Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

Made a bunch of mistakes, but I finally finished my 1/48 Mega-Size Zaku 2!

Fffeck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

Taintrunner posted:

This thing looks dope as hell, my friend

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

That paintjob is EXQUISITE. Well done!

KoB
May 1, 2009
Zaku II sucks, im more of a Borjarnon boy myself.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Isn't there supposed to be a kapool Haro model coming out for build divers? I want one

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

Isn't there supposed to be a kapool Haro model coming out for build divers? I want one

You mean the Momo Kapool?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

This looks real nice, though you may want to fill in the seam lines next time and the painting on the axe is a little thick/uneven.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

That's the one. People like bearguys but I like this one

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Monaghan posted:

This looks real nice, though you may want to fill in the seam lines next time and the painting on the axe is a little thick/uneven.

Yeah, I had some trouble with using Liquid Chrome for the first time and dealing with the Mega Zaku's seams while painting. This is like, my third painted build.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Why must bandai taunt me so

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/hyzara_LEX/status/983295197365788672

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Taintrunner posted:

Yeah, I had some trouble with using Liquid Chrome for the first time and dealing with the Mega Zaku's seams while painting. This is like, my third painted build.

t-third painted build...

Time to go box away all my models in shame

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

t-third painted build...

Lacquer is addictive for the eyes

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

t-third painted build...

I started like... last year. I’m pretty slow!

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Kitbashing Frame Arms stuff since a friend challenged me to make those leg boosters fit on the Rapier Zephyr's legs. I had to trim plastic off the calf armor to get the knees to function, but overall I didn't have to do a whole lot.
(still sorta dusty, it's been sitting untouched on my shelf for years now.)

Maybe I should paint this up, it might look pretty good! Any suggestions for color scheme?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

Rad, my dude.

idgi

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Midjack posted:

Rad, my dude.

idgi

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

It's definitely a good riff on that but I need to research what it is. Thanks for putting me on the track!

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Midjack posted:

It's definitely a good riff on that but I need to research what it is. Thanks for putting me on the track!

It's Pop Team Epic, a comedy 4koma manga that recently got an anime. This is a particular favorite of mine:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpJzG77zztc

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Ok, something went wrong here. Anyone know what?

It’s Vallejo Mecha paint, future top coat, and mr Mark setter. Doesn’t seem to be going poorly anywhere else on the kit. Any ideas, or more importantly how to fix it?

Xy Hapu
Mar 7, 2004

I've had future that hadn't cured long enough react like that to prolonged exposure to water, was the wet decal/backing on for a while?

I'd start with an eraser and try to abrade it off, or work up the stages of the polishing end of a nail buffing stick, then topcoat again. If it's not wearing off that doesn't look too bad to touch up with a brush, really thinned paint to blend the edges and a topcoat will probably have it back close to normal.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Xy Hapu posted:

I've had future that hadn't cured long enough react like that to prolonged exposure to water, was the wet decal/backing on for a while?

I'd start with an eraser and try to abrade it off, or work up the stages of the polishing end of a nail buffing stick, then topcoat again. If it's not wearing off that doesn't look too bad to touch up with a brush, really thinned paint to blend the edges and a topcoat will probably have it back close to normal.

Future had cured for about 60 hours. It wasn't on there for a particularly long time when it happened, less than a minute.

I think it might be a reaction between the mark setter and a bit of lighter fluid that wasn't totally wiped off from cleaning up some panel lining. I was able to touch is up with hand painting, though I'm not sure I like it. I might end up doing something more to it in the future.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Got around to watching the new episode of Build Divers and Sarah becomes sick, almost to the point of throwing up at one point, seeing all those GN Drives. Sarah appears to be the only character in the show thus far I think is ok for some reason.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Unironically want Bandai to release a Borjarnon model kit.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Unironically want Bandai to release a Borjarnon model kit.

gently caress it man, if that's what needs to happen to open the door to some Turn A grunts then bring on the Zaku 2's with bonus grenade and tied-together missile accessories.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Straight out of left field, the ReGelgu goes up on P-Bandai today.

http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000124859

You know, in case that was a thing that anybody wanted. ...anybody? ...no? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I guess they have the Garibaldy molds already so why not.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Neurolimal posted:

gently caress it man, if that's what needs to happen to open the door to some Turn A grunts then bring on the Zaku 2's with bonus grenade and tied-together missile accessories.

