Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
The quarter-cup looks kinda frustrating to pour slowly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m0therfux0r
Oct 11, 2007

me.

Casu Marzu posted:

That seems clumsy. I really like the Heinz Dip & Squeeze packs a lot of fast food places are starting to stock, though.

I know this is pretty far back on the previous page, but the reason tons of places still don't carry these (even though they were first released in like 2011) is because they have a high production failure rate. I knew someone that was an engineer for Heinz and she mentioned that the fail rate for those was WAY higher than everything else they produced, to the point that they make significantly less money off of selling them than they should. So maybe they fixed that if they're popping up more places now.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

m0therfux0r posted:

I know this is pretty far back on the previous page, but the reason tons of places still don't carry these (even though they were first released in like 2011) is because they have a high production failure rate. I knew someone that was an engineer for Heinz and she mentioned that the fail rate for those was WAY higher than everything else they produced, to the point that they make significantly less money off of selling them than they should. So maybe they fixed that if they're popping up more places now.
We don't seem to have that problem in Australia :smug:
Seriously, is the Masterfood squeezy packet patented or something?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Cool Cat Stops A School Shooting update:

Youtuber Mumkey Jones wants to be in the movie, but he's not Pewdiepie so he can't fork out the $2500 pledge that will allow him to play a speaking role. So he offered to it for free, with promising that his subscribers will help fund his Indiegogo campaign. Daddy Derek apparently agreed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1e2vIfRpRY

Now it's at $7208, up from the $2500 something it was a last week.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cool-cat-stops-a-school-shooting-a-safety-film--2#/

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
holy poo poo I just got my Confederate Express steam key

how the hell did they not just steal the money

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

WHAT

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Let me know if it turns out to not be a crypto miner or trojan or something!

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Jedit posted:

Yes, but I'm not sure the world really needs Giant Mecha Potato Head. Although seeing it written down does put doubts in my mind.

Everything is improved by making it a giant robot.

The only thing better than giant robot <thing> is giant robot thing <thing> in space and also dinosaurs that vomit lasers are somehow involved.

We might not need it exactly but who cares?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

C.M. Kruger posted:

I could see them being useful if you've got little kids who are learning fractions, but if you cook regularly you're gonna be able to recognize them by sight. Or just get a set that has clearly visible engravings/stampings instead of painted on symbols.

Yeah, also ignoring the fact that most measuring cups are already easily visually identifiable and stack neatly inside each other there's plenty of specialized measuring devices that don't have weird corners that are a pain to clean. An angled measuring cup is a particularly idiot-proof way of accurately measuring out however much you need and you only really need one.

The MSJ posted:

Cool Cat Stops A School Shooting update:

Youtuber Mumkey Jones wants to be in the movie, but he's not Pewdiepie so he can't fork out the $2500 pledge that will allow him to play a speaking role. So he offered to it for free, with promising that his subscribers will help fund his Indiegogo campaign. Daddy Derek apparently agreed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1e2vIfRpRY

Now it's at $7208, up from the $2500 something it was a last week.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cool-cat-stops-a-school-shooting-a-safety-film--2#/

I love this write-up of the guy behind Cool Cat both for the deep dive in what a loathsome person he is and for pointing out the irony of a guy who claims to be crusading against bullying turning around and himself bullying people who make fun of his videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1TjA-wE35o

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Are you all forgetting the time they sent out builds, ages ago?
I can't remember if those ever worked, or just were so wholly unremarkable nobody really talked about them.
Back in September 2017.

I am extremely curious what the hell is in whatever they've gotten onto steam though.
It just makes no sense to actually make a game years after they ran away with the money. Maybe they conned some publisher to buy the 'IP', or cover development, or something.

I remember the person who made the spritework mockups never even got paid, so I'm hella curious where any graphics are coming from.

e: They've written their own EULA.
"Summary
- Confederate Express will contain errors and bugs.
- Do not redistribute Confederate Express or any alterations of Confederate Express or Confederate Express game files.
- You may develop tools, plug-ins and services as long as they do not seem official or approved by Maksym Pashanin, such as by using Maksym Pashanin's logos. Do not make commercial use of anything Maksym Pashanin made without Maksym Pashanin's permission."

