Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Mung Dynasty posted:

RDR just got a 4K update for the world's most powerful console.

I don't see a patch out for it yet but I imagine they're just rolling it out now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
*sigh* still no jet set radio...

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
New original Xbox back compact games announced, too, for the next couple weeks:

4/17
Blinx: The Time Sweeper
Breakdown
Conker: Live & Reloaded
The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
Hunter: The Reckoning
Jade Empire
Panzer Dragoon Orta
SSX 3

4/26
Destroy All Humans!
Full Spectrum Warrior
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
MX Unleashed
Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory (Europe only)
Star Wars: Battlefront
Star Wars: Battlefront 2
Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Star Wars: Republic Commando

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ryoga posted:

But we have Star Wars Battlefront II now!

No, the other Star Wars Battlefront II.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You can't have both Star Wars Battlefront IIs on the same console. The universe will implode.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

Cojawfee posted:

You can't have both Star Wars Battlefront IIs on the same console. The universe will implode.

The Xbox 1 Star Wars Battlefront II, not to be confused with the XBox One Star Wars Battlefront II.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Le Saboteur posted:

Jade Empire and KOTOR 2 getting added to original Xbox backwards compatibility among others. https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/10/17221474/xbox-one-backward-compatibility-panzer-dragoon-orta

Finally jfc, also lol at not even mentioning panzer dragoon orta the best game on that list...xbox finally saved

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Are battlefront servers going up or is it just going to be bots?

At least republic commando is coming that game is cool

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Are battlefront servers going up or is it just going to be bots?

At least republic commando is coming that game is cool

I'm pretty sure when they originally announced Xbox 1 games on the Xbox One, it was specifically underlined that the servers would stay down. Did they say otherwise this time around?

4K patches for Portal 2, RDR2 and Gears of War 2, though.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finally, the both better and worse version of Conker is released on the Bone.

But seriously despite everyone saying Breakdown is an experience almost no one will buy it much less finish it

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ryoga posted:

Also no Metal Wolf Chaos or Shenmue II, loving get it together Microsoft

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Look at all those games that aren't Freedom Fighters

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Hellblade drops at 9pm tonight and I personally am stoked to be hearing voices.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Yes motherfucking Mercenaries. That was my number one want when they announced the original Xbox back compat program.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Red Warrior posted:

Yes motherfucking Mercenaries. That was my number one want when they announced the original Xbox back compat program.

The original x-com?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I've had Panzer Dragoon on my mind for awhile now too.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

ixnay posted:

New original Xbox back compact games announced, too, for the next couple weeks:

4/17
Blinx: The Time Sweeper

MOTHERFUCK YES.

ixnay posted:

4/26
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction

Eh, okay sure.

Furry Hunter
May 5, 2005
Professional Fursecutor

Mung Dynasty posted:

RDR just got a 4K update for the world's most powerful console.

I bought the One X for RDR2 and to replay RDR. The X already stabilized the frame rate a lot. This looks fantastic!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I wish more 360 games got the 4K treatment because now I’m about to buy RDR again. Skate 3 looks great too. I wish KOTOR would get one.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Welp, time to start another playthrough of RDR, I guess. Shame we never got a PC port, but playing the game at 4K on the BoneX should be pretty nice.

I'm assuming Rockstar still hasn't fixed the game-breaking bugs in Undead Nightmare, because they're too busy making all the money with GTA Online.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Apr 11, 2018

Barudak
May 7, 2007

univbee posted:

Also no Metal Wolf Chaos or Shenmue II, loving get it together Microsoft

Metal Wolf Chaos better be an E3 reveal.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
RDR is so good, I've played it twice now - once on release, again when it came out on Back Compat - and I always quit midway through because "I don't want it to end".... might be time to finally play it to the finale now.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

Metal Wolf Chaos better be an E3 reveal.

Sorry no time. Too many sick exclusive marketing deals this year

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Doc Morbid posted:

I'm assuming Rockstar still hasn't fixed the game-breaking bugs in Undead Nightmare, because they're too busy making all the money with GTA Online.

I never had any issues and I got to the game pretty late, so they must have patched it at some point. :shrug:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I never had any issues and I got to the game pretty late, so they must have patched it at some point. :shrug:
Rockstar broke it with the last RDR title update in 2014. Which is fair enough since by that point nobody was playing RDR, but then it was made playable on the Bone and Undead Nightmare wasn't fixed, so the game still shits itself unless you roll back to an unpatched version (obviously not possible on the Bone). After 15 minutes or so, the zombies become invisible aside from their clothes and behave like normal enemies, the game crashes, saves get corrupted, and all that fun stuff.

This also happens on PS3.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You get to keep GWG 360 games regardless of if your sub is current right?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

veni veni veni posted:

Correct. The Bone games nobody cares about disappear.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Does the regular Bone get any upgrades for 360 games? Or is it just "we barely got this working, here you go." I would figure if they could make them run at 4K on the X, they could make them run at 1080p on the regular bone.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Motherfuckin SSX3, the greatest snowboarding game of all time. Now in 4K on the world’s most powerful console.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Cojawfee posted:

Does the regular Bone get any upgrades for 360 games? Or is it just "we barely got this working, here you go." I would figure if they could make them run at 4K on the X, they could make them run at 1080p on the regular bone.

Most 360 games run smoother and at higher average frame rates than they did on the original hardware. And if the title did dynamic resolution scaling on the original hardware they'll stay at higher resolution more often on the bone even the non x.

They don't seem to have explicitly added 1080p modes to former 720p games that have 4k upgrade on the X, but those games should still run better than they did before.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

So are they just running the 720p textures at 4K instead of making new 4K textures? Should’ve just bought a ps4.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

TheScott2K posted:

Correct. The Bone games nobody cares about disappear.

noice!

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Blind Rasputin posted:

So are they just running the 720p textures at 4K instead of making new 4K textures? Should’ve just bought a ps4.

Depends on the games but usually the original assets were designed for higher resolution than their final console release did, so they do look significantly better than you'd think just from that. Then some of the more important games get engine tweaks to do hdr and straight up new in game assets to take advantage of that.

Eg a lot of games on the 360/ps3 would have graphics made that were originally designed for 1080p rendering (possible higher res for a PC port too) and then it's time to ship and the games only stable at 1024x600 rendering or similar. Hell there's a bunch of Xbox/PS2 titles that would be seen mostly in 480 or rarely 720, but the games also in development for PC so all the assets can handle a nice big 1600x1200 fancy gamer CRT.

fishmech fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Apr 11, 2018

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Honestly, the 360 Xbox One X enhanced games look like remasters from my experience. They look fantastic. Better than a lot of Xbox One games. I'm pumped to see RDR.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Browsing the store for bc games, check price on spec ops the line...29.99 lmao

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Also lol at games that are still listed on the store but have been barred from digital sales like deadly premonition. Great look there.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Imagine how excited you'd all be if there was some new games available for this thing!

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
ah yes new games the only type of game

if seeing people get hyped about old games on their new ststems upsets you please do not read the steam thread

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

I believe on the Xbone you lose access to all GWGs when your sub runs out, including Xbox 360 games. On a real 360 you keep them permanently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
The one X would be a killer deal for anyone looking to replay some of these old games if they would drop the price a little bit. The more people that might get to play gems like Jade Empire the better!