Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Destiny 2 feels like Jira the video game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Mama mia! This gamea bad!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Great news:

:ducksiren: Destiny 2 launches on May 8th! :ducksiren:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/11/17226958/destiny-2-bungie-second-expansion-warmind-launch-release-date-may-9

It’s the new expansion release date. Make sure you have 67GB of Disk Space available that day.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Why are they bringing back bounties? Aren't challenges that except without the step of talking to a robot?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I gave up trying to understand why they do anything man. I don’t know.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
gonna laugh my rear end off when “bounties” is like some targeted daily poo poo to kill named mobs for tokens and the Daily Challenges still exist

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Great news:

:ducksiren: Destiny 2 launches on May 8th! :ducksiren:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/11/17226958/destiny-2-bungie-second-expansion-warmind-launch-release-date-may-9

It’s the new expansion release date. Make sure you have 67GB of Disk Space available that day.

bad news, no improvements to inventory/collection until september, which is the bare minimum to make me come back

for real, not having a giant inventory in an item collection game is the biggest crime this game commited

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

for all your lol needs

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Minrad posted:

for all your lol needs

Wow, not sure I can keep up with all that engaging content.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Minrad posted:

for all your lol needs

Whoa PC clan chat this summer!!

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
vault space increase in May tho

May isn’t September?

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

They keep botching this in the most bumbling and oblivious way, it just keeps getting funnier.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
in vermintide 2 news, they just released a huge balance patch and there's DLC, mod support and dedicated servers coming this month

and it's half the asking price. and it was released last month. and it has zero in-game purchases.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Legs Benedict posted:

May isn’t September?

I'm guessing he meant Collections, which hopefully means I can just pull a Nameless Midnight from the Blueprints or whatever when I need one.

Storage of nonrandom weapons is silly to begin with imho

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I guess making the mod system not a giant pile of poo poo was too hard so they're just going to ignore it now.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

in vermintide 2 news, they just released a huge balance patch and there's DLC, mod support and dedicated servers coming this month

and it's half the asking price. and it was released last month. and it has zero in-game purchases.

yes but it’s also warhammer Fantasy, aesthetic matters

call me when there’s vermintide 40k

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
These updates keep being more depressing with each one lmfao

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Legs Benedict posted:

May isn’t September?

Iirc it's 25 or 50 slots, which won't even be enough for whatever they add in warmind, let alone first dlc which I never bothered with

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

These updates keep being more depressing with each one lmfao

I'm really looking forward to And More personally

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

When I see stuff like this, I just think: Dang, the mythical man month is working hard against Bungie. Too big to succeed.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Why isn't Warmind actually on the road map?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Holy poo poo that these idiots couldn't even get PC clan chat to work by the 2nd expansion

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Legs Benedict posted:

that would be amazing but i'm really just pointing out that some tiny rear end studio in sweden is much, much better at making video games than bungie

like in the verge article they're quoted as saying "we're all hands on deck to bring this game back from the dead". this roadmap is literally bungie trying their hardest.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

because they know it's going to be garbage lol

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Obsurveyor posted:

When I see stuff like this, I just think: Dang, the mythical man month is working hard against Bungie. Too big to succeed.

i mean, they could have just read the loving book to begin with. their basic system architecture is clearly so fundamentally broken that they need to scrap the whole thing and start over, but that would probably kill the studio at this point.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I could be mistaking what you said again but

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

that would be amazing but i'm really just pointing out that some tiny rear end studio in sweden is much, much better at making video games than bungie

like in the verge article they're quoted as saying "we're all hands on deck to bring this game back from the dead". this roadmap is literally bungie trying their hardest.

Ohhh yeah definitely, agreed

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Waffle House posted:

I could be mistaking what you said again but

What does "Go Fast" mean then? It ain't their update speed that's for sure.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Obsurveyor posted:

I dunno, man. All I'm good for is stating the obvious. I trust that further speculation is well-entrusted to your capable hands?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Obsurveyor posted:

It's the Go Fast update

Game
Out-of-Favor,
Find
Another
Shooter
To-Play

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Alternatively, they call it the Go Fast update because when you play it you do a 360 and go fast in the other direction.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Legs Benedict posted:

yes but it’s also warhammer Fantasy, aesthetic matters

There's been at least one. It just wasn't any good.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
So if I'm reading right what they're saying is that the game will almost be where people expected it to be at launch one calendar year after it actually launched

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Out of curiosity I went to check out the warframe thread and things have changed a lot since last I played

Last I checked it was basically dynasty warriors with guns and parkour, and now you can also jetpack around an open world zone and blow up giant monsters? Core gameplay is probably as floaty as it ever was but that's never bothered me when I'm running around at 80mph like Star Wars Kid on meth with a chainsaw.

However I've also put in an absurd amount of hours into that game so I'm okay with leaving it be.

Meanwhile,

Minrad posted:

for all your lol needs

Oh hey private matches

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

sadnessboner posted:

So if I'm reading right what they're saying is that the game will might almost be where people expected it to be at launch one calendar year after it actually launched

Fixed that for you.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Every single thing in the original January 31st roadmap that they marked in yellow as potentially being delayed was actually delayed, so I see no reason to expect exotic armor before September. I look forward to bringing back bounties; in a world where clans didn't exist, people without friends made progress by completing them for tokens for more gear. And it gave you incentive to do things like run Crucible events even if you weren't very good at them.

More relevant to this thread, however, I think it's really obvious that the PC client is forever a secondary priority now. The numbers that we've seen and all the usual places of community engagement that let you filter posts and requests by platform suggest this is a console game first and foremost, with a PC client that will continue to receive updates thanks to lobbying by Amnesty International. Throw in that Bungie isn't natively making the client but hiring another firm to port their assets, and I suspect any wish that is a hallmark of PC gaming multiplayer over Xbox Live style infrastructure (like dedicated servers) and any desire for something too elaborate to be done with eight face buttons and six triggers (like inventory loadout hotkeys) don't have a ghost of a chance of ever happening.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

do a 360 and go fast in the other direction.

:chloe:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Craptacular! posted:

I look forward to bringing back bounties; in a world where clans didn't exist, people without friends made progress by completing them for tokens for more gear.

this is literally what challenges are

jesus dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Craptacular! posted:

Every single thing in the original January 31st roadmap that they marked in yellow as potentially being delayed was actually delayed,so I see no reason to expect exotic armor before September. I look forward to bringing back bounties; in a world where clans didn't exist, people without friends made progress by completing them for tokens for more gear. And it gave you incentive to do things like run Crucible events even if you weren't very good at them.

More relevant to this thread, however, I think it's really obvious that the PC client is forever a secondary priority now. The numbers that we've seen and all the usual places of community engagement that let you filter posts and requests by platform suggest this is a console game first and foremost, with a PC client that will continue to receive updates thanks to lobbying by Amnesty International. Throw in that Bungie isn't natively making the client but hiring another firm to port their assets, and I suspect any wish that is a hallmark of PC gaming multiplayer over Xbox Live style infrastructure (like dedicated servers) and any desire for something too elaborate to be done with eight face buttons and six triggers (like inventory loadout hotkeys) don't have a ghost of a chance of ever happening.

Bolded part. Holy poo poo.

I read that and man, poo poo must really suck at Bungie.

• Locked thread