Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

PhazonLink posted:

Is there a reason Hannity isn't also bashing Colbert for wife#8934954378 jokes?

Or is it because Colbert would destroy Hannity?

lol, Colbert is probably more widely watched and yeah, Colbert would make a fool out of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Vargatron posted:

I have never seen anything like this before and it's seriously worrying that "news media" is being reduced to this kind of thing.

it's OK, though

https://twitter.com/justinjm1/status/983383209424670721

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

AsInHowe posted:

Sinclair is really freaking out by getting exposed, which is great.

how come none of these dumbasses just ignore it.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

The next logical step is preempting any Democratic election ads with "this advertisement comes from a biased source".

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

PhazonLink posted:

Is there a reason Hannity isn't also bashing Colbert for wife#8934954378 jokes?

Or is it because Colbert would destroy Hannity?

I'm pretty sure he tried that months ago and it didn't work. That was after he tried going after Maddow and it didn't work.

He'll keep on Kimmel until it becomes clear its not going to accomplish anything. Then he'll target Trevor Noah or John Oliver or Seth Myers or someone else in an effort to prove he's powerful and can take people down that the liberals are the real bad guys.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

in an effort to prove he's powerful and can take people down

Someone please post the crossfit punching gif where he looks like a total lamer. tia.

Also reminder about the context of that gif, at the time he constantly bragged on bird site and retorted to people "bro how much can you lift?"

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
So if the FBI had raided Obama's lawyer's office or, had Hillary been elected, done the same, anyone think it would have been declared a witch hunt?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

So if the FBI had raided Obama's lawyer's office or, had Hillary been elected, done the same, anyone think it would have been declared a witch hunt?

Obama was squeaky clean so I'm pretty sure if they raided him, it would actually be seen as a witch hunt.

Pretty sure a few people would look at the FBI (who historically tried to get MLK to kill himself) raiding the first black President, who again, had nary a scandal aside from mustard and kahki suits, as a hosed up thing.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

BiggerBoat posted:

So if the FBI had raided Obama's lawyer's office

Where did you think they found the birth certificate?

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Chilichimp posted:

lol, Colbert is probably more widely watched and yeah, Colbert would make a fool out of him.
Bitching about comedians is a stupid move in general because it amounts to screaming "please do an entire segment on me featuring the most embarrassing things about me that you can find," but in that case it would also be Hannity vs. a guy who built his career on parodying Fox News pundits, so yeah.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I just want to see Hannity take a swing at John Oliver. Oh sweet baby Jesus, the main story piece on LWT would be glorious... It's only a matter of time, isn't it?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

OneEightHundred posted:

Bitching about comedians is a stupid move in general because it amounts to screaming "please do an entire segment on me featuring the most embarrassing things about me that you can find," but in that case it would also be Hannity vs. a guy who built his career on parodying Fox News pundits, so yeah.

Yeah that makes me think about Trump bitching about people making fun of him.

It's like bro, you're the god damned President of the United States. You will get made fun of. That's one of the most visible positions on the planet. The best option is to just shrug and roll with it. It also looks really, really bad when the POTUS starts screaming at comedians as it's a sure fire way to get people to label you either a tyrant or somebody who would love to be a tyrant.

Granted it's extra special when the right wing hate machine is attacking comedians they don't like as they're the ones screaming about "well it's freedom of speech, I can say whatever I want!" Then they turn around and go "gently caress you, shut up person who doesn't agree with me. Shut up forever. Liberals are traitors let's lock them all in jail. Fake news media!!!! LIBERAL BIAS!!!!!"

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
https://twitter.com/GreggJarrett/status/983746744705077248

quote:

Fox News legal analyst Gregg Jarrett reveals the real story behind Hillary Clinton’s deep state collaborators
in government and exposes their nefarious actions during and after the 2016 election.

The Russia Hoax reveals how persons within the FBI and Barack Obama’s Justice Department worked
improperly to help elect Hillary Clinton and defeat Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential election.

