Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
What are our criteria? Because the sketchy, greasy Mexican food is more often than not, the best Mexican food

Tamale-man is the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Door Frame posted:

What are our criteria? Because the sketchy, greasy Mexican food is more often than not, the best Mexican food

Tamale-man is the best

There's a taco truck here and the dude doesn't even speak english, his 14 year old kid handles the orders and money. Fuckin amazing poo poo.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Rhyno posted:

There's a taco truck here and the dude doesn't even speak english, his 14 year old kid handles the orders and money. Fuckin amazing poo poo.
This isn't actually what makes a taco good. Also, I'm trying to start poo poo with Texas.
A war with Indiana would just be too easy.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
the best restaurants are also vehicles

this is fact

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I went to Costco today (while sick, didn't know it at the time but the world was all "zoomed in", in hindsight) and spent like $100 on a handful of things.

I mean, now I have soap, mouthwash, ibuprofen, peanut butter, and canned veggies for weeks/months. But 100 loving dollars!

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to leave Costco without spending at least $100. When every single thing you pick up is about $12~15 and there is so much stuff you *have* to grab... well..

Which reminds me, my big container of cashews is almost empty, and I'm out of almonds... drat it.. I'm going to have to go to Costco this week.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

the best restaurants are also vehicles

this is fact

Oh, I don't think you understand the level of sketchiness I'm talking about here. Tamale-man is literally just a dude with a cooler who walks into bars and sells mystery tamales to the drunks. Then he leaves, as quickly as he appears
It's never the same guy twice, but the tamales are always amazing

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

The Door Frame posted:

Oh, I don't think you understand the level of sketchiness I'm talking about here. Tamale-man is literally just a dude with a cooler who walks into bars and sells mystery tamales to the drunks. Then he leaves, as quickly as he appears
It's never the same guy twice, but the tamales are always amazing

I'm quite familiar with the rando selling mystery Mexican food from a cooler. You haven't lived until until you've reheated an enchilada you bought at 6 PM from some guy in a Circle K parking lot.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Indiana vs California Taco War, another easy-breezy win for CA. We can probably even beat Indiana's meth. I know for drat sure we're killing it on weed.

The Door Frame posted:

Did we bomb Texas? I know I'm young, but I think I would've heard about that

No, it was like that when we bought it from the Mexicans.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ether Frenzy posted:

We can probably even beat Indiana's meth.

No contest.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Rhyno posted:

We went to a comic-con yesterday and jesus christ, the number of incels and potential school shooters was horrifying.
But was it surprising?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
I got a daylight and sober look at that 66 Chrysler. Do not want.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

No contest.

Seattle could take em

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'm quite familiar with the rando selling mystery Mexican food from a cooler. You haven't lived until until you've reheated an enchilada you bought at 6 PM from some guy in a Circle K parking lot.

We had tamale lady in my neighborhood. Shed drive by around 4 every weekend in a beat to poo poo older Chrysler, selling tamales. 2 each or 12 for 10.

My wife would get so pissed, cause id be in the garage, buy a dozen, and bring her like 3 if I didn't finish them all.

Edit: also, as a dude from TX who lived in CA, Cali kills it on the tacos and burritos. But texmex enchiladas are better, and Chicos has the best goddamn rolled/fried tacos.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Googled this because I wanted to read the story

Holy gently caress

Like how the hell is that possible, I mean I know they upgraded everything but 12 seconds? That's crazy.

Late into this...

So first off, throw away the LMP1H fuel and energy use restrictions. So go from 500 to 720hp on the gas engine. Next throw away the electricity use restrictions... you don't get much more power because of motor limits, but they said the electric power harvested under braking and the like went up by like 30%.

Aerodynamically, add active wings to be able to trim out things on straights but still whack on huge downforce under braking and corners, and add skirts to help the underbody.

The rest is just some details like ditching weight and tweaking things. But LMP1 shaped cars are, even within the rules, far more aerodynamically efficient than F-1 cars so if you can get the power/weight ratio close they sort of murder them.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

iwentdoodie posted:

Edit: also, as a dude from TX who lived in CA, Cali kills it on the tacos and burritos. But texmex enchiladas are better, and Chicos has the best goddamn rolled/fried tacos.

Waitafuckingminute

Do we have the same home town?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Ether Frenzy posted:

No, it was like that when we bought stole it from the Mexicans.

Fixed that for you.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Waitafuckingminute

Do we have the same home town?

Nah, I've just made enough trips and stops that I know it to be true. I go out of my way every time to stop there. I'm from literally the other corner of the state though.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

Seattle could take em

The only thing Seattle can take is probiotic coffee enemas and tax rebates.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

CA has ALL the money and 1/8th the population of the US, though. And money buys drones, and drones supercede your AR-15.

Well, yes, but they're mostly limp-wristed liberal pansies, right? That's what I've been led to believe.
I'm joking - don't hurt me.

Yes, but we have maps of Texas.

You *think* you do. We move everything every few months, and don't tell anyone outside the state.

The Door Frame posted:

And we haven't spent +40 years bombing them, so the locals won't despise us

Actually, about that last part...

nm posted:

We'll just nuke them from orbit. Ever heard of Lawrence Livermore and Jet Propulsion labs? Areojet isn't closing for a bit too. We also have some big Northrop and Lockheed operations We don't need no guns. Hell Lawrence Livermore probably can just aim a big laser at Texas.

