Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So two of the 4 girls from that little well meeting got burned, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
:lol: getting voted out holding JT's idol that he also held while getting voted out.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ugh what is this online only bullshit

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
"I don't want to be as cocky as JT"

*is cockier than JT*

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

IcePhoenix posted:

Ugh what is this online only bullshit

The same poo poo they have done for years and years?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Really glad Chris was too dumb to play his idol that was only good for 2 tribals... Nice to get that story line out of the way for some different ones.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm basically shipping Dom and Wendall to the F2 now. Even though I think they probably took a lot of damage this week and it's gonna be tough now. Chris hurt Wendell bad by linking him to Dom like that. Maybe that's on Wendell for trying to broker peace and flexing his game muscle a little too openly but that seemed to be a sincere attempt from most of Navati to make Chris see reason. It just proved impossible.

I loved that episode. I'm biased but I think that Dom vs Chris story kind of played out perfectly. Two massive egos clash, tribes split and circumstances work to keep them separate while the cold war rages, merge hits and they open fire in comical fashion. If it has extended past this week it might have worn out it's welcome but I can't imagine scripting that better.

And I'm real glad Chris's plan didn't work, he wasn't smart enough to use the idol he gave a vote for, and Wendell didn't become collateral damage. That was starting to feel like a real possibility.

TMMadman posted:

Yep. Desi and Angela got left hanging by Chelsea and Kellyn. Although Angela did say "if the majority is going one way I'll go that way" so maybe it was an agreed thing to be flexible in tribal and they just read it wrong.

Hilariously I was trying to figure out why there were zero votes for Dom or Wendell and the I remembered Chris gave up his vote! Ha!

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 12, 2018

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Did Chris really feel like he needed to save an idol for the next tribal where

-he'd actually have a vote
-he'd have one less person to worry about convincing
-his arch nemesis (or his right hand man) would be gone
-he had just convinced everyone to go his way the prior tribal
-he had another chance at immunity challenge
-he maybe didn't start off with his name on two votes guaranteed

What was he thinking lol

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Chris is the perfect combination of dumb and cocky. We could write an essay on his mistaken decisions in this episode alone.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

He believed his target had an idol and watched him put it on before the vote.

That has to be one of the dumbest misplays I've ever seen.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
He didn't even play the idol after Dom played his. I thought Jeff said they were done casting stupid people after One World.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

AdmiralViscen posted:

He believed his target had an idol and watched him put it on before the vote.

That has to be one of the dumbest misplays I've ever seen.

I love that Chris saw that around Dom's neck and said, "it's the shell" matter-of-factly as if "duh, guys, don't you remember the shell from that old season?"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I watched the Ponderosa video and the first thing Chris says is he's not bitter because they clearly were threatened by how smart he is.

Yep.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The same poo poo they have done for years and years?

They made it sound like there was a bonus clip, not just Ponderosa stuff.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

IcePhoenix posted:

I watched the Ponderosa video and the first thing Chris says is he's not bitter because they clearly were threatened by how smart he is.

Yep.

Chris is the first evictee of the season who I'm dsfinietly gonna listen to his RHAP exit interview. His delusions and justifications for Magoing his way out and getting clowned should be gold.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
That ponderosa video also ends with a rap video Chris wrote about his Survivor experience. I had to turn it off, but I guess it's out there in the world now.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Propaganda Machine posted:

That ponderosa video also ends with a rap video Chris wrote about his Survivor experience. I had to turn it off, but I guess it's out there in the world now.

Wendell Was Right

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE3DLW6SQwU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
A CBS intern had to spend minutes of their life making that beat in Garage Band.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Having watched his Ponderosa video I'm now entirely sure how anyone managed to live with Chris for as many days as they did. He is now my walking definition of "douchebag." This entire cast has my complete respect.

Like remember our debate with the scene where Chris "connected" with Donathan and we all read it as Chris being incredibly annoying and Donathan just tolerating him, but Donathan made it seem like he really did connect with him? I'm now very sure Donathan's just an amazingly patient person and we were all right.

Like... he actually takes the rapping REALLY seriously. The hell?

I'm definitely going to check out Ponderosa each week to see everyone's dread once they realize they're walking into Chris' house.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Please be a joke
Please be a joke

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They should just put JTs idol back in play... but add in that Chris also was cursed by it...

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Chris' Ponderosa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HCGUgESwGU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

This is art.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Fuckin A. It takes a pretty special level of unawareness/stupidity to focus the lens of the entire show upon you and somebody else and not use your immunity idol, especially knowing that the other person has an idol AND that your own idol only has a shelf life of two tribal councils. I don't throw this term around often, but it really is Darwinism in full effect.

TMMadman posted:

My first impression was that they split the vote so they could send home a desired target instead of going to rocks in case of idol funny business. Would have been a prescient move if Chris had any sort of sense whatsoever. I don't see Des and Kellyn being split up, but I guess we'll see next week.

I'm so happy the Chris vs Dom thing isn't gonna drag out, and now it looks like we have a few interesting cadres (Dom/Wendell/Laurel/Donathan - Jenna/Libby/Seb/Michael - Kellyn/Chelsea/Des/Angela) that are coming into view.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, upon reflection it seems plausible that Desi and Angela were supposed to vote for Libby just in case Chris pulled out an idol (as he should have). And they'd need 2 votes to counter Chris' 1 vote for Wendell.

Another thing I thought of since watching - its interesting that Laurell and Donathan seemed more in touch with the plans than Libby, Micheal, and Jenna. I'm not super surprised since they had seemed to be the better players who were making more connections. And Laurell and Donathan have their alliance with Wendell and Dominick. But it did seem pronounced as no one was really considering those two at all in the multiple discussions of which Mololo to vote out. Libby, Michael, and Jenna seem very isolated and Laurell and Donathan seem like they're in a good position to ride the middle.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

AWarmBody posted:

Please be a joke
Please be a joke

CBS has achieved master level trolling.

Edit: Dalton Ross tweeted a video of Wendell's vote so we can relive the moment as much as we want!

https://twitter.com/DaltonRoss/status/984233491616485376

Propaganda Machine fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Apr 12, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm listening to Bradley's Exit Interview and I think its funny that he contradicts himself within the first couple of minutes. He says Domenick wanted him out because he thought Bradley was voting out people with kids and says he wouldn't want to be sitting next to someone with kids. Then Rob asks if that was his strategy or just something Dom thought and Bradley claims it was just Dom's thinking and not strategy. Like, I get maybe you weren't DELIBERATELY targeting parents. But you just confirmed Dom was right.

Also man, Bradley was a condescending, smug prick.

"Ugh, Chelsea. Kellyn and I would come up with what to do and tell the group and then Chelsea would have to suggest something else. She'd always do that. Chelsea didn't get that the way it worked was that Kellyn and I went off and came up with the plan and then came back and told them."

I get why Stephanie considered poisoning this dude.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

STAC Goat posted:

I'm listening to Bradley's Exit Interview and I think its funny that he contradicts himself within the first couple of minutes. He says Domenick wanted him out because he thought Bradley was voting out people with kids and says he wouldn't want to be sitting next to someone with kids. Then Rob asks if that was his strategy or just something Dom thought and Bradley claims it was just Dom's thinking and not strategy. Like, I get maybe you weren't DELIBERATELY targeting parents. But you just confirmed Dom was right.

Apparently, Donathan said that he deliberately misled Dom on that - Domenick asked Donathan 'Is Bradley voting out people with kids?' and Donathan said 'yes', which just fueled the fire.

Anyway, it's amazing that if Chris didn't play the game, he'd have guaranteed himself safety. He risked it and didn't get the biscuit.

The tribal lines should be more interesting now. Common enemy gone, which means the Malolos are all in trouble again, especially Michael and Libby. But Laurel seems like she'll flip on Dom and Wendell, the problem is if she can get enough votes - her plus the original Malolos make six, so all they have to do is swing Sebastian (since the Naviti girls are almost definitely staying strong). Maybe that Jenna braid scene is finally gonna pay off.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Thanks, I hate it!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Apparently, Donathan said that he deliberately misled Dom on that - Domenick asked Donathan 'Is Bradley voting out people with kids?' and Donathan said 'yes', which just fueled the fire.
I was just reading an interview with Dominick and he basically seems to suggest that he came up with it himself. Basically he had a connection with Chelsea and was wary of Bradley/Kellyn (which he calls a "showmance"), when he was reunited with Chelsea she tells him that they were running things on their tribe and deciding who goes home, and when he realizes Brendan and Stephanie were both parents and they targeted them he reasons out that he's going to become a target of Bradley's.

And like I said, Bradley outright confirms that reasoning saying he'd never let a parent get to the end. So I can go ahead and give Bradley the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't deliberately saying "Lets vote out the parents." But it was obviously part of his math. That Domenick reasoned it out or Chelsea or Donathan encouraged the idea is just kind of them figuring Bradley out.

I mean, its obviously just Bradley being arrogant as anything and not wanting to give up that players could read him deeper than his most superficial strategy. Same as him acting like Chelsea was in the wrong for pushing back against him and Kellyn and not just letting them dictate things. It was just funny because he just outright contradicts himself in like the opening minute of the interview.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh my god I'm all in on the Wendell :bandwagon:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

ApplesandOranges posted:

Anyway, it's amazing that if Chris didn't play the game, he'd have guaranteed himself safety. He risked it and didn't get the biscuit.

What?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ApplesandOranges posted:

The tribal lines should be more interesting now. Common enemy gone, which means the Malolos are all in trouble again, especially Michael and Libby. But Laurel seems like she'll flip on Dom and Wendell, the problem is if she can get enough votes - her plus the original Malolos make six, so all they have to do is swing Sebastian (since the Naviti girls are almost definitely staying strong). Maybe that Jenna braid scene is finally gonna pay off.

I think Laurel gunning for Domenick/Wendell right now would be a mistake. It feels like Zeke making his move against Andrea. Its really early and you're targeting an ally in a big way that's going to expose you as a player and untrustworthy. Big moves like that rarely work out this early. Its why I worry that Dom-Wendell are going to be obvious targets now since that tends to be how it goes at this stage of the game.

Laurel's problem might work itself out if Dominick and Wendell are targets after taking down Chris. But I think her move right now is to try and encourage them to target Kellyn, Angela, or maybe Sebastian as threats. Try and keep as many Mololos around, maybe try and flip Sebastian using Jenna, and see if you can work numbers to have the leverage over Dom and Wendell a few votes down the line. And of course the tribal lines are fluid and a few votes down the line Laurel might have all the numbers she needs.

I just don't think its the right move to take a big shot this early, especially against your own allies. Zeke. Zeke. Zeke. You gotta pick your shot.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

If Chris hadn't risked his vote he would have had a one-shot idol that he had to play at this tribal, guaranteeing his own safety. This episode really was the perfect storm of gently caress-ups.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
He did have an idol..?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Incidentally, the fate of the 'strong white male' in Survivor has been up and down the last few newbie seasons. Joe Anglim was a dead man walking, but Koah Rong Nick was taken out because he was annoying, JP was just a non-entity and just ousted because of his alliance, and Chris was just unbearable. But nobody cares about Sebastian at all - he's barely a blip on the radar, just like MvG Ken. Even Michael would probably be taken out because of his savviness than any physical threat level, and Libby is considered just as big of a threat as he is.

People are cottoning on that strength matters way less than balance or endurance now. Sure Michael or Sebastian could go on a deep immunity run, but I'm just remembering Tocatins Erinn coming up with that crazy split vote to oust Tyson for that brief period he was vulnerable, and stuff like that doesn't happen as much anymore - a Holloway or Fabio win doesn't happen very often.

Zesty posted:

He did have an idol..?

By winning that first round, he had the option to play it at future TCs, so he decided to save the idol for later and got burned for it. Sometimes having too many options means you make the wrong one.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Zesty posted:

He did have an idol..?

I think the point is if he hadn't played the game he would have had an idol that was ONLY eligible this round. So unless he was positively brain dead he would have played it and saved himself. The rules would have protected him from himself.

Its not a real criticism or anything because it still comes down to the fact that Chris was moron for not using the idol that was only good for one more week when he absolutely knew people were voting for him him AND his target used an idol. But it is funny that if he hadn't gambled for the extra weeks he would have Magooed into saving himself this week.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

ApplesandOranges posted:

By winning that first round, he had the option to play it at future TCs, so he decided to save the idol for later and got burned for it. Sometimes having too many options means you make the wrong one.

Oh I must have misread. It sounded like you were saying he couldn't play it at this TC. My mistake.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Rarity posted:

Oh my god I'm all in on the Wendell :bandwagon:

Same, he was great.

Chris though....that was all just so bad by him. Wow what was he thinking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

CODChimera posted:

Same, he was great.

Chris though....that was all just so bad by him. Wow what was he thinking?

Presumably that he's such a charming and awesome dude that there was no way he hadn't convinced everyone to go with his plan.

• Locked thread