Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Garrand posted:

It took me seeing the reversed gif to realize they actually jumped through the railing and not over it.

Oh, I hadn't seen that. That makes it like 10% less insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

New Chuck Tingle trailer look good!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

DandyLion posted:

New Chuck Tingle trailer look good!

Pounded in the Butt by OSHA Infractions

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Su-35 supermaneuverability demonstration at MAKS-2017
https://i.imgur.com/SYyJvBA.gifv
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAkFQFwWuvU&t=398s

VanguardFelix
Oct 10, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

davebo posted:

Pounded in the Butt by OSHA Infractions

I was still laughing 2 threads later and had to come back and applaud this dumb joke.

:golfclap:

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones

Kheldarn posted:

Su-35 supermaneuverability demonstration at MAKS-2017
phwoah :fh:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Proteus Jones posted:

Actually kills the hips. I think they both had to get hip replacements when they got older. They were a combination of short (they were both under 150 lbs), ridiculously talented, and incredibly strong which allowed them to do these kinds of moves. We will probably never see dancers like this again and it's a crime they aren't celebrated outside of dance circles.

Sammy Davis Jr used to do these kind of split stands (not the jumps though) at his height doing tap, and he said he could only do one a show because it destroys the body. And he ended up getting both hips replaced.

Professional grade dancing in general just wrecks the body something fierce. This is especially true of guys that dance as they're probably expected to do a bunch of huge jumps, throws, and the like. Ballet in particular I guess is especially prone to that as a lot of it is "OK pick this girl up and swing her around while she dances in the air above you for like 15 minutes."

Hmm...well people who move around a lot for a living seem to just slowly cripple themselves. So the obvious answer is to be sedentary so...

...gently caress so you can get really fat and then cripple yourself with your enormous bulk.

Holy poo poo humans suck. It's like our bodies decided to actively hate us. "Yeah well you could possibly live to be 90 but you'll be in pain for at least half of it lol gently caress you stinky ape man."

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-
https://i.imgur.com/gjw0G4h.gifv

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

I wanted to get a mountain bike after watching a bunch of downhill videos but I would probably end up dying. 😀

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Holy poo poo humans suck. It's like our bodies decided to actively hate us. "Yeah well you could possibly live to be 90 but you'll be in pain for at least half of it lol gently caress you stinky ape man."
Moderation is king. Don't do crazy poo poo to show off and don't be a lazy gently caress. Land somewhere in between and you'll be pain free at 90.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Truth. We're all built a but different & wear & tear does weird poo poo.

I've been severely overweight most of my life, but active (sports in HS, kept moving). I had back problems at 22 (sciactica). Until I stopped sitting at a desk all day, then the chronic pain gradually faded by 35.

I am now a very obese +55. I have always been very active, not is a sport/fitness sense but I do all repairs & heavy maintenance to house, car, neighbors, family, etc & mild treadmill routine. I can't sit for long, have to keep moving.

I spent this past weekend, 12-hrs/day, working with my 26-YO niece, demolishng her bathroom in a 100+ YO rowhome & roughing it back in so that she could tile it. This meant carrying literally a ton of debris down narrow stairs, tools & materials up, working in various awkward positions, etc. Now I feel like I've been run over by a truck. By Wednesday I'll be fine.

I can't explain it, I should be an obese cripple. Maybe it's partially genetics - we're built like trucks. Moderate exercise & keep moving seems to be the key. I know that if I sat around eating all day, I'd either be dead or, worse: in one of those power chairs.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

We Know Catheters posted:

I wanted to get a mountain bike after watching a bunch of downhill videos but I would probably end up dying. 😀
Save yourself some dollars and just buy Descenders

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

PainterofCrap posted:

I've been severely overweight most of my life, but active (sports in HS, kept moving). I had back problems at 22 (sciactica). Until I stopped sitting at a desk all day, then the chronic pain gradually faded by 35.

I am now a very obese +55. I have always been very active, not is a sport/fitness sense but I do all repairs & heavy maintenance to house, car, neighbors, family, etc & mild treadmill routine. I can't sit for long, have to keep moving.