When this suspected effort failed, those same people appear to have pursued a contrived investigation of
President Trump in an attempt to undo the election results and remove him as president.

The evidence suggests that partisans within the FBI and the Department of Justice, driven by personal animus
and a misplaced sense of political righteousness, surreptitiously acted to subvert electoral democracy in our country.

The book will examine:

-How did Hillary Clinton manage to escape prosecution despite compelling evidence she violated the law?
-Did Peter Strzok, James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Loretta Lynch, and others obstruct justice by protecting Clinton?
-Why was there never a legitimate criminal investigation of Clinton in the Uranium One case?
-Are the text messages exchanged between Strzok and FBI lawyer Lisa Page evidence of a concerted effort to undermine the electoral process?
-Was there ever any real evidence of "collusion" between Trump and the Russians?
-Did Trump obstruct justice in the firing of Comey or was he legally exercising his constitutional authority?
-Did the FBI and DOJ improperly use a discredited "dossier" about Trump to obtain a FISA warrant to spy on Trump associates?
-Should Muller have disqualified himself under the special counsel law based on glaring conflicts of interest?
-Was fired National Security Adviser Michael Flynn unfairly charged with making a false statement?
-With insightful analysis and a fact-filled narrative, The Russia Hoax delves deeply into Democrat wrongdoing.

Avirosb fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Apr 11, 2018

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
I'd really like to know how widespread the belief of this rat tail of delusional accusations is in the populace.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Rush and Sean have been on loving fire with this "Deep State" crap and yesterday's FBI raid only exacerbated it. Add "attorney client privilege" to the long list of things that Trump and FOX News don't know about.

If Trump denied knowing about the payment or even having sex with the woman, there is no attorney client privilege. But I guess, as Limbaugh said yesterday, the entire goal is to "get Trump".

Well, yeah, if he's committed crimes, I suppose that's true, you authoritarian assholes.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Attorney client privilege does not extend to you telling your attorney you are about to commit crimes nor does it protect an attorney who willingly committed crimes in your employ. This isn't even up for debate, GOP. They just simply no longer live in reality.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Hannity might be stupid enough to not know what's real or not but Rush is smart enough to know everything he's saying is a lie.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

BiggerBoat posted:

Rush and Sean have been on loving fire with this "Deep State" crap and yesterday's FBI raid only exacerbated it. Add "attorney client privilege" to the long list of things that Trump and FOX News don't know about.

If Trump denied knowing about the payment or even having sex with the woman, there is no attorney client privilege. But I guess, as Limbaugh said yesterday, the entire goal is to "get Trump".

Well, yeah, if he's committed crimes, I suppose that's true, you authoritarian assholes.

The Deep State stuff is very strange and weird. I understand the appeal to normal people who are powerless and live lives far removed from the power structures that be, but I absolutely do not understand where Fox News is headed with it. It just seems like an excellent way to make the gears of the government hate you, and to die by a thousand paper cuts.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Deep State is just a way to blame Democrats for everything, despite having a Republican majority in every level of government and they STILL can't get anything done.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I bet some of those answers reach new levels of Nutbar Far-Right Crazy.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

paternity suitor posted:

The Deep State stuff is very strange and weird. I understand the appeal to normal people who are powerless and live lives far removed from the power structures that be, but I absolutely do not understand where Fox News is headed with it. It just seems like an excellent way to make the gears of the government hate you, and to die by a thousand paper cuts.

it's just code for "obama's behind all of it!!"

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

At what point does Hilary have the right to sue for libel?

Radish posted:

Hannity might be stupid enough to not know what's real or not but Rush is smart enough to know everything he's saying is a lie.

Hannity is a True Believer.

Rush has a gold-plated microphone. He knows exactly what he's doing.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Apr 11, 2018

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Chilichimp posted:

She could probably have done so a long time ago but

1. It would "prove them right".
2. She's too rich to care and would prefer them just making fools out of themselves.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Like... this book is literally subversive misinformation. That's all it could be, unless the title of the book is misleading.

