Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Caganer posted:

confessor is probably not american. in like, ireland and poo poo, you can get tylenol w/ coedine w/o a prescription. ppl do crazy stuff to extract the codine since it's not a big enough dose to get high and the tylenol will kill you if you have too much

Ye, call ‘em co-codamol: the ones a pharmacist will sell you are 500mg acetaminophen/8mg codeine. A couple will make you mildly wooly, but iirc 4000mg of acetaminophen is the daily max, so you aren’t getting hosed up on them. Doctors and hospitals give you the nuclear ones on prescription.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

My dad was an avid motorcyclist and, in 1995, he crashed his bike. He became a quadraplegic and the following year was probably the worst of our family’s lives.

Mom divorced Dad shortly after the accident - a combination of money worries, sex issues, and Dad spiraling into a deep depression. Mom got custody as Dad could barely function. And then this is where things got worse.

Dad got a helper monkey, named Bonita. Bonita was trained to help him with some basic tasks in his apartment. Hitting light switches, turning on the TV, opening cabinets - stuff like that. Before things went horribly wrong it seemed to be a huge help for Dad and was cheering him up a bit.

One day I was visiting with Dad and Bonita screeched at me. Dad explained it was a safety thing, she was protecting him. As the day went on Bonita got angrier and angrier and ended up biting me and throwing poo poo at me. Mom came and picked me up and Bonita hissed at her too.

I went there a week later to visit again and Bonita was wearing a dress. Which was weird. But Dad explained that Bonita thought she was a little girl and wanted to look like one. I tried to treat this monkey like a human and she did seem happier. When we left she hugged me and I thought things were okay.

Until I got home and realized she had picked my pocket and stolen my little Velcro wallet with 40 dollars in it. I started crying (I was 8 after all) so Mom drove me over there to get it back.

I unlocked Dad’s door because it always took him a long time to get over there and get Bonita to unlock things, and I walked in on something I barely understood st the time.

Dad was in his chair but his pants had been unzipped. His flaccid penis was out and Bonita was rubbing her monkey body on it. I started screaming and Dad started screaming and Bonita ran at me and bit my throat. I felt a hot surge of blood spray and passed out. I woke up in the hospital with stitches in my neck, which was a great thing for a little kid to deal with.

I never saw Dad again as he was moved to a special home and killed himself a week later by ODing in pain pills. I have to imagine Bonita was put down too but Mom never mentioned that.

To this day I get really scared around monkeys and have panic attacks at the zoo.

the second I saw the phrase "helper monkey" I knew what I was in for

quote:

I went to Wal-Mart the other day and boy were there some interesting people there. I am really very lucky and outside of the usual complaints about my job, there isn't much I would change in my life.

My midlife crisis is confronting whether or not I will find a new better job that lets me work from home a few days a week.

If I feel anxiety and stress, I wonder how the people at Wal-Mart make it through life. It's amazing that people manage to do what they do day in and day out with no upward trajectory for them or their families. There are people at my company who do manual labor 50+ hours a week and would take more work if they could get it. They're still living paycheck to paycheck and are a hospital bill away from losing everything.

Then I think about the fact that the people I see in public are all overweight and obviously have access to food and shelter. A lot of people in the rest of the world and even in first world countries are starving and struggling to survive.

It just sucks I guess and it seems hopeless. We're supposed to be the greatest country in the world and people are wasting it while ruining everything in the process.

that's 'murca baby :911:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

loquacius posted:

the second I saw the phrase "helper monkey" I knew what I was in for

Same, but goddamn I still had to stifle a laugh in my office. :discourse:

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Theophany posted:

Same, but goddamn I still had to stifle a laugh in my office. :discourse:

i keep picturing ross geller, hopped up on pain pills and loling

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I knew the lust for monkey death guy had a backstory, I was expecting worse tbh

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

that's 'murca baby :911:

Dated, but good for some perspective:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/dpkd4m/right-now-is-the-best-time-in-history-to-be-alive

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

I don't mean to pile on you, but I can't stand this argument. Just because things are better in much of the world, doesn't mean that countries like America and the U.K.are better off today than previous years.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

punk rebel ecks posted:

I don't mean to pile on you, but I can't stand this argument. Just because things are better in much of the world, doesn't mean that countries like America and the U.K.are better off today than previous years.

Someone saying, "but the world is full of great poo poo." is not saying, "there is nothing bad anywhere." Its not about statistics; its about perspective. Certain things in particular may be worse today than they were 10-25 years ago. Other things are light years better. Most things are light years better. The overwhelming majority of things are light years better, and getting better every day.

