a good Tangrowth for a fun Battle Tree run later

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

kater posted:

I haven't really paid attention to Pokemon in years, do they not do the log in online and get a free Torchic type things anymore? I wasn't expecting the 'check for stuff' button that gets its own spot on the title screen to just be a sad ringing search tone of emptiness.

Unfortunately the special Rockruff event for getting USUM around launch ended in January. If you're in Europe, you can get Entei or Raikou, depending on your version, but Americans have to go to Target starting April 22nd to get theirs.

I guess you could get hidden ability starters from Bank, but right now there's not much free online stuff to get. The only definite thing is the last mythical, Zeraora, being released when Movie 21's dub comes out in around October or so.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-729609708

Anything goes is a strange place guys

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-729614561

Also I play like an idiot but here's my team a random generator made for me.

Violet_Sky fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 8, 2018

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-710197926

Yeah anything goes is definitely the closest experience to just playing your neighbor in fourth grade again

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

I am Reverend posted:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-710197926

Yeah anything goes is definitely the closest experience to just playing your neighbor in fourth grade again

Turn 36
The opposing Darkrai's Quick Claw let it move first!
The opposing Darkrai used Dark Void!
Many Mothans died avoided the attack!
Many Mothans died used Bug Buzz!
It's super effective!
The opposing Darkrai lost 100% of its health!
The opposing Darkrai fainted!
Chobz sent out Huntail!

This is just...rude.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i think my favorite part was the setup arceus not recovering

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes

I think I ran into Reverend's alt account.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
A little under 3 hours until Zeraora is a real Pokemon

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

link is bad

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRnQ1S1xS2I

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Nth Doctor posted:

link is bad

I thought I saved this. :saddowns:

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Violet_Sky posted:

I think I ran into Reverend's alt account.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-729888564 Assuming it was this Dustox spam is way more suited for the meta as it stands today than Dunsparce spam. Dustox has compoundeyes poisonpowder for when you don't want to toxic a grass type so you get more quiver dances out of it before it dies.

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Apr 8, 2018

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Just out of curiosity, does Battle Tree actually adapt to your team the farther you progress? I just lost in round 21 in super doubles against a team that seemed specifically formulated to gently caress me over.

My team was Noivern / Krookodile / Walrein / Salazzle, and I'd been coasting on Noivern having Draco Meteor + Dragonium Z and being faster than just about anything else. It was basically a free one-hit kill right off the bat, and I still had Draco Meteor to deal with any additional dragons.

So, round 21 starts against an Aurorus and... I forget what the other one was, but it was conspicuously not an Ice type. Swapped out Krookodile with Walrein, one-shotted the Aurorus with Devastating Drake... and then my Noivern gets one-shotted with Ice Beam. That team's final two Pokemon? Salamence and Garchomp. :suicide:

I actually would have won from poison had I managed to survive one more turn, too.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Zeraora was revealed on Japanese TV. Expect an international announcement shortly.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Rollersnake posted:

Just out of curiosity, does Battle Tree actually adapt to your team the farther you progress? I just lost in round 21 in super doubles against a team that seemed specifically formulated to gently caress me over.

No but you of course lose to the thing that your team cannot deal with. the longer your streak the more likely you are to come across the thing that you lose to because....well eventually you lose.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

I am Reverend posted:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-729888564 Assuming it was this Dustox spam is way more suited for the meta as it stands today than Dunsparce spam. Dustox has compoundeyes poisonpowder for when you don't want to toxic a grass type so you get more quiver dances out of it before it dies.

Yeah it was that, thanks.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dehry posted:

Zeraora was revealed on Japanese TV. Expect an international announcement shortly.

Huh. Wonder if they're like a glimpse of gen 8 or just an extra legendary for this one...

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Zeraora is a legendary known about since the data miners got USUM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsMEOvDABUE

This summer's pokemon.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I can't wait for him to get added to new smash bros and have a charged projectile neutral b, again

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
is there any reason they couldn't have just held it off and added it later as dlc

there still isn't a playable dragon type in smash unless you count megazard x, they should add kommo-o and he should take double damage from falchion wielders

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Dehry posted:

Zeraora is a legendary known about since the data miners got USUM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsMEOvDABUE

This summer's pokemon.

