Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
Metal Slug.

You're welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GobiasIndustries posted:

Hey just wanted to check and see if this fixed your problems with the headless setup.

Sure did! I didn't have a chance to return to the Pi until today, but through a combination of your config file and Kazy pointing out I should have been using the 2.4Ghz network I have a remote shell now.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I want to pipe live audio into a Pi and stream it in a way that I can just hop on and listen on my iPhone from wherever.

I’d like it to be at least semi-private, and accessible from outside my network without having to forward ports.

I was thinking something Discord-esque, but that won’t run on ARM. I don’t really know how shoutcast works, but maybe? Can anyone point me in a direction?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I’m not sure what you mean when you say Discord won’t work on ARM. The Discord client works fine on iPhone and Android ARM devices, and there are rpi-hosted things to inject into Discord as well. http://www.regall.nl/musicbot/ might suit?

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Subjunctive posted:

I’m not sure what you mean when you say Discord won’t work on ARM. The Discord client works fine on iPhone and Android ARM devices, and there are rpi-hosted things to inject into Discord as well. http://www.regall.nl/musicbot/ might suit?

I was just working from a cursory glance at the Pi forums where they said “discord doesn’t work on a Pi,” but that thing actually looks perfect. I was hoping to use a Zero, but I guess that might be beyond its abilities.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
The Discord desktop client does not have an ARM version currently. It's an Electron application so it'd probably be technically pretty trivial, but how many people are actually running desktop environments on their Pis or Pi-alikes?

The Discord API doesn't give two fucks what platform you're running on as long as it can speak HTTP. Streaming bots are everywhere and most of them are written in a scripting language so you could run them on drat near anything.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Just curious: what would it take to set up a Raspberry Pi to be a Facebook bot? Not the kind that attempts to sway elections, just one that randomly clicks on and likes things in Facebook to create white noise on a user's profile. Then, the user can use it to just chat with family members using messenger or something. Sort of a feeble, "I don't want to stop using this but want to feel like I'm raging against the machine" thing.

Idea based roughly on AdNauseum (https://adnauseam.io/)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The Raspberry Pi-specific issues would be effectively zero. Dealing with FB’s anti-bot protections would be more challenging.

mewse
May 2, 2006

I had to rename mine "krembot" and then it seemed to have carte blanche to facebook's API

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

mewse posted:

I had to rename mine "krembot" and then it seemed to have carte blanche to facebook's API

Just make sure to put X-FSB: Da in your request headers and you won’t have to worry about that.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Crosspost from "Post awesome AI car poo poo" - I wanted to share my fun little pet Pi project.

I absolutely LOVE anything auto-dashboard related especially when it comes to old school digital dashboards. I humbly submit my RaspberryPi creation for a friend's crazy EV conversion project. (search for Teslonda) It went into a 81 Honda Accord so I wanted a period correct aesthetic. My inspiration was a cross between 80's arcade game and early 80s digital dash (specially the 1983 mitsubishi cordia).

here is a screenshot of it in testing mode (dont mind the numbers here: they dont make sense)

Here it is in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uproz8DwcRE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr7YF1gJPks

When the "motor" is cut; the dash goes into a "Continue screen" which counts down from 10, then it goes into a "demo" mode. The thing also serves up an app via wifi so you can do logging, etc on your phone. Raspberry Pi stuff is a goddamned blast!

setup details:
    Hardware
  • RPi 3 B
  • PiCAN 2 hat
  • LiFEPO4WERED/PI (safe shutdown and auto start up capabilities)
  • 7" touchscreen (800 x 480)
  • sparkfun GPS (20Hz) (logging assistance)
    Software side
  • Modified Chromium for the Dash front end (done in canvas)
  • NodeJS backend to handle CAN communication, logging, web server
  • Backend communicates with front end via websocket
  • Serves up app for phone via WiFi (personal AP)

Post your projects doods!

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
That's sweet. You should start referring to the car as Teshonda and then sneak in and change all of the displays to say that too

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That looks awesome!

This is what I'm doing:

This is a toy Ghost I got from splurging on the collector's edition of Destiny a few years ago. It's a fairly fancy bit of tech that can light up and play dialog from the game when you wave your hand at it, but other than that it's just a toy.

However, once I open it up and remove some unneeded plastic, there's a cavity inside that should be able to fit a Pi Zero W, a tiny speaker, an even tinier microphone, and enough ancillary bits to drive the LEDs in the shell through GPIO. At that point I can install an Alexa client on it and have a video game toy that will finally talk back when I talk to it :unsmith:

This is as far as I've gotten right now, I need to resolve a software conflict between the tiny speaker driver and ALSA and investigate the LEDs to see if they can be changed from series to parallel for independent flashing.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Can you have it exclaim that wizard came from the moon every time someone enters the room?