Zaku 2s? I don't know why you'd bring them up. I'm talking about Borjarnons.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
So I just saw the craziest thing. I was cutting pieces off of a normal plastic sprue, and I cut out a particularly large one.

The one large piece was actually three or four smaller pieces connected by ball and socket joints and made with multiple types of plastic. How in the gently caress are these even made?!

Upon closer inspection, it looks like a bunch of custom poly caps were molded right onto parts of the internal frame. This poo poo is nuts.

For reference: Build Strike Gundam Full Package [RG System Image Color].

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Solkanar512 posted:

So I just saw the craziest thing. I was cutting pieces off of a normal plastic sprue, and I cut out a particularly large one.

The one large piece was actually three or four smaller pieces connected by ball and socket joints and made with multiple types of plastic. How in the gently caress are these even made?!

Upon closer inspection, it looks like a bunch of custom poly caps were molded right onto parts of the internal frame. This poo poo is nuts.

Someone's discovered the wonders of the RG inner frames :allears:.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Solkanar512 posted:

Bandai makes every other model manufacturer look like simpletons.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

RillAkBea posted:

Straight out of left field, the ReGelgu goes up on P-Bandai today.

http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000124859

You know, in case that was a thing that anybody wanted. ...anybody? ...no? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Man I love the Gelgoog but this is, uhh, a bit much.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Argas posted:

Bandai makes every other model manufacturer look like simpletons.

Part of it is because they throw a looooot of money at RnD then try to patent every technique they develop.

For example they let one RnD team just have at it for 2 years trying to create more realistic out-of-box skin molding and the result is something that looks as good as PVC models twice the price and they've put in a patent application on the technology that allows for it so nobody else can use it.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

RillAkBea posted:

Part of it is because they throw a looooot of money at RnD then try to patent every technique they develop.

For example they let one RnD team just have at it for 2 years trying to create more realistic out-of-box skin molding and the result is something that looks as good as PVC models twice the price and they've put in a patent application on the technology that allows for it so nobody else can use it.

On one hand gently caress patents and IP law in general that extends beyond ~5 years after release, on the other hand it's pretty clever forward thinking in a hobby that still regularly sells 40 year old models

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Sandrock arrived so I now have a legitimate backlog. Heavyarms is deep into the details painting (and finding parts I forgot to prime), and for some reason I started on Shenlong's red booties.

But it would be such a shame not to have all the Wing pilot models together, even if I don't care for the Deathscythe EW design, or the Wing in general.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't know if the food stuff is all by one guy or if it's a trend, but either way it's good

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
So the Gunpla Club podcast pointed me to Ireland-based[url=https://hobbyfrontline.com/]Hobby Frontline who carry gunpla at decent prices and who can get kits to me in days instead of an indeterminate number of months. Didn't have much of an agenda since I'm waiting on some new releases but I saw they carry P-Bandai and even have the GNX IV in stock. So I decided to pull the trigger, I don't think the Ogre will have all that I want (the base GNX IV head, the shields) So, yay? Was a lot but for a kit and design I'm keen on, and might enable a kitbash I want to do.

Sadly didn't have the IBO kits I wanted in stock, but I might be better off ordering from Japan anyway, I'm just moving so don't know where I will be when it get's delivered. Now I just have to see if I have the fortitude to cut this thing up.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
Went ahead and did another kit, SD Neo Zeong:

To start, the SD Sinanju it comes with:

As an aside, gently caress SD EX kits, they're such garbage compared to actual SD kits:

The Neo Zeong itself:

With Sinanju piloting it:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

asterioth posted:

As an aside, gently caress SD EX kits, they're such garbage compared to actual SD kits:

Harsh words, considering traditional SD kits are pretty fuckin' bad.