Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Tengames posted:

we got an entirely seperate expedition system don't we?

Didn’t they take that from Brave Frontier? :)

(But you’re right, and we did get the Malboro trial. When they’re not under the gun to meet a deadline, they can do good work...sometimes.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Wyrmthang posted:

Hey all,

I was wondering if one of you kind and generous souls would put up a DV kitted out to solo the Dark Beasts trial? Big shout out to arisu and Ugato for helping me on the Gilgamesh one, and while I hate to be a burden I really appreciate all the hard work and effort you all put in to make these trials easy for someone like me who is rebuilding his account from scratch.

Since I'm lucky enough that I can make one of those, I put up my DV with the Dark Esper build. Like many others I was carried by goons earlier on, so I'm happy to pay it forward when I can.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Wyrmthang posted:

Hey all,

I was wondering if one of you kind and generous souls would put up a DV kitted out to solo the Dark Beasts trial? Big shout out to arisu and Ugato for helping me on the Gilgamesh one, and while I hate to be a burden I really appreciate all the hard work and effort you all put in to make these trials easy for someone like me who is rebuilding his account from scratch.

Sure. I have a dv for that if you need another go (you can get the moogle or large sword mastery with a carrying unit, but not both).

Chasiu posted:

I have had the same issue on Memu lately and am also using Cloud as one of my two attacking units. I also think the issue is because he attacks so fast, the game hasn't realized the first mob is dead yet, so the other unit attacks the same mob instead of the second.

Yeah Cloud was the issue. I swapped to slightly slower attacking units and it’s been running without a hitch.

E:

All the talk of 7* cost made me curious about two things. I wasn’t able to find an xp chart for 7* progression so I couldn’t see how soul crushing that was going to be.

Christ I have a horseshoe up my rear end when it comes to this game since November. I had 14 total rainbows going into the 3% upgrade dropping, and have gotten 55 more in the past 4 months. Right now I need 63m gil just to do all the 7* awakenings. Just give us cactuars already. I have so many I’m gonna have to smash together.

Basch
Noctis
Onion Knight
Dark Veritas
Emperor
Dark Fina*
Delita
Barbariccia*
Fryevia
Olive**
Gladio
Ayaka**
Loren
Prishe
Fohlen
TTerra
SDFina
Tidus
Marie
DK Cecil
Lightning*

* - super TMR
** - 3 copies

Ugato fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 11, 2018

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Quote is not edit

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Ugato posted:

Christ I have a horseshoe up my rear end when it comes to this game since November. I had 14 total rainbows going into the 3% upgrade dropping, and have gotten 55 more in the past 4 months. Right now I need 63m gil just to do all the 7* awakenings. Just give us cactuars already. I have so many I’m gonna have to smash together.

hahahaha. I've been playing since launch, and have 33 rainbows total. 7* capable: Prishe, Delita, Ramza, Demon Rain, Lightning, Queen

e: vvv It's more like reverse-bragging, since my luck completely sucks

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Apr 11, 2018

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

Didn’t they take that from Brave Frontier? :)

(But you’re right, and we did get the Malboro trial. When they’re not under the gun to meet a deadline, they can do good work...sometimes.)
Poor Echidna got totally eclipsed by Marlboro as far as GE stuff goes.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Are we all bragging now? Is it time to brag? I'm gonna.

Playing since launch, 48 5* base units, 40 if you don't count units like the free Lightning, and the free Kelsii, Y'shtolae, and Lara Crofts.

Gonna day around half to a third of them have been since December last year, starting with Kryla.

I can get a 7* Orlandeu, Trance Terra, Kunshira, Dark Knight Cecil, Luneth, Tidus, Reberta, Marie with half her STMR, and a fully STMR'd Lightning. Definitely going for an Ayaka dupe with the first UoC ticket.

Also...

Been looking a lot at 7* stuff on the Famitsu wiki. The 6* characters are all rated similarly to the English FFBE wiki... and the 7* units go from 20.0 to 22.0. A "bad" 7* like Marie is "only" rated 20.0. We're probably going to be good for a while even with "bad" 7* units...