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

haveblue posted:

That looks awesome!

This is what I'm doing:

This is a toy Ghost I got from splurging on the collector's edition of Destiny a few years ago. It's a fairly fancy bit of tech that can light up and play dialog from the game when you wave your hand at it, but other than that it's just a toy.

However, once I open it up and remove some unneeded plastic, there's a cavity inside that should be able to fit a Pi Zero W, a tiny speaker, an even tinier microphone, and enough ancillary bits to drive the LEDs in the shell through GPIO. At that point I can install an Alexa client on it and have a video game toy that will finally talk back when I talk to it :unsmith:

This is as far as I've gotten right now, I need to resolve a software conflict between the tiny speaker driver and ALSA and investigate the LEDs to see if they can be changed from series to parallel for independent flashing.

Dude that is pretty drat neat.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

Professor of Cats posted:

Crosspost from "Post awesome AI car poo poo" - I wanted to share my fun little pet Pi project.

I absolutely LOVE anything auto-dashboard related especially when it comes to old school digital dashboards. I humbly submit my RaspberryPi creation for a friend's crazy EV conversion project. (search for Teslonda) It went into a 81 Honda Accord so I wanted a period correct aesthetic. My inspiration was a cross between 80's arcade game and early 80s digital dash (specially the 1983 mitsubishi cordia).

here is a screenshot of it in testing mode (dont mind the numbers here: they dont make sense)

Here it is in action:

When the "motor" is cut; the dash goes into a "Continue screen" which counts down from 10, then it goes into a "demo" mode. The thing also serves up an app via wifi so you can do logging, etc on your phone. Raspberry Pi stuff is a goddamned blast!

setup details:
    Hardware
  • RPi 3 B
  • PiCAN 2 hat
    Software side

How do you communicate with the car itself? What's the protocol? Do all cars have similar enough protocol or each is different?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Any car sold in the US since 1996 will have obd2 interface on it, which is the easiest and most common way to get this data, I think at 1 second resolution. For stuff without that interface you gotta hack it.

As for doing with with a raspberry, there is a python library that pretty much everyone relies on:

http://www.obdtester.com/pyobd

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

That’s what the CANBUS hat is for I’m guessing.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

e: /\ /\ yep!

Volguus posted:

How do you communicate with the car itself? What's the protocol? Do all cars have similar enough protocol or each is different?

It's through CAN (ev conversion car with it's own controller) using the PiCAN2 hat which has inputs for CAN-low and CAN-high.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
On-board diagnostics, or OBD. It's what car mechanics plug into to see why the Idiot Light has turned on. You can buy bluetooth transmitters that'll plug into your car so you can get a readout on your smartphone, too. It's been standardized/universal on cars for ... twenty years?

e: f,b, over and over.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Just be real hesitant about plugging a bluetooth or wifi (or even cellular) enabled obd2 reader into your car. It creates an attack surface and proof of concepts are out there for dicking around with brakes and steering.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009
Cool, thanks, never looked into this. This is the first time in my life that I asked myself these questions. From what I could google in the last 5 minutes it looks easy enough to get information. Are there things that can one use to simulate the car? For development?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

Can you have it exclaim that wizard came from the moon every time someone enters the room?

Maybe I can implement a skill to ensure that it answers questions about wizard origin correctly (you have to sign up as a dev to run an unofficial device anyway, may as well continue to play with it). The motion sensor from the original circuit is probably not sticking around.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Volguus posted:

Cool, thanks, never looked into this. This is the first time in my life that I asked myself these questions. From what I could google in the last 5 minutes it looks easy enough to get information. Are there things that can one use to simulate the car? For development?

I'm sure there are lots of options. here is one of the things I came across.
https://github.com/zombieCraig/ICSim

If you're interested in sniffing some CAN...an option is to use your Pi and a CANBUS shield (like the PiCAN2!) to just get a can dump of your current car using can-utils library . Then, using the same library (can-utils), you can use canplayer to just loop back that same candump, and develop against that.

Here is a gist that gets your raspberry pi ready for development if that is the case.

