Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Adolf Glitter posted:

Took me a minute to read the numbers right. 202 million, haha, wtf?
Even when I was reading it as 20 million, it was still rad overall, but lordly that's some big numbers

Unfortunately Ideal makes it so that I cannot control my damage for poo poo, so she's out of the team for any dungeon with lots of damage absorbs. I think this is the main reason why Edward is a tiny bit better than Yusuke: he can stop at 6 combos and still do good damage, without activating the 7-combo awakenings.

BTW, a 7 combo without matching blue does a bit less than 1 million damage with Yusuke, which should be enough to handle some of the more common absorbs. If you add blue he does 5+ million.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

hey cool, my estimated score was at 25.7% for the ranking dungeon. really cutting it close there but all I wanted was the yomi and that still qualifies

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
This JP ranking dungeon is making me really upset that I don't level and tama all of the random poo poo in my box. I have a team that could possibly tackle this, but I need about a billion pys and tamas to make it happen and I stopped farming them because I'm lazy and I'd rather not manage the box space.

The basically required Sheena is good fortune, though, because I rolled appx a hundred of them when the heroine machine was around. I just wish I had more of the things to button with, since it looks like those are how the top scores are showing up.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

I should start having you folks friend my alts. They are swimming in poo poo that I barely use.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Anyone in JP have an ilmina they keep up? I need a friend.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Tir McDohl posted:

Not much you can do about the players like this:

That run was a product of me being lucky and also in the zone though. That said my alt ended in the high 152ks and I hit 152k a decent number of times in all my runs over the week.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I ended up jumping from like 14% to 2% in a very lucky run, which means I'll be getting my first NA crown. :toot:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

SweetJahasus posted:

The basically required Sheena is good fortune, though, because I rolled appx a hundred of them when the heroine machine was around. I just wish I had more of the things to button with, since it looks like those are how the top scores are showing up.
oh gently caress we better get this dungeon in NA I got trips Sheena myself (in my fruitless quest for Ilmina) and want more crowns :getin:

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

I had no idea that those Rathian assist things were out in the US, but they are, and they are loving great

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Yeah it’s hands down the best assist equip evo in the game in NA right now. Toxx and I run Colo every now and then and 120% Poison resist (his Diablos and my OdinDra) absolutely trivializes several floors.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

ChikoDemono posted:

I should start having you folks friend my alts. They are swimming in poo poo that I barely use.

I'd ask you and switch to a JP or NA account already, but I've been having a lot of fun with random Rikuu teams lately, it's been nice running rainbow again. My EU account has a lot of stuff I'll miss if/when switching

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

If/when the EU server dies, I’ll give you the best NA/JP account I possess, Pigeon.

Funny enough, I never bothered trying to get Rikku :effort:

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
Haha, ended on 35.1% gently caress me sideways.

Oh well, don't need a second Yomi, but I wanted to do better than the last tournament. Guess I'll have to wait for one where I have an unfair advantage.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, JP has the +15 egg REM, time to cash my mails of the past few months.

Half an hour later...

88, yeah.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
^^ I just did this same thing yesterday because I was having to chase a super awakening on one of my cards and ended up having to reroll it ELEVEN TIMES to get the drat one I wanted.

So many plusses :saddowns:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
the best part about super awakenings is that gungho figured out how to make +eggs relevant again in tyool 2018

just wait until they introduce double super awakenings and you have to reroll both slots simultaneously :getin:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the reincarnated heroes seem alright, tho I wish they'd gotten bigger buffs to their ls. good super awakenings tho

http://puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=767

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

dragon enthusiast posted:

the best part about super awakenings is that gungho figured out how to make +eggs relevant again in tyool 2018

just wait until they introduce double super awakenings and you have to reroll both slots simultaneously :getin:

lol, you have to aim higher. Roll for both, 20% chance of getting the second awakening.

There are also news about Dark Ra Dragon or whatever but it seems like a big wet fart so meh. Could have been good as a leader in 2016 or something.

quote:

Awoken Skills: 2x resistance-bind, 2x skill boost, 2x time-extend, resistance-skill bind, Super enhanced combo (10C), guard break

Active (CD 15): Full board changes to 5 colors + Heart orbs. Reduces others' cooldown by 2 turns.

LS: 1.5x all parameters for Devil type. ATK increases when attacking with 4 colors (3 colors + Heal), up to 9x (5 colors + Heal).

Weighted Stats: 1049.83 (HP: 5305; ATK: 2380; RCV: 130)

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Manatee Cannon posted:

the reincarnated heroes seem alright, tho I wish they'd gotten bigger buffs to their ls. good super awakenings tho

Does some math whiz know the difference in damage between 2x 7c and 1x 7c and triple donger? I could conceivably fit some TPAs on a 7x6 board and still meet high combo requirements, despite not really wanting to....but if the damage is good enough, may be worth it.