" PRIVACY POLICY
Maksym Pashanin doesn’t store any of your data, period. "

SubNat has a new favorite as of 07:17 on Apr 11, 2018

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can
Apparently there was a huge kickstarter related fraud in one of the companies that board game kickstarters were using as a distributor absconded with tons of product and money.

https://www.boardgameprices.com/articles/boarders-tabletop-game-studio-defrauds-thousands-in-kickstarter-scandal

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

SubNat posted:

Are you all forgetting the time they sent out builds, ages ago?
I can't remember if those ever worked, or just were so wholly unremarkable nobody really talked about them.
Back in September 2017.

I am extremely curious what the hell is in whatever they've gotten onto steam though.
It just makes no sense to actually make a game years after they ran away with the money. Maybe they conned some publisher to buy the 'IP', or cover development, or something.

I remember the person who made the spritework mockups never even got paid, so I'm hella curious where any graphics are coming from.

e: They've written their own EULA.
"Summary
- Confederate Express will contain errors and bugs.
- Do not redistribute Confederate Express or any alterations of Confederate Express or Confederate Express game files.
- You may develop tools, plug-ins and services as long as they do not seem official or approved by Maksym Pashanin, such as by using Maksym Pashanin's logos. Do not make commercial use of anything Maksym Pashanin made without Maksym Pashanin's permission."

" PRIVACY POLICY
Maksym Pashanin doesn’t store any of your data, period. "
The only build I ever got informed they released was Mac-only so I couldn't run it. Hell, I think I posted here about it asking if anyone had a Mac to run it on. The "EULA" that I got was hilarious and I agreed to it gladly, I think it's the first EULA I've actually read because wow was it ever batshit.

I am assuming this game is a crypto miner but, like, I still have to install and run it, right? Just to find out. Just in case it's not awful.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The only build I ever got informed they released was Mac-only so I couldn't run it. Hell, I think I posted here about it asking if anyone had a Mac to run it on. The "EULA" that I got was hilarious and I agreed to it gladly, I think it's the first EULA I've actually read because wow was it ever batshit.

I am assuming this game is a crypto miner but, like, I still have to install and run it, right? Just to find out. Just in case it's not awful.

I installed it and ran it and then completely forgot to assemble a review for the thread! Sorry!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Corporations using Kickstarter as a glorified pre-order system for existing products has reached new heights in shamelessness: not only is it for a game that already exists, it's for the best-selling PC game of all time circa 1993-2002.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Well, it's also for a very fancy limited run physical edition that's only available through the campaign.

Waffleman_ has a new favorite as of 03:20 on Apr 13, 2018

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, it's also for a very fancy limited run physical edition that's only available through the campaign.

Also to update the games so they run properly on Windows 10, and make two currently-unavailable games (Myst 3 and 4) available on digital stores. There are tons of complaints on Steam about bugs and crashing for Riven and Myst Masterpiece Edition.

Most of the requested amount was explicitly for production of the books and inkwell and pen. A lot of people are disappointed this isn't a remaster of all the games and doesn't have any intention of supporting Mac or Linux, since their team small and largely occupied with supporting Obduction and developing their upcoming game. They're looking into stretch goals now, but I wouldn't expect much in the way of coding resources.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pyroclastic posted:

Most of the requested amount was explicitly for production of the books and inkwell and pen.

I can’t deny I want that inkwell.

I don’t want it to the tune of two hundred and fifty United States dollars.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think they say they're gonna release the updated digital games no matter what.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Waffleman_ posted:

I think they say they're gonna release the updated digital games no matter what.

Yeah, the actual updating was done by GoG in exchange for timed exclusivity for the digital releases on their platform.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Maybe because it's because I'm a long time Myst fan, but I don't really see what's awful about doing a Kickstarter for a limited release physical collectors edition.

I mean, yest there is a tier that gives you only the games but they're not even remotely claiming that the Kickstarter is needed to get the games online.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
In fact if you already own the games on gog you get the update for free.

