Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

People keep telling me I look like I lost weight and my clothes are looser. Turns out getting the flu is the best diet.

I look forward to being extremely weak at the gym tomorrow and going home in shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

TenementFunster posted:

also after being stuck around 190lbs for a year, i’m fluctuating around 205lbs for the past few months after i ate whatever i wanted for about two months after my dad died. i cannot lie to myself any longer by saying it’s just leg progress. i fear i’m actually gonna have to stop eating fried foods and bread and poo poo.

Veggies bro

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

never stop eating bread

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Earn ur carbs

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Beans y'all.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Fitness tip 2018: eat the booty instead of groceries.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

KyloWinter posted:

IS RP for enhanced lifterS?

Nah I just train too hard I think. Like, "I almost died but probably could have done another set" gets a 1 rating from me.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Have some vintage fitness girls.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I’m good thanks

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Lifts feel awful this morning, maybe I should deload. :smith:

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Did my birthday squat set of 225 for 28, now I'm gonna stuff my face

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
my squat is garbage

i pray for death

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

KyloWinter posted:

Veggies bro
sounds like some soyboy poo poo idk

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Im now the heaviest ive ever been. Tipped 113kg today :getin:

Ive put on 10kg/22lbs this year

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Defiant Sally posted:

my squat is garbage

i pray for death
posting between sets of squats to confirm that squats are garbage

also the pulldown machine is broken so i’m just doing chin ups i guess and it’s going better than expected

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

TenementFunster posted:

posting between sets of squats to confirm that squats are garbage

also the pulldown machine is broken so i’m just doing chin ups i guess and it’s going better than expected

squats are sweet

MY squat is garbage

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Defiant Sally posted:

squats are sweet

Defiant Sally posted:

Squats are impossible and gay
were you lying then or are you lying now?

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

TenementFunster posted:

were you lying then or are you lying now?

They can be both. Squats are sweet and awesome, but they also suck and seem impossible. I’m on a squat plateau and my bench is going to overtake it at this point :/

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
try Bulgarian Split Squats for a while

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
a strong boy a good boy

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Homestar Runner posted:

try Bulgarian Split Squats for a while

or just do pistol squats

if u have wut it takes...

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Sludge Tank posted:

Im now the heaviest ive ever been. Tipped 113kg today :getin:

Ive put on 10kg/22lbs this year

how fat are you

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Probably around or under 20%

Sludge Tank fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Apr 10, 2018

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

Nap Ghost
I put on 20 lbs last year but I'm definitely not under 20%.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

20% of me is my huge dong

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

20% of me is my huge dong

same but with my massive butt

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

hemale in pain posted:

same but with my massive butt

So are you saying that you are 20% butt or that your butt combined with your dong is 40% of your entire body mass? If that is the case, what are testicles percentage wise?

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

Nap Ghost
100%

e: 105%

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

My dong has plateaued

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
My overhead press has plateaued. I video'd myself doing 140x1 earlier and it took me about 7 seconds to get it to lockout

speaking of 7 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6FCNJtg8Gk

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Omnikin posted:

My overhead press has plateaued. I video'd myself doing 140x1 earlier and it took me about 7 seconds to get it to lockout

I did a OHP 5x5 this morning and hit a high score for me doing 5x125 after 115, 105, 85, 65 which was really encouraging.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

This is going to sound really loving stupid but for context I'm a fat man who grew up a fat kid raised by fat parents.

I was driving home from the gym today and was scratching my arm when I realized it felt really firm and that my couple years going to the gym, even inconsistently, has built a bunch of muscle and I was just embarrassingly pleased with myself as I sat there groping my arm on the steering wheel. I'm still fat and have a lot of progress to make but that very tangible evidence of success is really motivating.

I wanted to tell someone but couldn't tell anybody I know IRL without feeling really stupid so it's going here.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I'm jealous of you dudes with strong stable shoulders. Rugby wrecked my shoulders pretty bad from wrenching and dislocations...and my ankles, and my brain too

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Garrand posted:

This is going to sound really loving stupid but for context I'm a fat man who grew up a fat kid raised by fat parents.

I was driving home from the gym today and was scratching my arm when I realized it felt really firm and that my couple years going to the gym, even inconsistently, has built a bunch of muscle and I was just embarrassingly pleased with myself as I sat there groping my arm on the steering wheel. I'm still fat and have a lot of progress to make but that very tangible evidence of success is really motivating.

I wanted to tell someone but couldn't tell anybody I know IRL without feeling really stupid so it's going here.

This poo poo?

This is the good poo poo. This is the motivatin' poo poo. Keep looking for little signs of success, you'll keep finding 'em.

The scale's a good one, and useful to focus on, but that'll plateau every now and again and that's fine. I've realised that I can feel my abs comin' in underneath what's left of my gut and every day there's less and less gut there.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Garrand posted:

It's good to enjoy the small victories. I've recently started to take cutting actually seriously and now catch me staring at the slight vascularity of my forearms.
But I still got like 10lbs to go so just kill me please.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I've slid from second-to-last hole on my belt (fat side) to the other second to last hole on my belt (less fat side). Bottle that feeling up and inject it into my loving veins man

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Sometimes I get so skinny that I worry about not having a narrow enough hole in my lifting belt but then I eat some ice cream and get back to comfortably having two sets of holes to spare thanks for reading

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

I had to buy a new suit because it felt like if I sat down in my old one the trousers and jacket would all rip up the sides :getin:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

feelix posted:

Sometimes I get so skinny that I worry about not having a narrow enough hole in my lifting belt but then I eat some ice cream and get back to comfortably having two sets of holes to spare thanks for reading

You only need one hole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I'm always worried about my hole not being narrow enough