I spent this past weekend, 12-hrs/day, working with my 26-YO niece, demolishng her bathroom in a 100+ YO rowhome & roughing it back in so that she could tile it. This meant carrying literally a ton of debris down narrow stairs, tools & materials up, working in various awkward positions, etc. Now I feel like I've been run over by a truck. By Wednesday I'll be fine.

I can't explain it, I should be an obese cripple. Maybe it's partially genetics - we're built like trucks. Moderate exercise & keep moving seems to be the key. I know that if I sat around eating all day, I'd either be dead or, worse: in one of those power chairs.

It's possible to be overweight but have good cardio/physical strength. There's fat looking people that run marathons and poo poo. And on the other side of the spectrum there are skinny people with terrible health who can't walk a flight of stairs without being gassed.

Of course, it's better to be thin than not. Obesity has all kinds of health problems associated with it.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

If obesity bad, why pizza good?

checkmate athetists

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
lactose intolerance proves there is no god

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

PainterofCrap posted:

It's not your activity level, it's your diet.

If you removed processed sugar and carbs (soda, bread, pasta, sugar, etc) and just ate meat and vegetables the pounds would all fall off in a little over a year.

Or hell, just count calories. Never go over 2200 calories a 24 hour period and use intermittent fasting.

I'm not messing with you, I hope to see you posting for another 50 years. Good luck.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

spacetoaster posted:

If you removed processed sugar and carbs (soda, bread, pasta, sugar, etc) and just ate meat and vegetables the pounds would all fall off in a little over a year.
:wrong: keto diets are good for cancer patients, and dumb faddy bullshit for most everyone else.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/5A1jgTi.gifv

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
That's not how you spell "Brazzers"

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
Ow

My nostalgia bone

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Carmageddon Doom mod <3

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

We Know Catheters posted:

If people ski and don't die everytime I'm sure you'll be fine

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

While I agree with "We Know Catheters" (such a weird sentence already) I will say that skiing in your teens then waiting ~20 years then going again is terrifying. Parabolic skis are way easier than the ones that were popular in 1995, but I still felt like I was a little fatigue away from being a middle-aged-man-in-a-wheelchair coming back from vacation (and I've witnessed this happening to young, healthy people too.)

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

VanguardFelix posted:

I was still laughing 2 threads later and had to come back and applaud this dumb joke.
:golfclap:
I appreciate that and I'm glad you enjoyed it. To get access to more exclusive dumb joke posts please join my Patreon.

KoRMaK posted:

If people ski and don't die everytime I'm sure you'll be fine
I go downhill biking a couple times a year and finally had an awful spill last Summer. Still fun and looking forward to going again this Summer. Anyone who thinks they might enjoy it just rent a bike at a resort that does it and give it a try.* You'll find out real quick if you actually like it or not.

*not all resorts have good trails

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Oddhair posted:

While I agree with "We Know Catheters" (such a weird sentence already) I will say that skiing in your teens then waiting ~20 years then going again is terrifying. Parabolic skis are way easier than the ones that were popular in 1995, but I still felt like I was a little fatigue away from being a middle-aged-man-in-a-wheelchair coming back from vacation (and I've witnessed this happening to young, healthy people too.)

I had the complete opposite experience. I last skied when I was about 14 years old. I went again last month (16 years later), and it was like riding a bike. Everything came back to me within seconds. It honestly felt like I had never stopped. I was kind of amazed.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

"I am a leaf on the wind"

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

LawfulWaffle posted:

"I am a leaf on the wind"

"Watch how I --- *HURK*"

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Proteus Jones posted:

"Watch how I --- *HURK*"

I was at an early screening of that and he was in the audience. He stood up and yelled NOOOOOO when it happened.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Too soon.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Negrostrike posted:

Wall of DOS gifs

Needs some Stunts.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

spacetoaster posted:

It's not your activity level, it's your diet.

Or hell, just count calories. Never go over 2200 calories a 24 hour period and use intermittent fasting.

I'm not messing with you, I hope to see you posting for another 50 years. Good luck.

Yea a very obese person only eating 2200 calories instead of weaning off of their current caloric intake will definitely be okay.

(Note: You can't be 350 lbs. and start eating like you're 175 lbs., it is bad for you, also known as "crash dieting")

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

black.lion posted:

Yea a very obese person only eating 2200 calories instead of weaning off of their current caloric intake will definitely be okay.

