Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

What's a good way to build Maiev if I mostly QP and wanna do well regardless of how poorly my team is doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
https://www.twitch.tv/realbambam

subwars are on. high quality heroes of the storm entertainment.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

exquisite tea posted:

What's a good way to build Maiev if I mostly QP and wanna do well regardless of how poorly my team is doing.

You're pretty dependent on a healer, so some QM matches will be very tough. If no healer, pretend you're a stealthie. Meaning, you're not the first into a fight. You poke and posture. Once enemy CC is blown or they've tunnel visioned an ally or objective, go HAM.

1: Naisha's if you have a healer and can afford to AA. Otherwise, Bonds
4: Blade Dance
7: Elune's Wrath, unless your enemy has fewer than 2 melee (hey, it happens) in which case Bonds
10: Warden's Cage
13: Shadow Armor if you have a healer and can dive. Otherwise, either is fine.
16: Armored Assault
20: almost always Vengeance. Lets you go aggro blink in and have an escape.

Remember that winning a fight really relies first on FoK resets and on getting Vault of Wardens value second.

Holding FoK for a second or two to guarantee double+ hits is worth it every time.

e: Added quote for clarity

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Apr 10, 2018

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

welp i gave the heroic brawl a solid like 7 or 8 tries and only made it to the final wave twice, that's my headache done for the evening

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Autoattack Valla made my brawl a breeze, highly recommend

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I went Tassadar and it was good. I was an archon for such a long time with the renewal trait.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts
We were super close, but Gazlowe decided to stay and defend the base when we attacked the second archangel. Needless to say, when we all died that was not helpful. He arrived at the scene....late

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Greymane made it easy for me.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

My group beat it with a Bloodlust comp. Raynor, Rehgar, Blaze, Sonya, Xul.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

It'd be cool if icyveins would list a good QP build for every hero.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Arent builds designed around your team and enemy team comp?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Charles Bukowski posted:

That's just what they want you to think.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Charles Bukowski posted:

Yeah but if you don't know the hero yet and don't know how to do that, it'd be good to have a "this usually works" build.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Charles Bukowski posted:

almost never

robogrub.com/builds has decent talent picks for everyone. Some characters are egregiously out of date, but it's generally a trustworthy resource until you feel like you can make an informed decision on your own.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I've been using Grubby builds for a while, and modifying them when I feel I don't play the same as him ie: I can't play as good and so will pick a trait that will help my level of play

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

BrianBoitano posted:

You're pretty dependent on a healer, so some QM matches will be very tough. If no healer, pretend you're a stealthie. Meaning, you're not the first into a fight. You poke and posture. Once enemy CC is blown or they've tunnel visioned an ally or objective, go HAM.

1: Naisha's if you have a healer and can afford to AA. Otherwise, Bonds
4: Blade Dance
7: Elune's Wrath, unless your enemy has fewer than 2 melee (hey, it happens) in which case Bonds
10: Warden's Cage
13: Shadow Armor if you have a healer and can dive. Otherwise, either is fine.
16: Armored Assault
20: almost always Vengeance. Lets you go aggro blink in and have an escape.

Remember that winning a fight really relies first on FoK resets and on getting Vault of Wardens value second.

Holding FoK for a second or two to guarantee double+ hits is worth it every time.

e: Added quote for clarity

Thanks.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Pretty big balance patch just went live. Will edit notes into this post once they go up on website

quote:

Hi everyone,

When we initially released today's patch in the Americas, we encountered an issue affecting logins. As a result, we've reverted the patch so that we can investigate the cause and roll out a fix as soon as possible.

Welp

Midnightghoul fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 11, 2018

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Wow, lots of changes. Standouts:
-Sylv now has to Basic Attack buildings to turn them off. Abilities don't do it anymore. Functionality on minions unchanged.
-Increase to Hanzo's trait cooldown and his scatter build does 20% less damage to nonheroic targets (100% damage bonus instead of 150%).
-Tracer's HP and attack damage buffs were reverted, basically, but they didn't also revert the nerfs to her burst.
-Fenix got lower numbers pretty much across the board except in some underperforming talents. It's a more than 10% drop in basic attack damage, which matters a lot.

lots of little fixes across the board, too

they moved some of varian's health into his baseline from taunt, buffed chen, leoric, zarya, falstad and kharazim, did some tinkering with medivh and nova, reduced malf's numbers a little... LOTS of changes

DAD LOST MY IPOD fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Apr 11, 2018

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
They had to revert the patch because someone snuck in Chen buffs