I'm tired of free speech being interpreted to be carte blanche to say whatever the hell you want without debate or correction when what you're saying is demonstrably false.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Chilichimp posted:

She's always had the right, but as a very public figure she'd need to prove a lot more than "they lied about me."

It's the same reason that, for all of his blustering, Trump hasn't actually tried to sue the comedians making exaggerated mockeries of him.

JUICY HAMBUGAR
Nov 10, 2010

Eating, America's pastime.
Like every other day I think about how easy it'd be to make a living in the right wing grift machine, if I were pretty anyway.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Koalas March posted:

Obama was squeaky clean so I'm pretty sure if they raided him, it would actually be seen as a witch hunt.

Pretty sure a few people would look at the FBI (who historically tried to get MLK to kill himself) raiding the first black President, who again, had nary a scandal aside from mustard and kahki suits, as a hosed up thing.

Excuse me, you forgot the worst scandal of all:

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

seiferguy posted:

Excuse me, you forgot the worst scandal of all:

Of course, Obama should have been holding the umbrella for the Marine.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

JUICY HAMBUGAR posted:

Like every other day I think about how easy it'd be to make a living in the right wing grift machine, if I were pretty anyway.

Are you male? You don’t need to be attractive if you’re male.

Hell if you’re a member of a minority group they’ll book you on the spot if you’re willing to sell out and denounce your own group.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Lightning Knight posted:

Are you male? You don’t need to be attractive if you’re male.

Hell if you’re a member of a minority group they’ll book you on the spot if you’re willing to sell out and denounce your own group.

In fact it is preferable that you aren't attractive, lest those strange thoughts come back for the Male viewers.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Keeshhound posted:

She's always had the right, but as a very public figure she'd need to prove a lot more than "they lied about me."

It's the same reason that, for all of his blustering, Trump hasn't actually tried to sue the comedians making exaggerated mockeries of him.

Their campaign of sustained smearing over the last 20 years cost her the office of the President of the United States.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vargatron posted:

Of course, Obama should have been holding the umbrella for the Marine.

The stuff like this and when he saluted with a coffee in his hand were always so hilarious to me. The idiot ARE TROOPS types foaming at the mouth as if the servicemembers chosen for the president's detail aren't psyched for the assignment.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

bango skank posted:

The stuff like this and when he saluted with a coffee in his hand were always so hilarious to me. The idiot ARE TROOPS types foaming at the mouth as if the servicemembers chosen for the president's detail aren't psyched for the assignment.

The core underlying theme behind things like this is a fundamental anger that the military has any degree of civilian control or owes any degree of deference to civilian government.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

thats some grade A new low/bullshit right there. there is evidence out thats(documents and poo poo) not to mention the DNA stuff.

Koalas March posted:

the FBI does/did shity poo poo(like all law enforcement) but most of the truly awful racist poo poo(targeting of civil rights leaders/liberals/leftists) died with hoover. I doubt they are investigating obama or even clinton.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

the FBI does/did shity poo poo(like all law enforcement) but most of the truly awful racist poo poo(targeting of civil rights leaders/liberals/leftists) died with hoover.

trump_wrong.gif

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/03/legislators-worried-fbi-term-black-identity-extremist-180320195356667.html

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

My US History teacher went on a whole spiel last Monday about how it probably wasn’t Thomas Jefferson who raped Sally Hemings, but Jefferson’s brother or nephew.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lightning Knight posted:

The core underlying theme behind things like this is a fundamental anger that the military has any degree of civilian control or owes any degree of deference to civilian government.

Service guarantees citizenship!

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

bango skank posted:

Service guarantees citizenship!

I legit thought that book was so cool and right in seventh grade. Man I’m glad I read 1984 right after.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/983889657820626944

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Chilichimp posted:

Their campaign of sustained smearing over the last 20 years cost her the office of the President of the United States.

I really hope that's a joke.