Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Helianthus Annuus posted:

pls let us know how it goes....

what can you expect for recovery this time around?

i bet it'll be a real pain in the rear end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

ate all the Oreos posted:

i bet it'll be a real pain in the rear end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was going to say that but i didn't want to make her the butt of any jokes

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
wouldn't want to get bummed out

:yosbutt:

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer
:five:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

prediction for cis autodrag's next post:

cis autodrag posted:

Owwwweeeeee

Anesthesia sucks and I'm bleeding on a hotel bed lmao

(good luck!)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

poo poo I didn't realize her next surgery was this soon. How time flies~

Which one is this if you're still up cis autodrag (guessing not), :yosbutt: aug or... uh what's the proper name, GRS i guess? that doesn't feel like the right name but I'm brainfarting on the other one

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

she gettin' buns done.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

rockin'

best wishes cis autodrag, don't bleed on the hotel sheets too much, they charge for that

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Shifty Pony posted:

she gettin' buns done, hun *wh-pssssh*

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
this pain level is almost existential. i feel worse than after i got my poo poo beat in in my first mma fight.

he took 10 pounds of fat out of my torso and put 7 into my rear end and hips. it's amazing, you can tell even through all the swelling that i have a little waist and big hips now.

thanks for all the well-wishes y'all.

somebody asked about recovery time: it's 6 weeks til i can sit on my rear end and it can take up to 6 months for all the swelling to go down.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
oh and im watching the brewers game on mlb.tv nao and it was aired on facebook (ugh) so these announcers are total weenies who don't know poo poo about baseball.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Conassulations

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Congratulations cis autodrag. Good luck on recovery.

Everyone: you all belong. You are welcome and wanted. :h:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

oh poo poo you got a bbl

yeah the lipo is ouchy. You can wear shapewear that covers the area so you can alternate and wash garments, but you'll have to put up with that for 3 weeks or so. I still slip on the shapewear for a day if im feeling any discomfort in the areas I had done and it'll help fluids move.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Synthbuttrange posted:

oh poo poo you got a bbl

yeah the lipo is ouchy. You can wear shapewear that covers the area so you can alternate and wash garments, but you'll have to put up with that for 3 weeks or so. I still slip on the shapewear for a day if im feeling any discomfort in the areas I had done and it'll help fluids move.

He told me it's fine to be out while I wash it, so that's good.

The only problem is that the straps on the garment are super tight because I'm a foot taller than most cis women, lol.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

cis autodrag posted:

He told me it's fine to be out while I wash it, so that's good.

The only problem is that the straps on the garment are super tight because I'm a foot taller than most cis women, lol.

aren't they supposed to be super tight to like, squeeze everything together?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

aren't they supposed to be super tight to like, squeeze everything together?

No, I mean the shoulder straps. This thing looks like overalls. The shoulder straps are designed for a much shorter person.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

cis autodrag posted:

No, I mean the shoulder straps. This thing looks like overalls. The shoulder straps are designed for a much shorter person.

oh that sucks, hope you heal fast so you can enjoy your new butt in comfort and style instead of that :shobon:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Thx.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

oh sheesh you could have just gone extra-high waist short style compressors.

my doc recommended I order a male designed one which gave me mega dysphoria at first but then I was super thankful to be able to pee through the holes without having to strip off the garment, that would have suuuucked.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

cis autodrag posted:

I agree with this with reservations. Athletics and HRT just hasn't been studied that much. HRT in general hasn't been studied that much

We can say subjectively they most trans women report reduced strength and endurance, but there hasn't been a huge empirical effort to put numbers to that

That said, I have a friend who is a retired competitive cyclist who started hormones last year and she said her times have decreased about 30 percent in that span and she can't ride as far anymore. The issue with anecdotes like this is that some of this is almost certainly psychosomatic; trans women convince themselves hormones are doing all sorts of poo poo to them that let's them perform stereotyped femininity better.

On the whole I think there's 0 problem with trans women playing non contact sports unless we suddenly see them dominating all the top spots.

However as a former fighter, I'm not sure trans women should be fighting cis women. Raw strength and endurance might be equal, it a male puberty means in just have better strength and leverages regardless of weight just due to my anatomy and there's just no way to quantify that.

I'll also just throw in the final thought that the whole "debate" on this is rooted in conservative dick fear like everything else. Nobody gives a gently caress if trans guys compete with men, but suddenly it's a big deal with a trans lady wants to try for a women's track team.

cis autodrag posted:

I'm not even talking about nonbinary people here. I'm a full on trans woman with average female hormone levels but at the end of the day my chest is broader, my limbs are longer, and my hips are higher and these give me advantages in terms of leverages that aren't available to someone who had a female puberty. I'm no stronger than a cis woman if similar weight, but 8 can crank an arm-in choke or a knee bar harder and further just due to length of levers.

