Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
This is my favourite take on the flag vote.

quote:

Without a reason for change, the process was aimless and directionless from the start. There was no movement, no impetus. We weren't reacting to any identity-shattering or identity-defining event. We were choosing the curtains for a house we hadn't built yet. Why? No one really knew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

I was ok with the black Lockwood one actually, but it wasn't great. The really poo poo one was the Red Peak. gently caress that's an ugly flag

Laser Kiwi owns though

I really liked red peak and would have been happy with it, but acknowledge the weight of non hipster douchebag opinion was not with me on that one

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Red Peak was the best but they were all garbage.

Needed to be :parrot:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

This seems worth making a BSC complaint over. I feel nauseous.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3t3IKlXqFU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTMINrFtPlU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Kris Faafoi is investigating whether employers are encouraging employees to opt out of KiwiSaver, for example by offering a total package from which the "employer" KiwiSaver contributions are subtracted if the employee opts for that (so choosing between 100k/year or 97k/year + 3k to KiwiSaver). It's legal but he's questioning whether it's in good faith.

I wonder if anyone has told him that most of the ministries are doing that.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Standing policy in my company is to keep up emp contributions, even if they're over 65 or under 18.

It's a pain in the rear end to remind the subsidiaries about it, though.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

bike tory posted:

Kris Faafoi is investigating whether employers are encouraging employees to opt out of KiwiSaver, for example by offering a total package from which the "employer" KiwiSaver contributions are subtracted if the employee opts for that (so choosing between 100k/year or 97k/year + 3k to KiwiSaver). It's legal but he's questioning whether it's in good faith.

I wonder if anyone has told him that most of the ministries are doing that.

The reasoning sent out at our place was that people were questioning why they should be "paid less" just because they opted out of kiwi saver. I guess this is a completely fair point, even if it's completely missing the point of the initiative.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The PSA went to court over it and lost, Faafoi is gonna have to change the law if he wants to stop employers doing it

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Urg..

This guy is the dumbest rear end in a top hat alive, he is friends with an old workmate of mine and we talked once, he just cant understand anything that uses any form of cause and effect. I suspect he is literally retarded.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
goongrats to Marama

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

It's weird, everyone I know in the greens seems to have personally preferred Julie but also agreed that Marama was the better choice

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

bike tory posted:

It's weird, everyone I know in the greens seems to have personally preferred Julie but also agreed that Marama was the better choice

You know a lot of Bike Tories?

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Yeah JAG can get on with being an effective minister and Marama can mobilise the members. It feels like a great approach.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

El Pollo Blanco posted:

You know a lot of Bike Tories?

I've never understood where that perception of JAG comes from

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
she's certainly to the right of the parliamentary party and seems to be seen by bike tories as one of them, but she's not vernon tava or anything

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Ian Lees Galloway has suspended that super racist deportation program

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
congrats to that weightlifting goon for making dick quax mad

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

bike tory posted:

Ian Lees Galloway has suspended that super racist deportation program

Lol wtf were they thinking

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

It started 18months ago under National, supposedly it's about "priorities" and making "effective choices with limited resources" or some poo poo. I don't know how people could see something like that and think it ISNT racist

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

bike tory posted:

It started 18months ago under National, supposedly it's about "priorities" and making "effective choices with limited resources" or some poo poo. I don't know how people could see something like that and think it ISNT racist

Analytics is fine, using ethnicity as a variable is literally illegal, talking to the media about it before your minister is figuratively retarded.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

sebmojo posted:

Analytics is fine, using ethnicity as a variable is literally illegal, talking to the media about it before your minister is figuratively retarded.

As a rule I'm very sus of reducing people to a handful of data points when it's being used to target individuals. That poo poo works alright at the population level only

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

bike tory posted:

As a rule I'm very sus of reducing people to a handful of data points when it's being used to target individuals. That poo poo works alright at the population level only

Yeah, that's a solid position.

That said the INZ pilot was about prioritising a list of people who they were already going to deport, so that would happen in some way anyway - it's not automatically evil just because you use a computer, though it will break the law if you discriminate on a protected ground.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Uh oh, Taika Waititi has dared to speak out negatively about NZ.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/09/hollywood-director-taika-waititi-says-new-zealand-is-racist

How long before Mike Hosking et al. are calling him ungrateful and arrogant? Or is that just reserved for famous NZ women who dare to criticise stuff

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

bike tory posted:

Uh oh, Taika Waititi has dared to speak out negatively about NZ.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/09/hollywood-director-taika-waititi-says-new-zealand-is-racist

How long before Mike Hosking et al. are calling him ungrateful and arrogant? Or is that just reserved for famous NZ women who dare to criticise stuff

I think Hosking already has? I might have imagined it, i'm sure someone did.

v that was probably it lol

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Apr 9, 2018

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Garner called him a traitor I think but that was awhile ago.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
Beautiful

https://twitter.com/WarbzFC/status/983437848475942912?s=19

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

:discourse:

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2018/04/jacinda-ardern-calls-out-duncan-garner-for-falling-victim-to-april-fool-s-day-joke.html

Given the prank was on Kiwiblog, I guess Garner reads Farrar and assumes everything he says is unquestionably correct?

Pararoid fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Apr 10, 2018

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Lips kissed so hard I turned into an Italian chef.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Kudos, Newshub.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Ghostlight posted:

Kudos, Newshub.

Did he gently caress his son? The gently caress is going on here

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Did he gently caress his son? The gently caress is going on here

I mean, he named the kid Buster so yeah?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Buster Garner sweet jesus

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

It's cool that that sub-normal idiot retard has a platform to influence the politics of the nation.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

bike tory posted:

Buster Garner sweet jesus

Does he have other kids? George Oscar Garner, Lindsay (born Nellie) and Nichael?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

Does he have other kids? George Oscar Garner, Lindsay (born Nellie) and Nichael?

His other two kids are with Mihingarangi Forbes so I'd like to think she prevented him from calling them anything ridiculous or dumb. How Mihi Forbes put up with him long enough to have kids is anyone's guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

bike tory posted:

I've never understood where that perception of JAG comes from

She is still sledging Turei (and by extension every beneficiary ever) at every opportunity to try and up her cred with rich old white hippies who used to vote green so she can get hosed imo

Also Gerry Brownlee shops at pac n save kilbirnie wtf

• Locked thread