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
If we're taking stock, I've been playing a year-and-a-half and have pulled 29 5-base units. Of those, only 5 came before the 3% rate up, and of those 2 I got right before the rate up.

For 5* dupes I have 2 each of Noctis, Fohlen, Nyx, and Loren.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I've got 41 5* bases; I honestly can't remember how many before the rate up change.

I can awaken to 7* Basch, Marie, Noctis, Emperor, Fryevia, Orlandeau, Lightning, Dark Fina, and Dark Knight Cecil.

I'm pretty set, and my first UoC is definitely going to Ayaka which gives me a full team of tank/heal/damage/support at 7*.

No STMRs yet though, which I'm not sure if I should be happy about or not. On the one hand, it means I haven't gotten a bunch of useless dupes, but on the other, no super cool mega items. Maybe someday.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Been playing this account since before base 5*, have 19 not counting the free ones and two 7* (Delita and BS Sakura). I do have like every limited 4*, though?

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Did a bit of extra pulling today and got 2 rainbows! Ended up getting Emperor and Loren #3. I don't know how good Emperor is but now I'm just one Loren short of that STMR. Still disappointed I didn't get an X 5*.

I've gotten 14 base 5*s. Probably could have gotten more but I only relatively recently came back to the game. 5 were from before the rate increase. This includes the guaranteed 5* before and the free Lightning after. I'm also poised for a potential 7* Wilhelm, Olive, and Loren.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
63 Rainbows pulled

6 Dark Finas
2 Queen
3 Lulu
2 Orlandeau
3 Olive

3 Wilhelm
3 Ayaka
2 Marie
2 Lunera
2 Ramza

2 Rem
2 Merc. Ramza
2 Knight Delita
2 Gilgamesh
2 Tidus

3(2 from pulls) Lightning

Eiko
Cloud
Reberta
Jiraiya
Swimsuit Dark Fina

Duke
Elfreeda
Emperor
Basch
Explorer Aileen

Ang
Onion Knight
Chow
Fryevia
Gladiolus

2B
Fire Veritas
Dark Veritas
Beatrix
Noctis

Grim Lord Sakura
Roy
Luneth

Played since launch, didn't really spend any significant money on it until Reberta dropped though. Chased a couple banners fairly hard but had good luck in other instances; probably spent $1500 on the game total; not so much this year as the 7* release dissuaded me from dropping anything except for specific banners (oh Beatrix...). Probably whale for Sephiroth since his other banner unit is great. Can't say I'm that interested in anything else that's being released in the next couple months though.

Dark Veritas, Trance Terra and Onion Knight are the first units I'd use a UoC ticket on.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

New FFBE Story Event coming. Units are Camille, Emperor Shera, Namless Gunner Jake, Ozetta, and Riley. There's also a 4* (6* max) character you get free as a Story Area Completion Reward. Whoever it is, they can't be summoned.

Gear is:
Crown Of The Covenant: DEF +5, MAG/SPR +20%; Hat
Fangbreaker: ATK +62 HP +15%; Mace

Crysts look to be White and Power.

Nameless Gunner Jake is CG Jake's Global name. Camile has been upgraded to 6*. Ozetta is a 4*-6*, and this time, they threw 2x 3* Units on the banner: Camile and Riley, with Riley capping at 5*.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This banner is a safe skip if you’re in hoard mode till Sephiroth or CG Nichol, and such.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
He’s Nameless Gunner Jake, but Jake is a name! :confused:

Man, Jake really sucks.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
It looks like playing since launch I have 33 base 5*s, but of them I only have dupes in Lightning, Rem, Luneth, and Ace. I'm a bit concerned with how well off I'm going to be going into the 7* meta.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Did I hear correctly that 6* Camille chains with Tidus?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Reddit info page for Mystery Unit. Apparently, her name is Emilia.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Free pull Rainbow!....Knight Delita #1, yet another rainbow who chains with no one that I have. Good armor for a tank for fights where I can't just have Noctis dodge tank, but otherwise useless to me.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
seeing jakes face on his new CG animation really underscores how horrid his interactions with Lid are.

looking forward to 6* camille though.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The only good thing about CG Jake is that his victory animation pairs with CG Lid.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5EeWnoptSOA

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

After drowning me in Wakkas (I'm up to 24 now) and starting to do that with Seymours (up to 6 now), and throwing poo poo at me like Sara or Fran or Xiao, the game gave me a Rainbow on Yuna's banner.

