Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Looking good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

Destroyers look neat, going to run a list of nothing but the bulk lander dropping destroyers now.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Sojenus posted:

Destroyers look neat, going to run a list of nothing but the bulk lander dropping destroyers now.

Where are the stats on what they do? I don't see them on the facebook group.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
I think people are going purely by looks, i didn't see any stats either.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
The PHR one certainly looks like a bulk lander, and the Shaltari have a Motherships disc thing so seems legit.

The PHR destroyer appears to be all forward arc guns? Shaltari has disintegrator and maybe particle cannon options?

Loving the prospect of more pocket carriers, surprised that UCM appear to have a torp option but so far not PHR. Really thought they would!

Aesthetically the UCM and Scourge look great, but from the pics I'm seeing I have my doubts on the PHR and Shaltari. Which is unfortunate as my fleets are PHR and Shaltari!

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

It's odd that PHR is lacking the fins every other ship has, and Shaltari is rather meh but it might make a better impression when they're fully painted. I think Scourge win best looking out of them.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Where are these pictures you're all drooling over?

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
In case you're not in the dropfleet facebook group you can find them here: http://hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10521

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

BoW have a video op from Adepticon. First half is Rumbleslam, then its Destroyers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKyXdSr_1Ws

*Each faction gets 3 variants, except for PHR who get 4.
*As we see, one hull each with variant wings etc. Some variants are faster than others?
*Some Destroyers can shoot into atmo, not all.
*Shaltari mini mothership 'to reduce Emerald spam'.
*Shaltari with long gun thing is a burn through laser with some funky special rule(s).
*Release at Salute.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Took me awhile but thats my PHR battlshipped/corvetised.

With prow options! Minos:

Heracles:

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

I like how the brass goes with the colors. I tried having switchable prows for mine but couldn't get it in a way I was happy with so just stuck with the Minos prow.

Also in battleship news going to consider this done enough after fixing up a few more dots.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Ooh pretty jelly! Rather liking your precious metals myself! What is that base colour?

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

3:1 vallejo bloody red:basalt grey. Only brown paint I had on hand was a light tan color that didn't go well with the gold so had to mix my own darker brown.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I've just got my event exclusives in the mail and I wish I'd ordered more.

The Saratoga is so cool, I wish I hadn't built any plastic New Cairos. The Remnant cruiser is a lot larger than I realised :staredog:

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer
I've always liked the look of DzC Resistance and have found a club nearby that has some players.
Generally speaking though is now a dumb time to get into it?
As I've seen a bit of uncertainty around it regarding the buyout and the new version.

Other question is how playable is the game with a starter - or are you obliged to shell out two starters/etc to get a 1-1.5K force immediately?

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Afaik open beta rules for 2.0 should be coming out soon so you miggt want to hold off on buying books.

As for minis, the starter should be fine for the first few games but you'll want to expand to at least 800 or so with a commander and a deck of cards pretty soon. No need to go straight for 1500 though, even for seasoned players 1000 points can be quite fun since you need to build slimmer armies and think carefully about how to cover all required roles.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Soggy Chips posted:

I've always liked the look of DzC Resistance and have found a club nearby that has some players.
Generally speaking though is now a dumb time to get into it?
As I've seen a bit of uncertainty around it regarding the buyout and the new version.

Other question is how playable is the game with a starter - or are you obliged to shell out two starters/etc to get a 1-1.5K force immediately?

I used to consider two starters to be a good starting point, but these days that is less true with more diverse units being in the game.

Resistance is probably the one I'd still consider doubling up on for gun wagons, the Kraken and Lifthawks.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Resistance starter is like almost twice as much as the others because of resin though.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

wdarkk posted:

Resistance starter is like almost twice as much as the others because of resin though.

Yeah, but it's a big discount over buying more of the stuff in it separately. Or at least was last time I looked.

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer
Salute is this weekend and there are some crazy rear end deals going on.
Sadly the resistance starter appears to be rare for some reason.

Assuming everything was crazy cheap/money was no object what would one buy to get 1500 points of UCM?
2x Starters + a bunch of blisters?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Soggy Chips posted:

Salute is this weekend and there are some crazy rear end deals going on.
Sadly the resistance starter appears to be rare for some reason.

Assuming everything was crazy cheap/money was no object what would one buy to get 1500 points of UCM?
2x Starters + a bunch of blisters?

Where are you seeing these deals? I'm hoping to pick up some Dropfleet.

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer
Fired you through a PM with the DfC stuff.
So is it worth picking up an fleet deal for 50 pounds then?

UCM wise, 2 starters, a kodiak and a droneship seem like a decent start.
What else would be worth picking up?

Soggy Chips fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Apr 10, 2018

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
I'd hold off for a week until the new rules come out and we have a better idea of the changes. Most of the UCM starter stuff doesn't get used in competitive lists in mk1. Otherwise "whatever is cheap second hand".

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer
hmmmmm it's just very hard to resist starters for 10 quid.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Uh, I'll be buying a lot of dropfleet.

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer

TTerrible posted:

Uh, I'll be buying a lot of dropfleet.

:homebrew: is the general theme of Salute I'm getting

alchahest
Dec 28, 2004
Universal Solvent
deals you say?

where might one see said deals?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Salute, it's the UK's biggest show and it is happening this Saturday in London.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I saw an ad for a retailer selling Dropzone small blisters at £5 each at salute so yeah, there's some deals to be had. If I had any spare cash and excuse to blow it I'd be on my way down and building my fledgling Resistance army up!

£10 starters is a bargain for medium transports alone.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
If the plastic cruiser deals are as good as they seem to be, I'm tempted to pick up enough to have a maximum sized group of each variant for UCM. I'm close already.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Simple Miniature Games is the one I saw advertising BTW.

They are also doing Knight Models and Malifaux deals so its a good thing I'm not going otherwise they'd end up with the deeds to my house.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

New Dessies are up for pre-order, and rules are available on TT Website.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0965/1274/files/UCM_Destroyers.pdf?12387444164048611679

The Havannah looks bunk.

VVV yeah this ship looks rad.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Apr 13, 2018

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Kiev looks cool as hell

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

TTerrible posted:

Kiev looks cool as hell

So "Atmospheric" is intended to counter corvette and dropship spam? I'm digging it, but I kind of want a heavier ship with an Atmospheric Strafe weapon.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Those look cool. I'm slightly concerned/interested in what happens when someone spams the light torpedo one, as they seem at least okay in close action and you can really mess with someones mind by throwing out like 9 torpedoes in a turn...

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I feel like the L2 classification is a bit clunky.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

TTerrible posted:

I feel like the L2 classification is a bit clunky.

I guess once the game has started it's simple enough? I think they failed to future proof the tonnages while getting the game out the door tbh. Dreadnoughts will probably be S2 if this is an indication.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Ugleb posted:

I guess once the game has started it's simple enough? I think they failed to future proof the tonnages while getting the game out the door tbh. Dreadnoughts will probably be S2 if this is an indication.

Yeah, there wasn't much room to start slotting stuff in between what they launched with. It'll work out in the end.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Pash posted:

Those look cool. I'm slightly concerned/interested in what happens when someone spams the light torpedo one, as they seem at least okay in close action and you can really mess with someones mind by throwing out like 9 torpedoes in a turn...

Not much I suspect as torpedoes are shite and need help. The Vancouver looks cool tho!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
All they need to do to fix torpedoes is to swap attacks and damage!

I like that most of these destroyers do new things. Blockade runners in particular look really interesting but are probably a bit too tough.