If you think, "this world is stupy dum dum and suck." its because you're being a negative nancy, not because you've made a comprehensive audit of life and our place in the universe, culminating in the only reasonable conclusion. Its chronic myopia, and you're the one aiming the telescope.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I just got laid off, not performance based but feels bad.

Also not anonymous.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

blarzgh posted:

Someone saying, "but the world is full of great poo poo." is not saying, "there is nothing bad anywhere." Its not about statistics; its about perspective. Certain things in particular may be worse today than they were 10-25 years ago. Other things are light years better. Most things are light years better. The overwhelming majority of things are light years better, and getting better every day.

If you think, "this world is stupy dum dum and suck." its because you're being a negative nancy, not because you've made a comprehensive audit of life and our place in the universe, culminating in the only reasonable conclusion. Its chronic myopia, and you're the one aiming the telescope.

You're retarded.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I too base my personal perspectives and experiences against all of human history.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Also not anonymous.

I survived three rounds of layoffs at the last company I worked at before my current job, despite the two jobs I had at that company both being extremely worthless busywork bullshit jobs where I was not allowed to work on anything of note

Basically what I'm saying is it's a crapshoot, sorry to hear but try not to let it get you down and get back in the game as soon as you can.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

lol yea i also read steven pinker but his writing is actually hot steaming sexy garbage

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

punk rebel ecks posted:

You're retarded.

I'd rather be retarded and happy than sad and angry.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

When you live in a near-paradise, the problems du jore seem to be a lot bigger because people define they're lifes through conflict. It's kinda like what Agent Smth said in the classic film "The Matrix"

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Also not anonymous.

:goonsay: you know you're living in the greatest time in history right??? you ingrateful gently caress :goonsay:

In all seriousness though, I'm sorry and that sucks. I too was laid off from my last job and spent six months unemployed. I lucked out cuz my current job's a lot better but those six months were not fun. Hope it gets better for you my dude

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
So, in a couple of years, when things will be, on the whole, light years better than they are now, will I retroactively have been right in being upset about my life's problems, because things are worse now than they will be?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Ok how did monkey-fucker get the dress on?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Ok how did monkey-fucker get the dress on?

I think the idea is that the monkey did this itself, it was sort of a King Louie situation

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

loquacius posted:

I think the idea is that the monkey did this itself, it was sort of a King Louie situation

Sounds like the confessor's dad had something else in mind when the monkey asked to see the man's "little red flower"

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

blarzgh posted:

:yeah:

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
Also the fact that anon woke up in the hospital after getting bitten means that the helper monkey even called the ambulance afterwards! A good helper monkey.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
monkey story owns

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Nooner posted:

monkey story owns

found the fesser

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

ALFbrot posted:

So, in a couple of years, when things will be, on the whole, light years better than they are now, will I retroactively have been right in being upset about my life's problems, because things are worse now than they will be?

Its OK to be upset about your problems now. It's also OK to believe that things will get better. Life is always a series of hills and valleys and we all go through tough times. I know its been rough for you since your Father's service monkey sex slave ripped your throat out, but good times will come again, so keep your chin up

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Caganer posted:

found the fesser

I could not come up with a story that good im more of a talking about making GBS threads my pants type of poster :sigh:

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

blarzgh posted:

I hear you work from home as a retard masturbator.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

blarzgh posted:

Its OK to be upset about your problems now. It's also OK to believe that things will get better. Life is always a series of hills and valleys and we all go through tough times. I know its been rough for you since your Father's service monkey sex slave ripped your throat out, but good times will come again, so keep your chin up

I can't keep my chin up, the monkey damaged my neck muscles too severely, but thank you

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I have to wonder how much helper monkeys were ever actually a thing beyond glorified gimmick pets in a less thoughtful age.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

Should I pay 100+ to an artist for a commission that is "Liam and Ryan McPoyle from IASIP in the cockpit of Darling in the Franxx"? If yes how do I pretend that its not my commission when its posted in the PYF fanart thread?

I have no idea what any of this means so it doesn't count

but I'm gonna default to "no"

quote:

I need misery. I'm a bit of a junkie you see, addicted to discomfort. It is not some sexual desire, not in any way. It is far more primal and base than that. It is a constant, gnawing hunger for suffering. It needs to be from an external agent, if I sabotage myself I get no satisfaction, and so I live my life just like anybody else. Publically, at least. I joined a cult and abide by its absurd strictures simply because it makes living my life hell. I overdose on Benadryl every week, just to get a trickle of that sweet malaise. The months I have to take tolerance breaks are the true hell only because I miss the great suffering that benadryl overdose brings. It is my strongest tool against this accursed obsesssion with bad. Every moment I'm without misery I grow hungrier, weaker. All unbeknownst to the people around me. How disgusted, reviled would they be to learn that I want nothing more than great unease. They only came close to knowing once, and it involved the only lover I ever took.

