Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Katt posted:

People have been taking great issue with the choice of actress to play Starfire in the new TV series. Based on a picture of her in civilian clothes on set

Black is the new orange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

joylessdivision posted:

This. I see some green hair behind the dude with the camera so that's probably Beast Boy.

Bets on which will cause more nerd rage, Beast Boy not being green skinned or Starfire.

it's Starfire because nerds are awful

Beast Boy not being green isn't so bad because he was white before the stuff happened that made him Beast Boy. But you can't prove that there's such a thing as a black Tamaranian, and because all other fictional planets have entirely homogeneous humanoid species, there's no way to infer that there would be. So please stop messing with my precious commercial property and keep everyone white or white approximate so that I don't have to think about things. Thank you.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
How about some more great liberal takes y'all?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Katt posted:

People have been taking great issue with the choice of actress to play Starfire in the new TV series. Based on a picture of her in civilian clothes on set

I can't imagine what might trigger this almost primordial resentment :thunk:

https://twitter.com/badpostitans/status/984057806738415618

That just looks like her costume isn't very warm so she's wearing her own jacket over it.

(But we both know the real reason)

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Ularg posted:

That just looks like her costume isn't very warm so she's wearing her own jacket over it.

They're filming in Canada, so that really is just a coat they gave her between takes. Some of the other shots show other actors in similar big coats. (God, I hope.)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

They're filming in Canada, so that really is just a coat they gave her between takes. Some of the other shots show other actors in similar big coats. (God, I hope.)

On my film, I was at least kind enough to wait until we warmed up before doing a bunch of scenes with people in shorts and T-shirts running outside.

Too bad for the guy wearing a boilersuit in every scene, though.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

quote:

[–]Eryemil 3 points 3 months ago
It's easier to change biology than it is to change society---or at least it will be within my lifetime. All we have to do to completely take away women's social power over men is to discover a means to allow men the choice to become bisexual. At the moment women couldn't hope to compete with men in terms of sexual desire and common interests; the only thing that gives them so much power is that straight men have no other choice. The most beautiful thing about this is that I don't think this would work in reverse (making women bisexual, if they aren't already) because of women's evolutionary derived meta values i.e. hypergamy.
Even if only a minority decides to go through with it, it will leave heterosexual males with an elevated sexual market value by virtue of their relative scarcity. You'd have a society of hetero men with harems of women eager to please him (and probably making all the babies) and a bunch of bros hanging out with their buddies playing video games and sucking each other off.
https://archive.li/l3G8H

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Everyone go bi so I can get laid.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

haha gonna need a whole mess of boxcutter blades to unpack that one

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Sure, if by "heterosexual", he means "bisexual"; by "harem of women", he mean "any number of partners, of any/all genders" and by that curious omission of his place in it all, he means "dying alone".

maswastaken has a new favorite as of 23:01 on Apr 11, 2018

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

is that character rlly called coriander?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

coriander, phobia, jolly, merica, rugs and rachet: THE FRANS

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

EmmyOk posted:

Commander Coriander Salamander and 'Er Singlehander Bellylander

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Waterbed Wendy posted:

coriander, phobia, jolly, merica, rugs and rachet: THE FRANS

https://twitter.com/danacbell/status/595828907422720001?s=21

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

...Why not turn all the men entirely gay? Bi dudes can still enjoy ladies. Or why not turn all the men into women? Then everyone can be gay together!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
He really just wants the "Last man on earth" scenario to be true, but only if the women make him their ruler.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

T-man posted:

Then everyone can be gay together!

I'm interested in your proposal and would like to know more.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ularg posted:

Hey props for putting a little bit of effort into hiding your "I hate black people" opinion there, Andre.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Yeah I bet that guy is a virulent racist, that post is so innocuous he must actually be sending a coded message about the biological inferiority of black people

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Deceitful Penguin posted:

How about some more great liberal takes y'all?