Sadly, it wasn't Yuna, or Lulu, or even Eiko, all of whom I'd like to have. It was, instead, Blossom Sage Sakura. I am very much OK with this.

Now if I could just manage to get an Ayaka...

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I'm gonna pull on the new banner for the banner gold. I don't have a Wilhelm so she seems like a pretty good provoke tank to try out (even though I do have Cagnazzo), and her TM is the tanking chest piece I've been missing all this time.

Wyrmthang
Nov 30, 2014

As dry as it gets!
PDQ thank you very much for that DV, Ugato I appreciate the offer as well. Had to run the thing twice to get all the conditions, but it's in the bag and I love my new Ifrit Claw and Large Sword Mastery. Much appreciated. Oh and that robe isn't terrible either :) You folks rule!

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
With 40 5* pulls since last Easter, I'm 7* ready with: Aileen, Dark Fina, DK Cecil, Elfreeda, Fryevia, Gladiolus, Lightning, Nyx, Roy, Wilhelm, and Zargabaath. Seems like an interesting mix. I'm looking forward to it.

Edit: guess I need to start bankrolling 30M gil.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I'm totally ready for 7* with Noctis and Fohlen! :black101:

e: Oh yeah there was the free rookie Lightning as well, that's three 7*s!

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 11, 2018

Wyrmthang
Nov 30, 2014

As dry as it gets!
On my new account I have 4 copies of Kunshira so that will set me up for 2x 7* Kunshira's. Should be elemental chains for days.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I have played for just over a year. I have a ton of rainbows, almost all after the rate increase, but very few chainers that chain together and the only dupe chainer I have is Fohlen. For 7* I have Fohlen, Noctis, Queen, Emperor, Luneth, Olive(including stmr), and Greg.

Total Rainbow List:
Lightning
Dark Knight Cecil
Luneth x2
Gilgamesh x2
Noctis x2
Dark Fina
Emperor x2
Olive x4
Queen x2
Fryevia
Aileen
Reberta
Rem
Wilhelm
Fohlen x2
Seabreeze Dark Fina
Tidus
Mercenary Ramza
Knight Delita
Veritas of the Dark
Veritas of the Flame
Onion Knight
Ayaka
Nyx
Loren
Elfreeda
Blossom Sage Sakura
Beatrix
Eiko
Kunshira

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 11, 2018

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

KDdidit posted:

Did I hear correctly that 6* Camille chains with Tidus?

Yes.

Servaetes posted:

It looks like playing since launch I have 33 base 5*s, but of them I only have dupes in Lightning, Rem, Luneth, and Ace. I'm a bit concerned with how well off I'm going to be going into the 7* meta.

You have good units that make good 7* ones. The "worst" 7* is still streets ahead of the best 6*. Your main problem will be money. Cactaur Dunes this weekend!

Kheldarn posted:

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Emilia

If you can't read Japanese.

\/\/\/ More status effects and breaking, though. For a newer player that doesn't have those yet...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Apr 11, 2018

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

Sadly most of her kit is a carbon copy of Shine. Mostly cause she is Shine.

