Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

dogsicle posted:

it's an Amazon show and isn't set to premiere until tomorrow i think. but since it's Amazon you can expect frequent and unexpected delays when it comes to the episodes actually getting uploaded.

Goddammit.

The worst loving system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Good to know Steins Gate Zero confirming it'll be AotS with that first episode. I guess it was a safe pick for that before but that was a very intense episode really good.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

the ptsd scene was genuinely tough to get through

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Futaba Anzu posted:

Good to know Steins Gate Zero confirming it'll be AotS with that first episode. I guess it was a safe pick for that before but that was a very intense episode really good.

What universe are you posting from

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Davincie posted:

the only good chinese anime was the brother sister one that was somehow the only brother sister anime in existence that isnt incestual

Ani ni Tsukeru Kusuri wa Nai! was a fun little diversion, I think we're the only two people here who watched it. Brian the Sun even did the OP

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

GorfZaplen posted:

What universe are you posting from

To be fair, Stein;Gate is a really popular anime, and without having prior knowledge of the material i would have wagered Zero would have been if similar quality...and who knows, maybe the anime will elevate itself above the source material.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Julias posted:

To be fair, Stein;Gate is a really popular anime, and without having prior knowledge of the material i would have wagered Zero would have been if similar quality...and who knows, maybe the anime will elevate itself above the source material.

was the game not well received?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Futaba Anzu posted:

Er, that post was more presumptuous than I meant it to be, sorry...

It recieved plenty of praise from critics, and I've seen many people enjoy the game too, but I've also heard from a few ADTRW posters that it sucks compared to the original VN, and I kinda trust their opinions, so I wasn't expecting the story to be good-however the rest of the show could absolutely be amazing and it wouldn't even shock me.

Is anyone else watching Steins;Gate Zero?

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Futaba Anzu posted:

It was pretty divisive from what I've seen. I enjoyed it myself even if I didn't think it was quite as good as the first, but I can definitely see where the criticism comes from. Some of the subplots just weren't well-executed - though my main issue with those was in the way they were told rather than in the actual story itself - and the ending was rather disappointing, so there's room for the anime to improve things. All that said, I feel that quite a bit of the criticism gets overblown, so I wouldn't worry too much if you're enjoying it thus far.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Julias posted:

Er, that post was more presumptuous than I meant it to be, sorry...

It recieved plenty of praise from critics, and I've seen many people enjoy the game too, but I've also heard from a few ADTRW posters that it sucks compared to the original VN, and I kinda trust their opinions, so I wasn't expecting the story to be good-however the rest of the show could absolutely be amazing and it wouldn't even shock me.

Is anyone else watching Steins;Gate Zero?

I haven't watched it yet but I plan to. I am kinda concerned because a handwave plot point on the main story isn't exactly the most exciting thing in the first place

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Steins;Gate 0 the VN is fine but just comes across as ultimately superfluous/unnecessary. Okabe's "new" arc is interesting in of itself but it it's compromised simply by the fact that you know how it ends in the original and none of what they do with the rest of the cast is enough to fill out the rest of the story, so it feels like it's spinning its wheels for much of it.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I guess in so far as much as it is a show about how he deals with his trauma and PTSD, I thought the first episode did a really great job showing his efforts and attempting to get past it, a lot of it requiring some subtle inferring. As far as pacing issues would go, I guess my one critique would be that the episode would have ended way better if it was 10 seconds longer and showed whatever Amadeus Kurisu is on the screen and Kyouma's reaction to that, though I'm just assuming that's what happens next according to the plot synopsis.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

If anyone was interested, some anonymous internet person has subbed Jikkenhin Kazoku/Creature Family Days :toot: They're definitely not perfect but they get the job done and hopefully the fansubber sticks with it for the rest of the show. Gunna enjoy having 15 minutes of cute family moments between weirdo genetic experiments each week

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
i like the new sword art anime

the main character seems fun in a game otherwise full of tryhards

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I liked the tryhards that had an excuse for trying hard but then they forget the game they were using for training purposes has magic speedhacks and probably wouldnt be good for real world training so they resign.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Xinder posted:

i like the new sword art anime

the main character seems fun in a game otherwise full of Tier 1 Operators Going Loud and Dropping Tangos