Also, check this link out to get some examples on how to use the can-utils and the various CANBUS shields.
https://isojed.nl/blog/tag/pican2/

e: accidentally a link

ickna
May 19, 2004

Here it is in action:

setup details:
    Hardware
  • RPi 3 B
  • PiCAN 2 hat
    Software side

This is absolutely cool as gently caress, and touches a lot of stuff I have been trying to work out for my own car-RPI integration project. Can you go into more detail on your power setup? I haven’t worked out the best approach for safely shutting down and starting the system without manual intervention. I’m also curious about how you draw the UI elements with everything booting properly and no user interaction to get everything up.

My project mostly involves a master RPi that resides in my trunk which takes care of providing GPS over the network via GPSd, and an APRS software modem (Direwolf) with some custom hardware to trigger the PTT on a Baofeng radio and USB sound card to do packet radio broadcast and reception. I use a second RPi as a viewscreen using Xastir for mapping the APRS data and GPS data over the network from the master unit. The idea is that I can pull the viewer unit out to hide it out of sight, but the master unit will continue to work without it and beacon the car’s position in the event that the car is stolen. This much is working so far, but requires a good bit of manual intervention between starting the whole kit up and shutting it down nicely before cutting ignition power.

I have planned further improvements such as ODB interfacing and accelerometer integration to provide a nice dash view of performance related and g-force data for autocrossing, and waking the master unit for an hourly beacon update via radio with location/voltage/temperature data while the car is parked.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

I'm sure there are lots of options. here is one of the things I came across.
https://github.com/zombieCraig/ICSim

If you're interested in sniffing some CAN...an option is to use your Pi and a CANBUS shield (like the PiCAN2!) to just get a can dump of your current car using can-utils library . Then, using the same library (can-utils), you can use canplayer to just loop back that same candump, and develop against that.

Here is a gist that gets your raspberry pi ready for development if that is the case.

Also, check this link out to get some examples on how to use the can-utils and the various CANBUS shields.
https://isojed.nl/blog/tag/pican2/

e: accidentally a link

Oh cool. Yeah, replaying valid pre-recorded data sounds reasonable enough (duh. why didn't I think of that). I see in your setup that you used LiFEPO4WERED/PI . That is because the PI cannot be powered from the OBD? So that battery charges when the car is off? How do you power that ?

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

ickna posted:

This is absolutely cool as gently caress, and touches a lot of stuff I have been trying to work out for my own car-RPI integration project. Can you go into more detail on your power setup? I haven’t worked out the best approach for safely shutting down and starting the system without manual intervention. I’m also curious about how you draw the UI elements with everything booting properly and no user interaction to get everything up.

My project mostly involves a master RPi that resides in my trunk which takes care of providing GPS over the network via GPSd, and an APRS software modem (Direwolf) with some custom hardware to trigger the PTT on a Baofeng radio and USB sound card to do packet radio broadcast and reception. I use a second RPi as a viewscreen using Xastir for mapping the APRS data and GPS data over the network from the master unit. The idea is that I can pull the viewer unit out to hide it out of sight, but the master unit will continue to work without it and beacon the car’s position in the event that the car is stolen. This much is working so far, but requires a good bit of manual intervention between starting the whole kit up and shutting it down nicely before cutting ignition power.

I have planned further improvements such as ODB interfacing and accelerometer integration to provide a nice dash view of performance related and g-force data for autocrossing, and waking the master unit for an hourly beacon update via radio with location/voltage/temperature data while the car is parked.

Huge thanks and also your project sounds effin' awesome!!

Current setup:
  • keyed power -> 12v-5v DC DC converter with 2 usb outlets -> to my dash (cheap Chinese one from amazon, your results may vary)
  • LiFePO4wered/Pi3 to act as a UPS; https://lifepo4wered.com/lifepo4wered-pi3.html
  • Front end is a web app running in Chromium (with all the flags set to make it 'hardware accelerated')
  • The web app - most of the widgets in canvas. (more control on how, when and what is drawn)
  • A few configuration files to auto start chrome. Not included in the gist is using systemctl to setup a bootup service that auto starts my backend node app on boot.

So for the power;
Before, I just converted the system to readonly, which is a pain in the rear end to rev the software but at least it was safe to just hit the switch. Then, after looking through many power options, I settled for the LiFoPOW4ered over Juice4Halt. In short: it detects when it loses external voltage, and after X time, sends a safe shutdown signal to everything. When external power is restored, it boots it back up. Simple! And both of those offer quite a bit of longevity without external power.

Volguus posted:

Oh cool. Yeah, replaying valid pre-recorded data sounds reasonable enough (duh. why didn't I think of that). I see in your setup that you used LiFEPO4WERED/PI . That is because the PI cannot be powered from the OBD? So that battery charges when the car is off? How do you power that ?