Seems like a great kickstarter to me.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rebel Yell is the realization of a comic inclusive of Southern heroes and symbols. In a city swamped by crime and dismissive of its own history and heritage, a man rises from rubble and attempts, in underdog fashion, to fight for right.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Its history and heritage as a bunch of treasonous losers? Like, I'm from the South too, but come on.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
It would be pretty easy to figure out the secret identity of that superhero, since most people don't have their eyes way up on their forehead.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Frozen-Solid posted:

Apparently there was a huge kickstarter related fraud in one of the companies that board game kickstarters were using as a distributor absconded with tons of product and money.

https://www.boardgameprices.com/articles/boarders-tabletop-game-studio-defrauds-thousands-in-kickstarter-scandal

Reading the article it doesn't appear to be a distributor, but rather a group pledging agent. Stores often get deep discounts on Kickstarter game projects for bulk orders, and shipping to places like Singapore can be a bear. A lot of the time people can set up group buys to save on both fronts.

What Boarders appeared to be doing is automating the service so you don't need to find a trustworthy backer for the group. The game that would cost you $80 + $50 shipping will cost them $60 per unit and maybe $30 shipping per unit, so they can sell to you for $100 plus local shipping and make an easy profit while still saving you money.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Its history and heritage as a bunch of treasonous losers? Like, I'm from the South too, but come on.
I think the confederate flag superhero artist doesn't have the best grasp on history.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

kjetting posted:

It would be pretty easy to figure out the secret identity of that superhero, since most people don't have their eyes way up on their forehead.

Ohmygod, it's Johnny Five-Aces!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

kjetting posted:

"No no I need you to put padding in my mask to make my head look totally spherical. These colours don't run, bend, or fold!"

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Infinitum posted:

"No no I need you to put padding in my mask to make my head look totally spherical. These colours don't run, bend, or fold!"

The only Rebel flag that mattered:

http://www.civilwar.si.edu/appomattox_flag.html

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Guy Mann posted:

Corporations using Kickstarter as a glorified pre-order system for existing products has reached new heights in shamelessness: not only is it for a game that already exists, it's for the best-selling PC game of all time circa 1993-2002.

I mean, I get what you're saying, but If Obsidian (or any collaboration team of former Black Isle whether officially Obsidian or not, idgaf) wanted to Kickstart leasing the rights back from Bethesda to re-code Fallout 1 and 2 I would break my finger hitting fund so fast.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

13Pandora13 posted:

I mean, I get what you're saying, but If Obsidian (or any collaboration team of former Black Isle whether officially Obsidian or not, idgaf) wanted to Kickstart leasing the rights back from Bethesda to re-code Fallout 1 and 2 I would break my finger hitting fund so fast.

Interesting, but I'd wait for it to release rather than back. A spiritual successor to Alpha Protocol on the other hand... :awesome:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i really should get back around to that one

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Mann posted:

Yeah, also ignoring the fact that most measuring cups are already easily visually identifiable and stack neatly inside each other there's plenty of specialized measuring devices that don't have weird corners that are a pain to clean. An angled measuring cup is a particularly idiot-proof way of accurately measuring out however much you need and you only really need one.

Or better yet, just use a scale.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

13Pandora13 posted:

Beamdog has been slowly working their way through Bioware and Black Isle's backlogs doing enhance ports and new expansions, but they haven't mentioned anything about Fallout 1 and 2 yet. Could happen eventually, though.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I seem to remember hearing that Bethsoft wasn't gonna let third parties touch their IPs again after New Vegas.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Volcott posted:

I seem to remember hearing that Bethsoft wasn't gonna let third parties touch their IPs again after New Vegas.

Why, because New Vegas was better than what they do themselves? :thunk:

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC

Volcott posted:

What a hosed up world. There is no justice. People are dumb. Et cetera.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

BattleMaster posted:

Why, because New Vegas was better than what they do themselves? :thunk:

You're not wrong, but also Zenimax doesn't really do outsourcing anymore, certainly not like they used to even just a few years ago. Instead, they've been focusing pretty much exclusive on their stable of internal studios [Bethesda, id Software, Arkane Studios, Tango Gameworks, and MachineGames].

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Volcott posted:

A lot of bridges were burned in the period immediately following FONV but some of that rage has simmered down.

Bethesda has a really weird bare-bones development style in recent years and it doesn't make much sense IMHO. Fallout 4's entire dev team was like 100 people and it shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Great Rumbler posted:

Beamdog has been slowly working their way through Bioware and Black Isle's backlogs doing enhance ports and new expansions, but they haven't mentioned anything about Fallout 1 and 2 yet. Could happen eventually, though.

God, I hope not.