Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/JesseFFerguson/status/984047640085180417

Bio: Writes his thoughts. Tweets his feelings. Frm. Deputy National Press Sec & Sr. Spox 4 @HillaryClinton. Prev. DCCC IE Director, DCCC Deputy ED/CommDir. W&M'03

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
lmfao

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
i guess the best part of this is Zucc has permanently damaged his presidential chances. right

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

LinYutang posted:

i guess the best part of this is Zucc has permanently damaged his presidential chances. right

hmmm let me check

nope sorry looks like youre wrong

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
anyone think ryan is "retiring" to potentially challenge trump?

i think he's just "retiring" to go get paid/not have to fight a damaging primary, but i thought that was an interesting thought

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

LinYutang posted:

no, it can always be reframed. we live in the

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!

Shear Modulus posted:

hmmm let me check

god bless

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

RaySmuckles posted:

i think he's just "retiring" to go get paid/not have to fight a damaging primary, but i thought that was an interesting thought

Nah, he's retiring so that he can be rehabilitated by decorum type democrats and avoid being tainted by the 2018 democratic wave. He will make serious bank at some lobbying firm and then manage to run for senate as a really serious wonk in a few years.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

joepinetree posted:

Nah, he's retiring so that he can be rehabilitated by decorum type democrats and avoid being tainted by the 2018 democratic wave. He will make serious bank at some lobbying firm and then manage to run for senate as a really serious wonk in a few years.

noice

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

As though the DCCC isn’t already backing who they want in the race

oh look, it's wj lying again about the dccc supporting bryce

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

owns

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
the dccc is openly supporting randy bryce and even the most cursory google search can show you this

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Willa Rogers posted:

oh look, it's wj lying again about the dccc supporting bryce

who you gonna believe, willa rogers, or randy bryce

https://twitter.com/ironstache/status/915991767123607552

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
that's impossible! randy bryce is an underdog outsider who only outraised his opponents by a factor of ten

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dccc could also be smart enough to spot coat tails large enough to provide them progressive cred by association.

Not that their support isn't suspect as gently caress, but when bad Dems line up behind someone who, at the very least, says things bad dems would rather commit seppku than advocate...

I mean, I don't get douche chills looking at a statement from Bryce like I do Harris, Booker, Biden, or McCaskill.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad Dems don't have to block every progressive, just enough so it doesn't interfere with them collaborating with Republicans .

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I'd take anybody's money and tell them to gently caress off, that's where I differ with Bernie. I understand though, that almost nobody will tell them to gently caress off so he's smart to make it trendy not to take corporate cash at all.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

New York City, NY – April 11, 2018 – Acreage Holdings (“Acreage”) (https://www.acreageholdings.com), one of the nation’s largest, multi-state actively-managed cannabis corporations, announced the appointments of former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives John Boehner and former Governor of the State of Massachusetts Bill Weld to its Board of Advisors.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

GalacticAcid posted:

that's impossible! randy bryce is an underdog outsider who only outraised his opponents by a factor of ten

I think that's the real kicker on what makes the DCCC backing some poo poo lib unlikely. They are getting a cut paid to their consultants and that's ultimately what they care about. It would take some Ossof level carpetbagger entering the race for them to start torpedoing his campaign.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

RaySmuckles posted:

He's way too unpopular with the GOP base to primary Trump or really anyone. He gone.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ryan is more unpopular than Boehner was I think.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Shear Modulus posted:

hmmm let me check

Yeah there’s nothing stopping him from making a similar deal to what Clinton made with the DNC to fund them in exchange for access. Aside from being a coward.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Bad Dems don't have to block every progressive, just enough so it doesn't interfere with them collaborating with Republicans .

They don't even actively want to block progressives, as that would implicate a political position or some sort of principle. Their only imperative is to seek donations, always. The $ must flow. If a progressive turns out to be a strong fundraiser they will latch on like barnacles.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lol @ Hillary being low or w/e but man why do people admire loving royalty???

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

Lol @ Hillary being low or w/e but man why do people admire loving royalty???

Yougov is a UK polling firm, I just thought it was funny JK Rowling beat Malala

and that Hillary was still on the list at all

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nonsense posted:

and that Hillary was still on the list at all

They do US polls too but obviously this is a UK poll, yeah.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
lol jacob rees mogg and nigel farage both outpacing clinton, yikes

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

no sandman on that list

i say sink the whole island

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

[lord’s name in vain]

https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/984107594695499777

plaintiff
May 15, 2015

If I were a billionaire like zucc, I would have a machine custom fitted to every contour of my junk and plugged straight onto my prostate that would just allow me to bust until the moment of my death. I don't see why he wouldn't do this at every moment possible, to exist in a continuous state of meticulously engineered sexual bliss.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

do NOT jack off posted:

If I were a billionaire like zucc, I would have a machine custom fitted to every contour of my junk and plugged straight onto my prostate that would just allow me to bust until the moment of my death. I don't see why he wouldn't do this at every moment possible, to exist in a continuous state of meticulously engineered sexual bliss.

/

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

RaySmuckles posted:

he's gonna join the weedboard and continue to get paid so white people can get high

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ScrubLeague posted:

he's gonna join the weedboard and continue to get paid so white people can get high

there truly is no cosmic justice

plaintiff
May 15, 2015

Ruzihm posted:

/

you have the right of it sir

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Nonsense posted:

there's a whole lot of extremely not racist people that aren't fans of Malala because "hurr all she did was get shot in the head no I can't hear you about her other activism reeeeeeeeee"

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i think the dccc likes iron stache because he ticks all their boxes of white, male, veteran, looks blue-collary

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

People like literally everyone else more than Andy Lau?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Shear Modulus posted:

i think the dccc likes iron stache because he ticks all their boxes of white, male, veteran, looks blue-collary

and he'll win without them dropping a dime so they can pay their consultants elsewhere

• Locked thread