I believe ODB2 has power supplied through it, so that is an option as well.

e: added more info on boot stuff
e2: The pi's battery charges when the car is on, because it is fed by 12v.

Professor of Cats fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Apr 12, 2018

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That lifepo4 is unbelievably cool and I'm sad I hadn't heard about it until now. All my away-from-home pi projects so far have been lugging a battery pack and being careful to shut down over ssh before I unplugged everything, I never even thought to look for a UPS type solution.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009
The best feature is:

quote:

Wake-up timer
Extend battery life

If you have a low duty cycle application, you can greatly extend the battery life by using the LiFePO4wered/Pi3™s wake-up timer. This feature allows an application to set the number of minutes the system will stay powered off after shutdown. When the time elapses, the LiFePO4wered/Pi3™ will start the Raspberry Pi up again. This user settable time can range from a minute up to 45 days!

Excellent uses of the wake-up timer are low frequency data logging and time lapse photography.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

xzzy posted:

That lifepo4 is unbelievably cool and I'm sad I hadn't heard about it until now. All my away-from-home pi projects so far have been lugging a battery pack and being careful to shut down over ssh before I unplugged everything, I never even thought to look for a UPS type solution.

If you dig on that page it looks like they have a solar charging variant that you can just wire a solar panel directly in to the board.

Given that the ESP8266 will run off a single 18650 for nearly a week, I always thought it would be interesting to make a WiFi hotspot out of one that redirects all dns to a primitive internalweb forum, then stick it, a powerful magnet, and 2x18650 in a waterproof box, put the solar panel on one side and industrial adhesive on the magnet side, and poof instant digital forever community message board. Just slap it on the Western facing back of any street sign and walk away.

You would need to write a small utility that expires the oldest messages but nodemcu has support for SD cards so you're looking at gigs of messages and photos held at one time.

Edit: I think the formal term for this device is called a captive portal

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Apr 13, 2018

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Hadlock posted:

If you dig on that page it looks like they have a solar charging variant that you can just wire a solar panel directly in to the board.

Given that the ESP8266 will run off a single 18650 for nearly a week, I always thought it would be interesting to make a WiFi hotspot out of one that redirects all dns to a primitive internalweb forum, then stick it, a powerful magnet, and 2x18650 in a waterproof box, put the solar panel on one side and industrial adhesive on the magnet side, and poof instant digital forever community message board. Just slap it on the Western facing back of any street sign and walk away.

You would need to write a small utility that expires the oldest messages but nodemcu has support for SD cards so you're looking at gigs of messages and photos held at one time.

You are describing a dead drop and yes, a wifi dead drop would be cool.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_dead_drop

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Hadlock posted:

This might be fun to have on popular hiking spots where cell reception is non-existent. Only problem is that as soon as there's a vulnerability found for that version of message board software, someone will just use it to send goatse to everyone.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Then write the forum software from scratch and never release the source!

Problem solved, not sure why more people don't do it this way.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Hadlock posted:

A few projects that you could grab for that:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PirateBox
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreedomBox

Or an old phone:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zapya

I've been considering a similar project with Chess - Now any park can become a chess park! All of the hardware resources are definitely helping me put this together, thanks thread!

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
This is cool and you are awesome. It always pleases me to see a well executed solution like this. I have a plug-in Ford Fusion so for the past 4 years I've been saying I was going to do something like that and never could muster up effort to do it right. I love the attract / demo mode too where you get to see all the dials doing stuff, it really does have that come-and-put-a-quarter-in-me feel.

Have you thought of adding Wh/mi to that as well as sort of a fuel economy thing? I have to give Ford props for making a pretty decent dashboard display on my car but when you're on battery (almost all the time for me) it always reads 999mpg so when I am in that sort of mood I just run Torque on an old tablet to track it for me. Also the Ford system doesn't show you when you're regenerative braking more than the batteries can take which would make driving a little more fun if I could play the minigame of "Braking just right to not use brake pads".

EDIT: Forgot to ask, did you use a framework for doing the canvas widgets or is that all from scratch?

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

CapnBry posted:

This is cool and you are awesome. It always pleases me to see a well executed solution like this. I have a plug-in Ford Fusion so for the past 4 years I've been saying I was going to do something like that and never could muster up effort to do it right. I love the attract / demo mode too where you get to see all the dials doing stuff, it really does have that come-and-put-a-quarter-in-me feel.

Have you thought of adding Wh/mi to that as well as sort of a fuel economy thing? I have to give Ford props for making a pretty decent dashboard display on my car but when you're on battery (almost all the time for me) it always reads 999mpg so when I am in that sort of mood I just run Torque on an old tablet to track it for me. Also the Ford system doesn't show you when you're regenerative braking more than the batteries can take which would make driving a little more fun if I could play the minigame of "Braking just right to not use brake pads".

