Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Avengers #687

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dats da good poo poo right dere

How did Banner Hulk come back? I thought Amadeus Cho was currently Hulk?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

It turns out Hulk is immortal and was just convinced enough that he was dead to keep lying there. The new status quo for the character is that he always comes back after he dies, and the intention seems to be for his book to have more of a horror comic-y feel than Hulk normally does.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Banner has been riding that guilt horse dick for almost 60 years. He ain't about to stop now.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Well I mean it was kind of the old status quo too. The future version of him got murdered and had his body completely destroyed, so he just.....hung around as a ghost until he could absorb enough energy to be reborn. Killing the Hulk is entirely possible, it just doesn't matter. You'd have to kill him and destroy his soul or some such, otherwise he'll just come back.

Bruce Banner is very, very angry.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Can someone break down what exactly Banner's deal is here? And what's with Hawkeye and the arrow stuff? I have very little idea of what's going on.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah wait I thought Banner was KILLED by Hawkeye?

So the Hulk was Double Dog Dead?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Banner gave Hawkeye the means to kill him, which placed the burden of doing so on him, which is what he's referring to. And yeah, they thought Hulk was dead, but he wasn't, and came back intelligent but uncaring (at best, evil at worst), and in his battle seems to have killed Pod and certainly severely hurt Red Hulk.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Bruce was worried about about being a danger to others, and gave Hawkeye a special arrow that he thought would be able to kill him, and the Hulk, for good, along with instructions to shoot him with it if it looked like the Hulk was beginning to emerge.

In the pretty terrible Civil War 2 event, an inhuman who had reliable visions of the future prophesied the Hulk going on a rampage and killing a bunch of heroes, causing a bunch of heroes to go and confront Banner at his house. Hawkeye thinks he sees a glint of green in Bruce's eyes, and shoots him stone dead with the special arrow.

He wasn't permanently dead, though, and only stayed dead so long because he was convinced the arrow had killed him and Banner didn't want to be alive anyway, so was suppressing the Hulk from resurrecting himself. But this is sold as, "oh, it really SHOULD have killed him, except it turns out the Hulk is actually 100% no backsies immortal and just resurrects himself after dying".

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Android Blues posted:

Bruce was worried about about being a danger to others, and gave Hawkeye a special arrow that he thought would be able to kill him, and the Hulk, for good, along with instructions to shoot him with it if it looked like the Hulk was beginning to emerge.

In the pretty terrible Civil War 2 event, an inhuman who had reliable visions of the future prophesied the Hulk going on a rampage and killing a bunch of heroes, causing a bunch of heroes to go and confront Banner at his house. Hawkeye thinks he sees a glint of green in Bruce's eyes, and shoots him stone dead with the special arrow.

He wasn't permanently dead, though, and only stayed dead so long because he was convinced the arrow had killed him and Banner didn't want to be alive anyway, so was suppressing the Hulk from resurrecting himself. But this is sold as, "oh, it really SHOULD have killed him, except it turns out the Hulk is actually 100% no backsies immortal and just resurrects himself after dying".

God self fulfilling prophecies are stupid cornerstones for stories

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
This was entirely foreshadowed five(?) decades ago when they revealed the Hulk can see astral projections.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Hulk's superpowers are immortality and pants.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

PMush Perfect posted:

Hulk's superpowers are immortality and pants.

But, Hulk hate pants?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Toshimo posted:

But, Hulk hate pants?

No, Hulk like pants just fine. Hulk just very bad friend to pants.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Hulk only friend to purple pants. Purple is the best color.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

goatface posted:

This was entirely foreshadowed five(?) decades ago when they revealed the Hulk can see astral projections.

I always liked the fan theory that Hulk could see Astral forms was because the one thing the Hulk feared was his Dad coming back from the dead. So logically the Hulk have himself the ability to see ghosts so he wouldn't get jumped by him.

The Hulk being able to come back from the dead makes sense if you consider that the Hulk's powers are all based on a child's Looney Tunes style logic on super powers.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
The weirder part is that the Hulk isn't the only one that can see astral forms, Bruce can too. So it's like, did his weird Hulk bullshit give him that power and it's one that he can just happen to use in his normal form, or in addition to being the Hulk can Bruce Banner just also see ghosts?

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Hulk is sometimes friend of blue and brown pants.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Mulva posted:

The weirder part is that the Hulk isn't the only one that can see astral forms, Bruce can too. So it's like, did his weird Hulk bullshit give him that power and it's one that he can just happen to use in his normal form, or in addition to being the Hulk can Bruce Banner just also see ghosts?

He just doesn't want to hulk out about something and suddenly discover there's a bunch of magician pervs hoping to catch sight of his green monster.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Banner has been riding that guilt horse dick for almost 60 years. He ain't about to stop now.

My favorite moment of this was that Original Sin tie-in where Stark responded to Banner's suicidal moping with angrily cursing him out ("Don't make me angry..." "Then don't make me angry, Bruce! You always make me so drat angry!"). It's surely not how someone should act in that kind of situation, but Stark's response was so raw and honest.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I legitimately want someone to respond to "Don't make me angry..." with "I would PREFER you to be angry, at least the Hulk is less melodramatic!"

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Then your alternative is the Hulk smashing your rear end.

Original Sin had some good tie ins. The Avengers one is great, even though (or perhaps because) it had nothing to do with the event.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Open Marriage Night posted:

:eyepop:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

I didn't know Chuck Tingle wrote for Marvel Comics

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Gif
https://i.imgur.com/nTquZpa.mp4

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

god willing

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

:psyduck:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

I appreciate this more than I should honestly, especially because I've seen the source gif

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Mister Miracle #8
Scott Free and Big Barda recently had a baby.

They're both commanders in a harrowing war and take turns leading the fight and taking care of the kid.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I got into Mister Miracle expecting something very different from what I'm getting. I hate to say it, cause I liked Vision and Omega Men, but it's lost me. It's very painfully obvious what is going on, and it feels like it should have wrapped up a couple of issues ago, and it's only on issue eight.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Does anybody have the panels from the last issue of Mighty Thor where Odin is thanking Jane for what she did in the previous issue as a lead-up to opening the doors to Valhalla for her?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Here ya go.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

See you in 6 months when you get resurrected during the next event!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Infinitum posted:

See you in 6 months when you get resurrected during the next event!

Don’t think that’s the case

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Infinitum posted:

See you in 6 months when you get resurrected

*Six pages

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
everyone gets resurrected in time for dinner in valhalla anyway

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Pretty sure that's allowed if you're a god.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Bill, son of Bill is still dead.

If I was one of those musical nerds who writes songs about songs about zombies and Star Trek I would totally write The Ballad of Bill (Son of Bill).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
His name is William the Warrior and he will be remembered forever!