Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

when i was a kid i thought jonathan rhys davies literally was pavarotti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Devonaut posted:

buenos notches!

syscall girl posted:

can't wait for the bendy iphone to trickle down so we can line them up in a moebius strip

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

syscall girl posted:

can't wait for the bendy iphone to trickle down so we can line them up in a moebius strip

if you want a picture of the future, imagine notifications icons illuminating a human face. forever

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Devonaut posted:

buenos notches!

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
notch your aver-age phone

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/12/17228510/android-phone-manufacturers-missed-security-updates-lie

look, your phone security updates are all up to date, trust us, it says so right here

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

oh wait let me check your updates

*reaches into coat*

yeah looks like… 🖕

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/will-android-p-be-android-popsicle/ posted:

With the release of Google's spring wallpapers, some folks are seeing hints that the next Android mobile OS -- now up to letter P -- will be called Popsicle.

something something because things will suck on it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
... made for suckers?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
pineapple pizza pie

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
are you sure it isn't Popsicle®

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

more like Poopsicle

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
looking foreward to the whimsically named release that will never reach my phone

still on 7 :smithicide:

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

there are new phones on american store shelves right now that run android 5

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
penis-shaped novelty candy

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
opps thought this was google lol

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
have they confirmed that android Y will be yospos

cause you are all so sweet

:swoon:

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

[Google Amp Link]

https://twitter.com/s_ridenour/status/982956019725713409

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

seems like a problem with amp

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

people are finally sending links around with ease and then google makes special links that you have to make sure you’re not sharing now? no ones gonna do that. lol good work everyone

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
amp links are in the same category as facebook and linkedin links. never click on them

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
oh ok my bad here is a better link;

https://www.popsicle.com/

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

amp is good for a phone but garbage for everything else

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
it's like when you're too loving lazy to edit out the m. or mobile. from a link and so everyone else gets sent to the mobile version whether they're on mobile or not.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

if a site is still doing m.whatever.com in 2018 and not redirecting desktop traffic to the main link then the site sucks. i thot amp was supposed to do something similar now anyway?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

jesus grandma, you're supposed to highlight and delete "mobile." from that link before you send it to me you MORON

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Last Chance posted:

if a site is still doing m.whatever.com in 2018 and not redirecting desktop traffic to the main link then the site sucks. i thot amp was supposed to do something similar now anyway?

Most places detect mobile and redirects but not the other way around afaik

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Especially not amp cause google

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Last Chance posted:

a good example would be that youtube on mobile will direct to m.youtube.com, but if you click the share button it'll generate a youtu.be link, which does the proper redirection. the problem is lots of people have been trained to copy from the address bar, because those share links either require you to sign in to a service, or you have to click through half a dozen dialogs before you can get a url.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

anthonypants posted:

a good example would be that youtube on mobile will direct to m.youtube.com, but if you click the share button it'll generate a youtu.be link, which does the proper redirection. the problem is lots of people have been trained to copy from the address bar, because those share links either require you to sign in to a service, or you have to click through half a dozen dialogs before you can get a url.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UiVWItLdvAE

this redirects to the desktop site for me on my 27" 2013 iMac

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Last Chance posted:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UiVWItLdvAE

this redirects to the desktop site for me on my 27" 2013 iMac
ah, so it does. welp

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I loving laugh at websites still doing different @media styles and stuff, "ooh we need a special tablet layout!"

or do the opposite like wells fargo and just take the meticulously designed tablet layout and stick it in a centered div for anything bigger great job guys

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

qirex posted:

I loving laugh at websites still doing different @media styles and stuff, "ooh we need a special tablet layout!"

or do the opposite like wells fargo and just take the meticulously designed tablet layout and stick it in a centered div for anything bigger great job guys

Special tablet layout is good centered div is lazy trash for idiots

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

if you do your desktop site properly it'll scale down to tablet just fine

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

A big if

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

qirex posted:

if you do your desktop site properly it'll scale down to tablet just fine

post an example i'm curious

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

loscompadreslbc.com

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol.

first nam? tet offensive.

last nam? goddamn fall of saigon. :clint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

works for me

Blue Train fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Apr 15, 2018