Also i can punch and kick from like 2 feet further away

I dunno, it's something that needs to be studied more. Fallon Fox is an old lady fighting other old ladies in a swamp league. Data from her fights isn't a robust enough data set to draw conclusions from (and of course everyone she beats whines about "man strength")

this is a really good and even-handed look at the issue IMO. we know long term exposure to androgens produces essentially life long effects all the way from protein synthesis and the nuclei count of skeletal myocytes up to limb length etc as you mentioned

that being said sports has always been dominated by people with outlier or 'unusual' physiques (see lamar gant) and denying someone the right to participate in a sport unless they're going to seriously injure someone or they're seriously competing in bad faith doesn't really seem in the spirit of sport

generally studies will show that women / people with an estrogen predominant hormone profile will have slightly better endurance than an androgen heavy counterpart because androgens tend to decrease endurance in favour of power. it's interesting that MTF trans people claim reduced endurance and that's probably worth studying.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

cis autodrag posted:

this pain level is almost existential. i feel worse than after i got my poo poo beat in in my first mma fight.

he took 10 pounds of fat out of my torso and put 7 into my rear end and hips. it's amazing, you can tell even through all the swelling that i have a little waist and big hips now.

thanks for all the well-wishes y'all.

somebody asked about recovery time: it's 6 weeks til i can sit on my rear end and it can take up to 6 months for all the swelling to go down.

congrats on the donk, i hope they gave you some of the good painkillers

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Synthbuttrange posted:

oh sheesh you could have just gone extra-high waist short style compressors.

my doc recommended I order a male designed one which gave me mega dysphoria at first but then I was super thankful to be able to pee through the holes without having to strip off the garment, that would have suuuucked.

The doctor ordered it. He tries to be all inclusive in supplies. They gave me a booty buddy too. He's called me a couple times already to check on me.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
congrats <3 your butt is now out of this world

(sorry for the cishet-esque joke)

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

cis autodrag posted:

if it’s really bad a tailor can lengthen those in 3 minutes flat. congrasstulations!

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

this legit sounds like something off an as-seen-on-tv ad

congrats on filling your asspirations

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

cis autodrag posted:

ooof. hang in there - it'll all be worth it in the end

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

i wonder if they do it for just removing fat from the abdomen, cause i sure as hell have enough in my thighs and butt :/

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pollyanna posted:

i wonder if they do it for just removing fat from the abdomen, cause i sure as hell have enough in my thighs and butt :/

this is called just plain liposuction pollyanna. shut the gently caress up

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

maybe they can put it in my boobs :v:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I keep considering a belt lipectomy because I've got a bunch of loose skin after managing to lose and keep off 100lbs, but the cost and especially the recovery keep me from going for it.

cis autodrag- are your boobs healed up enough that laying on your front isn't too bad? gotta be a bit of whiplash to go from not being able to rest that way at all to being forced to.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
hey thread I just wanted to shout out a small update I guess

I’m finally getting referred to dermatology for laser/electro, which means I’m able to move forward a bit more on transitioning at work. it’s a good feeling

I’m still kinda lost though

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
my biggest advice for facial hair is if you can get it started before you're on hormones, your results will be a lot better

i don't have facial hair dysphoria as much now and there isn't much of it left after about 10 sessions

i'm now at the point where i dread coming in because i am sick of it

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Shifty Pony posted:

I keep considering a belt lipectomy because I've got a bunch of loose skin after managing to lose and keep off 100lbs, but the cost and especially the recovery keep me from going for it.

cis autodrag- are your boobs healed up enough that laying on your front isn't too bad? gotta be a bit of whiplash to go from not being able to rest that way at all to being forced to.

Yeah, I'm laying on my tummy. The boobs are safe. Getting up from my stomach sucks though because the muscles are hella bruised

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Lain Iwakura posted:

my biggest advice for facial hair is if you can get it started before you're on hormones, your results will be a lot better

how's that supposed to work, do the hormones make it lighter so it can't absorb as much energy or something?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

cis autodrag posted:

Yeah, I'm laying on my tummy. The boobs are safe. Getting up from my stomach sucks though because the muscles are hella bruised

if you don't mind me asking a super gross personal question (and by all means feel free to tell me to gently caress off if you don't want to answer) i'm real curious... how do you

uh...

poop

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

if you don't mind me asking a super gross personal question (and by all means feel free to tell me to gently caress off if you don't want to answer) i'm real curious... how do you

uh...

poop

Fast. But the vicodin locks you up for a while so I haven't gone yet.

Basically you've got a 10 minute shot clock on a poop sesh so blood flow isn't cut off from the booty.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
lmao

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

cis autodrag posted:

Fast. But the vicodin locks you up for a while so I haven't gone yet.

Basically you've got a 10 minute shot clock on a poop sesh so blood flow isn't cut off from the booty.

oh so you can actually like, sit down briefly? that's much better than i thought :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

oh so you can actually like, sit down briefly? that's much better than i thought :v:

Yeah, but you have to keep it short. 15 minutes without strong blood supply and the fat cells die.