Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I'm just now looking at Rikku's enhancements and yikes. Does she win the reward for "worst enhancements on a unit that's actually useful"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Generally the more useful the (non 5*) unit the worse their enhancements. Tilith's aren't out yet but they are similarly bad.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Nothing more poetic than having the 10% 5* ticket turn out to actually be a 100% Sice ticket

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Just had a 5 Grendel run with 550% bonus: 36400 event currency.

Pretty sure I'll never have an event team this high again.

WebDO posted:

Nothing more poetic than having the 10% 5* ticket turn out to actually be a 100% Sice ticket

100% Iris.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Apr 10, 2018

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Mine spit out a gold to rainbow with my first Gilgamesh. Why yes I'll take a genji glove.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

So I still have a few more questions about setting up the TMR macros after reading through the stuff on the website, are there any decent videos to watch that give a good idea of it? I didn’t see any on the pages I went through but that could have just been my phone being lovely and not loading them

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

The ffbemacro.com website has everything you need instructions wise, as well as the scripts you need. It really is quite simple.

I would also recommend setting up Google Chrome remote desktop so you can check on things while away, or if you're too lazy to get off the couch.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

100% Leo.

Yeah I’m gonna use my petals on trust moogles.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
100% Eight

I win since it is Type 0 right?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

100% Wakka #23.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

hagie posted:

100% Eight

I win since it is Type 0 right?

I had Sice so I won first

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
half draw today was my first Aileen. Which build is superior for her — dual wield or TDH? And with which non-aileen characters does her enhanced piledriver chain?

gonna hold on to the 10%(lmao) rainbow ticket for now. I got Lulu from this banner already and I’m okay with not having Yuna.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Anyone else had issue with trying to macro in the past couple days? Mine's supposed to power its way through most everything but it keeps getting hung on the second fight with 1 enemy alive. I know rarely there are fights with 3 enemies in it, but my macro throws in a 3rd attack every minute or so to kill that guy off if needed. I come back to see all 3 units have attacked but there's still 1 unit alive.

I know in this case it's also not a lack of damage - my primary attacker units are a fully leveled cloud and a 5*/80 elfreeda. Even so those slots have bahamut/odin attached so the worst level 1 attacker can still do massive overkill on those rats and bats.

Only thing I can come up with is that they attack too fast - Cloud's auto is ridiculously fast. I'm really at a loss though for how it manages to hang about every 15 minutes, though. I could see it happening rarely, but the rate it's happening is silly.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

new kind of cat posted:

half draw today was my first Aileen. Which build is superior for her — dual wield or TDH? And with which non-aileen characters does her enhanced piledriver chain?

gonna hold on to the 10%(lmao) rainbow ticket for now. I got Lulu from this banner already and I’m okay with not having Yuna.
Self imbued FD is probably her highest damage but it has a turn of setup. Dual wield has the issue of her chain breaking in the middle TDH is better

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
100% Wakka!

And then my regular old 12-blossom ticket got me Gilgamesh, who I’ve been throwing tickets and lapis at since he came out because he’s Gilgamesh. FINALLY.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
100% Galuf

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Ugato posted:

Anyone else had issue with trying to macro in the past couple days? Mine's supposed to power its way through most everything but it keeps getting hung on the second fight with 1 enemy alive. I know rarely there are fights with 3 enemies in it, but my macro throws in a 3rd attack every minute or so to kill that guy off if needed. I come back to see all 3 units have attacked but there's still 1 unit alive.

I know in this case it's also not a lack of damage - my primary attacker units are a fully leveled cloud and a 5*/80 elfreeda. Even so those slots have bahamut/odin attached so the worst level 1 attacker can still do massive overkill on those rats and bats.

Only thing I can come up with is that they attack too fast - Cloud's auto is ridiculously fast. I'm really at a loss though for how it manages to hang about every 15 minutes, though. I could see it happening rarely, but the rate it's happening is silly.

Mine(Nox) has been running super strong as of late. I've not woken up to a crash in weeks.

Obvious solution but did you try changing your front and back rows?

Side note: having two Avengers seems to knock a second or so off the speed time. Not a huge gain but it also makes those times when you want to manual out a .01‰ a bit easier too.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

PaybackJack posted:

Just had a 5 Grendel run with 550% bonus: 36400 event currency.

Pretty sure I'll never have an event team this high again.

7* units give a 200% currency bonus once they're added to the game. :eng101:

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

re: Macros

The only time I've seen it stall is when the units are too weak to kill the enemy. I'd just try moving your slots around.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Evil Fluffy posted:

7* units give a 200% currency bonus once they're added to the game. :eng101:

And people are going to regularly get 2 or more seven star units during a King Mog event? :rotflmao:

new kind of cat posted:

6* Camille, Beatrix, 7* Dark Veritas, Explorer Aileen, Lara Croft (you should have two if you were playing during her raid, plus there is room in the numbering for a 7* version,) 7* Randi, Sephiroth, Lenneth all chain with +2 Piledriver.

Looking at the Famitsu FFBE wiki, 7* Randi is almost as good a chainer as Sephiroth, who only misses out on one major group, Kunshira, Loren, and Lunera. I need another Randi or they need to do the general 7* awakening material.

