Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've got good feelings about Gundam Build Divers. It's slowly building up the cast and world and I think it's gonna be pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

Someone else could probably do a better write-up on Aikatsu than me though.

I thought Endorph already made one.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

chumbler posted:

Excluding Orb, because Orb is an excellent name.

:orb:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Knorth posted:

Please take three minutes out of your day to watch this cute little show about people chatting while waiting for trains to pass.
https://files.catbox.moe/9zOsTu.webm
Apparently it's also on Crunchy under the name Crossing Time

A love story in three minutes, v. powerful

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So was there any particular reason for the bear in Golden Kamui to be CGI? Like, I dunno, is it some sort of supernatural demon bear that's supposed to look completely out of place from its surroundings? Or did the animators just decide they couldn't/didn't wanna draw a bear?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

So was there any particular reason for the bear in Golden Kamui to be CGI? Like, I dunno, is it some sort of supernatural demon bear that's supposed to look completely out of place from its surroundings? Or did the animators just decide they couldn't/didn't wanna draw a bear?

Apparently, bears really suck to animate, and this is a fairly cheap, unimaginative adaptation.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Apparently, bears really suck to animate, and this is a fairly cheap, unimaginative adaptation.

Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin managed :colbert:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
bears in golden kamuy are kind of the most terrifying there is in what i've read so them looking utterly insane is cool imo. it would've liked way better if they outlined it like they did the dog but still in motion it looks better than it does in stills.

also drawing bears is so hard dude

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Touhou hasn't actually lost any popularity, it's mostly just that its audience has slowly shifted downward in age
Kids are super into the series this days, especially girls. It rules because it's basically the audience it should have, it's great.

Huh. Cool. This is legit a nice thing to hear.

I suppose all the manga attracting shoujo artists/ZUN deliberately trying to get shoujo artists should have been a clue. Also the Forbidden Scrollery English volumes are real good and people should support them. Second one came in the mail today and it's still real cool to finally have some Touhou merch.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

https://twitter.com/KamuyCentral/status/983391271447232512

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
You Don't Know Gunma Yet is pretty great

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Guy Goodbody posted:

You Don't Know Gunma Yet is pretty great

I love getting peeks into the provincial politics of other countries. (i.e. What is Japan’s Florida or Kentucky, etc.?)

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Neeksy posted:

I love getting peeks into the provincial politics of other countries. (i.e. What is Japan’s Florida or Kentucky, etc.?)

gunma man

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

I've heard that there's a pretty good tofu shop in Gunma, and they do really fast delivery

RME
Feb 20, 2012

only to the hotel

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Eela6 posted:

gunma man

so youre saying never go to gunma

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Weren't the Yorimoi cast supposed to be from Gunma? So it can't be all bad.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:3:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Rokuhoudou, or the 4 hot friends run a tea house show, is very good and chill

Nice ed too
https://files.catbox.moe/190rt0.webm

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Golden Kamuy is good but also throws up a lot of red flags so...idk

I guess we'll see

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Xinder posted:

Golden Kamuy is good but also throws up a lot of red flags so...idk

I guess we'll see

My only two gripes with it were that the opening hill charge scene was very...sparsely populated and made it seem low intensity. If they were already using CGI background troops they could have upped the number to fill it out, and the CGI bear.

Which, I dunno, I guess I buy the idea that the director was trying to do something something with it to make it seem otherworldly, but even he also says that animating the fur would have been difficult so they were going to cheap on it anyway.

Other than that the animation was actually pretty good quality. Hopefully it picks up.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/sasquatchulous/status/983792280820731904?s=21

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi1gmq0CwcA
Pretty

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I guess You Don't Know Gunma Yet is based off a live-action series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsXiSsel-Js

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's based off a manga, that was first adapted into the live action series

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hinamatsuri is great and Nitta is still #1 dad.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Pretty Derby is definitely maybe sorta really creepy, but also cute as gently caress and IM@S as all hell.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

lol

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I don’t know enough of the history of Captain Tsubasa to make a thread but wow this has been great so far

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Layton Mystery Agency got fansubbed.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
juushinki pandora is pretty watchable, lots of fun characters

also i was surprised that the show was so chinese-coded, then i looked it up and it was some kind of co-production? i like the aesthetic, though i just hope that there is a unified creative vision that kawamori gets to pull off

and i quite like the conceit of the main mech, where the robot-animal plague constantly evolves, the main robot searches through parallel universes until it finds a configuration that will kick the most rear end

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I think there's been a couple Chinese co-productions the last few seasons, but by and large they've been so bad nobody talked about them at all.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the setting of Jushinki is super interesting but it feels like the quality of the rest of the show is being sacrificed at the altar of good cg, which is then being used on mostly lackluster mech designs with bad action choreography. nothing particularly interesting in the characters yet, though leo has some funny bits that come out of his science obsession.

wrt Chinese co-pros, the production quality of most so far has been pretty universally low but To Be Hero was well-received here (s2 airing this year) and Cheating Craft was also good. other shows like Bloodivores or Hitori no Shita were latched onto almost exclusively by people watching ironically. unsure if these trends have held with more recent stuff like Robomasters or King's Avatar.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Wasn't Angel Mom A Centaur's Life a Chinese co-production? I liked that one well enough

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the only good chinese anime was the brother sister one that was somehow the only brother sister anime in existence that isnt incestual

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Eela6 posted:

Wasn't Angel Mom A Centaur's Life a Chinese co-production? I liked that one well enough

yes, totally blanked on that one

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Has there been any news about Wotakoi?

Myanimelist hasn't had any updates for licencors or if anyone has it for streaming and it's supposed to air on Saturday.

I hope I won't have to rely on fansubs for it...

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
noitaminA block so amazon seems likely

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's an Amazon show and isn't set to premiere until tomorrow i think. but since it's Amazon you can expect frequent and unexpected delays when it comes to the episodes actually getting uploaded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
According to the end of this PV, Wotakoi's first episode should be up on prime today (don't know if that just means japan) before its broadcast premiere on thursday, but subsequent episodes will be up on prime after each weekly TV airing.

• Locked thread