A psychotic girl, very manic. I got her obsessed with scoring my skin, violating my autonomy, privacy. We were happy until our symbiotic relationship was discovered. I threw her to the dogs, denied everything. And the police bought it, why wouldn't they? It's so brave when a man stands up against his abuser. What a glorious decision that was, it satiated my hunger greatly. The feeling of my heart ripping in half, my stomach growing tight, and betrayal weighing heavily on my mind... it was exactly what I hoped it would be. A delightful cacophany of uneasiness to fill my metaphysical stomach. I often wonder where she is, and if she'll remember me when she gets out. She once threatened to cut my throat if I hurt her. I can't help but feel that's the only proper end to my life. The suspense in waiting is killing me.

Did you mean this to sound like a villain monologue from a bad movie because that's exactly what it sounds like

quote:

I feel that I have wasted my life. I'm currently 28 years old and I have never had a girlfriend, rarely have had any friends, and have never had sex.

I have had strong social anxiety throughout my life and a social learning curve. It wasn't until two years ago that I began to have some sort of social life, if very remote. Since I graduated college, I have saved up money to move to a distant city across the country, and I have recently done so. Since securing a job, I have been going out at least once a week.

All that said, I feel so behind. Everybody has had so many experiences, while I have been lacking in so much in comparison.

I'm worried that when I do get a girlfriend I'll gently caress things up and she'll laugh or get mad at me when we get intimate.

I'm also worried that time is running out for me, that I am becoming too old to do stuff like go to concerts and events, while the dating pool keeps shrinking and there seems to be less people in my age group who have free time.

Being honest I feel like a freak at times. That if people found out about my inexperience, that they would be taken aback or patronize me.

Am I just being a spaz or am I right to be concerned?

It's good that you're actually socializing now, but don't overthink things. Maybe try to hang out with people a few years younger than you? Don't like troll college bars for strange or anything, just maybe try to hang out with people in the 22-25 range. That should help your internal anxieties if nothing else.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Spoiler: you will screw things up the first few tries. That's how basically everything in life works. There is no magic spell you can cast to skip the bad at relationships stage.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

if you cut off your dick your first lover will not laugh at you, I guarantee it 100%

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

loquacius posted:

but I'm gonna default to "no"

Did you mean this to sound like a villain monologue from a bad movie because that's exactly what it sounds like

It's good that you're actually socializing now, but don't overthink things. Maybe try to hang out with people a few years younger than you? Don't like troll college bars for strange or anything, just maybe try to hang out with people in the 22-25 range. That should help your internal anxieties if nothing else.

Maybe take a class or something? I felt this way when I left undergrad... I was in a big strange city. My work was very cutthroat and I couldn’t trust my coworkers.

I took an improv class and met some cool people. University night classes work well too. Ever wanted to learn to write fiction or poetry or something goon?

Finally, Meetup is the de facto “I want to meet friends “ social network.

Take some time off from trying to date and focus on a social circle.

(Also join a gym and count calories if you’re outside the normal BMI)

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Don't be afraid of screwing up pal, it will happen anyways, just learn from it and don't be one of those cowards that is too afraid to try.

gently caress that poo poo up magnificently pal.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Caganer posted:

I took an improv class and met some cool people.

No, you didn't.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

ALFbrot posted:

No, you didn't.

that’s really not in the spirit of ’yes, and...?:obama:

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

axolotl farmer posted:

that’s really not in the spirit of ’yes, and...?:obama:

Yes, and I meant it

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

loquacius posted:

Using Google, the Mccoyles are the two male characters from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Darling in the FRANXX is the hot new anime from TRIGGER (Kill La Kill). To make things simple, it's their take on Neon Genesis Evangelion. The show is pretty much what you are imagining right now.

What makes the question awkward is that the pilots in the show pilot their mechs in a duo. It works by the male pilots sitting in an upright position, with the female pilots laying on their stomachs directly in front of them in a compromising position, with their butts used as essentially steering wheels.

So essentially the poster is asking should they pay an artist $100+ to comission two characters from Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia having dry sex.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Apr 12, 2018

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic
Ban anime forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
They called him a prophet, but he was only a teacher.