Does she say what they should call it?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Now I can't find this tweet. It was a reply to the galaxy brain meme with the joke being "Let's cast cis actors/actresses in role of Trans characters" and the person is trying the whole "Actors/Actresses is about pretending to be something you're not" and I wish I can beam the reasoning why that's so wrong with how he would never consider the same excuse for using white people to play characters of color.

Let alone just the fact that "Hey there are some really good trans actors/actresses out there who would probably love to be able to represent trans people properly on the big screen but no one gives them the chance. And that maybe Trans actors/actresses would bring some personal experience to the table that a cis actor could not.

And also that there should be some sort of creative input from the trans community on representation of the trans community within film. Like you would as part of research for any other film role. Plenty of people will hire military advisers just so the military jargon and squad movements feel true to life.

(e: just to be sure to add actor/actress instead of just actor)

Ularg has a new favorite as of 00:11 on Apr 12, 2018

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I know you're trying to be inclusive but keeping actor alone would have been more so, since that's the gender neutral term and doesn't exclude non-binary actors (often grouped in with trans people.)

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Arivia posted:

I know you're trying to be inclusive but keeping actor alone would have been more so, since that's the gender neutral term and doesn't exclude non-binary actors (often grouped in with trans people.)

Okay, thank you for the correction. I was just unsure myself. Actor felt good enough on its own at first but then that tingle in the back of my brain won't let me walk away.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/984022625440747520

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Why is that animal killing gases?

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

chitoryu12 posted:

Why is that animal killing gases?

"smart" like donald trump.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

sung to the tune of Sunbathing Animal

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Ularg posted:

Now you've got me thinking about tractors and tractresses.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Ularg posted:

Now I can't find this tweet. It was a reply to the galaxy brain meme with the joke being "Let's cast cis actors/actresses in role of Trans characters" and the person is trying the whole "Actors/Actresses is about pretending to be something you're not" and I wish I can beam the reasoning why that's so wrong with how he would never consider the same excuse for using white people to play characters of color.

Let alone just the fact that "Hey there are some really good trans actors/actresses out there who would probably love to be able to represent trans people properly on the big screen but no one gives them the chance. And that maybe Trans actors/actresses would bring some personal experience to the table that a cis actor could not.

And also that there should be some sort of creative input from the trans community on representation of the trans community within film. Like you would as part of research for any other film role. Plenty of people will hire military advisers just so the military jargon and squad movements feel true to life.

Add to this that cis male dickheads like Matt Bomer playing trans women on screen keeps kicking the "man in a dress" can down the road, so that people like me keep being seen as men in dresses and get loving murdered for it.
We can tell our own stories just fine without the help of some rear end in a top hat in clown makeup and 5 oclock shadow.

gently caress.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Weatherman posted:

Now you've got me thinking about tractors and tractresses.

That sounds like the theme to a gender reveal party for a family of farmers.

Also it feels like a D&D ripoff.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Ularg posted:

Also it feels like a D&D ripoff.

The cover art is a Boris Valejo painting of a scantily clad Tractress shooting lightning from her big, round, supple tires.
:heysexy:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Engage the tractress beam.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

bessantj posted:

Does she say what they should call it?

Circumcised?

Which doesn't really capture the horrific reality of it at all.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/bestofnextdoor/status/983779203785998336

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Hello Police? My neighbor is calling you guys buttholes with their wifi name.

Yes I'll hold.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
edit: made a silly post. nm

Madkal has a new favorite as of 05:06 on Apr 12, 2018

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

That twitter account is gold.

https://twitter.com/bestofnextdoor/status/984099862382690304

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I tried to sign up for my neighborhood nextdoor but it requires address confirmation and screw that. From what I can tell of the previews my area is pretty tame.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Your grandson started crying because he read the words "ALL COPS ARE BUTTHOLES"? How loving fragile can...wait, is he a cop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Nextdoor really is the best. There's a lot of bullshit, too, but every now and then there's a gem.
A few weeks ago our local one had some lady trying to ID some teenager that t-boned her or something. She was very serious in trying to find out who this was so she could go over and talk to the parents.