Edit:

trucutru posted:

There are also news about Dark Ra Dragon or whatever but it seems like a big wet fart so meh. Could have been good as a leader in 2016 or something.

I mean decent stats, unbindable, 2 fingers, 10c, an SBR, and a DKali board with haste. Not mad at it for a sub.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

SweetJahasus posted:

Does some math whiz know the difference in damage between 2x 7c and 1x 7c and triple donger? I could conceivably fit some TPAs on a 7x6 board and still meet high combo requirements, despite not really wanting to....but if the damage is good enough, may be worth it.
7c is 2x atk, each prong is 1.5x, so it's 2x versus 3.375x (that's not putting in 2x from the one 7c they have in common, so really it's 4 versus 6.75).

Totally unrelated: in confirming that on PDX's awakening pages and clicking around like an idiot, turns out the Brave 2 series (all the random crap that has the double orb change + change self attribute) have Equipment forms in JP that give poo poo like inheritable Multi Boost awakening. Having two of these Gan Jiang & Mo Ye idiots could turn out awesome.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

dark ra dragon is 2.25/182.25/2.25 for devil types. he's worse than xmas kali but probably farmable and 10c is supposedly x5 damage so he'll do a lot of damage if you can activate it. he'll be a pretty strong sub and a lead about on par with bhunter that trades the coop restriction for devil typing

he's pretty good honestly but it's definitely underwhelming when you can just trade some dupes in for yusuke instead (tho even if they put him in the mp shop for 1 million mp, that'd at least still be way cheaper than trading). maybe he'll get buffed like rmyr did last year

e: going back to the reincarnated evos for a sec, the prong super awakenings mean you can get up to 5 total with equip evos. like if you equipped weld onto yamato takeru, he'd have 5 prongs in single player. that's around x15 damage if you match 7 combos with a prong. that's more damage than ney can do with a prong equip, for example. yamato's the only one with a perfect equip option that I know of tho

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 11, 2018

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Actually, speaking of equipment evos, what's the best way to get more Jewels of Creation to make them? I'm lazy and never bothered to look it up.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Jewels of Creation invade Spirit Jewel Rush pretty regularly.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Actually, speaking of equipment evos, what's the best way to get more Jewels of Creation to make them? I'm lazy and never bothered to look it up.

Get a S ranking on a dungeon and you get a full set of high end materials. There is usually on of those per week and that should be enough for most.

Otherwise wait for the spirit jewel rush, get lucky on the paradise of the holy beasts dungeon, or wait for the Norn arena (nornena? Norniseum? Tripolar goddesses? ) to arrive to the US.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I would gladly give you one of the 12+ taking up space in my box but they're untradeable.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

SweetJahasus posted:

The problem here is that it's not as cut and dried as "2x per 7c, 1.5x per TPA". TPAs give you a multiplier for the individual match, and 7c gives you a multiplier for all matches combined. So you pop a tricolor on a 7x6 board and make 5 matches on color and that becomes a fuckload of damage, plus you have a higher combo count for that extra bit on top.

Whether you should mix in TPAs with a 7c team is dependent on what you're running and what you're facing and the state of the board, but as a general rule going for just raw combos probably pays off more.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, there is a reason pretty much nobody gives a poo poo about TPAs anymore. We could get all technical and stuff but, at the end of the day, 7c is just superior for multiple reasons (damage, orb usage, combo count, etc)

GungHo should do something about rows, tpas, and enhances (the match 5 +orbs mechanic) to come back but it's not like they have ever been able to do much to balance the different damage mechanics well. Basically, right now there are just 2 kinds of meta leaders: combo and rainbow ones (to be fair, there are a few cross-meta leaders that are pretty good too), and they both use 7c to deal damage. Only the Sonias (with their L-matches) are really doing something different, but they are still combo leaders at heart.

This is easiest to see with Yog, who technically can have a row, TPA, or 7c team. 7c is just obviously superior.

Latest collabs (FMA, YYH) big prizes:

Edward (combo leader with double 7c).
Yusuke (combo leader with double 7c)
Dark Kushi... I mean, Minoru (combo leader with double 7c)

trucutru fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Apr 12, 2018

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
EU server is no longer getting monthly quests or events...RIP

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

ChikoDemono posted:

If/when the EU server dies, I’ll give you the best NA/JP account I possess, Pigeon.

Funny enough, I never bothered trying to get Rikku :effort:

Looks like that might be sooner than thought :(

quote:

*Important Announcement from the Puzzle & Dragons EU Team*

With the conclusion of the 12/4 (Thu) maintenance, the European server of Puzzle & Dragons has entered a new phase of operations.