(Note: You can't be 350 lbs. and start eating like you're 175 lbs., it is bad for you, also known as "crash dieting")

you know what sound more unhealthy than diet crashing? Not be-[dodges thrown shoe]. Okay okay sorry.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
It's incredible how fast you get used to eating less and healthier once you get out of the habit of treating lovely food like a reward

You can also try sunflower seeds if you want to replicate the act of eating, but that might start a whole new terrifying addiction

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

It's incredible how fast you get used to eating less and healthier once you get out of the habit of treating lovely food like a reward

I hear this all the time, but found it to be a dirty lie in my case. I'll go a good long while -- year or more -- eating less and eating healthy, adjusting to whatever weight loss and/or changes in metabolism I achieve, but my desire to eat like a goddamn junkyard goat never really goes away. It's just a perpetual battle of willpower and wanting carby/fatty crap.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Truth. Edit: It is still a struggle to eat healthy, but if you establish healthy habits, and let people around you know why you're turning down certain foods, you start building accountability with those people, so they'll usually stop offering you foods you shouldn't be eating anyway. And once you start showing results, you'd be surprised at the positive feedback loop you'll create where you'll inspire others, and they'll inspire you, and it gets easier.

Also, don't be afraid to have the occasional cheat day, and don't be too hard on yourself. When you fall down, just get back up and try harder.

black.lion posted:

Last July when I finally got the motivation and support to lose weight properly, I weighed 335 lbs. I started by just tracking my diet in an app on my phone, and after putting in all my details, it said I needed to eat 2500 calories a day to LOSE 2 pounds a week. That, to me, seemed like a shockingly high amount of calories to eat to LOSE weight. So yeah, you don't have to (and really shouldn't!) starve yourself to start losing weight. It also helps to track what you're consuming, so you can see what and how much it is you're eating. Start cutting out the carbs, especially sugars like soda and candy (and don't replace them with diet sodas, the artificial sweeteners have their own issues), and increase the protein and fiber you eat (but work up slowly on the fiber, too).

After I lost 30 pounds, I started seeing a personal trainer in November, doing 45 minute session twice a week, and I'm now just over 280 lbs, and I can actually do things like run after my kids without praying for the sweet release of death after running two feet, and I'm done being winded after a quick sprint after them in maybe a minute or two. Used to be a 100 yard walk would leave me sucking wind, now I can sprint 100 yards and be breathing normally after about 5 minutes. But I've still got a long way to go.

There's no shame in admitting you don't have the will power or knowledge to do it yourself, and getting help from a professional, like a dietitian and/or personal trainer.

Edit VV That's exactly what they're saying. If you're 350+ lbs, you don't need to be eating 1200 calories a day to lose weight, like a 175 lb person would. You can eat over 2000 calories a day and still lose weight if you're that fat. Eating 2200 calories a day as a 350 lb person isn't a crash diet, being 350 lbs and eating like you're 175 lbs IS a crash diet.

And yes, your fat is fuel for your body, but your body WON'T burn it in favor of the food you keep eating. Start reducing the amount of sugar you eat and increase your activity level (and change your body composition to have more muscle, which needs more fuel), and your body will have to start using your stored fat.

And don't just take the word of some guy on the internet if you want to lose weight properly, go see your doctor, ask for a referral to a dietitian, and get some actual advice from people who have studied this stuff, and can give you a personalized plan that will help you most. We're all individuals, and what I need to lose weight may not be what you need.

Edit for animated picture: what I imagine I actually look like working out:
https://i.imgur.com/MHZmu5n.gifv

Edit for more correct animated picture: I wish I was a ripped as Crossfit Jesus up there, but it's probably more like this:

Wa11y has a new favorite as of 21:57 on Apr 11, 2018

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

lol at thinking 2200 calories is some kind of "crash dieting" that will harm you.

Isn't a fat person covered in fuel for their body? Isn't the point to burn a lot of it up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Wa11y posted:

We're all individuals, and what I need to lose weight may not be what you need.
I don't quite know why this turned into diet/workout thread but this is the most important information.

Here is more important information!
https://i.imgur.com/GkakcQn.mp4

(The weird fade at the end makes it look like he's being run over by a bus.)