Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So can I just say the show sucks but Ogg rules

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/walking-dead-star-steven-ogg-goes-off-on-internet-trolls_us_5ac862c8e4b0337ad1e84db8

quote:

Ogg said he’s seen firsthand what social media can do to a person, and he’s tired of it.

“It makes me loving sick,” he told HuffPost. “It’s just disgusting.”

“It makes me sick that these trolls and these people can say stuff, because, again, the social anonymity of it is what allows people somehow the right to just say whatever the gently caress they want,” he said. “And you know what? If you want to loving beak off like that, then why don’t you post your name — your full name, not your Twitter name, not your handle, not your bullshit, whatever made-up stuff you do. Print your real name. Print your real phone number. Print your real address. Step up. Don’t just hide behind this anonymity and say whatever you want. That poo poo pisses me off. ”

“I’ve had personal experiences, and I’ve been through stuff,” Ogg added. “But again, it does affect you, but you have to quickly go, it’s bottom feeders, right? It’s catfish. It’s people that are eating the loving poo poo out of the hippo tank, and that’s how you’re spending your time? It’s sad.”

For the record he's responding to actual trolls doing poo poo like sending Eugene's actor death threats, not people who think Scott Gimple blows

ED: Also apparently Andrew Lincoln broke Jeffery Dean Morgan's nose in a that fight scene. I really like JDM but man, in an actual bare knuckled brawl I do actually think both Ogg and Lincoln could take him real easy which does carry over a bit to the Negan fight scenes.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Apr 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

yo moist, you gettin royalties for them using your gif like that?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol I think they got around that by taking my gif and putting it through giphy but yeah that's totally mine

Oh man only the best at huffpost:

quote:

Bill Bradley
Entertainment Editor, HuffPost
Bill is an Entertainment Editor at HuffPost. He likes late-night TV shows, going to Taco Bell and drinking chocolate milk.

I don't care enough to pursue it but it'd be cool to be able to search for "moist turtleneck" and find huffpost

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Apr 10, 2018

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Ogg's posthumous Talking Dead interview... I also got the sense he was a little bitter at his departure and also kind of hinting that no way would Negan beat him in a fist fight.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

What happened to that guy laying down in the forest?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Vintersorg posted:

What happened to that guy laying down in the forest?

Aaron? He’s trying to recruit that all-female group to come back and help fight the Saviors.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Then you find a third laptop with a blood scrawled message "DO NOT GO OVER BUDGET", some claw marks and an empty chair

‘One thousand dollars per episode?! We’ll never be able to do this! Oh God they’ll kill us!’

‘Shut up and calm the gently caress down! We just need to think strategically!’

‘But how?!’

‘Bottle episodes. Flashbacks. Bottle episodes containing flashbacks! Use the actors that are paid scale! Use voiceovers!’

*episode 2 is just a flashback bottle episode of Siddiq wandering on his own prior to meeting Carl. Every time he kills a walker, he hears the voice of his mother in his head talking about freeing their souls. At the end of the episode, after completing his morning prayers, he spies a gas station in the distance...*

DUTCH ANGLES EVERYWHERE

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Apr 10, 2018

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The dude that used to negotiate with warlords in africa thinks the best tactic to win them over is to die in the forest

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

moist turtleneck posted:

The dude that used to negotiate with warlords in africa thinks the best tactic to win them over is to die in the forest

gently caress I totally forgot about that: good thing for the show that Aaron did, too?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

https://i.imgur.com/Q0Wm6lD.gifv

dumb rear end doesnt even put formaldehyde in his fish

Thankyou for this. I can't believe they thought that was an appropriate prop for anything beyond a middle school play. :allears:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Okay that giphy link in the huffpo article points back to the reddit post so that's cool at least

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
So i saw some poo poo preview where Eugene is handing negan a gun to brast with to showcase his incredible bullets (also eugene and gabriel running about in the woods it seems like).

But to me it seems like just by having a scene like that means that the rest of the ammo is probably tinkered with and it's just one of their "clever" ruses to fool the viewers for 5 minutes. That's my prediction anyway that ever since his plan to get rosita to go topless by vomiting on her failed he now needs to put all of his gamer pride into making amends so that they can both live. Then it's time for the next step in Eugene's plan.... whatever it may be.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I still love that Rosita lost track of Eugene because professor mcmullet decided to run around the zombies and the car instead of through them

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

moist turtleneck posted:

I still love that Rosita lost track of Eugene because professor mcmullet decided to run around the zombies and the car instead of through them

Actually what was funnier is that both Rosita and Darryl thought Eugene could make it all the way down that long street with no other apparent exits before either of them could make it to the fence.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I want whoever was piloting the helicopter to come back and just hellfire all of them.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Master tracker Darryl can't track footprints through ash piles

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

quote:

Ogg said he’s seen firsthand what social media can do to a person, and he’s tired of it.

“It makes me loving sick,” he told HuffPost. “It’s just disgusting.”