I'm not sure what you think is in Texas, or that it's all desert or something, but we do actually grow food and stuff here. We have a near-rainforest on the eastern edge. Only the west bit is a desert.
Also, we have Lockheed, Texas Instruments, and the bit of Lockheed that used to be General Dynamics, not to mention NASA. And oil. We have a bit of that.

I... can't really speak about the tacos, because somehow I managed to never get a Taco while in Cali. I am ashamed.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 10, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Indiana's meth power is nearly untouchable.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I've heard Missouri would put up a good fight in that battle

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

All states are bad, some are worse.

Civil war chat :bahgawd:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

We had tamale lady in my neighborhood. Shed drive by around 4 every weekend in a beat to poo poo older Chrysler, selling tamales. 2 each or 12 for 10.

My wife would get so pissed, cause id be in the garage, buy a dozen, and bring her like 3 if I didn't finish them all.

My wife works with a Mexican guy whos mom makes tamales for people that put in orders by the dozen. The pork tamales are always good but the jalapeno/cheese tamales are loving amazing.

BTW the next time you're in St.Pete make sure to stop by Mercado, it's a Taco joint right across from Tropicana Field downtown. The shrimp tacos are the best I've ever had, and they have a chili relleno burrito that is exactly what it says, a burrito with a chili relleno inside of it and it's incredible.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Applebees Appetizer posted:

My wife works with a Mexican guy whos mom makes tamales for people that put in orders by the dozen. The pork tamales are always good but the jalapeno/cheese tamales are loving amazing.

I miss that poo poo so much. Now all of my coworkers are grumpy white people

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Larrymer posted:

I'm staying out of it, at least.

Though to be fair, 30% of CA, meaning nearly all the Californians with guns, would fight on the side of TX.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Larrymer posted:

All states are bad, some are worse.

:getin: for some civil war chat

https://twitter.com/fordm/status/586153536037244929

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

I'd be down for all those fucks to fly that one instead.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

iwentdoodie posted:

I'd be down for all those fucks to fly that one instead.

If only.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Don't think I've mentioned it here yet, but the 20+ year old JL Audio 10" sub I put in the Crown Vic now has a rattle at low volumes (and probably at high volumes, too - you just can't hear it then). Foam surround looks OK, so I bet the suspension at the bottom of the cone took a dump. I'm hoping it just came unglued and I can fix it. If not, :rip: I bought the thing used from a customer when I worked at a stereo shop in the late '90s, and it lived, unused, in my garage pretty much from then until I put it in the Vic, because I didn't have anything with a trunk, and it needs a 1.5 cu. ft. box. I am completely amazed that the foam didn't disintegrate immediately on firing it up.
Ah, well. I want to step up to 2 10s or 12s anyway.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Doesn't Cali still do a bunch of PCP? You ever see someone fight while on PCP?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
there is zero good mexican food in the uk

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

fridge corn posted:

there is zero good food in the uk

ever since thatcher banned milk

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

NumbersMatching320 posted:

Doesn't Cali still do a bunch of PCP? You ever see someone fight while on PCP?

Meth and weed are the drugs of choice in CA. You ever see a tweaker fight for their right to California comfort (Mexican) food? It's a scary thing to behold. They'll cut you without thinking twice.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I wish that everything around the Warhammer 40k tabletop game didn't suck. It's so much fun to play and the universe has so much to work with, but it's like Games Workshop doesn't want people to play it

Real Gaiman
Apr 24, 2008
podcast chat: Hello From the Magic Tavern is a podcast about a guy who falls through a portal behind a burger king but luckily he has his podcast equipment and can still reach burger kings wifi. The premise sounds terrible and Im only a dozen episodes in but it has become my favorite listen.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Real Gaiman posted:

podcast chat: Hello From the Magic Tavern is a podcast about a guy who falls through a portal behind a burger king but luckily he has his podcast equipment and can still reach burger kings wifi. The premise sounds terrible and Im only a dozen episodes in but it has become my favorite listen.

It's one of the best podcasts, ever. And Baggle MeFingies is one of the best characters, ever.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

The Door Frame posted:

I wish that everything around the Warhammer 40k tabletop game didn't suck. It's so much fun to play and the universe has so much to work with, but it's like Games Workshop doesn't want people to play it

From what I've seen and heard, they don't. That's just want their money.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

From what I've seen and heard, they don't. That's just want their money.

Hence why there's no digital version of the tabletop game, because it will leech sales from their overpriced miniatures, paints, and codices. When the Battlefleet Gothic game and all of the new Space Hulk games came out, I got super excited, but they lead to nothing...

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

At this trailer/camper park I go in for work sometimes, there is a white manual E46 sedan that has been parked in the same spot while multiple tenants have moved through. It has quite the covering of mold and mildew.

It's crossed my mind that it would make quite the lemons racer... With all or most of the "graphics" etched into the patina of mildew. Has that been done already? Seems like low hanging fruit now that I think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
TOYOTA
GENUINE
PARTS
:suicide:

• Locked thread