EDIT: Forgot to ask, did you use a framework for doing the canvas widgets or is that all from scratch?

Awesome, thank you so much!!

To answer your question on "Watt/kW hours, battery power left"; that is in the works but the reason for the lack of it is I didn't have direct access to the battery management data at the time. (now I do). On top of that; our immediate needs were specifically output related instead of range related. (Drag strip reasons. :getin:) Now we want to daily this thing around so a range widget will find it's way in.

The regen stuff is fun; Tesla motors are AC motors, so with their giant inverters, they act like big ol' generators when no power is being applied...which actually feels like someone is stepping on the brake. The firmware reports how much kW it is actually being generating (super handy) so you can pedal play with how much "pseudo braking" you do before applying the actual brake. I'm not sure how regenerative braking is handled but I assume they would report it the same way? (in some form of kW?)

As far as the framework, it's all custom believe it or not! (I'm a glutton for punishment)
I wrote all the canvas widgets with a specific intent on only drawing when things are dirty and avoiding all unnecessary clears, etc. Which paid off because Xorg/Xserver is all CPU accelerated so minimizing all unnecessary screen draws payed off big time. The Pi does have a GPU but the current "3d drivers" are experimental and the "fake" 3d driver makes most of the acceleration through the CPU anyway. On top of that, I had to experiment with Chromium flags to see how I can get it to offload the "GPU" work properly. In short, all the canvas "best practices" paid off; no huge canvas objects, paint as much as you need too, dont downsample, etc etc.

The actual number readouts are standard HTML/CSS text readouts with a cool font.

Also, quick backstory on the Teslonda, it's a Tesla, Model S drivetrain (motor and inverter), HSR motor's firmware to interface with the Tesla motor, a Chevy Volt battery pack (very high discharge capability) with a 3rd party Australian battery management system that I cant remember off the top of my head. Lucky for me, the HSR Motor's firmware had a very well documented CAN setup that allowed me to design a dash around without too much reverse engineering.

K sorry for rambling and nerding out. :yaycloud: I think I rambled too much. I had some sake for dinner tonight.

EDIT:

I ran into a snag with the life4powered solution today; now that I added WiFi AP to it, it seems I'm pulling too much amps to keep a charge on the battery? (first guess anyway, more investigation required) :smith: I'll let you all know what I find out of course.

Professor of Cats fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Apr 14, 2018

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I'm not sure how regenerative braking is handled but I assume they would report it the same way? (in some form of kW?)

If you’re braking then your foot is off the accelerator, so you’re getting maximum available regen as a baseline. Braking can reduce that if you overdo it. (The car will light the brake lights under heavy regen, but it’s not applying the brakes in that context.)

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Subjunctive posted:

If you’re braking then your foot is off the accelerator, so you’re getting maximum available regen as a baseline. Braking can reduce that if you overdo it. (The car will light the brake lights under heavy regen, but it’s not applying the brakes in that context.)

Sorry, I'm dumb. I have no idea what I thought you meant in my sake'd brain last night. Anyway, in the controller I have, you even have access to when that threshold is hit(literally a true/false). Those older models kind of dropped the ball on that readout.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Quick update!

On Friday, I think I killed the LifePOW4ered/Pi board. Mainly because I'm an idiot.
At first, the battery wasn't able to charge to what I believe was too much current I was drawing. (active wifi, 7" screen, lots of cpu based drawing, 2-4 active threads, CAN messages, etc). To test that theory, I busted out the multimeter and tools to confirm that was the case. In the process, I shorted a few things...cough..and now the pins responsible for jumping the pi back on do not work. (the battery board, not the pi thank goodness).

So you know what? Screw it! I have a perfectly good 12v battery already with switched power...why bother with the UPS solution?

Going over my requirements again...
  • A way to shut the pi down safely
  • cut power completely once it is shut down (prevent voltage drain)
  • power back on once power is resumed.

Instead of wasting time and wiring something up (ie bugging my buddy with the reflow oven) - I snagged one of these instead. Since the Teslonda's cockpit is already wired up like a 747 jet, I already have a toggle switch for this unit. I'm assuming I could do the same thing with a relay and switched power. Anyway, I'll give a trip report it is all wired up.

e: accidentally a word or two

Professor of Cats fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Apr 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

99.9% of the things I've shorted and killed either happened after 11pm, involved alcohol, or both