Also looking at that page, people with multiple Lightnings rejoice! at 7* she learns Endless Drive, which chains perfectly with Tidus' Quick Hit.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

100% Ignus. This will make somewhere in the mid teens for numbers of her I've pulled.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Does anybody have an Expert solo-capable Yuna/Lulu? I've currently got am event team of 3 Wakka, 1 Seymour, and fishing for any chance at a spare summon ticket has gotten me nothing 5*-wise.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
I might be able to help if you're just looking for a LGD capable carry unit and don't need it to be a bonus. If you can provide the chains and a method to escape the first mobs, I can provide a max EVO magic Garnet with Bahamut that call kill the bosses with a capped chain.

Edit: well, I just pulled Seymour so once I buy some cactuars I might be able to put up a bonus unit to do this. But Garnet has a spell to fill the evo gauge and Seymour doesn't.

werdnam fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Apr 10, 2018

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

werdnam posted:

I might be able to help if you're just looking for a LGD capable carry unit and don't need it to be a bonus. If you can provide the chains and a method to escape the first mobs, I can provide a max EVO magic Garnet with Bahamut that call kill the bosses with a capped chain.

Thanks but I already did LGD, at this point just trying to buff up my primer farming.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

And people are going to regularly get 2 or more seven star units during a King Mog event? :rotflmao:

Your own 7* unit (not impossible, but unlikely) and a buddy 7* unit is 400% already. Toss in 3-4 50-75% boost units and you'll break 550% pretty quickly.

Though if we get the same Step Up that Japan had for Squall/Rinoa, big spenders could easily have multiple 7* units. :retrogames:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

What's the gil cost on upgrade to 7* again? I have 14 million in the bank now, and I'm thinking I need to start hitting the Turtle events when they come up between now and 7* release.

Got my 7th Dark Fina today, except this one happened to be Swimsuit Dark Fina #1.Thanks I guess.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

3m iirc

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

What's the gil cost on upgrade to 7* again? I have 14 million in the bank now, and I'm thinking I need to start hitting the Turtle events when they come up between now and 7* release.

Got my 7th Dark Fina today, except this one happened to be Swimsuit Dark Fina #1.Thanks I guess.

Pretty sure it's only 3m but you're going to need tens of millions of XP to go from 100 to 120. On my neglected JP account my 7* CG Reagan is level 110 and with about 2/3 of the bar full he needs 599k xp to hit level 111. My Lightning is level 115 and with about 4/5 of the bar filled she still needs 828k xp to level.

7* XP reqs do not gently caress around. If anyone thinks "oh when 7* come out I'll 7* and level a full team of 7* capable units I have ready and waiting" they'd better have a couple hundred million XP banked.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Counting down the days until we can fuse Cactaurs together.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

AegisP posted:

Counting down the days until we can fuse Cactaurs together.

JP describes this process as a pain in the goddamn rear end. To get the most out of it you have to fuse each Cactaur one at a time or something. I think it’s because you waste the greater and amazing successes.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

JP describes this process as a pain in the goddamn rear end. To get the most out of it you have to fuse each Cactaur one at a time or something. I think it’s because you waste the greater and amazing successes.

That just sounds similar to Rosettas 1 at a time over at FFRK, which I also ignored because I am lazy

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

That would make sense.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/77zoaz/jp_metal_cactuar_fusing_trick_for_extra_juice/

I think this is the reason, but my brain is too tired from work today to understand it.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/77zoaz/jp_metal_cactuar_fusing_trick_for_extra_juice/

I think this is the reason, but my brain is too tired from work today to understand it.

I could see this being changed for global, that sounds like a weird unintended bug or something.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Tengames posted:

I could see this being changed for global, that sounds like a weird unintended bug or something.

You really think gumi would :effort: code something instead of copy paste it from JP?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Going from 6* to 7* even if you are just giving them a single level, can often times be a massive increase in damage thanks to the passive from their TMR.TDH aileen gets most of her damage increase from 101 and then its just raw level stats after that. Lorraine gets most of her utility at 101, and most of her passive buffs and chaining capabilities by 105. T.Terra gets most of her alpha damage supremacy by level 105.

You can look over the reddit database of JP characters and they all follow the same pattern. Big changes the first 5 levels, a good but not necessarily game breaking ability at 110, passive stat at 115 and then another passive stat increase at 120 with some flavor attached, usually heavily favoring equip attack or magic.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Awakened TTerra's abilities!

...I'm poor now. Feels weird after having millions for so long.

Wyrmthang
Nov 30, 2014

As dry as it gets!
Hey all,

I was wondering if one of you kind and generous souls would put up a DV kitted out to solo the Dark Beasts trial? Big shout out to arisu and Ugato for helping me on the Gilgamesh one, and while I hate to be a burden I really appreciate all the hard work and effort you all put in to make these trials easy for someone like me who is rebuilding his account from scratch.

Chasiu
Dec 30, 2007

Ugato posted:

I have had the same issue on Memu lately and am also using Cloud as one of my two attacking units. I also think the issue is because he attacks so fast, the game hasn't realized the first mob is dead yet, so the other unit attacks the same mob instead of the second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

You really think gumi would :effort: code something instead of copy paste it from JP?

we got an entirely seperate expedition system don't we?

• Locked thread