“It makes me sick that these trolls and these people can say stuff, because, again, the social anonymity of it is what allows people somehow the right to just say whatever the gently caress they want,” he said. “And you know what? If you want to loving beak off like that, then why don’t you post your name — your full name, not your Twitter name, not your handle, not your bullshit, whatever made-up stuff you do. Print your real name. Print your real phone number. Print your real address. Step up. Don’t just hide behind this anonymity and say whatever you want. That poo poo pisses me off. ”

“I’ve had personal experiences, and I’ve been through stuff,” Ogg added. “But again, it does affect you, but you have to quickly go, it’s bottom feeders, right? It’s catfish. It’s people that are eating the loving poo poo out of the hippo tank, and that’s how you’re spending your time? It’s sad.”

nice meltdown

Blazing Ownager posted:

So can I just say the show sucks but Ogg rules

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/walking-dead-star-steven-ogg-goes-off-on-internet-trolls_us_5ac862c8e4b0337ad1e84db8

For the record he's responding to actual trolls doing poo poo like sending Eugene's actor death threats, not people who think Scott Gimple blows

ED: Also apparently Andrew Lincoln broke Jeffery Dean Morgan's nose in a that fight scene. I really like JDM but man, in an actual bare knuckled brawl I do actually think both Ogg and Lincoln could take him real easy which does carry over a bit to the Negan fight scenes.

Negan was/is a terribly written villain in the comics (I read until around issue 130). One of the very few things he had going for him was being physically intimidating. JDM is skinny and always looks like his (making GBS threads?) pants are about to drop down. That is the least of this character's problems though. They took an already bad comic book villain and made him even worse.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Do you suppose the writers are just dumb, lazy or if there's no money to work with?

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

They're mostly lazy, because the show keeps making them money no matter how bad it gets so why bother. Also, for the same reason, AMC keeps lowering the budget, which gives them even less incentive to care. You could still come up with something significantly better, so they're probably dumb too. (Or they just use creative writing excercises from students and use them virtually unedited as scripts).

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
some of this poo poo is the director and editor's fault too tho, the negan scene last week where he magicked up a gun and a loving lit flare out of no where in 0.02 seconds between cuts to garbage lady scampering around or whatever, that's a very good example. nobody on the show gives a poo poo except for the big main actors and actresses who are getting many dollars and have to at least look like they're trying. the only person on the show who is actually putting consistently decent effort into what they're doing is bear mccreary lmao

eclectic taste
Jun 5, 2004

Future Schmidt
I think whatever budget they have is being wasted on ever-more extravagant and disgusting zombie incarnations. I think at this point zombies should just lurk in the background, minimal makeup. Take the savings and hire better editors who can assemble a fight scene so you can tell who's shooting at who.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
there is no time for properly edited and paced sequences because there needs to be plenty of time for barely-lit scenes where 1 person mumbles some bullshit that's not relevant to anything and causes nothing to change, and some extra chevy and allergy medicine commercials. priorities ppl

trouser_mouse
Apr 27, 2008

I just assume Rosita is a stand-in for the audience and Eugene is the show, writers, editors, directors, producers and everyone else involved (except the plastic fish) vomiting the show out all over us.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Eugene puking on Rosita to make his escape was one of the funniest things I've ever seen on TWD. I know I've dropped my standards a lot for this show and the scene wasn't exactly realistic, but I immediately burst out laughing when it happened. That was some Nick from ftwd level poo poo right there and I loved it.

EDIT: Nick actually has used vomit as a distraction before lmao

Acacia REI fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 10, 2018

Spellman
May 31, 2011

It is in fact extremely realistic. Half digested garlic&sardine-mac&cheese is biochemical warfare more caustic than the poo poo that dilophosaurus coughed into Newman's face in Jurassic Park. The stench and additional humiliation of losing to Eugene nullified Rosita's neural capacity to react in time

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Gortarius posted:

Do you suppose the writers are just dumb, lazy or if there's no money to work with?

There is no way that it is not completely intentional at this point. Nobody could possibly write this badly unless that is the goal.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Spellman posted:

It is in fact extremely realistic. Half digested garlic&sardine-mac&cheese is biochemical warfare more caustic than the poo poo that dilophosaurus coughed into Newman's face in Jurassic Park. The stench and additional humiliation of losing to Eugene nullified Rosita's neural capacity to react in time

Eugene uses Toxic Hurl against Rosita.

It's super effective. Rosita is paralyzed for two moves.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh man I'd feel partially better if in ten years a writer is like

lol we just wrote down stuff that happened in our d and d game

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

crazy cloud posted:

some of this poo poo is the director and editor's fault too tho, the negan scene last week where he magicked up a gun and a loving lit flare out of no where in 0.02 seconds between cuts to garbage lady scampering around or whatever, that's a very good example. nobody on the show gives a poo poo except for the big main actors and actresses who are getting many dollars and have to at least look like they're trying. the only person on the show who is actually putting consistently decent effort into what they're doing is bear mccreary lmao

Oh man I was watching this exact scene while working from home today and I thought I missed something because suddenly Negan tied up on the ground has a lit flare and a gun for some reason and the trash lady is pushing a zombie around the corner.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

So am I the only one who would eat garlic sardine mac and cheese?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Weird I just realized Glen Mazzara has me blocked on twitter even though I've never tweeted directly at him. That dude must have been searching through random Walking Dead tweets at some point.