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Wow, lots of changes. Standouts:
-Sylv now has to Basic Attack buildings to turn them off. Abilities don't do it anymore. Functionality on minions unchanged.
-Increase to Hanzo's trait cooldown and his scatter build does 20% less damage to nonheroic targets (100% damage bonus instead of 150%).
-Tracer's HP and attack damage buffs were reverted, basically, but they didn't also revert the nerfs to her burst.
-Fenix got lower numbers pretty much across the board except in some underperforming talents. It's a more than 10% drop in basic attack damage, which matters a lot.

lots of little fixes across the board, too

they moved some of varian's health into his baseline from taunt, buffed chen, leoric, zarya, falstad and kharazim, did some tinkering with medivh and nova, reduced malf's numbers a little... LOTS of changes

They also nerfed Malf's healing it seems? Buffed Kharazim's healing. Looks like they tried to buff Li Ming too.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Someone on Reddit posted those patch notes if you can stand the formatting: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/8bihjw/balance_notes_110418/dx6xnyh/

Edit:
Dragon Strike (R)
Damage increased from 64 to 70.

Prepare your butts!

Edit 2:
This has Chen buffs, so these patch notes are completely made up. Fake news!

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Apr 11, 2018

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.

ToastyPotato posted:

They also nerfed Malf's healing it seems? Buffed Kharazim's healing. Looks like they tried to buff Li Ming too.

They actually nerfed Li-Ming. Dominance used to restore 25% of max health - now it restores 30% of missing health.

siotle fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Apr 11, 2018

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009

siotle posted:

They actually nerfed Li-Ming. Dominance used to restore 25% of max health - now it restores 30% of missing health.

This is a small buff if LM is on a sliver, but a progressively larger nerf the more health she has. Then again, the more she has the less she needs, so I don't foresee it being too big a deal. Looking at Hot Slogs, Dominance definitely......... dominates the tier, but not by an incredible amount, so I'm surprised they picked that talent to tweak vs. imbalances on other tiers, namely: Astral Walker. What we got for it is kinda nice, but at a 1.7% pickrate I don't see that turning many heads.

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.
It's only a buff at <17% health. At 50% health, her heal goes from 25% to 15%, which is a 40% nerf.
I feel that it really hurts her snowball potential with resets, since she's pretty squishy. Still, who knows how much she'll actually feel it?

Edit: I'm actually a moron, dominance is 20% before the change. So it's a buff at <33% health, and it's a 25% nerf at 50% health.

siotle fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 11, 2018

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
They only reverted half of tracer's hp/dmg buffs sadly.

Fenix nerfs seem substantial but not quite sufficient so whatever, we'll see him in the notes again in three weeks (his ridiculous health+shield pool was untouched... this ranged assassin with a blink has more hp+shields than Thrall, Ragnaros, and Varian). Other buffs seem fine. Sylvanas nerf seems good imo, requires more risk on her end to shut forts down but still extremely powerful with objectives on your side.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 11, 2018

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Nerf Tracer harder please Blizzard.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Reddit:

quote:

Hi everyone,

When we initially released today's patch in the Americas, we encountered an issue affecting logins. As a result, we've reverted the patch so that we can investigate the cause and roll out a fix as soon as possible.

For now, we've also pulled the patch notes out of the launcher to prevent any more confusion about which patch is currently live. You can still play normally on version 31.1 while we work to address 31.2.

Thanks for your patience!

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Was it really necessary to nerf Nova?

Chen buffs look fun. You can get a ton of armor now.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

lol this game is a clownshow

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Chen will be garbage tier as long as he has to stand there and be stunnable to get resources in order to do stuff.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

bamhand posted:

Yes. She's a terrible hero and nobody needs to play her.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

bamhand posted:

You can pinpoint via patch notes when some dev who's dogshit at his own game gets clowned on by a stealth hero.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

lucifirius posted:

Yes. She's a terrible hero and nobody needs to play her.

Do you have glaucoma or are you just bad at picking nova from her clones?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

banned from Starbucks posted:

Yes.

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!
Nova is very oppressive to people who don't know how to pick good heroes.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Standing in Fenix's beam ult going 'heh reflected btw' as Genji kinda owns.

edit: And Nova can be a major pain in qm if you happen to have no skillshots to reveal her and also no supports. But I dunno, that's qm for you.

appropriatemetaphor fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Apr 12, 2018

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

banned from Starbucks posted:

It's because my teammates in gold/plat pick her. :(

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Dietrich posted:

Chen will be garbage tier as long as he has to stand there and be stunnable to get resources in order to do stuff.

It would be legit hilarious if chugging made him Unstoppable for the duration, I’m sure there could be some fun nonsense he could pull off with that

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I saw a good Chen once, it was impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matazat
Aug 12, 2011

There's a pretty major bug with Nova right now- if you take the Snipe splash damage and CDR on hero hits talents you can rapid fire it several times a second as long as you keep hitting multiple heroes with the splash, enjoy before it gets hotfixed