Monthly Quest Dungeons and regular events have been discontinued. In their stead, all of the current Descended Dungeons and Special Dungeons (with the exception of the Warchief Dragon series, which will appear according to the previously announced schedule) have been made available on an indefinite basis. Normal Dungeons are also available at half their standard Stamina cost. The 5x Skill Up & Fusion Bonus will also remain constantly in effect, and the Tues-Wed-Thurs-Fri Dungeon will appear every weekend.

Starting 13/4 (Fri) at 12:00 AM (UTC), EU-exclusive Rare and Pal Egg Machines will become available on a constant basis. The new Select Enhance / Evo Carnival Pal Egg Machine features a selection of in-demand Enhance and Evo Material monsters, including new additions such the Super Snow Globe Dragon and other Snow Globe Dragons. The Rare Egg Machine will feature the Ultimate Godfest, highlighting the entire range of Godfest Exclusive characters released to date. To view lineup details and rates for each of these Egg Machines, please tap each Egg Machine’s Lineup button.

Returning 16/4 (Mon), the Godfest Exclusive Heroine Egg Machine and associated Nightmare Street Special Dungeon will also be available indefinitely.
As always, thank you for playing Puzzle & Dragons.

isndl
May 2, 2012
Everything available all the time sounds cool for a chill casual game but how are you supposed to get stones to roll if there's no more quests? Are they still getting daily gifts for events?

e: no, they specifically say regular events have ceased. Guess you're hosed once you've worked through all the clear stones. Wonder if they will continue to get new descends?

isndl fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Apr 12, 2018

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

trucutru posted:

Get a S ranking on a dungeon and you get a full set of high end materials. There is usually on of those per week and that should be enough for most.
oh poo poo, I'm on board for this

how do I S-rank these 7x6 ones with the penalty, I tried Ilm/Ilm/three blanks/Ilm and it still only B ranked because I didn't combo like a fiend

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

isndl posted:

Everything available all the time sounds cool for a chill casual game but how are you supposed to get stones to roll if there's no more quests? Are they still getting daily gifts for events?

e: no, they specifically say regular events have ceased. Guess you're hosed once you've worked through all the clear stones. Wonder if they will continue to get new descends?

These are the kinds of changes that mobages make when they're ramping to shut down the game

Its dead jim

isndl
May 2, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

how do I S-rank these 7x6 ones with the penalty, I tried Ilm/Ilm/three blanks/Ilm and it still only B ranked because I didn't combo like a fiend

I ran Rikuu/Tardis/friend Ideal, same as the other two Warchief dungeons. Big multiplier and lots of free move time, the 7x6 penalty only applies to combo score so keep your rarity down and you can auto-succeed assuming you make it to the end.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Sonias going live in NA today which is cool and good. Don't see a time (and per my attempt as I'm typing this to UVO her, it's not live yet).

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
So this diamond dragon is trophy-or-money, right? Any other conceivable uses?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there's an animated 7* gfe coming to japan; I guess that was inevitable considering they removed all the 5* gfes. she's got edward's >50% hp shield but seems pretty orb hungry as a lead otherwise. looks like a really strong sub tho

trucutru posted:

GungHo should do something about rows, tpas, and enhances (the match 5 +orbs mechanic) to come back but it's not like they have ever been able to do much to balance the different damage mechanics well.

rows would be pretty simple imo. just have them work for rows and columns. a full board would do more damage, you can now use normal fua (which is more common and easier to use than fua2), and it breathes new life into all of those column making actives. idk what they'd have to do for prongs or oe tho

I think the l-unlock was their attempt at buffing the match 5 leads but they seem pretty mediocre to me

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Apr 12, 2018

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

there's an animated 7* gfe coming to japan; I guess that was inevitable considering they removed all the 5* gfes. she's got edward's >50% hp shield but seems pretty orb hungry as a lead otherwise. looks like a really strong sub tho

It's nice to see that a variation of the original Chun Li fighting pose is good and well

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

rows would be pretty simple imo. just have them work for rows and columns. a full board would do more damage, you can now use normal fua (which is more common and easier to use than fua2), and it breathes new life into all of those column making actives. idk what they'd have to do for prongs or oe tho

I think the l-unlock was their attempt at buffing the match 5 leads but they seem pretty mediocre to me

Rows being completely incompatible with FUA makes them pretty fundamentally broken in the current game. Changing them to columns might be the only real way to solve the problem.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the new gfe's row form having both void pierce and fua2 is smart at least. they both activate the same way so matching the box has way more utility (the fua/void pierce obviously but she also gets a x5 damage multiplier just for making the box)

honestly they could just make rows work off of 3x3 boxes like fua2/void pierce too. you'd need more orbs for the boost but at least there would actually be some synergy between fua2 and row awakenings this way. it'd also make them actually usable with 7x6 boards because currently they suck on big boards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psilo
Oct 18, 2009

Battle Pigeon posted:

Looks like that might be sooner than thought :(

Well that sucks. I still kinda hoped that EU would get merge with NA or they would just keep giving us some free stones once a while or something :smith: