Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

PMush Perfect posted:

Speak of the Devil, and he shall appear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Kazerad posted:

I'm here all the time! This thread is what reminds me of webcomics I used to read five years ago, and then tells me that they've been spontaneously canceled with at best one page of conclusion.

Update your comic fucker
and bring back the buttons, I want more buttons

Tenebrais posted:

They arrived at the culmination of a gruelling quest, in an event that will go down in Tackleford history as "that time with the wizard. No, the other one. This one had a beard. You remember? Same week as the wasp thing."

Tackleford is a magic magnet, they've had all sorts of wizards, demons, satans, and grunge bands.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Some kid in Sleepless Domain just barfed a cloud of screaming darkness out of his eyes, and I hope they explain soon why that happened because that was cool.

and no, I don't want to know if there is a detailed article about this on some supplemental wiki somewhere.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Nuns with Guns posted:

Some kid in Sleepless Domain just barfed a cloud of screaming darkness out of his eyes, and I hope they explain soon why that happened because that was cool.

and no, I don't want to know if there is a detailed article about this on some supplemental wiki somewhere.

I don't know if there's much there other than that he touched Mouthburger. It explains why there aren't non-magical girls running around and beating up monsters and why it was completely insane for the guy with the rat to be out and about. That reminds me, I need to subscribe to her Patreon once I get the chance.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I agree it's related to coming in contact with the monsters, I was just wondering what it was and how bad it could get

Grantaire
Jul 16, 2009

oh what a world

Kazerad posted:

I'm here all the time! This thread is what reminds me of webcomics I used to read five years ago, and then tells me that they've been spontaneously canceled with at best one page of conclusion.

the ones you don't read will update until we're all loving dead

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
you know, it's nice we can all still get together like this and talk about webcomics

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bit of Scary Go Round information that was overlooked: as per the facebook page, Parents has ended and act 3 of Wen-Tack, The Grand Unboxing, starts Monday.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Today in Ava's Demon, Ava confirms that she still loves doing mass murders of people who sort of deserve it.

And yet somehow Gil remains the worst.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

fappo

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

here's the first issue of my new webcomic, "rabbit comics"

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Oh. Oh dear.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

it was always only a manner of time, the manic pixie dreamgirl can be sealed away but never truly destroyed

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Shelly Winters will never go away.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Mors Rattus posted:

Shelly Winters will never go away.

Good :hai:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I like Lottie more because she's like 1/3rd Shelly's age but already a more responsible adult

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Somewhere, a sign is flipped back.

It has been [0][0] days since Shelley Winters appeared in a John Allison story.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

They built that sign with a third digit but quickly realized their mistake and removed it.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
https://www.widdershinscomic.com/wdshn/april-6th-2018/

Well that's not at all ominous for Lady Greyhair here. Standing just between a pit and a guy telling her it's time for her to go.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Kate Beaton tweeted about her sister and I don't know if it means she's getting better or worse. I hope she's improving.

https://twitter.com/beatonna/status/983386010225725440

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

Kate Beaton tweeted about her sister and I don't know if it means she's getting better or worse. I hope she's improving.

https://twitter.com/beatonna/status/983386010225725440

Sounds like hospice to me, unfortunately. She tweeted some pics of her sister at her wedding, and it looks like she's got a full head of hair, while comics from late last year had her going bald.
It was aggressive and basically untreatable when they found the cancer, and were looking for experimental treatments immediately.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Cat Mattress posted:

https://www.widdershinscomic.com/wdshn/april-6th-2018/

Well that's not at all ominous for Lady Greyhair here. Standing just between a pit and a guy telling her it's time for her to go.

Miss Sloth has repeatedly failed to pick up on every sign that Lust doesn't have her best interests at heart, so why start now?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is it possible to be too lazy to pick up on massive red flags

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

The End just came back from their unannounced hiatus.

I have very mixed feelings about this comic. On one hand, I love the setting and the concept. Spaceships and lasers are my jam. On the other hand, the characters sort of tend to blend together for me, which is not a problem I have ever seen in other webcomics. The characters have similar sounding names, they look similar, their appearance can sometimes change entirely without warning (mainly the bird people in the earlier strips, with their camouflage), etc. It doesn't help that there is an alien race that is literally the same as humanity except they're evil, and some of the protagonists have been captured and are buddying around with them.

It feels kind of frustrating, because I feel that the artists also struggle with this, and I love the comic apart from that, but being able to tell who is who is... important.

Inglonias fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 11, 2018

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
At this point in The End I'm more invested in the hovertext story.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Cat Mattress posted:

At this point in The End I'm more invested in the hovertext story.

so's the author, p sure

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm about a third of the way through Opportunities and dang y'all, that's some good poo poo. I am highly invested in the sci-fi mystery thriller that is so far set in one hotel and nowhere else.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well, a far more welcome return in the latest two Scary Go Rounds.

It's weird to see Lottie already being almost as tall as Shelley. But nice to see that after their initial interactions way back in The Case of the Lonely One, she's figured out how to handle Mr. Spink.

Also, Allison's troll game is on point. Does he read the thread? :tinfoil:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yvonmukluk posted:

Well, a far more welcome return in the latest two Scary Go Rounds.

"Nang" might be my favorite Allison onomatopoeia.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

What is happening in Gunnerkrigg Court? Chapter after chapter of gentle, meandering progression where nothing much happens, then suddenly what could conceivably be the end game just explodes out of nowhere. It would be a mild understatement to describe it as a bit of a tonal shift.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think its the start of act 2

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's been building to something like this for some time now

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Something just happened, but whatever shifted, I don’t think it was the tone of the storytelling.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

What is happening in Gunnerkrigg Court? Chapter after chapter of gentle, meandering progression where nothing much happens, then suddenly what could conceivably be the end game just explodes out of nowhere. It would be a mild understatement to describe it as a bit of a tonal shift.

Have you ever boiled some milk? Subjective hours of nothing happening, and suddenly, without warning, it spills out of the pan.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

About half the gunnerkrigg thread has been talking about recent chapters as meandering and pointless, and the other half has said "what are you talking about, this is clearly leading somewhere"

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
I'm lovin GC but i think the design Tom went with for Yes E. Coyote.....is a little silly

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i really doubt thats not deliberate

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
all the webcomics going atm are some loving safe rear end whitebread non confrontational pansy poo poo. webcomics are the only true independent medium left, where the hell are all the dissenting opinions? it's all loving magical girls and bland furries, it means nothing, it signifies nothing, it is all completely worthless from an artistic standpoint in this, the most dynamic of political eras - the 21st century fall of the roman empire. you should all be ashamed of yourselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hey av you read unsounded yet