Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Riptor posted:

What did pelosi allegedly do to the cafeteria

got rid of the biscuits and gravy for organic alternatives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
https://twitter.com/davidjoachim/status/984102364587220992

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Alter Ego posted:

But just because our leaders aren't calling them pieces of poo poo doesn't make them ineffective. It means they possess self-restraint.

There's a lot of distance between calling someone "a piece of poo poo" and publicly praising them for effectively advocating a platform of overt cruelty/malice.

No one in the Democratic Party should be praising Paul Ryan. Silence in the wake of his leaving Congress would be appropriate.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

why was this information released as a diablo legendary item?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Thread, in light of Ryan's time coming to an end, I've made a helpful and badly laid out flowchart for how to feel about these things.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Radish posted:

I think Ryan is actually clean in regards to the current Trump scandals, he just despises the poor so much he wants them to suffer out of sheer ideological hate and is willing to cover for anyone that will help make that happen. I bet he knows who is on the take though.

Not so sure about that. I have a feeling there's a lot of laundered russian super pac money a lot of republicans (and probably some dems) have used and are tainted with.
Plus his whole "Never speak of how Putin pays Rohrbacher and Trump!" instructions show that he's aware of it. If you're aware and look the other way, you are complicit..

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Unzip and Attack posted:

There's a lot of distance between calling someone "a piece of poo poo" and publicly praising them for effectively advocating a platform of overt cruelty/malice.

No one in the Democratic Party should be praising Paul Ryan. Silence in the wake of his leaving Congress would be appropriate.

exactly.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

At least we got to experience the end of Paul Ryan's political career before nuclear hellfire killed us all.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Riptor posted:

What did pelosi allegedly do to the cafeteria

Used lovely cardboard forks

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Lmao

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Because subpoenas targeting Manafort aren't rare

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Boon posted:

Thread, in light of Ryan's time coming to an end, I've made a helpful and badly laid out flowchart for how to feel about these things.

:five:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

At some point isn't it a safer assumption he actually wants to prosecute Manafort rather than flip him?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

At some point isn't it a safer assumption he actually wants to prosecute Manafort rather than flip him?

no, because the way you flip him is you prosecute the gently caress out of him until he cries uncle

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

same. i am also one of those people who thinks jenny is a lovely person who uses Forrest constantly. also it is overated as gently caress.

Jenny is a fundamentaly broken victim of child sexual abuse so she kinda gets a pass

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Here's another car crash.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

evilweasel posted:

no, because the way you flip him is you prosecute the gently caress out of him until he cries uncle

He's still holding out for that pardon and it just doesn't look like it's going to come. Trump probably can't even recognize his face anymore.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Prosecuting him is the default result if he doesn't flip.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Boon posted:

:drat:

please sticky this

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/984104063490056196

lol more republican seats are "lean dem" than democratic seats are

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

evilweasel posted:

Also Manafort isn’t cooperating right now so no matter what Mueller’s action will be the same. Continue with prosecution-if that pressures him into flipping great, if not then he goes to jail. Those are really the only two choices.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

What’s the deal with blank subpoenas other than to keep Manafort on his toes about who could be used as a witness?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Boon posted:

loving... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:discourse:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

KKKLIP ART posted:

What’s the deal with blank subpoenas other than to keep Manafort on his toes about who could be used as a witness?

that, and to serve them before the person decides to go on an extended vacation to russia until november

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mark Sanford

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

Boon posted:

Incredible.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Smiling Jack posted:

a republican who is right about something

He's wrong. Pulp Fiction was also nominated and it is objectively better than both.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

axeil posted:

:drat:

please sticky this

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."

I lurk this thread but I'm chiming in to say that I know this kid. When I was in college I helped run a summer camp for nerdy kids who wanted to learn programming/web/etc. He was one of our students. At the time he went by Henry, not Hank. Some of his YouTube stuff references Henry but I guess he goes by Hank now. I remember him very distinctly because he has a pretty unique mode of speech (check his Youtube stuff to hear what I'm talking about) and because even then when he was 14-15, he was OBSESSED with gun culture, military culture, and basically wouldn't shut up about joining the military as soon as he's 18 so he can go shoot terrorists. He complained about his dad a lot and I remember specifically that he loved talking about Generation Kill and how cool it was. I don't think he grasped any of that show being critical of the war or showing the human toll. It was just a cool show about killing browns. This kid drove me NUTS for the two weeks I had him and it was clear that there was something developmentally off about him, but he wasn't on meds and no one gave me any sort of disclosure about special needs (parents with special needs kids almost always pulled me aside if I needed to know something before they dropped them off). I remember being dead set on pulling his parents aside when camp was over to tell them their kid was scary as hell.

With those problem kids I was always so curious about meeting their parents at the end of their stay because usually 5-10 min with the parents went a long way in explaining what the gently caress was wrong with their kids. End of camp came and his parents never picked him up; it was his grandparents that showed, didn't have strong English skills. Whatever plan I had in sitting them down and talking to them about Henry went out the window. I don't think he lived with his parents, and that explained a lot about Henry.

I saw him go viral a few weeks ago with the cringey Dixie stuff and all this came rushing back. I really hope he gets some help because it's clear from his YouTube content that what used to be an obsession with killing Arabs has mutated into an obsession with Black Lives Matter and domestic enemies.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

[Lord’s name in vain]

mods plz

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

:eyepop:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

So either Ryan plans to live off his trust fund or he may have to get his first job that requires work and reading.

Being a Fox talking head or lobbyist requires neither of these things.

2 months is a lot of time for something like this. The only problem is that viable GOPers in the state know that 2018 is going to be brutal for the GOP and that they'd have an uphill battle instead of an easy win in November.

I almost choked on my food when I realized this wasn't :rolleyes:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/JackKingston/status/984094907114586112

Yes, gosh, which unpopular figure will Dems tie Republicans to now, I have no idea

that brutal loving ratio :drat:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that guy's been on real time and it's like he took the short bus there.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Evil Fluffy posted:

I almost choked on my food when I realized this wasn't :rolleyes:

Holy poo poo, the code....

Groovelord Neato posted:

that guy's been on real time and it's like he took the short bus there.

Kingston? He's on CNN often as well. He's a former Congressman and the most nakedly partisan and arrogant pundit I've ever seen - which is something considering CNN's historical lineup these last couple of years. Even when caught in the middle of a lie he will just double down on the lie while grinning ear to ear - it's really something.

Boon fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Apr 11, 2018

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

negativeneil posted:

I saw him go viral a few weeks ago with the cringey Dixie stuff and all this came rushing back. I really hope he gets some help because it's clear from his YouTube content that what used to be an obsession with killing Arabs has mutated into an obsession with Black Lives Matter and domestic enemies.

By help I hope you mean prison because he's obviously moved from the "crazy but harmless" territory into the "actively planning a massacre" phase of the right wing terrorist Choose Your Own Adventure.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Boon posted:

Holy poo poo, the code....

hahaha

not melty enough tho

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Unzip and Attack posted:

She didn't praise him. She called him an avid advocate for his point of view.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Boon posted:

Kingston? He's on CNN often as well. He's a former Congressman and the most nakedly partisan and arrogant pundit I've ever seen - which is something considering CNN's historical lineup these last couple of years. Even when caught in the middle of a lie he will just double down on the lie while grinning ear to ear - it's really something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BdyZWldnd0

• Locked thread