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Steins gate zero was an enjoyable read in the moment but it's superfluous narratively since of where they position it and most everything effective in the game is just hitting the same emotional notes as the first, the new characters and subplots are pretty weak

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Yeah Steins;Gate 0 is definitely decent enough and I liked going through it but it felt like almost growing out of a fandom while reading it. That being said I like "normal" Okabe premise a lot. The anime adaptation seems equivalent quality to the first anime so far. I'll look forward to the episodes each week. This season does seem rather strong to me personally judging from first few episodes of a few shows.

edit: I honestly wish the Sci;Adv series would just make a new VN/anime/whatever with adults as the protagonist. One of the major likes I had for Steins;Gate was that the cast weren't bunch of high schoolers.

No, watch the original
|
v

Dessel fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Apr 11, 2018

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Is it watchable if you know jack poo poo about steins gate?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

No

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kater posted:

Is it watchable if you know jack poo poo about steins gate?

no

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

If you’re like me, and you stopped reading/watching Yowamushi Pedal a while ago, you might want to watch the latest episode. It’s a character background episode and it is so loving wild I couldn’t stop yelling and laughing.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Talking of the new shows, Caligula's reminded me a lot of Steins;Gate's beginning in a really, really good way and apparently I'm not the only one... until whatever the gently caress at the end happened. I pray we're not going lol swords and guns and humans with superpowers route. I mean, I kinda remembered the basic premise of the show but I did not expect that lovely end at all.

edit: I'm not really holding out for much hope but the show had great atmosphere.

Dessel fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Apr 12, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I had exactly the same reaction because I didn't know Caligula was based on Vita JRPG.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

There's a lot of calming Spring anime this time around :3:

Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi: I'm still on the fence if I like the premise but MC looks determined and I love the fox ears.

Uchuu Senkan Tiramisù: Grab bag anime and pretty boys in space.

Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori: Combining my two hobbies tea + pretty boys = instant follow.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Wotakoi OP out:

https://streamable.com/bcpe9

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is it weird that, even when I've yet to see the show / read the manga, I'm already imagining Miyuki Sawashiro's voice just from watching the OP and loving it? :allears:

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
https://diff.pics/bscYnEmZrFJS/1

Funimation subs doesn't seem to inspire confidence.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Does anyone even know when Amazon US is supposed to have Wotakoi out?

Also:

Good job amazon.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

Crain posted:

Does anyone even know when Amazon US is supposed to have Wotakoi out?

Also:

Good job amazon.

Probably tomorrow.

Thursday is the actual airing date in Japan. It is just that Amazon Japan gets noitaminA shows a day early for the 1st episode, which usually also includes English subs but I guess they stopped doing that.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Gegege no kitari or whatever was... A thing. Maybe not as good as magical circle, but I'll give it a few episodes for weirds.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

kayakyakr posted:

Gegege no kitari or whatever was... A thing. Maybe not as good as magical circle, but I'll give it a few episodes for weirds.

Respect the classics.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

(In a more menacing tone)

Or else...

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Dessel posted:

Talking of the new shows, Caligula's reminded me a lot of Steins;Gate's beginning in a really, really good way and apparently I'm not the only one... until whatever the gently caress at the end happened. I pray we're not going lol swords and guns and humans with superpowers route. I mean, I kinda remembered the basic premise of the show but I did not expect that lovely end at all.

edit: I'm not really holding out for much hope but the show had great atmosphere.

It’s not any more ridiculous than P5 wrt powers or fighting as a mechanic in conflicts, but the story is less about the fighting itself and more about the characters and why they are the way they are.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

If only zoglin was here to see this.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
I binged the first 3 episodes of Horse Girl Show and it started out creepy weird but cute and has just turned out cute.

I also watched the first episode of Gay Men Cafe, which was LOVELY, and Creature Family Days, which I’ll stick with for now...

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Comic Girls would 2 sure had a lot of barely filtered photos for backgrounds.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its the new trend in budget anime creation

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Knorth posted:

If anyone was interested, some anonymous internet person has subbed Jikkenhin Kazoku/Creature Family Days :toot: They're definitely not perfect but they get the job done and hopefully the fansubber sticks with it for the rest of the show. Gunna enjoy having 15 minutes of cute family moments between weirdo genetic experiments each week

The spider girl is extremely good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

e: sorry

Motto fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 13, 2018

• Locked thread