Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

*bump*

Is thread dead? I haven't seen a post in forever.

e: cripes what a loving snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
People have been posting here a lot, that doesn't make it dead?

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
The latest episode of Arrow had some much needed confrontation between Oliver and Diggle.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TheDK posted:

The latest episode of Arrow had some much needed confrontation between Oliver and Diggle.

That fight would have been more satisfying if it had been a lot longer. Oliver needs to be put in his place and taken down a few notches.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's the only one who's right. Ever.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Diggle is better than anyone else on that show. I have always thought that and I stand by it.

If they do a big DC crossover with Black Lightning it should just be Diggle, Iris, Wally, Amaya and Martian Manhunter going to Freeland, gently caress everyone else.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Koalas March posted:

Diggle is better than anyone else on that show. I have always thought that and I stand by it.

If they do a big DC crossover with Black Lightning it should just be Diggle, Iris, Wally, Amaya and Martian Manhunter going to Freeland, gently caress everyone else.

I'm glad we're on the page with Kendra.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

HIJK posted:

People have been posting here a lot, that doesn't make it dead?

I was just continuing the stupid joke of everyone has everyone else on ignore.

Then it turns out to be a new page, context is lost, and I'm a bad poster.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Koalas March posted:

Dosn't J'on get to go too?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

Dosn't J'on get to go too?

That's who the Martian Manhunter is.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

That's who the Martian Manhunter is.

I need to read better, and I assume that includes his dad.

That kinda reminds me of this Dr Katz bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8wN_cA-fQg

Wait that was Dave Chappelle? Crazy.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Koalas March posted:

James Olson has a sad

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

howe_sam posted:

James Olson has a sad

I actually quit watching after s1 because I heard they were treating James like poo poo, reduced him from being a LI, etc and basically did everything that Snowberry fans wanted to happen to Iris in the Flash and was pretty disgusted.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Koalas March posted:

I actually quit watching after s1 because I heard they were treating James like poo poo, reduced him from being a LI, etc and basically did everything that Snowberry fans wanted to happen to Iris in the Flash and was pretty disgusted.

Then they made him into a not great vigilante!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

And he's a tepid, sort of love interest of Lena Luthor now too.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yo, Legends of Tomorrow is the best comic book show on TV.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

Then they made him into a not great vigilante!

Are you saying The Guardian is a not great vigilante?

Fake edit, yeah that's fair.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Are you saying The Guardian is a not great vigilante?

Fake edit, yeah that's fair.

Shoulda been Elastic Lad or Turtle Boy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

muscles like this! posted:

Yo, Legends of Tomorrow is the best comic book show on TV.

Wally is a great addition to the show.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

I actually think it could be cool to have Supergirl show up in Freeland and try to help but her great power (privilege) isn't enough to just solve complex problems over night and she learns (on behalf of the audience) how to be a better ally and listen to the people (POC) who have a better understanding of the situation.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Warren Ellis' Injection is being adapted for TV.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/warren-ellis-ai-comic-injection-being-adapted-tv-1101630
Hopefully someone sees the grittiness and subversion in it and it doesn't end up being Fringe But With English And Irish People.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Apparently there are set photos of Titans circulating the net and uh, well,
https://twitter.com/badpostitans/status/984114878028959744?s=19

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
.........image inducers?

v:shobon:v

I got nuthin

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Omg what is that yarn rear end wig they put that poor girl in. They need to fire hair, makeup and costuming asap. Please find someone who knows how to do make up on darker skin tones. I know a lot of black models talk about how they have to do their own make up.. Christ

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I... assume that they'll be using CG and those are just to sorta give a vague idea for the actors to react to (like The Phantom Menace, Ahmed Best wore a little hat with eye stalks so the other actors knew where to look when talking to him), but oh man that looks real bad.

Edit: it's like watching sausage get made.

catlord fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Apr 11, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Tiny Superman looked terrible before we saw it in post. As did Black Lightning. And the Flash.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Rhyno posted:

Tiny Superman looked terrible before we saw it in post. As did Black Lightning. And the Flash.

Yeah but those were all costumes, these are just bad hair and makeup.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I believed in tiny Superman since the very first shot of dat rear end

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Really? I don't recall anything but praise for the Flash costume on its reveal. The only complaint I remember is Season 1's red-on-yellow logo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TwoPair posted:

Really? I don't recall anything but praise for the Flash costume on its reveal. The only complaint I remember is Season 1's red-on-yellow logo.

Plenty of people complained about the material, Grant's enormous head, the logo etc. Hell I thought it looked bad until they revised it this year.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Come on, guys, everything looks terrible on sneakycam pics done while filming. For every Inhumans there's about a half dozen other things that look perfectly fine when properly finished.

(it's totally gonna be another Inhumans tho)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nothing is ever filmed for television without post color correction.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I still do not like having Raven be some pre teen. It feels a little too "No she's really a 9000 year old demon, she just looks 12" to me.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Frankly, I shouldn't be, but I am surprised at the people who are pissed Anna Diop is playing Starfire. I just saw someone bitching about "blackwashing" which, ignoring the question of do they understand any bit of the issue of whitewashing at all, is... well, A) Starfire's orange, 2) we can't really get Tamaranian actors, and III)

she actually looks like Starfire. I'm just boggled.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
It looks like very cheap cosplay

Like, those ironically bad cosplays, but not on purpose

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I guess to them, orange... is the new white. :smug:

:smithicide:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

twistedmentat posted:

I still do not like having Raven be some pre teen. It feels a little too "No she's really a 9000 year old demon, she just looks 12" to me.

Is Raven a 9000 year old demon? I know her dad is a Demon but I thought she was around the same age as the rest of the Titans.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Skwirl posted:

Is Raven a 9000 year old demon? I know her dad is a Demon but I thought she was around the same age as the rest of the Titans.

I'm not saying literally that, just it feels a little skeevy to me.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I'm not saying literally that, just it feels a little skeevy to me.

If she's being played by an actual preteen I think they'll avoid overly sexualizing her. What tv shows do now is cast an older, sexier, actress and have some sort of aging ray and hopes everyone forgets that the character is still supposed to be an actual 12 year old (Hi Gotham). For live action stuff the "literally born yesterday, but has the body of a 24 year old" trope (fifth element, 50 first dates) is way more common than 9000 year old demon with the body of a twelve year old, although still creepy for similar reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

twistedmentat posted:

Maybe they won't sexualize her for once.

Like for example she's wearing pants in those pics.