Maybe he saw this one. This is the only one that's bad that aligns with his time on the show. How bizarre. https://twitter.com/lesaboteur87/status/318814325487849474?s=19

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Apr 11, 2018

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
How naive we were back then...

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

darryl really starting to look like an old lesbian this season

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe he'll become the leader of seaside so he can get off the show save for cameos in an episode or two in the future

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

He practically already just has cameos

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Darryl has just shown up in the last 6 episodes or so to grumble and mumble.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moist turtleneck posted:

lol I think they got around that by taking my gif and putting it through giphy but yeah that's totally mine

Oh man only the best at huffpost:

haha. I didn't read the article enough to see that. Now I'm doubly glad I linked it.

BonoMan posted:

Ogg's posthumous Talking Dead interview... I also got the sense he was a little bitter at his departure and also kind of hinting that no way would Negan beat him in a fist fight.

I don't blame him. Nobody can beat Negan's plot armor, not even Trevor.

I can only hope other shows are out there going "Welp, he's available now, let's hire him." I kind of want him to join some show where he's sort of on the side of the good guys. He's a great anti-hero.

LadyPictureShow posted:

Aaron? He’s trying to recruit that all-female group to come back and help fight the Saviors.

‘One thousand dollars per episode?! We’ll never be able to do this! Oh God they’ll kill us!’

‘Shut up and calm the gently caress down! We just need to think strategically!’

‘But how?!’

‘Bottle episodes. Flashbacks. Bottle episodes containing flashbacks! Use the actors that are paid scale! Use voiceovers!’

*episode 2 is just a flashback bottle episode of Siddiq wandering on his own prior to meeting Carl. Every time he kills a walker, he hears the voice of his mother in his head talking about freeing their souls. At the end of the episode, after completing his morning prayers, he spies a gas station in the distance...*

DUTCH ANGLES EVERYWHERE

:lol: I don't even know if this is parody or an accurate reconstruction of joining the Walking Dead writing team

jfood posted:

darryl really starting to look like an old lesbian this season

I miss when Daryl got to do something besides look like a hobo and crossbow zombies. Reedus is a decent actor and I don't think they've given him a character moment since Beth disappeared.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Apr 11, 2018

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moist turtleneck posted:

Maybe he'll become the leader of seaside so he can get off the show save for cameos in an episode or two in the future

Oceanside might be the dumbest loving settlement they have. They're even dumber than the trash people.

Running around with spears yet didn't have a single fucker on patrol with guns when they actually had guns. Constantly acting standoffish and dickish to people like they're somehow a superior culture, when they're actually just a bunch of refugees, not an Amazon tribe. Then the fact they're still just chill despite knowing their enemies could find them now, not to mention the fact they stayed like 2 days away from the loving Saviors instead of getting the hell out of the state.

The Trash People are more overtly stupid, but at least they were entertaining with their Silent Hill fan art leader. Oceanside is just stupid-stupid. Their long term plan is stupid too, given that there's zero chance of expanding their population by A) Trying to murder all outsiders and B) Ya'know, all the dudes are dead.

ED: That episode where Rick stole their guns with the uplifting 'band together' battle.. holy gently caress. They had to write them like total idiots to avoid a massacre. Rick's plan should have gotten like 20-30 people killed on both sides just by virtue of 'The people with all the guns PROBABLY ARE CARRYING GUNS.' gently caress me this show has been dumb as gently caress for ages.

ED: To continue that rant I'd also like to point out at the time they were on high alert looking out for Saviors and they had no way to know who's crew was hitting them, but everyone just surrendered immediately except crazy lady, given they only had sharp sticks anyway. I can't wait for them to write more female empowerment episodes showing Oceanside as spear wielding warrior women while also writing them as the people who surrendered in like less than 90 seconds to like 10 people with rifles. Zero thought put into their civilization or any episode relating to them, really.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Apr 11, 2018

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I'm just watching the latest episode now and I severely regret not fast forwarding through that cheesy opening sequence with the letter. I could not give less of a gently caress about coral's letters.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Blazing Ownager posted:

I miss when Daryl got to do something besides look like a hobo and crossbow zombies. Reedus is a decent actor and I don't think they've given him a character moment since Beth disappeared.

He did go and eat some spaghetti with The Gays a couple seasons ago. Remember when they introduced The Gays to the show and then immediately hid the other guy for several seasons and just had Aaron there to fill the quota. It's kinda like that Manchonne character and a few others who they introduce into the show and then all they do is make one cameo per season.

Maybe they shouldn't have 30+ guys battling for screentime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
It’s pretty sad that this supposedly amazing show on a premier network can’t hold a candle to Legends of Tomorrow on the worst rated network channel.