If you really like Nyx her TM is the only Knife/Short Sword Mastery you'll be getting for a while. But otherwise it's just a free Shine.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I used my 10% 5* ticket and got some little elf guy. Thanks game :mad:

In :aaaaa: news, I just realized B Sage Sakura isn’t some weird cat-girl. Her ‘ears’ are her headband and her ‘tail’ is just her braid.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Fingers crossed that my 7*s are great: Delita, K.Delita, Eiko, Ray Jay, Reberta, Olive, Lunetha, and Marie. Hope they're all GREATTT!

iloverice
Feb 19, 2007

future tv ninja
For some reason, all of my friends have switched off of their Olives. I could use more Olives! I put my Olive up (currently equipped to solo the Glacial Trial).

ID: 687,149,266

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey so I was reading Japanese game news and I saw that Xenogears is coming to Brave Exvius and that was the last straw I needed to finally get into this. I've never played Brave Frontier so I don't have that to go from but what would you guys say this is like compared to SE's other FF mobile gacha thing Dissidia Opera Omnia? I've read the OP so I've got a general idea but is there a big co-op push like that game or is it mostly solo?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Cobalt60 posted:

Fingers crossed that my 7*s are great: Delita, K.Delita, Eiko, Ray Jay, Reberta, Olive, Lunetha, and Marie. Hope they're all GREATTT!

Delita and K Delita are both pretty decent 7*, as is Eiko. Rayman likely won't get a 7*, we have no idea what Reberta and Olive will look like, and Luneth and Marie aren't great.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
39 Rainbows since launch, I think 4-6 prior to the rainbow change. Current 7* capable units include, in rough order of how I'm prioritizing them:

Lightning
Queen
Basch
Dark Veritas
Ramza
Lulu
Orlandeau
Luneth
Prishe

A Sephiroth would be really nice so I could have a chaining partner with 7* DV, so please Gumi, keep the Step-Ups the same. But god, that's 12 million gold for the first four 7*s on the list that I actually care about :(

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ah, they added her. I checked before I posted earlier, and it was a red link page. I was thinking that she was going to end up as NNN Amelia, since she was a Maid, but I guess they're twins.

I find it weird that Emilia is Shine, since Silvia looks exactly like her. Oh well.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Hey so I was reading Japanese game news and I saw that Xenogears is coming to Brave Exvius and that was the last straw I needed to finally get into this. I've never played Brave Frontier so I don't have that to go from but what would you guys say this is like compared to SE's other FF mobile gacha thing Dissidia Opera Omnia? I've read the OP so I've got a general idea but is there a big co-op push like that game or is it mostly solo?

It's a solo game. There is a friend unit system where everybody can share one unit and you can bring that unit to nearly any content in the game but you control them entirely. There's also a PVP mode but the other team is AI controlled and just acts randomly.

It's a character gacha though so when Xenogears comes along you'll be praying for RNJesus to give you the Xenogears cast. You can reroll until you get the characters though. Also it depends on if you're playing on Japan's servers or Global's, JP is getting the Xenogears crossover this month or next? There's no announcement for Global though and it isn't even certain if Global will get it, for example we didn't get the Dragon Warrior crossover. I think the community manager on Reddit said there's an upcoming crossover but haven't said what it is yet.

e: For a comparison to DOO imagine if instead of swapping out a party member to use a friend unit for a few turns they're a permanent slot in your party. A dedicated slot for friend units to the point that content where you can't bring a friend unit has your party down to five units instead of the typical six.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 11, 2018

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cobalt60 posted:

Ray Jay might never get a 7* since he's a collab unit and his collab's game is closing.

Olive's 7* is going to be amazing if Gumi doesn't intentionally cripple her. Here's hoping her STMR is a hat with a bunch of +attack and some TDH dmg boosts or something like that. Maybe +50% LB fill rate to make LB spam with her even more viable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare

Policenaut posted:

Good points so far. I'll add that while I think that DFFOO appears more generous, it's also true that you have to randomly draw four copies of a weapon to max it out. In FFBE, you only need one copy of a unit (for now) to make good use of it. Also, I think the grind in DFFOO is way more time-consuming and boring than the equivalent in FFBE. And I hate having to convince random people to team up with me to earn all the rewards.

I'm still playing DFFOO, but I like FFBE a lot more.

• Locked thread