Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
I've been playing on the Demiurge private server for the last few weeks and it's pretty solid. It's a small pop newer server, currently 75 capped. The guy who runs it is a DSP coder so it's constantly getting worked on. I like it because with 2x exp and working FoV and GoV I'm not forced to party to get levels. Another to consider if you want to try private servers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
I like how the login campaign has just absolute crap.

Do they plan what they're gonna do? I want shantotto II and some goblin stew

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

there havent been trusts in any login campaign since i've started playing i'm pretty sure, it's hosed up

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Verbose posted:

I like how the login campaign has just absolute crap.

Do they plan what they're gonna do? I want shantotto II and some goblin stew

gobbie stew is almost never in the roation, Shantotto II is frustratingly rare. For the stew at least, the next time the Mog Garden event rolls around it should be in there for cheap.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

voltcatfish posted:

there havent been trusts in any login campaign since i've started playing i'm pretty sure, it's hosed up

Supposedly there's an Alter-Ego Extravaganza coming up sometime in April-May where some will be available, probably not Shantotto II though which is the one I really want. Don't really remember if it's via login points or just Sparks/other currencies, but I think some are available with login points.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

Cuchulain posted:

gobbie stew is almost never in the roation, Shantotto II is frustratingly rare. For the stew at least, the next time the Mog Garden event rolls around it should be in there for cheap.

These were just up in Feb in the Mog Garden event, not sure how often that happens

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Can you use trusts in abysea now? Back in 2014 you couldn’t and it made that place that much worse.

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

Ort posted:

These were just up in Feb in the Mog Garden event, not sure how often that happens

Buhhhh I haven't done any of the mog garden stuff, I thought it was only through the login campaign

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Holyshoot posted:

Can you use trusts in abysea now? Back in 2014 you couldn’t and it made that place that much worse.

You can

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Verbose posted:

Buhhhh I haven't done any of the mog garden stuff, I thought it was only through the login campaign

It's just sold from the Green Thumb Moogle looks like during the campaign, you don't really have to do anything except setting it up to access the vendor portion.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Does it make getting those relics less aids?

taels
Oct 19, 2012

K:CID:X

Holyshoot posted:

Does it make getting those relics less aids?

I'd sincerely imagine not because even on thf you can't proc 100%

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I'll be extremely happy with myself if I get anything to 75, much less relic armor and stuff

Tbh if I unlock bard and level it some I'll feel accomplished

Got level 22 RDM this morning with a server admin powerleveling us, he also gave me my 10.4k for streaming. Got enough Gil now to take myself to 30 on both RDM and BRD

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I really need to get on this streaming thing...

Have any viewers?

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

taels posted:

I'd sincerely imagine not because even on thf you can't proc 100%

Rhapsodies updates voidwalker abyssite upgrade rates to 100% so if you're doing darudabla or ochain that makes it MUCH easier

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

hagie posted:

I really need to get on this streaming thing...

Have any viewers?

I had one viewer for like ten minutes, lol. Nobody wants to watch a stream of a 20 year old game with no webcam or stream information or anything, I guess. I was in a party with a guy today (and a few times over the past week, I like that I've been grouping with familiar faces for the most part) who had 300 people watching his stream, though, which I found very surprising.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All of my experiences have been creepily overly positive.

Like I am waiting to have a stalker or some poo poo...

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

voltcatfish posted:

Anniversary is next month, so anticipate a lot of trusts being available in May.

If anyone finds or can make an app or addon/plugin that can auto trade SP Gobbie Keys, I would greatly appreciate!

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Please God let them continue the dark trust story with trust: shadowlord, promathia, elad'narche, etc.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
For retail do you guys prefer windower or ashita? I keep getting a crash when trying to launch retail with ashita. https://i.imgur.com/kyC27Vn.png

Using default client works fine. But obviously is awful.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Last year I had major issues with Windower

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

I have an issue with windpower where the sound and video slowly start drifting apart, awful.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I've never had a problem with windower outside of a few cutscenes which are well known to make the client hang.

If I were to start multiboxing again I would probably make the switch to Ashita.

That's error suggests that the installation is messed up or the registry is getting messed up with something ashita is trying to do with the client

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Ashita is more resource intensive than Windower, but more stable and much friendlier for multiboxing.

Zero issues with the chat log bug with Ashita and I can easily get around and cutscene hang ups from not using Vanilla.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Yea I’d like to use ashita then. Guess I need to wait for the dev to reply to my question on their forums.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Ugh, I just sat down and learned gearswap. I think my next bit of free time to learn ashita's version will be in 2021

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
If anyone's on around 6pm pst I could use a pearl on Asura. Name tonic.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Are abysea leech exp parties still a thing if you're sub 99 or should I just keep with leveling using my trusts?

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Very dead.

Abyssea exp isn't normal so doesn't get any of the exp boost. You can get way more than the ~600exp per kill that abyssea caps at just chaining EM or DC enemies elsewhere.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Majumbo posted:

Very dead.

Abyssea exp isn't normal so doesn't get any of the exp boost. You can get way more than the ~600exp per kill that abyssea caps at just chaining EM or DC enemies elsewhere.

Perfect. So just keep going to zone appropriate levels with my trust group and I’ll be 99 in no. Time.

How far into rov do the exp bonuses stop? Having to stop doing rov to then go do missions in other content has been a bit annoying. Like currently having to do some wings of goddess stuff since I was only on cat sith.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
the 6th KI is the last one that gives an exp boost, the last 3 boost CP instead

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, at the end of chapter two of RoV you will have all exp and limit point boosts

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

And once you're in escha zi'tah, anyone with a decent -PDT set and a bit of cleave can get you to 99 in like 30 minutes. 10 if the Gain XP RoE is up.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Cuchulain posted:

And once you're in escha zi'tah, anyone with a decent -PDT set and a bit of cleave can get you to 99 in like 30 minutes. 10 if the Gain XP RoE is up.

Yea I just finished getting to chapter 3 rov. Too bad those cleave runs cost 3m Gil :(. Any goons down for some cleaving. I got a pld and whm mule that’s 3 I need leveled up.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

I'm a degenerate who loves grinding, but I'm on a different server with a friend from home. I wish you luck finding someone with base 119 gear and like, the Shockwave WS who can spare like five minutes.

Did you already Limit Break by the way?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Cuchulain posted:

I'm a degenerate who loves grinding, but I'm on a different server with a friend from home. I wish you luck finding someone with base 119 gear and like, the Shockwave WS who can spare like five minutes.

Did you already Limit Break by the way?

Yes I have a few 99’s on the account.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The issue with doing that, and the biggest drawback to being on Asura, is the good camps are usually swamped

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

LiquidFriend posted:

The issue with doing that, and the biggest drawback to being on Asura, is the good camps are usually swamped

Well assuming I got all the exp rov kis. How long does it take to go 1-99 with just trusts and going to different camps based on level?

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

When I was trying to get every job done I could do 30-99 in a few hours solo with trusts, though that may have been during an exp campaign as well. I forget.
Either way it's quite fast even solo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I may be remembering wrong, but pretty sure I took a 26 Cor to 99+merits, in a handful of days (3?).