Great. How do I get one?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ogmius815 posted:

Great. How do I get one?

Go to a McDonalds or Gamestop sometime around November and get a code card while they're advertising heavily for Pokemon Switch.

Raserys posted:

is there any reason they couldn't have just held it off and added it later as dlc

It wasn't in the games until Ultra Sun and Moon. Pokemon hasn't done DLC yet but a new version with 5 new Pokemon is pretty close.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.
I'm sorry to bug again about this, but can anyone please advise on how to get a Marshadow? I know you can't through GTS, and I have some good stuff to trade

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Wait for an event in Generation 9 or hack.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I think I might add Zip Zap cat to my team when it's released.

I have a Pikachu at the moment because Pikachu are boss as all gently caress, but it's super squishy, and even with Surf, I don't care for its moveset. Zip Zap cat might be a better fit.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Crawfish posted:

I think I might add Zip Zap cat to my team when it's released.

I have a Pikachu at the moment because Pikachu are boss as all gently caress, but it's super squishy, and even with Surf, I don't care for its moveset. Zip Zap cat might be a better fit.

Zeraora has bad defenses itself. I used one during my campaign in USUM (hacked an egg and raised it from birth) and it fainted ALL the time. It's fast and hits hard, though (and the model and animations look very good in-game, so it's nice to look at for as long as it lasts at least).

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

less laughter posted:

Zeraora has bad defenses itself. I used one during my campaign in USUM (hacked an egg and raised it from birth) and it fainted ALL the time. It's fast and hits hard, though (and the model and animations look very good in-game, so it's nice to look at for as long as it lasts at least).
My entire team is like that, so i'm not too worried.

I'm not remotely decent competitively, so give no fucks about that sort of thing. As long as it can punch hard and punch fast, and aesthetically fits in with my team, i'm all for it.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Yeah he looks like a glass cannon, and i was going "man he's desperately in need of some coverage moves" but then I scrolled down to look at his tutor learnset. He's good.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Truecon420 posted:

I'm sorry to bug again about this, but can anyone please advise on how to get a Marshadow? I know you can't through GTS, and I have some good stuff to trade

Hop into the Discord channel and ask nicely?

Somebody might have an extra, or can clone one of theirs (assuming you're OK with a clone- anything you got off GTS would almost certainly be hacked anyway).

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

What are the hot ticket moms for trading on the GTS? I'm looking to put things on there that will get me quick trades to better my odds of landing HA creatures but some days it takes a while before I get a bite online.

I need something I can breed a lot of that people generally want, any ideas?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Version exclusives or 1% appearance fishing mons.

Also did you still want that Technician breloom?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Kurieg posted:

Version exclusives or 1% appearance fishing mons.

Also did you still want that Technician breloom?

Ah! Sorry, I work zombie hours from 11 to 7 am, I'm usually asleep at normal walking hours.

I managed to get lucky with wonder trade and got a Quick Feet shroomish! I appreciate the assistance though!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Parrotine posted:

What are the hot ticket moms for trading on the GTS? I'm looking to put things on there that will get me quick trades to better my odds of landing HA creatures but some days it takes a while before I get a bite online.

I need something I can breed a lot of that people generally want, any ideas?

Really rare SOS encounters usually do the trick, especially if they're in Apricorn balls. I got all kinds of ridiculous poo poo for trading Goomy in Lure and Love Balls.

My husband's little brother also advised me to attach a Starf or Landsat Berry to my trade 'mons to sweeten the deal.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Good dog.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Crosspeice posted:

Unfortunately the special Rockruff event for getting USUM around launch ended in January. If you're in Europe, you can get Entei or Raikou, depending on your version, but Americans have to go to Target starting April 22nd to get theirs.

is there anything special about them vs the one you catch in the ultra wormhole?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

indigi posted:

is there anything special about them vs the one you catch in the ultra wormhole?

Only Own Tempo Rockruff can evolve into Lycanroc-Dusk and as far as I know the only way to get one was from the distribution or breeding it.

I don't think the Ultra Wormhole ones can come with it, just Rockruff's other 3 normal and hidden abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I think he was asking if there was something special about the target Entei and Raikou.